• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic [OOC] SAIL THE STARS : SPECKS AND SPELLS Living Quarters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

RandomBlobMan

That was a misclick I swear
Welcome to the OOC, we got fun and games

co-gm's: Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Verena Verena

*General
-Respect the Co-gm's.
-Respect your fellow players, you are not the only hero of the story.
-I'm looking for up to around 10 players maximum, as I don't find myself effective around too big groups.
-Required post lengths will be a paragraph or two minimum, at least once a week would be fine. Let me or any co gm's know if you can't post.
-The rp will have an ooc discord if everyone agrees.
-World Lore won't be solid, but rather open for additions-you can introduce new alien species, megacorps, etc. Only some bits of the lore will be provided by the gm's.
-You can have up to two characters active at once.
-Combat will not use a specific dice system, but rather a semi turn based order where the players state their actions and I post out the results.

*Communication
-Let's keep conversation related to real life/politics to a minimum, unless it is a related subject(i.e. astronomy and the such related to the sci-fi details for this universe).
-If you are to make a suggestion to the GM, use formal language. Approach with any sarcastic/offensive tone will be declined and regarded as a disrespect for the GM.
-Please tone down on the talk about extreme subjects such as gore, torture. If a player asks you to stop, stop. I will not give many verbal warnings related to this behavior.

*Characters and Lore
-DO NOT EDIT YOUR CHARACTER SHEET AND/OR LORE ENTRY WITHOUT GM PERMISSION.
-Proper Sendoff: If a player leaves the rp for whatever reason, their character will be retconned out of the crew for the time being(and will be able to join back if the player is to return later). Please, do not attempt to give the character a terrible sendoff(there was an attempt before-trying to dismantle an android char of a player who left- and it was denied). Please. Don't.
-If a player is kicked out of the rp(i.e. foul language) their lore entries and character sheets will be deleted. Their character will be retconned out. Should you have an objection to my decision of kicking out a player, please PM me about it. The Proper Sendoff rule applies for their character too. They will be retconned out, not dismantled for free upgrade.
-If the reference image for your character(or lore entry, or anything in general) includes a symbol that may be regarded as offensive(such as the nazi symbol) or anything that resembles such thing, your character sheet will not be accepted and you will be kicked out of the rp. You will be given a chance to defend yourself, but changing the reference picture will not clear your name.
-Any detail not aforementioned in the cs and/or discussed with the gm's will be either denied, or applied with an additional penalty. Please be sure to discuss with the gm's beforehand.

RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan
Personal experience tells me that whenever OOCs go over to Discord, it winds up being just a bunch of useless chatter having nothing to do with the RP. And eventually just devolves to a bunch of memery. I attribute it to most people accessing Discord from their phones, and thus giving their interactions a more fleeting attention than actual RP discussion requires. Essentially it turns into a vapid chat group. But that's just my experience.

but the meme talk is exactly why I want the discord ooc, we must contain the memes or else they will try to be everywhere

but the meme talk is exactly why I want the discord ooc, we must contain the memes or else they will try to be everywhere
I mean, you do you. But I will likely not be too chatty in the OOC unless specifically tagged for actual plotting.

Hey guys, I've decided I'll revive Karah again, however, I'd like to know if it's okay for me to do a few things before I post a CS.

[/beginrant]
Okay, so, I recently got the Dishonored RPG rulebook (about a year and a half ago) and since I'm pretty much the first and, most probably, the ONLY person in town who owns it, I've been DMing for my friends but I haven't really gotten the chance to actually play, since they're still learning the rules. You probably understand where I'm going with this.
[/endrant]

My idea is to include a few spells/powers from that game here. The rules on how to use them are written exactly for a theatre of the mind kind of game, which is what we're mostly doing here, so I figure they can fit the bill.

Is it possible for Karah to have been visited in her cryosleep by a "higher being" (Totally-Not-The-Outsider-Of-Course) and been given access to such powers by it? I can, of course, think up a new way for her to have learned/received her magic if this doesn't work for the RP.

Hey guys, I've decided I'll revive Karah again, however, I'd like to know if it's okay for me to do a few things before I post a CS.

[/beginrant]
Okay, so, I recently got the Dishonored RPG rulebook (about a year and a half ago) and since I'm pretty much the first and, most probably, the ONLY person in town who owns it, I've been DMing for my friends but I haven't really gotten the chance to actually play, since they're still learning the rules. You probably understand where I'm going with this.
[/endrant]

My idea is to include a few spells/powers from that game here. The rules on how to use them are written exactly for a theatre of the mind kind of game, which is what we're mostly doing here, so I figure they can fit the bill.

Is it possible for Karah to have been visited in her cryosleep by a "higher being" (Totally-Not-The-Outsider-Of-Course) and been given access to such powers by it? I can, of course, think up a new way for her to have learned/received her magic if this doesn't work for the RP.
I'm not really gonna approve on a deity-like existence, but you could say it was an extremely strong psychic or something like that.

Right, so no god-like beings, perhaps a concerned citizen of an advanced civilization? I already have a plot point in mind as to why such a creature would help Karah access such powers. It could be a trade. Powers for assistance in overcoming a threat to that civilization?

I also spoke with Verena about the spells themselves, would you like for me to post them on here so you guys can approve/disapprove them?

So, brief idea I have is that my character is a dinosaur, cloned and modified genetically for some reason, but with a mistake had gained sapient intelligent like human and show no sign of primal instinct of wild beast. He is a species called Alioramus altai, a small Tyrannosaur btw.

alioramus_altai_skeletal_reconstruction__by_randomdinos_dcwmucr-fullview.jpg

Then he got translator implanted on him so he can speak his mind. He was given a mechanical arms (can be taken off) on his shoulders with 2 control sticks he could manipulate using his tiny arms. Then given human's education. Something like that.

Wherever the humans are I guess, since he is pretty much human's protege and can be allied into their faction.

Was he maybe bio-engineered like scientists plan to do with chickens? (reversing chicken evolution back into velociraptors)

Possible, but I do like the Jurassic Park route where they uncovered gene from amber. Eventhough it’s technically impossible in real life, maybe it would be different in this universe.

Ok, feel free to create your CS in the corresponding tab. It will be evaluated by the other two GMs additionally.

Trying to descide on my character. Initial idea is a mix of witch/medic, using alchemical magic and "modern" medicine. Maybe the last of a race/civilization long long gone, using her magic to appear young but is hundreds of years old.

Okies, so after reading all the lore Y'all have down, I don't see anything that contradicts the info I have down in the CS I dropped yesterday. I mean, I did my best to write Kaj'a to be self-contained and not really rely on outside lore factors. But lemme know if you think otherwise. Verena Verena RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Okies, so after reading all the lore Y'all have down, I don't see anything that contradicts the info I have down in the CS I dropped yesterday. I mean, I did my best to write Kaj'a to be self-contained and not really rely on outside lore factors. But lemme know if you think otherwise. Verena Verena RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
I'd prefer if you organize the equipment section to it fits the bare bone's classification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back