• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom OOC Lounge

Copy and pasted an old cs since some people seem interested in it, but I'll most likely be playing a spiritual human for this rp.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
I will definitely clean up that CS a bit more when I am finally get home from work but I got most of it back from the old rp.
Going to retouch the bio with new stuff and of course any changes you want/need.

I just realized. Everyone is doing God's of good things. When Gods can also be a God of bad stuff.

I took a peek at the current Charcter sheets and I'm feeling inspired.🤩 I'll begin working on mine tomorrow. Today has been a busy day. I apologise in advance if I missed replying to any mentions. 🧐

Edited Nagi's CS a bit to better fit with new rp.

MrThe MrThe VeiledPariah VeiledPariah
He joined the heavenly army during the AFAH fad period, then went MIA :closedeyessmile: I intend for him to exist in the rp, but he probably won't make an appearance until later.

Sweet! Then for Mama bear she fought alongside him in the heavenly army and is looking for him.

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah
lemme know when you're done.

Finding a Kunyomi and Onyomi name is a headache in a nutshell x.x

Pick a japanese name then google its alternate (ancient chinese) reading. That's how I did it anyway^^

Course you can always just spare yourself the headache by leaving it up to the god.

There is also the easy one where you just say what you get turned into and add a ki

I like to think old japanese gods have their own naming system, but I doubt it'd apply to foreign ones. Newer gods might not care either. It's just a human name and weapon name =P

I like to think old japanese gods have their own naming system, but I doubt it'd apply to foreign ones. Newer gods might not care either. It's just a human name and weapon name =P
Nope, the tool form name is pretty much whatever they turn into but with a ki added to it. Definitely the human name is very much tied to the god and shinki. The clan name is of the God's own creation and usually lasts for as long as they have the clan but the rest of the name is actually typically based off at least part of the Shinki's real name.

Rika Basho shall be my human.

250px-SCSakuya.png

Nope, the tool form name is pretty much whatever they turn into but with a ki added to it. Definitely the human name is very much tied to the god and shinki. The clan name is of the God's own creation and usually lasts for as long as they have the clan but the rest of the name is actually typically based off at least part of the Shinki's real name.

Haha, is that how it works?

Names are pretty important in Noragami and Japanese gods seem to have their own convention, but I don't remember them ever really specifying all names must have a -ki at the end for them to become regalia...

Rika Basho shall be my human.

250px-SCSakuya.png

Haha, is that how it works?

Names are pretty important in Noragami and Japanese gods seem to have their own convention, but I don't remember them ever really specifying all names must have a -ki at the end for them to become regalia...
Shinki It doesn't say always, it says usually, but pretty much every example there has ki at the end of their name.

Also I was wrong, it's not the name of what they turn into, it's their Onyomi name. As for the real name influencing the name they are given, scratch that, I was thinking of a specific example.

Last edited:
The first pronunciation is used in the shinki’s human name, and it is based on the native (kun'yomi) reading for the Kanji character. Using this name changes the shinki into its human form. Usually, another Kanji character of the god’s choice is added to the first name to become the shinki’s name as a person. This Kanji character serves as a shinki’s “family name” or "clan name", and a god can have one or more family names as desired. For example, Yato’s is “ne” (音), Tenjin’s is “yu” (喩) and Kofuku’s is “dai” (大). Bishamon has two “family names” - “ma” (麻) for Kazuma and “ha” (巴) for the rest of her shinki.

The second pronunciation is the vessel name, and it is based on the Sino-Japanese (on'yomi) reading for the said character. Using the second name changes the shinki into its item, or weapon form. Usually, the character “ki” (器, vessel) is added to the end of the second name to become the shinki’s name as an item/weapon.

Yeah, it's convention, but nothing lore-breaking. I mean, if you're going to make a foreign (greek) god, I doubt they'd name their weapon/vessel "something-ki" 😏

A name's a name, but unless specific wording matters in making a regalia (which I doubt it does), then only the traditionalists (older gods/and or "proper" gods set on doing things the conventional way) would really care. So I'm fairly open about naming Though you might be shunned by some of the older gods for it =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back