• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic [OOC] Sail the Stars : Living Quarters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Eh, it was my fault anyways. But I'd appreciate a more organized chat when a chat in need of some organization is in progress.

Found it.
from biggest to smallest:
Aircraft carrier
Helicopter carrier
battleship
battlecruiser
heavy cruiser
light cruiser
destroyer
frigate
corvette
patrol boat
fast attack craft

.........so the pirate ship would be more a patrol boat class.
I believe battleships are larger than helicopter carriers, the Iowa class had almost double the displacement of chopper carriers like HMS Ocean or JMSDF Izumo

So I'm thinking what Szralkyr is armed with is considered "light" by vrexul standards. Their actual dedicated frontline infantry might have three or so more weapons and that's not even counting the ones that are "encoded" or otherwise hidden in their bodies and armour. They function more like living weapon platforms than conventional soldiers in many cases.

Can we get a concept picture of these vrexul? Cuz so far it sounds like we’re getting space mantis/space spider on board

Can we get a concept picture of these vrexul? Cuz so far it sounds like we’re getting space mantis/space spider on board

Never been able to find a decent picture tbh. I'd say they're somewhere between 40K's Chaos Obliterators and possessed space marines placed into an arthropod structural framework (a la Metroid Space Pirates) and given bits of the following:

way_of_vengeance_by_kimplate-dak39kv.png

fight___by_darkpalette-d7wjx22.jpg

1_by_kimplate-d79401h.png
(SCORPION ROBOT) legion_collector_by_chuckwalton-da0nkvw.jpg
Exoskeleton. by Duster132.jpg

Eh, it was my fault anyways. But I'd appreciate a more organized chat when a chat in need of some organization is in progress.
You can say that again. I won't be scrolling through pages and pages of OOC spam that is mostly irrelevant to the IC anymore. If someone needs me for something, just @ me.

Did I misunderstand somethung about he warship article of wikipedia?
The space pirates are on a small ship just enough to fit in five people. It's smaller than your ships.
Apparently modern cruisers are big ships.
Wtf.
What did I read.

Tip: If you mess up names, have it so the people in-universe messed up the name instead.

Nah, bad idea, lets call those PT boat (stands for Photon Torpedo Boat) that way everyone in and out of universe won’t mess it up

they got warheads larger than tsar bomba and in star trek they just shoot them out like they don’t cost money, how awesome is that

Are we allowed to suggest quest/storyline/mission ideas? Got a few that could work.

Also how shall I join now that the ship has already taken off?

Last edited:
Suggestions are nice, yes.
You can just say you were a part of a crew for the sake of convenience.
Or discuss with the players a bit for a different idea.

Suggestions are nice, yes.
You can just say you were a part of a crew for the sake of convenience.
Or discuss with the players a bit for a different idea.

I was thinking he could be picked up later - maybe they're informed they'll have someone joining them for the forthcoming mission.

Or he just sneaked on board because he is a sneaky bug.

As for suggestions, I think this could be fun. The crew is hired to disable "rogue ordnance" - experimental bioweapons created by some corporation from stolen vrexul archaeotech at an abandoned research facility. The thing is the actual vrexul are also there and these bioweapons are very, very predatory and clever.

Last edited:
I was thinking he could be picked up later - maybe they're informed they'll have someone joining them for the forthcoming mission.

Or he just sneaked on board because he is a sneaky bug.

As for suggestions, I think this could be fun. The crew hired to disable "rogue ordnance" - experimental bioweapons created by some corporation from stolen vrexul archaeotech at an abandoned research facility. The thing is the actual vrexul are also there and these bioweapons are very, very predatory and clever.
8'4 ft height and stealth don't really mix well. I think it would be best if he was already on the ship or arrived with the other newcomers. That way you won't have to wait until we reach our next destination where we can pick you up.

Gonna assume you've never seen
8'4 ft height and stealth don't really mix well. I think it would be best if he was already on the ship or arrived with the other newcomers. That way you won't have to wait until we reach our next destination where we can pick you up.

Gonna assume you're not familiar with certain 40K tyrannids or Alien Isolation :y

Or he could have been in a cargo container lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back