• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom OOC thread for QHH

How many days until a user becomes inactive?

• 5 days

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 7 days

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 9 days

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • 11 days

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Made a very minor edit to the CS for the character I put up, specifically in the backstory section because apparently I'm too tired to remember to edit in less than ten words in a single sentence right now.

CapRock CapRock
Dumb question, but does my character's quirk seem reasonable to you or is it a bit too OP?
it's hard to tell without some sort of gauge or number. How long can she make the effect last? Can the affected opponent still move or fight while its active, or do they just fall flat on the ground? Perhaps it could be dependant on her opponent's own strength, being almost an instant KO to physically weak characters but a manageable limitation for strong fighters.
As far as the actual mechanic, I think it is very balanced since she still has to reach said person. Kinda reminds me of Uraraka in that regard.
Also, will we get to hear about her backstory sometime? I'm pretty interested in how she lost her arm, I've got to say.

Hey, I know this RP is pretty busy (and I can't guarantee I'm online a lot at the moment) so do not worry I'm not asking to join... instead I'm asking about the NPC form. As in, what/who specifically is it for? To create characters and kick em out into the wide world of this RP for anyone to control when needed?
I do like making characters/worlds apparently, so that got my interest.

I guess I'm asking: would it help if I created some teachers and/or (minor?) villains? Or would people prefer to make their own ones to interact with?

Blemmigan Blemmigan Yes, it would be of great help. I designed the NPC rulings with people like you in mind, so knock yourself out! A Teacher, staff member, henchman and even a student are all welcome additions to the NPC list.

Blemmigan Blemmigan Yes, it would be of great help. I designed the NPC rulings with people like you in mind, so knock yourself out! A Teacher, staff member, henchman and even a student are all welcome additions to the NPC list.

Well, I've assembled three (four) for now. Two teachers and a couple of villains, though they could be students/henchmen too. So it depends if you want to use/edit any of them :v
Modified the form a bit to focus more on how they'd interact with the main characters, but can add some if you like. The two dumb villains are basically who I'd use if I was bothering to RP (well, one of them anyway). Daft villains are great. Approval for anyone playing as a villain.

Hopefully the post/images work fine... haven't posted anything like this since the site changes. Ah well.

Last edited:
After thinking about it, I changed Abel's weight limit for Anima from 90 lb --> 400 lb. Hope that's okay!

I hope nobody minds me saying this, but Farstar Farstar character's quirk is a bit too OP.
I changed it so he can only conjure an ability every 10 minutes and only can store enough energy for roughly two powers a time depending on the strength of the power.

I changed it so he can only conjure an ability every 10 minutes and only can store enough energy for roughly two powers a time depending on the strength of the power.
I mean, you don't really have to change anything. It's not my rp after all.

Platypus Platypus Farstar Farstar If I may say a word about this matter, I'd like to state that how you use your quirks in the actual story is way more important than the description. Please do keep in mind that you are all very early in your careers as heroes, so you'll probably shouldn't be able to manage the most complex aspects of your powers yet. But that's ok, since you should have plenty of time to grow into your idealized use of the quirk.
Also remember that it probably wouldn't be very nice if a quirk that does XYZ also is better at X than a quirk that can ONLY do X. For example, if Leo could shoot lightning stronger than Kaminari's, then the latter's quirk would be objectively worse, and that's something I'd like to avoid.

I mean, you don't really have to change anything. It's not my rp after all.
Nah its fine I just am here to have fun not make an OP character and abuse it.
Platypus Platypus Farstar Farstar If I may say a word about this matter, I'd like to state that how you use your quirks in the actual story is way more important than the description. Please do keep in mind that you are all very early in your careers as heroes, so you'll probably shouldn't be able to manage the most complex aspects of your powers yet. But that's ok, since you should have plenty of time to grow into your idealized use of the quirk.
Also remember that it probably wouldn't be very nice if a quirk that does XYZ also is better at X than a quirk that can ONLY do X. For example, if Leo could shoot lightning stronger than Kaminari's, then the latter's quirk would be objectively worse, and that's something I'd like to avoid.
Yeah, that makes sense. Leo still can't use his power very well and it takes a lot out of him to conjure a power.

Bornlucky Bornlucky I don't see a problem since you haven't shown up in the story yet.
Platypus Platypus you know, a few hours after posting the first chapter, I realized that the final rule was a bit harsh on your Zhuang and I was considering a proposal to turn a blind eye for your quirk, but your quick thinking was pretty awesome! I see you guys shouldn't have any trouble with the Spartan level of testing I intend to put you through.

Bornlucky Bornlucky Uh... I'm not sure WHY you've changed it, but hey, all the power to you bro.
I can already see all the trap shenanigans he'll start... I have to admit I'm glad that I'm playing the villain right now.

Bornlucky Bornlucky Uh... I'm not sure WHY you've changed it, but hey, all the power to you bro.
I can already see all the trap shenanigans he'll start... I have to admit I'm glad that I'm playing the villain right now.
His name was always meant to be Zentaro. Micah was his WIP name when he had a different quirk and history~

LOL yeah I'm an agent of chaos after all!

I will start working on my post right away!

CapRock CapRock Regarding the NPCs, is it okay to have one that is not a staff? I plan to bring in my character's parents in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back