Other OOC Issues - What irks you the most?

calypso

fairest
I've seen a lot of threads about RP pet peeves, and I think the line between OOC and IC blends together when it comes to said peeves. I want to know, what are you your OOC peeves? What do people OOC do that really grinds your gears? Is it related to the RP, or is it just random behaviors that snag your eyes?

Last edited:
Ooh boy let's see I hate it when people try to one-up you in the suffering olympics. Like if you say - yeah I'm feeling a little sleepy right now. They'll follow up with I haven't slept in three days. Or if you say hey I am a little absent-minded sometimes sorry, they'll be like I black out sometimes and forget entire conversations.

Like it doesn't matter how absurd it sounds they simply always must be the most victimized person in the world.

Related to the above is when someone just wants to bitch and moan about horrible all their past/other roleplays are, how they have no friends in real life because their a rude person, and how they hate it when people try to cheer them up. Like so again you just want to be the most put upon person in the world and I"m supposed to quietly eat a slice of a cake at your pity party? No thanks, that's a hard pass.

When someone says "You have to follow my rules but I will do whatever I want." Like no that's not how collaboration works, it's not just I put up with your demands while you get to treat me like crap.

When people can't seem to understand that characters and players are two different things. Like they will put "I / Me" in their search threads to talk about their characters. And when they act like only specific gendered people IRL can play specific gendered characters. It creeps me out because you just know that these are the people who are going to treat every roleplay like a romantic relationship IRL.

When two people who aren't in a relationship pair up romantically in an RP when one or both of them is in a relationship, without being sure that the others S.O's are comfortable with it...

When two people who aren't in a relationship pair up romantically in an RP when one or both of them is in a relationship, without being sure that the others S.O's are comfortable with it...

So when someone is in a romantic relationship with their roleplay partner and also in a relationship IRL with someone else?

So when someone is in a romantic relationship with their roleplay partner and also in a relationship IRL with someone else?

Er, sorry, I don't think I worded that right, huh? ^^;;

When their characters are in a relationship and they gush and obsess over it to the point it makes one or both of the RPers significant others uncomfortable...

I hope I phrased that right s:

I think my biggest peeve is one I like to call 'trigger-fingers.' People who get too excited about hosting RPs, and pump out around ten of them. If you can handle that many RPs and running them, good on you! However, I've had my fair share of people who make RPs, then casually let it die before it begins. I wonder if they're alright, only to find out they're completely active on another one of their RPs they just created.

Er, sorry, I don't think I worded that right, huh? ^^;;

When their characters are in a relationship and they gush and obsess over it to the point it makes one or both of the RPers significant others uncomfortable...

I hope I phrased that right s:

Ah so when they either don't understand boundaries OR they are on that toxic head game crap and are trying to get a rise out of SO by bating them with a fake romance online.

When a discord suddenly gets toxic for literally no reason. (Not talking about my current one btw, you guys are pretty fuckin thicc mmm). Competition gets pretty cringy OOC.

When I'm being asked when I reply literally 15 minutes after the last post.
Like, why do I even bother to warn every single rp partner that I reply slowly and if it's a problem for them we shouldn't rp...
That applies to OOC too. I'm not on site 24/7 and if I replied 10 min ago it doesn't mean I can reply again now. Sure, I try to keep frequent contact OOC even when I can't reply to rp for whatever reasons, but there need to be boundaries.
That's probably my biggest OOC pet peeve tbh.

Sometimes when people are too invested in their character and talk about it all the time OOC. It's fine by itself, I can do that too but sometimes it gets excessive and suffocating. And this is where it starts being an annoyance rather than fun.

Toxic behavior happens all the time online and it certainly sucks when it happens. But I don't attribute it to OOC pet peeves specifically because it's just everywhere anyway.

This isn't a huge pet peeve of mine, just something that mildly bugs me, but when people talk OOC in the IC RP thread. It doesn't make me super angry and it won't make me really salty at that person, but I'll still probably politely ask them to keep IC chat to a separate PM or thread. It makes things feel better and more organized that way.

As for actual peeves...
When people don’t read your search thread. You can always tell if they haven’t, because when trying to plan the RP, they suggest things you clearly stated you disliked or say they don’t want to do something you said is a must for you.

And maybe this one is more IC than OOC... but I think it still counts. Like when someone takes something you said OOC and uses it in the RP despite the fact that it makes no sense for them to do that. For example, if you explain OOC one of your character’s deep secrets, but you specifically state that nobody knows it yet - and then your partner, IC, suddenly knows your character’s greatest secret. ...... Why? How?

Overly fancy fonts and colors and texts OOC. Look, I understand wanting to make things beautiful. I like coding too tbh. But constantly using fancy bright red cursive text for every single post makes it hard for me to plot with someone or even read their casual OOC chatter.

Guilt trips for not replying.

"Hello?"
5 minutes later...
"....I guess you're not here then...."

Please don't do this -_-;; as one who suffers from anxiety as it is, this makes me feel worse or really freaking annoyed.

I dislike being made to wait and not know what's happening. I check on my RP partners after a few days of no response or no OOC chat and get a bad attitude back. But honestly, like if you just told me, "Can't respond this week" or "Don't expect more than a response or two these next two weeks," then I wouldn't check on you. I check because I don't know and you don't tell me and I don't pick up other partners because I don't want to overload myself.

Like, be as enthused about the RP as I am. If you're not, then don't RP with me. You can say no or tell me you're not feeling it.

All chatter no RP. Unless we get along really nicely, or if all the chatter is about the RP, I don't mind chatter. As long as you're writing your damn posts.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T BE A BRICK WALL. It's not a chore to talk to you, don't make it feel like it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back