• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom OOC Lounge

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Is it even possible for a Nora to blight a God? I seem to recall that when Bishamon banished the traitorous Nora from her own stable she was not blighted by him despite his many sins against her. Or if it even IS possible for a Nora to blight their God wouldn't it affect all the Gods that named her and not just the one doing the game? Unless of course he knows that a Nora cannot blight a God and is using you to cheat.

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Is it even possible for a Nora to blight a God? I seem to recall that when Bishamon banished the traitorous Nora from her own stable she was not blighted by him despite his many sins against her. Or if it even IS possible for a Nora to blight their God wouldn't it affect all the Gods that named her and not just the one doing the game? Unless of course he knows that a Nora cannot blight a God and is using you to cheat.

Are you referring to Kugaha who betrayed her? I don't ever remember Bishamon ever wielding a Nora...tho Kazuma became one to kill Yato's father

I do imagine that with multiple gods carrying the burden of sin the impact of blight would be less. One could even question whether a shared weapon belongs to any one of them...but I don't believe that was ever clarified in Noragami =/

Are you referring to Kugaha who betrayed her? I don't ever remember Bishamon ever wielding a Nora...tho Kazuma became one to kill Yato's father

I do imagine that with multiple gods carrying the burden of sin the impact of blight would be less. One could even question whether a shared weapon belongs to any one of them...but I don't believe that was ever clarified in Noragami =/
It wasn't unless they had a season 3 that I didnt know about.

Kugaha betrayed her and was a Nora at the time of the betrayal.

Oh, yeah she did say she felt a slight pain upon the betrayal, so I guess its possible that the pain got split, but to be fair its unknown how many gods named him.

To generate sin you have to feel what you are doing is wrong tge nora with her beilived he was doing the right thing thus no blight

I'm fine with adding lore, but not breaking lore. Kugaha honestly believed what he was doing was good for Bishamon (the entity), even if it was 'killing' her and having her replaced, so she never really felt blight from him. I think this what somewhat explained away when he tried to reason himself out of being released of his name (or at least a remember something like that) so whether a Nora can blight a god is still left undetermined.

I'm fine with adding lore, but not breaking lore. Kugaha honestly believed what he was doing was good for Bishamon (the entity), even if it was 'killing' her and having her replaced, so she never really felt blight from him. I think this what somewhat explained away when he tried to reason himself out of being released of his name (or at least a remember something like that) so whether a Nora can blight a god is still left undetermined.
Mhm

Though I do think if a nora gets blighted all linked gods are affected so blighting are will call down sone very big names

Though I do think if a nora gets blighted all linked gods are affected so blighting are will call down sone very big names

Either that or the burden is shared so all gods don't feel as much pain. They do say Nora's are used for convenience when they don't want to dirty actual regalia hands after all. Though, I'm fine either way it goes :closedeyessmile:

Imagine a Phantom going there and making it worse lol

The desire to drop in a character to punch Kamatsu is there, but none of my characters have the capacity to do so atm =/

Oh wow that post generated a lot of discussion.
So I did indeed plan for Kamatsu to use her to essentially cheat his way through (nice call MrThe MrThe ) but also simply as a test on her own resolve and also to show that gods are not always Mary Sues and if they embrace the fact that they can do anything they want and act on it this could be a potential outcome.
I too am under the assumption that a Nora can indeed inflict blight but that any regalia can do horrible things and not blight their god as long as they see it as right.
Like Nora when she interacts with Yato saying and doing things which would come with thoughts that should sting Yato like trying to push the Sekki to the breaking point but it doesn’t because she believes wholeheartedly that she should be the only regalia he wields.

Hmm i always thought they made it clear gods were amoral beings and had regslia to help thier morality from a mortal perspective.

Hmm i always thought they made it clear gods were amoral beings and had regslia to help thier morality from a mortal perspective.
Yes but if a regalia sees wrong as right then they could theoretically lead a god down a darker path correct?

Yes but if a regalia sees wrong as right then they could theoretically lead a god down a darker path correct?
Yep I was thinking more on the mary sue thing because I font think they are becsuse this exact situation can happen bad guidepost and all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back