OOC Thread

Sherwood Sherwood cool!

Also, Lords of Creation specifies that no abilities can be bought past 3 without bonus points, but they nixed that rule for standard chargen in the errata, so I assume we can buy up to max. Otherwise, let me know and I'll fiddle things back.
We are using the Errata, so buying your abilities up to max starting out is fine. Thanks for asking, though!
I always assumed that you could carry around as many artifacts as you could carry and afford to Attune to. Your solution of rating x 2 doesn't seem unreasonable as such, but neither does it really square with the sheer abundance of artifacts assumed to existing in the First Age. In particular, it's less bang for our buck than Alchemicals get for Artifacts.
I did not see the page number you referenced before, so thank you for that. You do bring up a good point that the Alchies get a better Artifact rating than that, but I do want to limit the amounts of stuff you can get, since you would have had to gather up your various artifacts to put into storage. I will go ahead and give you the Rating x3 level of stuff.
And a couple of custom Charms

Speeding Falcon Action
Cost:
2m (3m)
Mins: Awareness 2, Essence 2
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Any Awareness Excellency

The Lawgiver need not think to act. After invoking this Charm, the Solar adds (Essence) automatic successes to his Join Battle roll.

The Solar Exalted show their prowess in all arenas. A Lawgiver with Essence 3 or more may reflexively spend one additional mote to apply the benefit of this Charm to a Join War or Join Debate roll.

Glorious Totemic Leadership
Cost:
10m, 1w
Mins: War 5, Essence 4
Type: Simple
Keywords: Combo-Basic, Obvious, War
Duration: One Scene
Prerequisite Charms: Any War Excellency, Heroism-Encouraging Presence

The solar's anima banner flares to its full totemic glory and spreads to encompass the unit she is leading. The totem lends its strength to the unit and the members of the unit emulate the unity it symbolizes.

For the duration of the charm, the unit counts as having (Essence x 2) additional Relays gains a bonus to its Might rating of (Essence/2) round up.

Celestial Tiger Edification
Cost
: -
Mins: War 5, Essence 5
Type: Permanent
Keywords: Obvious, Training
Duration: One Week
Prerequisite Charms: Legendary Warrior Curriculum

The Solar’s Tiger Warrior Training Technique is permanently enhanced by her greater enlightenment. The Solar may now use her instruction to enlighten mortals, granting them the enlightened essence blight (see The Compass of Celestial Directions, Vol. II—The Wyld, p. 148). She also abolishes the 7-dot training cap on willpower and the 4-dot training cap on other traits from Tiger Warrior Training Technique and Legendary Warrior Curriculum; only the age and Essence of her students limits their potential to absorb knowledge at the Solar’s feet. She may also use Tiger Warrior Training Technique to initiate students into the root of the Perfected Lotus and knowledge of martial arts charms, assuming her students are capable of using such magic.
I have always hated trying to rate custom Charms, but in this setting I will go ahead and give it the thumbs up.

A quick look over the first draft of your sheet shows no problems. Looks good. Let me know when you have a finished product and I'll review it more closely.

So, I'll have to move some dots around on my Backgrounds again to show the Rating x3 level of goodies. Thanks Sherwood, and thanks Esbilon for bringing it up!

Hmm...maybe Ash invented guns (and will be offended to find out Creation forgot all about them)? I can see other First Age Exalts being unimpressed* by her discovery--

"Hey, guys! I figured out how to create a device with a trigger mechanism that ignites a small explosive charge, propelling a piece of soft metal into a target!"

"..."

--since mortals already have access to superior weapons which still can't equal what one Exalt can do with his bare hands...but in the Second Age, guns and black powder could have a much more significant impact.

*Well, until she created the prayer piece, that is.

Hmm...can I justify having a factory-cathedral, or would it have collapsed from Power Failure long ago?

You were approached some time before you went into stasis to give you time to prepare and gather supplies, so you could have spent some of that time putting your Factory Cathedral into a controlled shutdown. It will need some work to bring it back up to full working order, along with a trained crew of operators, but you can do it.

A question for the future. There is a Charm in DotFA called Purging the Tarnished Silver on pg 70. It is an expansion to Halting the Scarlet Flow and lets the character heal Aggravated damage. Would that Charm qualify for the Hardy Keyword list? I personally think it should, but I'm not the Storyteller, and I want to make sure it will be on the list before planning on it for sure.

I concur that it should qualify for the free Ox-Body Technique as a Hardy Keyword Charm. I'll add it to the list.

Thank you. It will be some time before I can afford it, but I wanted to know before planning on it.

Remember that you can only benefit from the Hardy keyword a number of times equal to your Essence rating.

You were approached some time before you went into stasis to give you time to prepare and gather supplies, so you could have spent some of that time putting your Factory Cathedral into a controlled shutdown. It will need some work to bring it back up to full working order, along with a trained crew of operators, but you can do it.

I have this notion for a factory cathedral that's a Geomantic Nexus, and to bring it up to full power (JARVIS-like AI directing everything, four-armed automatons chanting hymns to the Unconquered Sun as they hammer, mountaintop unfolding like a flower to reveal the manse itself turning to greet the Sun like an enormous golden poppy) requires that four lesser manses be found and activated, which will involve a lot of questing... :angel3:

I have this notion for a factory cathedral that's a Geomantic Nexus, and to bring it up to full power (JARVIS-like AI directing everything, four-armed automatons chanting hymns to the Unconquered Sun as they hammer, mountaintop unfolding like a flower to reveal the manse itself turning to greet the Sun like an enormous golden poppy) requires that four lesser manses be found and activated, which will involve a lot of questing... :angel3:
I can work with that. Don't worry, there is absolutely no way that this will possibly go wrong.

I havent had much time to work on Justinian, but he's getting close. I did change some stuff about his concept and playstyle, since I just didnt find his original one all that interesting after I built it.

I havent had much time to work on Justinian, but he's getting close. I did change some stuff about his concept and playstyle, since I just didnt find his original one all that interesting after I built it.
You seem to have started at Essence 5, rather than 4.

I added a little BP Tracker at the bottom of the character sheet to note all my BP purchases, and it should note that I spent 14 to get to Essence 6, then another 7 to get to Essence 7. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, or got my math wrong and spent too much BP, but I think its all fine.

Esbilon Esbilon

I added a little BP Tracker at the bottom of the character sheet to note all my BP purchases, and it should note that I spent 14 to get to Essence 6, then another 7 to get to Essence 7. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, or got my math wrong and spent too much BP, but I think its all fine.

Esbilon Esbilon
Indeed. You implicitly assumed that you had Essence 5 without spending points, but you only have 4, so 14 points only gets you Ess 6.

Indeed. If you spend 0, you start at Ess 4, 7 nets you Ess 5, 14 BP Ess 6, and you need to spend 21 points to have Essence 7.

BP Tracker
Start: 35
Essence 5: -7(28) <--
Essence 6: -7(21) <--
Conviction 3: -3 (18)
Willpower 9: -4(14)
Beacon of Power: +4(18)
Essence 7: -7(11) <--
Manipulation 6: -4(7)
Charisma 6: -4(3)
Larceny 6: -3(0)
Attribute Reset: +8(8)