• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic [OOC] Sail the Stars : Living Quarters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
SpazTheButcher SpazTheButcher
Ah, wonderful. Snout would definitely buy Ray a drink if he saw him in the bar. Maybe play a couple of rounds of darts (or the space equivalent)? Snout's probably semi-decent at something like darts because, although he's a big dude, he's used to making precise movements and being careful during his labwork.
Or Laser Tag? more applicable than ever

SpazTheButcher SpazTheButcher
I can tell you that, if they're playing Laser Tag, Snout will lose. He's good up close, with elbows and horns and bulk. Or with thrown weapons. He does have his laser-protecting cloak though, so he'll have a little bit of extra defense.

Hey hey hey!
Does anyone want to establish a few character relationships before we start? Acquaintances, friends, strangers, sparring partners, drinking buddies, sports friends, karaoke duetists, dislikes or hatreds?

Would your fella perhaps like a robotic assistant? I was thinking of making my character a bioengineering android with an alien biology database, which seems to be within your character's line of work.

Would your fella perhaps like a robotic assistant? I was thinking of making my character a bioengineering android with an alien biology database, which seems to be within your character's line of work.
That sounds like a fun idea, certainly. Given GM said there'd be a lot of studying to do regarding learning about the biology of other races (and therefore, how chemicals/etc affect them differently) so certainly having access to a database via an android would be a very useful asset for him. I'd also definitely say Snout's not interacted with androids often so he'd probably say the wrong thing a few times without realising (I'm imagining something like, calling them an 'it' or a 'robot' as like a half-slur ya know, though that might just be my head rushing off to make worldbuilding).

That sounds like a fun idea, certainly. Given GM said there'd be a lot of studying to do regarding learning about the biology of other races (and therefore, how chemicals/etc affect them differently) so certainly having access to a database via an android would be a very useful asset for him. I'd also definitely say Snout's not interacted with androids often so he'd probably say the wrong thing a few times without realising (I'm imagining something like, calling them an 'it' or a 'robot' as like a half-slur ya know, though that might just be my head rushing off to make worldbuilding).

Oh? So how long would they have met each other? Or would you prefer to scrap the whole idea of a prior relationship and just have them meet each other now?

Idea Idea
I think them having some experience working together would be good so they have synergy, but I like the idea of Snout still messing a few things up when it comes to referring to your android! I'm thinking perhaps your android has assisted Snout in a few studies of various materials, as well as maybe even creating simulations. Would that be within your droid's capabilities?
Also, what will your droid do to 'relax'? I imagine it does something.

What kind of personality would your clanker have?

Stoic and oblivious, the type with very limited understanding of basic social stuff or really much outside of their direct fields of expertise. They could perform a surgery with their sensors closed or identify a species by a strand of hair, but if you tell them you want to "make it rain" they'll probably research rain dances and metereological phenomena for ya. As an android I imagine they are programmed with a pretty big need to help too, and they don't dwell too much on existencial stuff (but they may bring it up occasionally, entirely accidentally and without realizing it).

I'm also thinking they'll have a bit of a hint of a personal element though, particular I want them to care about this little personal garden they want where they breed all kind of genetically engineered plants.

Idea Idea
I think them having some experience working together would be good so they have synergy, but I like the idea of Snout still messing a few things up when it comes to referring to your android! I'm thinking perhaps your android has assisted Snout in a few studies of various materials, as well as maybe even creating simulations. Would that be within your droid's capabilities?
Also, what will your droid do to 'relax'? I imagine it does something.

Not sure about the capabilities came up with the character concept 20 mins ago more or less so still figuring out much of that. As for what they do to relax, I am thinking this:

I'm also thinking they'll have a bit of a hint of a personal element though, particular I want them to care about this little personal garden they want where they breed all kind of genetically engineered plants.

Idea Idea
Aw yeah! Snout would totally want to see the garden. He'd be very careful, though he is a clumsy boy when he's not in the delicate science headspace.

Idea Idea
Aw yeah! Snout would totally want to see the garden. He'd be very careful, though he is a clumsy boy when he's not in the delicate science headspace.

Do you think he is shy around women?

Also reading your backstory I'm a little confused about the current status of his parents?

Stoic and oblivious, the type with very limited understanding of basic social stuff or really much outside of their direct fields of expertise. They could perform a surgery with their sensors closed or identify a species by a strand of hair, but if you tell them you want to "make it rain" they'll probably research rain dances and metereological phenomena for ya. As an android I imagine they are programmed with a pretty big need to help too, and they don't dwell too much on existencial stuff (but they may bring it up occasionally, entirely accidentally and without realizing it).

Very dope. I may or not tease the thing, that depending on how poorly it responds to social situations. (Nickname Ideas so far: "Cyberdyne", "Skynet", and "HAL")

Idea Idea
Nah, I think the only thing that would confuse Snout or get him flustered socially is if someone was viciously flirting with him. He's good around women though, seeing as he worked with his younger sister so closely.

Status of his parents are that his father was MIA, only to be later found buried under snow not far from the site of an inter-clan battle (Snout's clan vs another clan). Snout took some crystals he'd developed to help with grief, and tripped out, seeing a strong hallucination of his father basically saying "hey, yer mam killed me because I tried to flee." Snout hasn't asked her about this, nor has it been confirmed or denied.
Snout's mother is still leading the clan back on Bestla XII.

Idea Idea
Nah, I think the only thing that would confuse Snout or get him flustered socially is if someone was viciously flirting with him. He's good around women though, seeing as he worked with his younger sister so closely.

Status of his parents are that his father was MIA, only to be later found buried under snow not far from the site of an inter-clan battle (Snout's clan vs another clan). Snout took some crystals he'd developed to help with grief, and tripped out, seeing a strong hallucination of his father basically saying "hey, yer mam killed me because I tried to flee." Snout hasn't asked her about this, nor has it been confirmed or denied.
Snout's mother is still leading the clan back on Bestla XII.

Hmmm.... does he have any other personal relationships left? Outside of player characters.

Idea Idea
He keeps in touch primarily with his younger sister Bollar, but also has good relationships with his 4 other siblings, and still retains a strong clan pride despite his mixed emotions about his mother. He does love his mother dearly though, but mostly would just tell Bollar to tell her that he's alright. Due to the work he did in the clan, he was closest with Bollar. He probably had some friends and acquaintances in the clan though but I'd have to think of them. He's a friendly boy.

Idea Idea
He keeps in touch primarily with his younger sister Bollar, but also has good relationships with his 4 other siblings, and still retains a strong clan pride despite his mixed emotions about his mother. He does love his mother dearly though, but mostly would just tell Bollar to tell her that he's alright. Due to the work he did in the clan, he was closest with Bollar. He probably had some friends and acquaintances in the clan though but I'd have to think of them. He's a friendly boy.

Alright, then I'll share where I was going with this: I was thinking someone (my first idea would have been his parents, but now I'm at the little sister did) sent your boy my character as a present or something. They've known each other, but not for that long.

Thoughts?

Idea Idea
That's a really sweet idea! I'm not sure Bollar could make something that complex, but maybe she adapted something that was available already? She adapted a lot of his weaponry and armour before he went off, so it would definitely be in her MO to adapt a droid before sending it on its merry way. Plus, Bestla XII isn't really that rich in materials, hence why the planet hasn't got interstellar craft of its own, so without lots of money she'd definitely not have the resources.

Maybe Bollar adapted an AI from the Clairvoyance Cataclysm corporation which 'produce' AI or something?

I'm also gonna add Snout's family relationships to his CS, for future reference if necessary.

Idea Idea
That's a really sweet idea! I'm not sure Bollar could make something that complex, but maybe she adapted something that was available already? She adapted a lot of his weaponry and armour before he went off, so it would definitely be in her MO to adapt a droid before sending it on its merry way. Plus, Bestla XII isn't really that rich in materials, hence why the planet hasn't got interstellar craft of its own, so without lots of money she'd definitely not have the resources.

Maybe Bollar adapted an AI from the Clairvoyance Cataclysm corporation which 'produce' AI or something?

I'm also gonna add Snout's family relationships to his CS, for future reference if necessary.

Rather than "made" I was thinking more "bought" or "found". I'm not sure about what I'll do for my character's exact origins yet after all.

Idea Idea
That certainly works for me. Bought, found, certainly adapted in some way, but that's of course up to you - this is a very exciting plan. Whatever you want to do with your droid, I'm sure we can find a way to make it relate to Snout.

Idea Idea
That certainly works for me. Bought, found, certainly adapted in some way, but that's of course up to you - this is a very exciting plan. Whatever you want to do with your droid, I'm sure we can find a way to make it relate to Snout.

Awesome!

Very dope. I may or not tease the thing, that depending on how poorly it responds to social situations. (Nickname Ideas so far: "Cyberdyne", "Skynet", and "HAL")

The teasing would be very welcome by me, maybe less welcome by the android (or maybe the android won't even realize they are being teased. They could probably be easily used for pranks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back