OOC Thread

Hurrah! And Tinker Quest has been successfully moved to the new system.

Also, I was surprised at how much I missed reading Tinker Quest while RPN was down. So, uh, kudos to you Silvertongued for getting me invested in the story :3

That last bit with Jeweller was super sweet? So lovely :3 It kinda reminded me of some of the earlier times with Skitter hanging out with the Undersiders, that sort of vibe. Very cool :3

Also, um!! Lamladaz's RP will influencing here? That's so cool! I'm intriguied by how that'll work (I assume, mostly, their wider worlds will influence each other, as opposed to their personal worlds. Uh, macro worlds will be influence rather than micro worlds. That totally made sense.)

Anyway, much excite!!!

Oh hey yeah, @Anomaly @Riuma -

Should we collectively figure out a dog name here? Or just first person to come up with a good sounding dog name in the voting?

We need a gender first.

Male: Maverick

Female: Aspen

Maria's been calling the dog 'she' in thread? Though technically that wouldn't tell us her gender. But more importantly she's a dog, since when did animals have gendered names? :P  Except for animals with human names, I was pretty sure animal names were unisex.

On that note, my vote is for a 'dog' name like... Hm I should flick through Bitch's dogs. A name like 'Spot' or 'Patches' or 'Snowball' or something. Or something in Spanish. What are some Spanish dog names?

So anyway.

I like the idea of a typical dog name. Maybe Rusty? If it's brown-red? My Mum suggested Musty, short for 'Mustafa' which is kinda nice. And I still like the idea of, like, the most common Spanish dog name :P

If Maria has watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, then I'm all for this. It's both naming it after a kickarse protagonist and it's a pun on how buff the dog will be :P

Exactly. I vote Maria has watched the show. What about you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not discover Buffy until I was about 19 and I hadn't watched until... basically this year, I'm pretty sure? Though I did know the name before all that.

Hence why I defaulted to asking the GM :P  I am Buffy Georg and should not be counted.

Also heck yeah the dog is being called Buffy. Both a badarse heritage and a pun FTW.

Man, I still don't get alerts for the OOC. That's weird as hell.

But yeah, doggo has been christened "Buffy". May [insert deity of your choice] have mercy on your [insert metaphysical embodiment of the self].

I'm trying to think of "and now how would Maria act?" and, of course, I'm reminded of funerals I've been to. Thankfully never one of someone in my immediate family but... funerals are not fun. This is all very sobering but a little cathartic, too. «bittersweet smile»

I'm just gonna say this, is that if an option goes past and it doesn't go your way, please don't try and repeat it in the next post. It just makes trying to integrate the next deadlocked vote difficult for me, and I feel like I can't please everyone, and that I may be forced to rewind the plot.

!!! Hey @Riuma, how did you directly quote from another thread? I have not been able to copy&paste quotes.

This plus: http://prntscr.com/caxo0r 

Then just go to another page and click this: http://prntscr.com/caxo4c

EDIT: Okay, lightshot sucks right now. Click the plus to the left of the Quote button. Go to the page you want to quote it on. In the bottom right corner there is a button reading "Quote x post(s)". Click it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This plus: http://prntscr.com/caxo0r 

Then just go to another page and click this: http://prntscr.com/caxo4c

EDIT: Okay, lightshot sucks right now. Click the plus to the left of the Quote button. Go to the page you want to quote it on. In the bottom right corner there is a button reading "Quote x post(s)". Click it.

Ah right. See I was trying to dothat, but to get the pop-up to show up on a new page, you have to refresh the page. Oh cool I'm glad that does actually work.

Users who are viewing this thread