OOC Thread

I feel that to have been truly awesome, First Age Solars need to have been rocking out on electric guitars while flying around on their hoverboards. :coolshades:

The name does not sound familiar to any of you. She must have Exalted after you went into stasis.

I should have a new IC post up in the next day, Saturday at the latest.

Hey everyone. I just had a request from a friend named Ebon_Arbiter, asking if he could join in. I have no objections, and would love to have another person join in, but I wanted to run it past everyone first. What say you?

I will probably use my SUPREME STORYTELLER POWERS to say his character was with you in stasis, and was in the sleeping chamber while you were looking about the Titan.

Lets go ahead and welcome Ebon_Arbiter Ebon_Arbiter to the game.

ATM, we have three Solars and one Lunar. Your character can be of either type.

Welcome! I'm the lone Lunar of the game, and my Solar Bond is Esbilon's character, Khutulun. I'm a sneaky/rogue/thief type of character.

Greetings all and thank you for having me.

It feels refreshing to breathe in Creation once more, even more so among fellow Exalts, some of which I recognise from previous "incarnations" (ie former roleplaying experiences in these forums, few years ago).

Would there be anything in particular that the group feel like is needed or not needed to avoid overlapping / stepping on anyone's toes?

Welcome! I'm the lone Lunar of the game, and my Solar Bond is Esbilon's character, Khutulun. I'm a sneaky/rogue/thief type of character.

Nice to meet you! Lone Lunar? Arynne isn't playing one? :)

I'll think a bit about a couple of character concepts hovering around in my head and see what I end up with.

Unassuming Box Cat is playing a Eclipse, and is in progress of finishing up his sheet. Esbilon is a Dawn, and has a mix of War/Melee Charms, making her quite deadly. Arynne is a Zenith, and has a lot put into Crafting. Her special item is a intelligent Warstrider that has come along with her for the time jump.

Ha ha, no, I'm actually playing a Solar this time, strange as that may sound. ^;3^

Esbilon's character is a battle-sorcerer, but someone with utility spells would be very handy. As would a healer or pilot.

Ultimately, though, it's whatever you think would be most fun, of course!

It probably goes without saying that during this next week my posting will be somewhat sporadic with Christmas coming up. Just to let everyone know.

I don't expect to be moving too fast because of that. Besides, I want to make sure that Ebon_Arbiter has time to get a character whipped up before we leave him too far behind.

Thanks for the note, though.

I think what we need most is a proper face, though between a handful of old exalts, we can probably accomplish pretty much anything, so whatever you prefer would be good :)

*reads Ebon Arbiter's character*

Are you sure this guy didn't Exalt after damaging his hands in a vehicular accident? ^33^

Sherwood Sherwood How do you feel about this custom Elemental?
Couatl

Couatls are magnificent winged serpents covered in multi-coloured feathers.

They are the record keepers and scholars of the Eastern air courts.

couatl11.jpg

Summoning: Couatls are summoned both for their great knowledge and their sheer usefulness as mounts.

Motivation: To find and record all knowledge pertinent to their position in the Terrestrial Bureaucracy.

Attributes: Strength 6, Dexterity 3, Stamina 7; Charisma 3, Manipulation 2, Appearance 4; Perception 4, Intelligence 4, Wits 3

Virtues: Compassion 3, Conviction 3, Temperance 4, Valor 2

Abilities: Awareness 4, Bureaucracy 2 (Eastern spirit courts +3), Dodge 2 (While flying freely +2), Investigation 3 (Research +3), Linguistics 3 (Eastern dialects +3, Old Realm, Foresttongue, 2 others), Lore 4 (Their own spirit court +3), Martial Arts 3, Medicine 2 (Eastern herbs +2), Occult 4 (Eastern spirits +2), Performance 2, Presence 3, Resistance 2, Socialize 2 (Eastern etiquette +2)

Backgrounds:

Charms:

Amethyst Awareness — No eldricht secrets may elude the Couatl

Chrysalis of Preservation — The Couatl may preserve those items that are essential to the legacy of its court.

Landscape Travel — A couatl uses this charm to compensate for carrying armoured passengers, increase the speed of its parrot form fourfold and allow its humanoid form to fly.

Measure the Wind — Couatls are aware of their surroundings

Principle of Motion — A couatl usually has 8 actions banked.

Regalia of Authority — The majestic couatl commands obedience in the fulfilment of its position from all who behold it.

Shapechange — May change shape into either a parrot with the same colouring as their natural winged serpent form or a beautiful humanoid figure with feathers in their hair and great wings on their back.

Spice of Custodial Delectation — The simple task of keeping their records keeps a couatl nourished.

Subtle Whisper — In their role as advisors, it is often pertinent for the couatls to deliver information inconspicuously.

Touch of Grace — With the application of rare eastern herbs, a Couatl may accomplish miraculous feats of healing.

Tracking — A coutl's ability to track down lost (or Yu-Shan forbid, stolen!) lore is legendary.

Second (Ability) Excellency — Awareness, Investigation, Linguistics, Lore, Occult, Medicine

Third (Ability) Excellency — Awareness, Investigation

Join Battle: 7

Attacks:

Bite: Speed 5, Accuracy 7, Damage 6L, Parry DV -, Rate 3

Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy 6, Damage 6B (P), Parry DV –, Rate 1

Soak: 5L/8B (1L/1B feathered body)

Health Levels: -0/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-2/-2/-2/-2/-2/-4/Incap

Dodge DV: 5 (6 while flying freely)

Willpower: 8

Essence: 4

Essence Pool: 80

Other Notes: In its winged serpent or parrot form, a Couatl may fly at roughly 30 miles per hour (15 yards per tick). In its winged humanoid form, it can only fly with Landscape travel at 6 yards per tick or 16 yards per tick with a dash action.

*reads Ebon Arbiter's character*

Are you sure this guy didn't Exalt after damaging his hands in a vehicular accident? ^33^

Oh come on :) It's still work in progress and parts of the background might be left out if I cannot properly integrate them mechanically or if I end up feeling that the character's interests and supposed aptitudes are too many and varied for him to handle properly throughout the course of a story :)

Sherwood Sherwood How do you feel about this custom Elemental?
Couatl

Couatls are magnificent winged serpents covered in multi-coloured feathers.

They are the record keepers and scholars of the Eastern air courts.

couatl11.jpg

Summoning: Couatls are summoned both for their great knowledge and their sheer usefulness as mounts.

Motivation: To find and record all knowledge pertinent to their position in the Terrestrial Bureaucracy.

Attributes: Strength 6, Dexterity 3, Stamina 7; Charisma 3, Manipulation 2, Appearance 4; Perception 4, Intelligence 4, Wits 3

Virtues: Compassion 3, Conviction 3, Temperance 4, Valor 2

Abilities: Awareness 4, Bureaucracy 2 (Eastern spirit courts +3), Dodge 2 (While flying freely +2), Investigation 3 (Research +3), Linguistics 3 (Eastern dialects +3, Old Realm, Foresttongue, 2 others), Lore 4 (Their own spirit court +3), Martial Arts 3, Medicine 2 (Eastern herbs +2), Occult 4 (Eastern spirits +2), Performance 2, Presence 3, Resistance 2, Socialize 2 (Eastern etiquette +2)

Backgrounds:

Charms:

Amethyst Awareness — No eldricht secrets may elude the Couatl

Chrysalis of Preservation — The Couatl may preserve those items that are essential to the legacy of its court.

Landscape Travel — A couatl uses this charm to compensate for carrying armoured passengers, increase the speed of its parrot form fourfold and allow its humanoid form to fly.

Measure the Wind — Couatls are aware of their surroundings

Principle of Motion — A couatl usually has 8 actions banked.

Regalia of Authority — The majestic couatl commands obedience in the fulfilment of its position from all who behold it.

Shapechange — May change shape into either a parrot with the same colouring as their natural winged serpent form or a beautiful humanoid figure with feathers in their hair and great wings on their back.

Spice of Custodial Delectation — The simple task of keeping their records keeps a couatl nourished.

Subtle Whisper — In their role as advisors, it is often pertinent for the couatls to deliver information inconspicuously.

Touch of Grace — With the application of rare eastern herbs, a Couatl may accomplish miraculous feats of healing.

Tracking — A coutl's ability to track down lost (or Yu-Shan forbid, stolen!) lore is legendary.

Second (Ability) Excellency — Awareness, Investigation, Linguistics, Lore, Occult, Medicine

Third (Ability) Excellency — Awareness, Investigation

Join Battle: 7

Attacks:

Bite: Speed 5, Accuracy 7, Damage 6L, Parry DV -, Rate 3

Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy 6, Damage 6B (P), Parry DV –, Rate 1

Soak: 5L/8B (1L/1B feathered body)

Health Levels: -0/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-2/-2/-2/-2/-2/-4/Incap

Dodge DV: 5 (6 while flying freely)

Willpower: 8

Essence: 4

Essence Pool: 80

Other Notes: In its winged serpent or parrot form, a Couatl may fly at roughly 30 miles per hour (15 yards per tick). In its winged humanoid form, it can only fly with Landscape travel at 6 yards per tick or 16 yards per tick with a dash action.
Looks fine to me. I will allow it.

Trying to put it together properly. Suffering from "kid in candy shop" syndrome :(

Everything seems so nice and useful :)

So I'm trying to compartmentalize it and do it like this:

Choose a basic combat ability that fits with character concept. Take into account other players' choices to avoid doing the same - add some variety in combat situations.

Choose a basic defensive approach tied to the above combat choice or not.

Having dealt with aforementioned survivability issues (alas Creation is a dangerous place) move over to the abilities that consitute the character concept's core (ie Sorcery etc)

Invest in them, choose related charms etc

Figure out Virtues and Intimacies

Choose backgrounds, gear etc

Review the above and bring it all in line with the resources available

Sometimes it works, sometimes it takes me a bit more.

Hopefully I'll manage to wrap it up during the day.

More specifically, I like both Martial Arts and Sorcery as concepts worthy of pursuit for a character in Exalted, not only for what they allow him to do but even more so for the whole world of people, mysteries and paths of exploration that lay beneath them. I realize though that to invest in both of them might stress my focus and resources too much. Besides from what I've gathered from responses so far, Sorcery might be useful for the group's adventure (besides combat since Esbilon is also adept in combat related spells).

In addition to that we do have our fair share of Martial Art-ists in the group and perhaps for flavor and variety's sake, as well as to give each of us the chance to do things as uniquely as possible, it might be more prudent to choose another combat style. Archery and Melee is also covered, leaving Thrown absent so far. My only concern would be that Thrown is usually related to more "stealthy" characters, as an approach to combat, and given that this niche is covered nicely by our Lunar player I would not be inclined to tread a similar path. I guess that using Thrown might also fit with a Sorcerer's need to stay somewhat distanced from enemies, to better be able to manage a sorcerous intervention / cast a spell if need be without getting harassed in clse quarters.

Users who are viewing this thread