• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic [OOC] Sail the Stars : Living Quarters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
*starts playing Kriegsmarine musiks* Der deutsche U-Boot-Mann, der greift an, Junge, Junge, der geht ran!

Aaaanddd done

Second tanky character posted up. Just realized he has a couple of overlaps with Sarah but hopefully thats okay with yall!
Are you kidding!? He's perfect! He's like the superior version of what i have going with Sarah! I dig him!

If my memory serves, as far as U-boat goes there are three Watch Officers, duties of the First Officer included the care and maintenance of the torpedo and firing system as well as the control of surface attacks; the Second Watch Officer handled administration regarding food and supplies as well as the operation of deck and flak weapons, and then Third Watch Officer are Navigator.

Now I haven’t been a merchant seaman, but upon googling its seems on modern merchant ships, the duties are divided as:
First Mate: primary responsibilities are the vessel's cargo operations, its stability, and supervising the deck crew. The mate also is responsible for the safety and security of the ship, as well as the welfare of the crew on board.

Second Mate: directing the bridge team and navigating the ship. The Second mate's primary duty is navigational, which includes updating charts and publications, keeping them current, making passage plans, and all aspects of ship navigation.

Third Mate: directs the bridge team, maneuvering the vessel, keeping it safe and on track. The Third mate's primary duty is matters of safety, inspecting gear lockers, lifeboats, and all equipment onboard ensuring that it is safe and operational.

Last edited:
Are you kidding!? He's perfect! He's like the superior version of what i have going with Sarah! I dig him!

Aw thanks! I feel like there's some potential between the two of them for friendship because of their similarities too!

Stoic younger pilot and golden retriever older soldier lmao

It's so nice to see everyone getting excited about each others' characters, boys!

btw I always thought submarine operations to be an apt comparison to spaceship operation, with three dimensional manoeuvre and often rely solely on instruments to see whats going on around lol

Aw thanks! I feel like there's some potential between the two of them for friendship because of their similarities too!

Stoic younger pilot and golden retriever older soldier lmao
It's so nice to see everyone getting excited about each others' characters, boys!
Standing next to to the big guy, Looks she got her weapons and gear off a intergalatic facebook marketplace sale!

Also Sarah gets to hang with THE BIG BOIS. It doesn't get any better than this.

The big bois are softies and I find that extremely hilarious.

Would punch people but would also get a round of drinks with them.

In any case, if anyone else wants to discuss relations, I'm all for it. This man will make a friend out of everyone even if it's the last thing he does!

are ship’s cat allowed on this spaceship? It’s an age long tradition to bring cats on board ships to control rodents and avoid damage to electrical wiring, protect ships' stores and prevent rats from devour crews' foodstuff. Never know if some rodents would sneak on board when anchoring in planet lol

are ship’s cat allowed on this spaceship? It’s an age long tradition to bring cats on board ships to control rodents and avoid damage to electrical wiring, protect ships' stores and prevent rats from devour crews' foodstuff. Never know if some rodents would sneak on board when anchoring in planet lol
I think Ostinato's character has a space cat.

Alien cat (actually a regular porcupine but everyone on the ship calls It a cat and seems confused when others say It's not a cat).

This is not a pitch for a porcupine.
It is a joke. A Terry Pratchett-esque joke.

I think Ostinato's character has a space cat.
Snout doesn't have a cat, he would've sat on it if he did. He is standing up for animal rights purely by not owning one.

Well, submarines are technically big torpedoes and rockets are literally missiles that don’t have warheads lol

The big bois are softies and I find that extremely hilarious.

Would punch people but would also get a round of drinks with them.

In any case, if anyone else wants to discuss relations, I'm all for it. This man will make a friend out of everyone even if it's the last thing he does!
Can our characters be acquintances?

Most definitely! Depending on how long the crew has been together but I imagine he's bothered Sarah at least once too lmao
My headcannon while the ship flies.

*Muffled country music playing in background*

"Are we there yet?"
"No."

"Are we there yet?"
"No."

"How about now?"
"No."

"Are we there yet?"
"No."

"AAAAAAAaaaaaannnddd Now?"
"Negatory."

"..."
"..."

"Now!"
"No."

My headcannon while the ship flies.

*Muffled country music playing in background*

"Are we there yet?"
"No."

"Are we there yet?"
"No."

"How about now?"
"No."

"Are we there yet?"
"No."

"AAAAAAAaaaaaannnddd Now?"
"Negatory."

"..."
"..."

"Now!"
"No."

Highly trained, specialized crew sent out to explore the vast universe for study? Naw, they're kids on a road trip

Would ship shanties be a thing?

Please let it be a thing to pass the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back