• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic OOC Thread For The Corrupted

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I was going to give a brief background but I decided against it. I want Chaos to be this loner. A nobody. Noone knows who he is or where is came from. He’ll tell those he trusts. Is that a good plot to follow or should I just tell it now?
You should at least tell a little bit, maybe send the full thing to the GM and make sure he/she okays it. Be as vague as possible with us :D although just because us RPers know the dealio about our characters doesn't mean our characters know about each other.

I agree!

Should we consider pre-existing relationships or knowledge of one another? This question is directed toward everyone.

It seems that the community would be rather small after so much time trapped inside the walls. In such a situation the majority of people up and die. If I'm wrong then Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar please step in and tell me to stfu lol, but I'd assume that many people know of each other by reputation because there aren't many people alive and it's been seven years.

In that same vein, how many people are alive in the city? And how exactly do they live, are there subway tunnels? Or do they inhabit things like basements/not fully destroyed buildings.

Jet Jet Anaxileah Anaxileah
I agree with Jet, for the most part, however some Corrupted-Survivor relationships from before might be interesting to see.

Not many, though the exact number remains unknown. Perhaps around 25-50.

Last edited:
Jet Jet Anaxileah Anaxileah
I agree with Jet, for the most part, however some Corrupted-Survivor relationships from before might be interesting to see.

Not many, though the exact number remains unknown. Perhaps around 25.
Okay c: and are you going to verbally state that our characters are accepted or give them hearts or cookies to indicate as such?

Anaxileah Anaxileah
Mainly I'll use hearts/cookies, so I don't send notifications to people in the thread not related to them. I will likely only mention your character in an actual message if your character is not accepted into the roleplay.

Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar

Hello! I'm interested in joining. Is this still available?

If it is, might I suggest a few things/ask a few questions?
  • A psychological disease that relies on a viral infection (like the one I think you're describing) is possible (there's a lot of current research on this with Alzheimer's and Schizophrenia) but they usually start with physical symptoms. Your body fighting off most infections will look the same (depending on where you get the infection). Fever, flu-like symptoms, nausea, vomiting, etc. Point being, there are physical symptoms with the initial infection.
  • Diseases are spread through A LOT of means. Bites, fluids (and some are only specific kinds of fluids), airborne, waterborne, foodborne, the list goes on. Diseases can also mutate, hence why they become difficult to treat. They also ALL have different strains with differing strengths and symptoms (there's a consensus on both, but one strain of flu could kill you and one strain will be a 24 hour thing).
  • Many infections become chronic diseases. For example, HIV is an infection that can last for up to a decade before it "develops" into AIDS, which is the chronic disease.
  • So my questions:
    • How is it spread?
    • Does it lead to chronic disease (looks like yes from what you're describing) and if so what differentiates the two?
    • What direction are you hoping to take this RP? Are we looking at curing the disease or surviving or something else?
I really would love to join. Disease is kinda my thing (studying it in college) :)

• A psychological disease that relies on a viral infection (like the one I think you're describing) is possible (there's a lot of current research on this with Alzheimer's and Schizophrenia) but they usually start with physical symptoms. Your body fighting off most infections will look the same (depending on where you get the infection). Fever, flu-like symptoms, nausea, vomiting, etc. Point being, there are physical symptoms with the initial infection.
  • Diseases are spread through A LOT of means. Bites, fluids (and some are only specific kinds of fluids), airborne, waterborne, foodborne, the list goes on. Diseases can also mutate, hence why they become difficult to treat. They also ALL have different strains with differing strengths and symptoms (there's a consensus on both, but one strain of flu could kill you and one strain will be a 24 hour thing).
  • Many infections become chronic diseases. For example, HIV is an infection that can last for up to a decade before it "develops" into AIDS, which is the chronic disease.
  • So my questions:
    • How is it spread?
    • Does it lead to chronic disease (looks like yes from what you're describing) and if so what differentiates the two?
    • What direction are you hoping to take this RP? Are we looking at curing the disease or surviving or something else?
I really would love to join. Disease is kinda my thing (studying it in college) :)
Yes, indeed it is, and of course you may :)

There are some physical symptoms, but they are limited and don't suggest a serious infection. I'm not sure what your point is about the other two, so I'm not entirely sure how to answer XD

As for your questions:
(1) Mostly through food, water, and physical contact with those who have been infected.
(2) Yes, it does. As for your question, I really haven't thought about that, lol.
(3) In the beginning, it will mostly focus on the survival of the characters. However, an eventual cure would be an interesting addition to the plot.

Awesome, we would love to have you :)

• So my questions:
    • How is it spread?
You're amazing and I've been thinking about all the stuff you mentioned xD

Yatasal Yatasal I just looked over your character, and I definitely think mine will see a bit of herself in yours. She'll definitely feel a connection ^^

Yatasal Yatasal all the points you raise are really interesting, I’m excited that you’re joining the role play. It always makes things 10x more engaging when you have someone who is studying one of the main aspects of a story, one of the things that always bugs me (although I don’t have the knowledge myself to correct it) is scientific inaccuracies in fiction. Also, I like that you used loish for your character ref

Anaxileah Anaxileah Hey! I had an old profile, Vespertide, and I remember RPing with you. Although not what we RPed about... Glad to meet up with you again!

feverdream feverdream Haha thanks. I don't actually know the character Loish, but I loved the concept art. Hopefully I'll get to use this disease knowledge I've been building up :)

Anaxileah Anaxileah Hey! I had an old profile, Vespertide, and I remember RPing with you. Although not what we RPed about... Glad to meet up with you again!

feverdream feverdream Haha thanks. I don't actually know the character Loish, but I loved the concept art. Hopefully I'll get to use this disease knowledge I've been building up :)
Oh yeah! I have no idea what we RPed...but I remember you! I look forward to RPing with you again <3

I found it. Welcome to Undergrove, by you, one of the VERY first RPs I ever joined (I just sifted through four years' worth of RPing, fucking kill me).
Screenshot (117).png

Anaxileah Anaxileah Your patience is alarming . . . .
I don't think of it as patience, really. I have mild OCD, but once I get an inkling of remembering something, I have to find it. Whether I'm using Google, sifting through the past, or just wracking my brain to recognize what movie a quote is from or where I'd met someone before. xD I'm also a lunatic, so there's that.

Also, Casmir (can I call you Cas?), I have homework due today and work all day tomorrow, plus a clinic visit, but I will try to squeeze in a reply sometime soon.

I don't think of it as patience, really. I have mild OCD, but once I get an inkling of remembering something, I have to find it. Whether I'm using Google, sifting through the past, or just wracking my brain to recognize what movie a quote is from or where I'd met someone before. xD I'm also a lunatic, so there's that.
Well, I do the same thing with song lyrics and books I've read. Once I have the faintest memory of part of it, I'm going to spend the next few hours searching for it xD

Oh, no problem, take your time. And yeah, you can call me Cas ;)

Well, I do the same thing with song lyrics and books I've read. Once I have the faintest memory of part of it, I'm going to spend the next few hours searching for it xD

Oh, no problem, take your time. And yeah, you can call me Cas ;)
Same :D xD

Thanks, Cas :3

Hey y'all anyone want to be in the same room/same situation with my character? Wanting to do an intro post by interacting with someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back