• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic [OOC] Sail the Stars : Living Quarters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

RandomBlobMan

That was a misclick I swear
Welcome to the OOC chat, please be nice to each other.

Verena Verena is my co gm. Be nice.
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre too

Rules:
-I'm looking for up to around 12 players maximum, as I don't find myself effective around big groups.
-Required post lengths will be a paragraph or two minimum, at least once a week would be fine. Let me(and any co gm that may be hired on the way) know if you can't post.
-The rp will have an ooc discord if everyone agrees.
-World Lore won't be solid, but rather open for additions-you can introduce new alien species, megacorps, etc. Only the lore about humans will be provided by me.
-You can have up to two characters active at once.
-Combat will not use a specific dice system, but rather a semi turn based order where the players state their actions and I post out the results.
-Remember, Common Courtesy.
-Show respect to your fellow players and the GM. Please don't use sarcastic/offensive vocabulary in a conversation with one. ESPECIALLY IF IT IS A SERIOUS ONE.
-Let's keep conversation related to real life/politics to a minimum, unless it is a related subject(i.e. astronomy and the such related to the sci-fi details for this universe).
-If you are to make a suggestion to the GM, use FORMAL LANGUAGE. Approach with any other language(i.e. sarcasm, lmao XD-ish non-serious atmosphere) will be declined and be regarded as a disrespect for the GM. This one is not a suggestion, this one is an order.
-Please tone down on the talk about gore, torture, and the such subjects. If a player asks you to stop, stop. I will not give many verbal warnings related to this behavior.
-Foul language doesn't exclusively mean Fuck. It can be foul language without Fuck. It could be talk about gore, passive aggressive statements, excessive sarcasm, and the such. Remember, Common Courtesy.
-If a player leaves the rp for whatever reason, their character will be retconned out of the crew for the time being(and will be able to join back if the player is to return some time). Please, do not attempt to give the character a terrible sendoff(there was an attempt before-trying to dismantle an android char of a player who left- and it was denied). Please. Don't.
=If a player is kicked out of the rp(i.e. foul language) their lore entries and character sheets will be deleted. Their character will be retconned out. Should you have an objection to my decision of kicking
out a player, please discuss in the PM's. The Proper Sendoff rule applies for their character too. They will be retconned out, not dismantled for free upgrade.
-If the appearance reference for your character includes a symbol that may be regarded as offensive(such as the nazi symbol) or anything that resembles such thing, your character sheet will not be accepted and you will be kicked out of the rp. You will be given a chance to defend yourself, but changing the reference picture will not be considered a good explanation.
-DO NOT EDIT YOUR CHARACTER SHEET AND/OR LORE ENTRY WITHOUT GM PERMISSION.
-Any detail not aforementioned in the cs and/or discussed with the gm's will be applied with an additional penalty.

Last edited:
Got a couple of questions for you, RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan
Question the first: while I said perhaps I would take an engineering role, I find myself gravitating towards a Ship Scientist role, with perhaps a particular focus on materials research and production of heals/enhancers for other crew members, particularly in combat (taking a support/healer role in that area). Sounds very Chemistry/Biology focused, though I can see the need for a ship scientist to have at least some proficiency with the main important sciences upon board ship. So, that's my pitch - ship scientist. This would be separate from a medic role, because of focus on research too, though I see heavy overlap between most positions on the ship! I just like the idea of playing that kinda support/buffing role in an rp.

Question the second: I saw on the lore page that there are "Elves" of a sort. Would that imply that there could be some overlap with more fantasy-based races, provided they were taken in a less fantasy direction? For example, minotaurs? (I like the idea of a big, bumbling bovine boy wearing a ship uniform!)

These questions are, of course, subject to your decision, but just thought I'd put them forward!

Question the first: while I said perhaps I would take an engineering role, I find myself gravitating towards a Ship Scientist role, with perhaps a particular focus on materials research and production of heals/enhancers for other crew members, particularly in combat (taking a support/healer role in that area). Sounds very Chemistry/Biology focused, though I can see the need for a ship scientist to have at least some proficiency with the main important sciences upon board ship. So, that's my pitch - ship scientist. This would be separate from a medic role, because of focus on research too, though I see heavy overlap between most positions on the ship! I just like the idea of playing that kinda support/buffing role in an rp.
The best support is fire support
Yes, that is perfectly fine. Though I gotta say that since species other than humans is allowed there will be a lot of studying for the character to do.

Question the second: I saw on the lore page that there are "Elves" of a sort. Would that imply that there could be some overlap with more fantasy-based races, provided they were taken in a less fantasy direction? For example, minotaurs? (I like the idea of a big, bumbling bovine boy wearing a ship uniform!)
The Elves are, in fact, just humans who genetically modified themselves to have pointy ears. But yeah, you could play fantasy-based races too, but you'll have to come up with a non-fantasy lore for them as there is no magic in this universe.

the character sheet page is linked on the top of this thread. Ya can checkit out

btw if you have any lore for the custom race shoot

The best support is fire support

Certainly got some ideas for weaponry, though we'll see what can be done with buffing/debuffing! I don't know if we'll get into ship combat at all, but there are certainly good ways of adding support to gunners through scanning in tandem with their shots.
As for creating a fantasy-based race, no worries at all on the no-magic front. Sci-fi ain't the place for magic. I'm just gonna hope I can be as confident in my race-building as Verena!

Technology is the magic of sci-fi in my opinion. It can be so advanced that it seems like something out of a fairytale. I've been working on building up this world in my head for years but now is actually the first time I try to use it in a practical roleplay. So, if there's anything you see that needs to be changed, just holler. Also, English is not my native language so you might have to excuse some mistakes...

They are also believed to possess a variety of magical powers, ranging from healing powers to communicating by telepathy through dreams. These rare individuals are treated with great honor and viewed as leaders.
WHATDIDISAYABOUTMAGIC

Ahem, joking,joking. Stealthy stabby man looks nice. Though I would advise getting more protdctive gear, as you never know if you'll have to fight in a spaceship where being sucked out to vaccuum is a possible outcome in every corner. Or an area under effect by a dirty bomb.
But you can keep the loadout; you can purchase new gear on the way anyways.

People believe in all sorts of stupid shit. That doesn't mean they are scientifically proven. XD And yeah, will have to design something that will fit, protect and doesn't tear easily. Probably some sort of kevlar. On a side note, how do you connect to Discord?

Y'all better be happy, I'm over 2000 words into this character sheet/species sheet.

In terms of humanity, Humanity's government has its own army, local gov's have law enforcements. Megacorps have PMC departments.
So yes; military is a thing. At least in human terms.

Sorry in advance, RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan and if there's anything you'd like me to change, do let me know!

I also went for the they-evolved-that-way route rather than genetic modification or anything, similar to Verena, hopefully that's fine!

Last edited:
Spat and spog are the only things I will be calling my cat and dog from now on. Thank you 0stinato 0stinato Love your CS!
Thank you! The sp- prefix was the long-running joke in my Star Trek tabletop campaign, from the first session to the last, and I just can't not use it in my everyday life now.
I also wondered, did you draw the pictures in your CS? 👀

Thank you! The sp- prefix was the long-running joke in my Star Trek tabletop campaign, from the first session to the last, and I just can't not use it in my everyday life now.
I also wondered, did you draw the pictures in your CS? 👀
Didn't know there was a Star Trek tabletop. Is it like DnD? And yeah, I did. Except for the planet naturally. Of course, they look like crap when taken with a phone... What about your Tauren?

Didn't know there was a Star Trek tabletop. Is it like DnD? And yeah, I did. Except for the planet naturally. Of course, they look like crap when taken with a phone... What about your Tauren?
It's not much like D&D, and the way you're meant to play it is more follow-the-rules, and like you're a collective rather than an individual character. Your character can improve but there are no level ups, and you can switch to another character if you want for a session. It promotes working together and meta-discussions of how to solve problems.
Though, because I played it with D&D friends, and coming from a background of D&D, it turned into a much more personal game, though still of course promoting working together. It uses d20s for checks and d6s for combat, but the dice system is very different. I actually based a dice system for an rp I was part of off the Star Trek one, but it didn't get used much!
Ah that's really nice to see! You certainly captured a tonne of personality in the art. I really enjoy seeing people make art of their characters, and such.
I did the picture in mine ye.

Actually, since we don't have one yet can I be captain? And what kind of ship do we fly? A smuggler, merchant, ice hauler, private security?

(also can we name the vessel?)

Last edited:
When do we start?
I'll wait for more cs's to be submitted, then I'll get to work on a starter.

Actually, since we don't have one yet can I be captain? And what kind of ship do we fly? A smuggler, merchant, ice hauler, private security?

(also can we name the vessel?)
For now it's just a simple civilian grade Corvette, something like a repaired retired military vessel with most of its big guns removed for civilian purchase. Yes, you can name it.

are there still spot open?
Y E s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back