• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern OOC: Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls [Reboot!]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Now just to give the others time to get sheets put togeather!

Also we so far have a nice split for the dorms. 4 boys, 3 girls , and 1 nonbinary.

on that note I think you are going to be the last person I let join for now at least to many people gets crazy and I don't want crazy right now lol

your character looks fine Edric Blight Edric Blight
Got it.

And perfect. I was a little nervous because I'm definitely new to making characters and character sheets. Thanks!

Yeah lol better than last time when it was nothing but boys forever.

nothing to be worried about as long as you put time into your character and meet the minimums you are probably going to be fine with me anyways Im pretty relaxed about stuff

Yea I'll try to do my best. This will be my first group RP tho, so bear with me if I make any rookie mistakes or aren't as skilled as some of the other players.

And no need to worry about making your stuff look fancy or whatever. We do thst because we find it fun and we want to spend tbe time ti make our sheets look cool.

Nor worry about skill too much. Just have fun with your character, give others something to reply to, be realistic with them. If its a group scene, give people time to react.
And again just have fun with writing them.

And no need to worry about making your stuff look fancy or whatever. We do thst because we find it fun and we want to spend tbe time ti make our sheets look cool.

Nor worry about skill too much. Just have fun with your character, give others something to reply to, be realistic with them. If its a group scene, give people time to react.
And again just have fun with writing them.
Yea, and thanks for welcoming me. And of course. I will never pull boring one liners, I love engaging with fellow players and giving them something to work with. No one likes a stale player, and that is something I hope not to be.

Yea, and thanks for welcoming me. And of course. I will never pull boring one liners, I love engaging with fellow players and giving them something to work with. No one likes a stale player, and that is something I hope not to be.
Perfect. Good to have you aboard!

Also apologies in advance, Felix is totally goimg to interupt Jacks solo-shooting practice at some point. :P

Well i think everyone has a character up so i think we can get started!

I have a partial day at work then physical therapy. But i should be able to get the first posts up at some point so keep your eyes out.

Okay i got a narrative post up. I don’t have time right now to get a post up for my characters but others can feel free to get their first post us as they wish and ill get mine up latter today

With that in mind, and sheets in then. I have quickly thrown something together for everyone.

HEIGHT COMPARISON CHART:
-Sadly the tool only has Male or Female models, for the more androgynous or non-binary cast members I simply defaulted to whatever pronouns the character had listed.
-For characters without a height listed so far, I have approximated them using average height by nationality and growth charts by age.
-Characters are roughly ordered Left to Right by age, (12, 13, 14, ect) though as Birthdays are not necessarily listed those have not been taken into account.

1644750915219.png

I think this is just a neat little visualiser, making it easier to see 'roughly' the perspective and viewpoint for each character.
If anybody wants anything changed, we get more kids, or you dont want your character on the chart let me know and I will edit as needed. :D

Last edited:
Also sorry if my first post was super long, just pre-establishing stuff.
Felix will arrive at the home soon, but I wanted to give everyone a chance to post first before the 'new kid' arrived.

I love the heart comparison chart!! I didn't expect Dez to be one of the tallest but it makes sense given age disparities and all that!! Thank you for putting it together :D

I was actually not getting notifications for the OOC which sucks, but I'm all caught up now!!

I love the heart comparison chart!! I didn't expect Dez to be one of the tallest but it makes sense given age disparities and all that!! Thank you for putting it together :D

I was actually not getting notifications for the OOC which sucks, but I'm all caught up now!!
Yeah all the boys are either quite a bit younger, or are just very short for their ages (looks at Asher, look down more at Felix).
Ev is tallest which I did somewhat intend, but its close.

Edit: For a 12 Year old UK or American boy average is ~4ft 10 (148cm), for a 14 year old like Asher ~5ft 2-3ish (160cm) though these are very rough averages. Obviously people vary a lot, IRL I am def shorter than average.

With that in mind, and sheets in then. I have quickly thrown something together for everyone.

HEIGHT COMPARISON CHART:
-Sadly the tool only has Male or Female models, for the more androgynous or non-binary cast members I simply defaulted to whatever pronouns the character had listed.
-For characters without a height listed so far, I have approximated them using average height by nationality and growth charts by age.
-Characters are roughly ordered Left to Right by age, (12, 13, 14, ect) though as Birthdays are not necessarily listed those have not been taken into account.

View attachment 957762

I think this is just a neat little visualiser, making it easier to see 'roughly' the perspective and viewpoint for each character.
If anybody wants anything changed, we get more kids, or you dont want your character on the chart let me know and I will edit as needed. :D
Oh my God I love this. Happy with how this turned out this is really interesting and gives you a good perspective on the characters' heights.

Oh my God I love this. Happy with how this turned out this is really interesting and gives you a good perspective on the characters' heights.
I'm glad you like it. I find it really helps me get into my characters mindset, being able to imagine how the characters would interact with eachother and the world.
Am I looking someone in the eye, looking up at them, ect.

I'm glad you like it. I find it really helps me get into my characters mindset, being able to imagine how the characters would interact with eachother and the world.
Am I looking someone in the eye, looking up at them, ect.
Exactly, I'm glad you made this. Plus I should have specified JAck's height, but this is like exactly how I kind of imagined it up! Good work here lol

Exactly, I'm glad you made this. Plus I should have specified JAck's height, but this is like exactly how I kind of imagined it up! Good work here lol
Not everyone likes specifying heights, or are unsure how tall someone of X age should be. So its cool, you gave me a basic descriptor which was enough. 👍 If you later decide on a particular height and want it updated just let me know.

Not everyone likes specifying heights, or are unsure how tall someone of X age should be. So its cool, you gave me a basic descriptor which was enough. 👍 If you later decide on a particular height and want it updated just let me know.
Thanks Dawnstar Dawnstar ! Yea, honestly this height you chose for Jack looks perfect. Plus, I love the color orange, just a side note lol

Oh also bright no need to worry about the length of your post lol long posts are good
Also I know you don't mind! That was more I just worry I might scare someone with a long post, into feeling guilty about doing a short one.
I don't want to make people feel pressured to match a super-long opening post just because I did. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back