• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [OOC] Corvallis Academy

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
As you should xD I just wondered if you wanted to know (or someone else) cuz they are interesting
Ngl, the lore monster in me is frothing at the mouth, so yes please

Also some new ones;

1: How much of magical mechanics are like. Just on the internet for people to research
2: What would have happened if Arii had refused the school's (and every school after that's) offer
3: Why are they forced to choose between sects
4: Are schools/sects run differently in other countries
5: Is any of this information out there on the internet

Ngl, the lore monster in me is frothing at the mouth, so yes please

Also some new ones;

1: How much of magical mechanics are like. Just on the internet for people to research
2: What would have happened if Arii had refused the school's (and every school after that's) offer
3: Why are they forced to choose between sects
4: Are schools/sects run differently in other countries
5: Is any of this information out there on the internet

Let's start with the other ones first:

They make you leave your technology because as a witch you should embrace witch culture now, which includes their own type of magic based technology "Magitek"

While Earth Witches could just make some giant birds, they wouldn't be able to safely fly through storms. While Sky Witches could simply make some ice-water flying things it's not as effective as a ship nor as sustainable.

Storm Raiders are actually made to travel long distances that would require regular birds to rest and would deplete the mana from a sky witch to traverse with a construct. They are powered by a perpetual storm (inside the glass) that keeps the ship moving and although they are made to resemble whales in design no whales were harmed doing them.

There's some rivalry between Sky and Earth, Sun and Moon, but nothing too serious, it's just that their sources have opposing principles and they tend to clash in opinion.

1: None.

2: The offer doesn't come from a specific school, it comes from the Covenant itself (The coven that rules all covens, basically). Rejecting the offer is rejecting to belong to the magical community and thus your powers and magic are taken away.

3: Will be explained soon in a class 🤫

4: They are magical schools all around the world but they all have the same system because they all are under The Covenant's ruling. You'll find out that witches put little value on nationality aside from learning interesting casting variations and such.

5: Again, no. Abjurers do their job very thoroughly.

Arii's entire self the moment they learn they could have gone back to normal if they'd just said "no":

F U C K

Arii's rage is going to power them to propose a new way of introducing the rules n stuff to wildborns like. The moment they graduate, because they are just. So done.

I think the more Arii learns about this world, the more they're gonna hate it

Also. Jet is breaking. So many rules, probably.

Sorry, dude

Oh geez, I’ve been gone all day haha I've still gotta read through all the character sheets (not that I’ll remember details, please don’t berate me if I forget details 😅) but I’ll get a starter post up at some point in the next few hours

While Earth Witches could just make some giant birds, they wouldn't be able to safely fly through storms. While Sky Witches could simply make some ice-water flying things it's not as effective as a ship nor as sustainable.

Storm Raiders are actually made to travel long distances that would require regular birds to rest and would deplete the mana from a sky witch to traverse with a construct. They are powered by a perpetual storm (inside the glass) that keeps the ship moving and although they are made to resemble whales in design no whales were harmed doing them.

I have Just Remembered something

Can't common swifts stay on the wing for like... months? And a lot of migratory birds fly through hurricanes

Glances at bird flight patterns

Can def believe it's more efficient, tho, lol

I have Just Remembered something

Can't common swifts stay on the wing for like... months? And a lot of migratory birds fly through hurricanes

Glances at bird flight patterns

Can def believe it's more efficient, tho, lol
I think that a big enough bird that would be carrying people and equipment would work a bit different (?

Even if not the case, it would be so unsafe for non-sky Witches (Taking in consideration that they could be made only by earth witches)

On the flight thing... debatable. The longer the wings proportional to the body, the less energy they use flapping

The storm thing? Longer, bigger wings would probably actually work for it better, with added stability and whatnot. There's also the thing of weight, so depending on the kind of storm, it might not even affect it, since it's massive, heavy, and not really... tall like a tree.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents; it's magic.

On the flight thing... debatable. The longer the wings proportional to the body, the less energy they use flapping

The storm thing? Longer, bigger wings would probably actually work for it better, with added stability and whatnot. There's also the thing of weight, so depending on the kind of storm, it might not even affect it, since it's massive, heavy, and not really... tall like a tree.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents; it's magic.
Lol 🤣 yeah, I'm not the most knowledgeable person in bird biology but anyways let's keep the fantasy going :v

I'm just gonna drop this here in case anyone wants to add their picture like some of us did but sucks at BBCode like me 😅 Left or right is up to personal aesthetics haha then I just changed the image height to ~200px

Code:
[imageFloat=left] image goes here [/imageFloat]

[imageFloat=right] image goes here [/imageFloat]

Helping people helps her not think about her own nerves 💚

I straight up went back and searched through the BBCode guide and copy/pasted it, you're not alone 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back