• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [OOC] Corvallis Academy

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I'm looking for the ultimate formula
season 5 episode 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I shall be the weakest sun witch >: )

Question; style of Earth-magic shapeshifting

Like. Is it constrained to animals, or is it more similar to "body is liquid and I can make it do what I want"?

Question; style of Earth-magic shapeshifting

Like. Is it constrained to animals, or is it more similar to "body is liquid and I can make it do what I want"?
Although shapeshifting isn't limited to animals there are magical laws against using it to impersonate witches

if you're wondering if you can transform into objects then nah, only living things

So it's like... "As long as it has the capacity to survive as a living and animate thing you can theoretically do it" kinda thing?

What happens to Sun and Moon Witchs when/if there is a solar eclipse?

What happens to Sun and Moon Witchs when/if there is a solar eclipse?
In such rare occurrence Sun Magic is temporarily weakened and Moon Magic is heightened. In the total phase (idk how it's called, when the moon entirely covers the sun) Sun Magic is temporarily unavailable in that area

Is it the same for the reverse? Meaning a lunar eclipse would cut off moon magic ?
You see, the thing is that the name is deceiving. A lunar eclipse doesn't involve the sun blocking Earth's view of the moon, a lunar eclipse is earth between the sun and the moon perfectly aligned getting a reddish color from the light

So... No, if anything a lunar eclipse empowers moon magic in certain ways (Which I prefer to keep to myself at this moment in the plot :v)

Is it the same for the reverse? Meaning a lunar eclipse would cut off moon magic ?
You see, the thing is that the name is deceiving. A lunar eclipse doesn't involve the sun blocking Earth's view of the moon, a lunar eclipse is earth between the sun and the moon perfectly aligned getting a reddish color from the light

So... No, if anything a lunar eclipse empowers moon magic in certain ways (Which I prefer to keep to myself at this moment in the plot :v)

images.png

I do have a question about Sky magic. With summoning wind, would that include things such as short bursts of wind to propel in any directions, being able to float or fly using wind streams, and using the wind to lift items?

lots of moon and earth witches , actually surprised since I expected people to lean more towards sun or sky magic

lots of moon and earth witches , actually surprised since I expected people to lean more towards sun or sky magic
I expected moon and sky to be the most popular choices tbh. so got one out of 2 right.

Grotesque.png

I have sketched Arii's first "form" (with the family friend's in the background for reference/scale)

Spot the "wrongness" bits~

TW for mostly body horror and wrong things being in the wrong places

I do have a question about Sky magic. With summoning wind, would that include things such as short bursts of wind to propel in any directions, being able to float or fly using wind streams, and using the wind to lift items?
Yes

View attachment 999967

I have sketched Arii's first "form" (with the family friend's in the background for reference/scale)

Spot the "wrongness" bits~

TW for mostly body horror and wrong things being in the wrong places
Cool, such an advanced transformation was only possible because it was a conduit moment so they won't actually be able to fully turn into it again until they get more advanced at Earth Magic but I'll allow partial shifting under stress/anxiety

Users who are viewing this thread

Back