• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic [OOC] Aegis: Error 508

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Gus wtf, what's with the empty extra space

Did you manage to break it??? XD
Edit: Ohhh I see~ The answer is 'kinda'

Stingray

Name: Manami Hamasaki​
Power: Aquatic bioform modified as a weapon​
Limiter: Damaged class 4 tracking chip​

font-size:small;​
clear: both;]​
Ethnic Heritage
Japanese​
Hair
None​
Eyes
Black​
Height
5' 4" or 8' 3" depending on mood​
Figure
Lithe and lean (125 pounds) OR: Massive and Muscular (450 pounds)​
Notes
Blue scaly skin, flattened nose, nictitating membrane over eyes, gill slits below ears, webbed digits, needle like teeth, brow ridge and other fins. When her weapon programming is engaged she increases over 50% in height and nearly quadruples her muscle mass.​
Personality
Self Sacrificing

This may flow partly from her conditioning leaving her with few intrinsic goals other than to obey, but irrespective of the genesis of her disposition, Manami could hardly be more selfless. It is not that she will go out of her way to help a friend in need. She will drop everything to help anyone of good will with anything at all.​
Disciplined
Her tendency to subsume her aims for others would almost be crippling except for her single mindedness of purpose once she has set about to complete a task. If you could get her distracted, you could probably redirect her to a different task just by asking, but distracting her once she is engaged is no mean feat.​
Hard Boiled

There was a time when Manami would put up with almost anything other than a physical threat to her friends, and then would completely lose her cool. Nowadays she is far colder and more calculating. It has been years since she has had a high stress incident, but if anything she is more deadly than ever before​
Darkened Soul
While still fiercely loyal to her friends, and deeply believing in the fundamental goodness of humanity, Manami's formerly sunny disposition is gone now. Where once she feared her inner demon, now she embraces this part of her that was designed to be a weapon. She is a weapon now. But she is no longer anyone's tool. She serves her own aims.​
Biography
History

Over a decade ago, Manami escaped from a black site research lab, just off shore from one of the tiny islands in the Ryukyu chain, somewhere between Kyushu and Okinawa. It remains unclear who was behind the experiments, but there have been rumors in the intelligence community of a secret society of unreformed imperialists dating all the way back to World War II. If they are real, they would certainly fit the bill. Whoever they are, tinkering with low level supers to turn them into weapons seems to be their speciality. Manami remembers at least a dozen other prisoners at the site, most of whom died horribly when put through the 'processing' program.​
While she was not the only super they modified, she was by far the most successful for their purposes. At the beginning of their experiments, she had been a much more typical D rank: a little stronger than human, with wrist stingers, and a slightly alien appearance along with the ability to breathe under water. Once they were through, her mutations had become far more obvious as well as significantly more deadly. Best of all, she responded quite well to behavioral conditioning, up until the incident that led to her escape. During the battle, her limiter chip was damaged and its tracking function is offline. The limiting function was also damaged, but works well enough as long as she stays dry and remains calm.​
After her escape she was discovered by a fisherman and his wife who informally adopted her. They fled to America to try to get away from the agents chasing them, but were forced to continue their flight southward, skirting the western coast of the Americas. Eventually they arrived in Baltimore and signed her up at the infamous facility 108 for training. On the day of her graduation anti super terrorists attacked the facility injuring hundreds and killing dozens, including Manami's adopted parents.​
For the last five years, she has been putting her life back together piece by piece, working for commonwealth to thoroughly destroy what remains of the knights of raguel and to ensure no other terrorist organizations ever gain a foothold in her adopted city every again.​
Relationships
  • Scarlett Chernov: Former director of commonwealth who gave Manami her first job five years ago.
  • Aaron Mallory: Friend and mentor from 108
  • Allen McNabb: Kindly old man who taught emotional composure at 108 in his own inimitable way.
  • Red Ward: 108's Personal combat instructor, a man who did more to help Manami regain her emotional balance than he realizes. He also set her up with a place to stay after her family's boat burned and sank. He is as close to a parental figure as she will allow herself to have anymore
  • Kendi-kun: A fellow graduate of AEGIS class of 2040 and her first friend in America. They shared many adventures together, both canonically and... less so.
  • Chris Kravitz: Another fellow graduate
  • Sam Casan: Another student in Manami's graduating class, also part of the alleged "snowglobe" incident.
  • Miia Makela: A dropout from facility 107 who seems to thing Manami is her best friend
  • Gavin: A friend who designs suits and equipment for supers
Superpowers
Codename: Stingray!
Manami can breathe underwater and swim faster than a torpedo. She has eight inch retractable stingers in the backs of her wrists with barbed ends and razor sharp edges. They can shoot out about 8 feet on muscular whiplike appendages.​
Bioweapon Mode: When angered or threatened, especially while underwater, Manami has flashbacks to her early conditioning, causing her body mass and strength to increase dramatically, but never reach full potential except underwater. These episodes can last for as little as a few seconds, or up to several hours depending on stress levels during the incident.​
Limitations

• Animal Savage fury:
    When she shifts fully to bioweapon mode, Manami's intelligence and will are both reduced to subhuman levels, and she acts on pure instinct.
  • Limiter kicks in hard:
    When reverting to docile mode after an incident, the shock knocks her unconscious for anything from 2 minutes up to 24 hours depending on how long she was in her savage state, and how much effort she made. Regardless of those factors, she is always ravenously hungry when she wakes up.
  • Worst of both worlds:
    She gets sick if she does not spend at least an hour exercising in the water each day; eventually she would dry out and die. Contrariwise, the longer she spends in the water, the less connection she feels to her life above the waves. The balance is easier to maintain with Gavin's aqualung design than it once was, but she still struggles with her place in the world.
  • Monstrous appearance:
    Even when her programming is not actively twisting her into a monster, by normal human standards, she still looks like one, and is often treated as such.
Other Abilities
Skills
Bilingual: Manami is fluent in both English and Japanese​
Martial Arts: Trained by her parents, Red Ward, and Chris Kravitz, Manami is a formidable fighter​
Loadout
Aqualung: A sleek new gill moistener designed by her friend Gavin keeps her head in the game while on land without getting in her way.​

Last edited:
MANAMI MANAMI MANAMI MANAMI YEEEEESSS
HI FISH BABY WE MISSED YOU

I would like to join up. Though, I am thinking of bringing someone new to the party.
Spider Man Applause GIF

OMG IT'S MUUUUUUUSE!!!

No catgirl this time then?

I would like to join up. Though, I am thinking of bringing someone new to the party.
Spider Man Applause GIF
HOLY SHIT. You helped run the RP right after my dad died!

Y'all, you're in the presence of a hero right now!

//squinting

I'm regretting making the profile code ALSO skinny.

The profile thread is now open for approved characters.

The main roleplay thread is available for viewing.

Nobody panic.

welian welian has tasked me with overview of your characters. Do not fear. Fear will not save you.

Lemon Boy Lemon Boy
Is Jeanette able to see stress through walls or obstacles? In the dark? And can she tell anything about what kind of stress or what may be causing it?

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun
I very much like thinking about how Julio would move around through the world! He has the kind of powerset it would be fun to pretend having as a kid on a playground.
Four questions and three suggestions:
Can Julio sense the presence of ferrous metals? What's the range of his magnetism? Does his power get weaker with distance, or is his range just a hard limit? Does he pick specific objects with his power, or does he strengthen or weaken a magnetic aura that attracts everything within a certain distance?
You mention that Julio is able to attach himself to concrete walls a couple of times, and if I understand correctly why that works with his power, you should specify explicitly that he can attach to any wall with metal in it, such as the rebar in concrete.
I would specify in his power description that he is in equal measure pulled towards any object he attracts, and is also repelled away from any object he repels. That way, it is clear that if he wants to use his power for movement, he needs something that can hold his weight (which you should also specify in the power description).
I feel like his rockets are kind of redundant; if he's in a city, there's bound to be metal under his feet he can repel and hover, and if he's not in a city, he's not going to be able to find many metal structures to pull himself around on. Even if he did, it seems like he could swing through the air like Spider-Man.

Kkushmar Kkushmar
I take it from the description that Landen's muscles automatically adapt to be able to do things that he sees (for example, if his muscles are of average ability but he watches an archer draw a 75-pound bow, he will adapt and become strong enough to do it himself). Is that correct? If so, two follow-up questions: does that hurt?? And what is the limit of strength he can gain from this ability, if it is not enough to lift a truck?
Supporting power A: How much more quickly does he recover from exertion and injury, in terms of average human healing (half-again as fast, twice as fast, three times as fast, etc)?
I like that he has limited storage space. I have a suggestion: rather than a timer on each movement he has seen, specify that watching movement always takes up space in his brain, even if it is something like opening a fridge door. This could open the possibility of getting overloaded by people doing average tasks, but still allow him to retain movements in his long-term memory by practicing them - if he can watch himself do it.

Giyari Giyari
How complicated a weapon is Millicent able to create? Is her strength increase due simply to reinforcement of her musculature with metal? Or is she able to manipulate the metal in her body to add her telekinetic strength to her physical strength? In either case, where she has the strength of a champion weightlifter, is that also added to her telekinetic strength when considering how heavy a weapon she can wield?

Can Julio sense the presence of ferrous metals? What's the range of his magnetism? Does his power get weaker with distance, or is his range just a hard limit?
Yes, but it's almost an instinctual thing. He just kinda knows 'this works' 'this doesn't' but if you ask him to explain why he just... Can't. It doesn't work because it doesn't work!

I was thinking 2 to 3 blocks, like a rather big square. It's a hard limit, the intensity is controlled by him.

Does he pick specific objects with his power, or does he strengthen or weaken a magnetic aura that attracts everything within a certain distance?

It's target-based. There's a mix of thought and arm pointing motions, he quite literally has to reach for things or slingshot himself from them, by doing the motions.

You mention that Julio is able to attach himself to concrete walls a couple of times, and if I understand correctly why that works with his power, you should specify explicitly that he can attach to any wall with metal in it, such as the rebar in concrete.

True. (Sorry, I thought that seemed obvious) That and window frames when it's a glass building. And poles, any sort of hanging poles for flags or whatever are great!

I would specify in his power description that he is in equal measure pulled towards any object he attracts, and is also repelled away from any object he repels. That way, it is clear that if he wants to use his power for movement, he needs something that can hold his weight (which you should also specify in the power description).

I don't understand, may I request rephrasing?

I feel like his rockets are kind of redundant; if he's in a city, there's bound to be metal under his feet he can repel and hover, and if he's not in a city, he's not going to be able to find many metal structures to pull himself around on. Even if he did, it seems like he could swing through the air like Spider-Man.

No, small hover. The usage of the word 'hover' instead of something like 'levitation' is on purpose. I'm staying away from Static Shock disc flying or anything of the sort. Yes he could possibly propel himself off the ground but unlike spiderman who has a lot of endurance, if he missed a 'swing' and fell there is no web, or safety rope and it won't be as simple of a dismiss.

It's safer to go for running and stay closer to the ground. Rooftop jumping is okay, no propelling and praying to Dios that he won't slip : P

You're probably about to suggest better armor, but think of the extra weight and effort just to haul it around : /

Why so specific? I had a dream, I'm dedicated to making this work the exact same way it did there

How complicated a weapon is Millicent able to create? Is her strength increase due simply to reinforcement of her musculature with metal? Or is she able to manipulate the metal in her body to add her telekinetic strength to her physical strength? In either case, where she has the strength of a champion weightlifter, is that also added to her telekinetic strength when considering how heavy a weapon she can wield?
It would still be a melee weapon or a simple kinetic momentum projectile, so swords, axes, metal whips, rope darts, momentum assisted projectiles with the velocity of a really good slingshot. She can't make multi part machinery, or, she could, but she'd have to make it piece by piece and physically assemble it, as any brakes in the metal would have her lose control as she has to be physically touching it.

As for strength, without using her power, she's just as strong as a fit human, a black belt martial artist. With her power she can use the metal in her body as a sort of molecular scaffolding? Controlling the metal atoms along with her own body movements to increase her strength, so yeah reinforcing her body as you said. It's still withing non super strength human ranges as the rest of her body still has to deal with the strain.

She has no telekinetic strength at all. None. Not sure where you got that from 😅 She controls metal through physical touch, she cannot alter the weight of the metal and she is still affected by the weight of the metal. The metal atoms in her body are touching her by way of being inside her, therefore she can use them.

By using heavy weapons, maybe 200lb? Max? But the momentum of swinging something that heavy around would wrench her off her feet. So it's completely impractical. She could lift more though, like lever a car up a couple inches to free someone trapped, but she'd have to use both hands and would not be able to do anything else. Even then it's again, impractical as it's easier for her to melt the car and use its own metal to jack it up 😂

She prefers speed and agility and intelligence to fight though so it would be unusual for her to use oversized weapons.

That alright?

Hi guyss Im done with app and I dont know if it's good I hope he's fine hes my little guy fav little guy
Chad

Name: Once Ler​
Power: Hey Man I'm Just A Little Guy​
Limiter: Active, Level 3​
Appearance
Race
White
Hair
Black
Eyes
Green
Height
Beanpole
Figure
Tumblr Sexyman
Notes
Wears a top hat
Personality
Bitch
Will provoke you
Heyy man
Then sooth you
I'm just a little guyy
The lil' guy
Just a lil' guyy. It's my birthday. You wouldn't hit a birthday boy, a boy on his birthday, right?

Biography
History
One day, the Once-ler discovers a valley was full of beautiful Truffula Trees which the Bar-ba-Loots, Swommee Swans and Humming Fish inhabit. He decides to cut down one of the trees for his invention, the Thneed. When he chops down a Truffula Tree, he finds The Lorax in the tree trunk. He receives a warning about destroying the forest for his greedy plans. The Once-ler does not listen.

As the Once-ler's small shop grows into a factory, signs of damage to the Truffula Forest become evident to the Lorax. The Lorax complains that the Truffula trees, being chopped down, were also the food source of the Bar-ba-Loots who are now facing a terrible food shortage. At first, the Once-ler only shows a little remorse, but still focuses on expanding his business. Soon, the Once-ler's Thneed-making business has expanded tenfold and now uses delivery trucks to take out the shipments. The Lorax comes back complaining that the factories are belching out so much smoke that it is giving the Swomee Swans sore throats. He also complains that his machinery goo by-product is being dumped into the ponds where the Humming-Fish live.

The Once-ler goes so far as to berate the Lorax for chastising his business practices. The Lorax's complaints, however, unhappily prove to be true just as the last Truffula Tree gets chopped down. With all the trees gone, no more Thneeds can be made, so the Once-ler is alone with the Lorax, who, looking back at the Once-ler sadly, picks himself up by the "seat of his pants" and floats away through a hole in the smog, leaving behind only a small pile of rocks with the word "UNLESS" inscribed into them.

The Once-ler then brought his remaining wealth to America where he discovered that Lorax was a figment of his imagination and that he had a superpower.

Relationships
  • Lorax: A figment of Once-ler imagination
  • Oncie: Also a figment of his imagination, but was actually his reflection in the mirror
Superpowers
Heyyy, Man I'm Just A Little Guy
Once-Ler is just a lil' guy he is just being silly you don't really want to hurt him right
It's His Birthday: Ok if you still wanna hurt him it's actually his birthday. Everyday is his birthday. You wanna hurt birthday boy on his birthday??? Wow
Bitch: Anyone Once-Ler called a Bitch felt an unerring rage toward the twink and want him crushed.

Limitations
Twink
: Once-Ler isn't strong so it's just his birthday
Doesn't wear glasses: Nerds can definitely hit the Lil' Guy
No mirror: If Once-Ler says 'bitch' to himself he'll explode actually.
Other Abilities
Skills
Sexiness

Loadout
Top hat, walking cane, capitalism winning smile

Augmentations
Thneed

Last edited:
Hi guyss Im done with app and I dont know if it's good I hope he's fine hes my little guy fav little guy
Chad

Appearance
Race
White
Hair
Black
Eyes
Green
Height
Beanpole
Figure
Tumblr Sexyman
Notes
Wears a top hat
Personality
Bitch
Will provoke you
Heyy man
Then sooth you
I'm just a little guyy
The lil' guy
Just a lil' guyy. It's my birthday. You wouldn't hit a birthday boy, a boy on his birthday, right?
Explain in a short description (no more than a few sentences) of how your character displays this trait.
Biography
History
One day, the Once-ler discovers a valley was full of beautiful Truffula Trees which the Bar-ba-Loots, Swommee Swans and Humming Fish inhabit. He decides to cut down one of the trees for his invention, the Thneed. When he chops down a Truffula Tree, he finds The Lorax in the tree trunk. He receives a warning about destroying the forest for his greedy plans. The Once-ler does not listen.

As the Once-ler's small shop grows into a factory, signs of damage to the Truffula Forest become evident to the Lorax. The Lorax complains that the Truffula trees, being chopped down, were also the food source of the Bar-ba-Loots who are now facing a terrible food shortage. At first, the Once-ler only shows a little remorse, but still focuses on expanding his business. Soon, the Once-ler's Thneed-making business has expanded tenfold and now uses delivery trucks to take out the shipments. The Lorax comes back complaining that the factories are belching out so much smoke that it is giving the Swomee Swans sore throats. He also complains that his machinery goo by-product is being dumped into the ponds where the Humming-Fish live.

The Once-ler goes so far as to berate the Lorax for chastising his business practices. The Lorax's complaints, however, unhappily prove to be true just as the last Truffula Tree gets chopped down. With all the trees gone, no more Thneeds can be made, so the Once-ler is alone with the Lorax, who, looking back at the Once-ler sadly, picks himself up by the "seat of his pants" and floats away through a hole in the smog, leaving behind only a small pile of rocks with the word "UNLESS" inscribed into them.

The Once-ler then brought his remaining wealth to America where he discovered that Lorax was a figment of his imagination and that he had a superpower.

Relationships
  • Oncie: Also a figment of his imagination, but was actually his reflection in the mirror
Superpowers
Once-Ler is just a lil' guy he is just being silly you don't really want to hurt him right
It's His Birthday: Ok if you still wanna hurt him it's actually his birthday. Everyday is his birthday. You wanna hurt birthday boy on his birthday??? Wow
Bitch: Anyone Once-Ler called a Bitch felt an unerring rage toward the twink and want him crushed.

Limitations
Twink
Other Abilities
Skills
Sexiness

Loadout

Augmentations
Thneed
No, bad. *Spray spray*

Chad

Appearance
Race
White
Hair
Black
Eyes
Green
Height
Beanpole
Figure
Tumblr Sexyman
Notes
Wears a top hat
Personality
Bitch
Will provoke you
Heyy man
Then sooth you
I'm just a little guyy
The lil' guy
Explain in a short description (no more than a few sentences) of how your character displays this trait.
Biography
History

Relationships
Superpowers

Limitations
Twink
Other Abilities
Skills
Sexiness

Loadout

Augmentations
Thneed

Viz2w12.png

Well I *was* going to take this back into my workshop but phone said no so fuck it- This is nearly all old text, needs tweaks also typo hunting will do later, take this as Kendrick coming in to say 'hi, I'm also here!"

Enjoy Andorah's lovely art while I go cry in the corner because FC pain, why must I have to do this again Weli whyyyyyyy flex my editing skills that I've honed all these years because I couldn't just learn to draw like a normal person.

This is extensive and probably the most complex and detailed power I have for this setting for now, you have been warned.

ihatemobileihatemobileihatemobulenihatemovileIHATEMOVILEIHATEMONULEIHATEMOBILEIHAYEAAAAAAAAAH-

The Conductor
Name: Kendrick Haywood​
Power: Toy Manipulation​
Limiter: Inactive, Level 1​
Appearance

Race
Caucasian (British)

Hair
Black
(May appear to be slightly blue, depending on the ambient illumination)

Eyes
Blue

Height
6' 2''

Figure
182.9 lbs, Athletic looking with some muscle mass.

Notes
Always seem wearing a hat, similar to those train conductors wear. He is also known to own different colors of said hat and color-coordinate it with his clothes.[/Tab]

Personality

Fun-loving
Despite his uptight character, Kendrick is actually a fun loving kid. He likes jokes, puns and riddles, and likes to make up his own. Firstly, his codename is a pun already, it can mean both an orchestra conductor (He conducts his toys) or a train conductor (toy trains are one of the most appreciated toys there are, even adults may collect them). He keeps this up even further by wearing a conductor hat.
He'll laugh at jokes and repeat jokes he heard, when a window of opportunity shows up. He won't ever join in pranking though, because that seems mean to him. Toys of course, are the centerpiece of both his sense of fun, and his power. But he needs to really trust the person to show them this side of him.

Reticent
The first impression you'll get of Kendrick Haywood, is that he is a reserved, serious and maybe even a boring person. As you get to know him however, you'll realise that is merely a facade, and a well constructed one. There is just no way to know what Kendrick is thinking; his poker face is too good. (He learned it from toy soldiers!...and lessons in business from his father.) When he does show emotions clearly, it is jarring, and not completely believable. Sometimes he acts like a serious, adult person, others, he looks just like every other teenager you might know.

Caring
Having absentee parents, Kendrick bonds very strongly with his friends and his toys. He may not show it but, he enjoys being there for the people he cares about, and will try to make them feel better when they're sad. You might be by yourself on a bench in a mellow mood and suddenly be approached by this guy offering you an ice cream or something... It might take a while, but upon realizing he's disappointing or being mean to someone, specially a friend, he's almost instantly overtaken by guilt.
With his toys too, the bond runs deep. Kendrick regards them as family, naming, cleaning and repairing them. If eventually one of them is broken beyond repair, he'll mourn for his fallen friend and, even if he gets a replacement toy, it will never feel the same to him.

Neurotic
Being raised in a rich family, Kendrick likes everything to be in perfect order, especially his things. He'll get caught on organizing and cleaning every now and then, and looks down on people who seem too messy or relaxed to him. His love for manners and rules can make him very irritating. He'll probably recite said rules to you, when you seem out of line to him. For Kendrick, a rule is a law, and as such, must be followed without question.
The only exception is when there's clearly NO OTHER OPTION.

Biography

History
When he was thirteen, Kendrick was enrolled in AEGIS by his parents, first, without him being consulted at all, but he has grown to enjoy the little moment of freedom and non-surveillance when he goes to class. As events progressed and Kendrick saw himself constantly torn between what he wanted and what his parents wanted out of him, the Haywood boy was forced to sever any and all contact with his anti-super family, reaching the point of acceptance over the love he was never given and moving in with Anneliese, 108's counsellor, continuing to help around the facility even past his graduation, albeit not being officially a Teacher Assistant in the paper, unlike Manami his best friend.

Relationships
  • Other person's name: Description of your character's relationship to this person.
  • (Fuck me, I did not make this easy, dangit past me! Manami is his best friend and Anneliese is like an adoptive mother. He's a Haywood merely by name, and maybe then something good can finally come out of it.)

Superpowers

Toy Manipulation
The ability to control toys to do his bidding. Kendrick can make a toy move according to his thoughts. If he pictures Ted the teddy bear grabbing a pen, then Ted will do so accordingly. The toys under his control have enhanced strength and reflexes, so they can lift heavy objects as well as jump and run faster than a hypothetical similar-sized human would.

Vision Sharing: If he concentrates, Kendrick can momentarily see what his toy is seeing, while under control. It's very useful to spy on people. It only works with toys that actually have eyes though. The material of which toy he's using can influence in how bright and clear the image is, though it never becomes a complete blur or anything like that, it's more of an extra quirk than a nuisance.

Limitations
Need for Bonding: Kendrick's power requires extensive bonding with the toy, loving it, naming it, getting to know it and caring for it. That leaves him only his Toy-Family; he cannot use toys he has just met.
A full bond must be at least one month old. A bond between two weeks and a month may work, but it will need more concentration than normal.

Range Limit: Kendrick can control toys that are at a maximum of 1 block (263 feet 9 inches) from him, in any direction.

Mental and Physical Strain: The maximum number of toys that he can control at once is 5, that includes any entity. So, if Kendrick was manipulating chess pieces, he would only be able to control 5 of them. Attempting to control more than 5 will cause headaches and if kept on for a very long time, brain damage. The same goes for attempting to manipulate the toy for a range larger than 1 block.
When using Vision Sharing, only one toy can be manipulated, as it takes much more concentration.
The size of the toy also matters. The bigger the toy, more concentration is needed and larger is the effort.

Is This a Toy? The definition of toy, by itself it's loose. The one to define what is a toy and what isn't is Kendrick himself, with his own convictions and experiences. An inflatable life size doll is NOT a toy. A very big statue is NOT a toy (unless it was made to resemble one. A plastic statue of a plastic soldier is actually a VERY BIG plastic soldier!).
However, things some might call figures or simply decoration (Like Kefir, the metal lion) ARE considered toys by him.

Toy's Abilities Limitations: Even with it's enhanced strength, while in influence of Kendrick's manipulation, a toy cannot carry anything heavier than 5 times it's own weight. For example, a Teddy bear would be able to carry a pillow, even two but, not a television.
As for the toy's hit strength, every hit has the strength of an average human, with a plus, depending on the material the toy is made of. For example, A teddy bear's hit, would feel similar to being punched by a person wearing cotton filled gloves. A metal miniature of a car's hit, however, would feel similar to being punched by someone wearing brass knuckles.

Locked In: When using the vision-link Kendrick's mind is so focused on the task that he is somewhat 'locked' in it. All manner of verbal communication is done by thought, which is great if you have a telepath in the room, but so much to anyone else. He is still aware of his body's surroundings, so people can communicate to him, he just won't be able to respond until the link is released...

(Mis)Communication: If instead, someone decides to tag-along with the toy he's controlling and moves away from Kendrick himself, we have a complete different story. The toy can't talk, make mouth sounds (not even sighs!) or even hear anything, thus making Kendrick's immediate world silent for the whole trip. He is left to reading body cues and communicating through mimic, whose interpretations are left to whoever he is communicating to. To make it clearer with an example, if he was outside a building and the toy was inside it, Kendrick would still be able to hear the streets and such but anything that's happening in the building, around the toy would be just like watching a television set on mute. It's preferable to either have someone stick near him to give the instructions or pick someone who's, at least, average at guessing games as a field partner.

Ping? ...... Pong: The farther a toy is from him the longer it takes for a vision-link to 'start-up'. This won't ever exceed 10 seconds, but makes keeping a conversation during the link this much more harder, not to mention extremely time-wasting. If he were to stop it to talk and then get back to it later, the toy in the field would be rendered completely immobile and 'vulnerable' during that window of time. For that reason alone, Kendrick will avoid coming back and forth through the 'connection' if the toy is longer in his sight range.

Annihilation of a Toy: Destroying a toy to the point it can no longer move, invalidates Kendrick's ability and that toy can no longer be used by him. Since Kendrick and the destroyed toy were 'connected mentally', Kendrick also feels a ping of pain (and lots of sadness) when the connection is severed.
The shattered connection won't return even if the toy is reassembled or remade with new materials, it might look the same, but it won't FEEL the same. To Kendrick, that toy has already passed away.

Other Abilities

Skills
Logical Reasoning: Introduced to intellectual activities such as Chess at an early age, Kendrick has acquired a more logical and rational way to analyze situations, carefully raising up all of the possible actions and all of the possible outcomes to said actions. If not in a more prideful and angry mood, people can bet every decision of his has been thought about narrowly.

"The Art of Business" Before Rupert Haywood completely vanished from his son's life, he was sure to give Kendrick through lessons in the art of negotiations, also the art of manipulation to an extent. Despite the couple of 'bad' advices tangled in those lessons, some more useful things such as analyzing your partners behaviour and being always ready with plan B's no matter how certain things seem, have given Kendrick a certain stubbornness and toughness when dealing with more business-like situations. Some people might be in for a surprise, in case they let the whole teenager thing fool them.
Kendrick is also an avid user of the 'Risk x Profit' business-like trail of thought. If the risk is higher than the possible profit in a situation, that is deemed a bad move to do. However, if the opposite is true then that's probably the path he'll choose.

Average Toy Maintenance: Due to the nature of his power, Kendrick doesn't like that any of his toy-friend's stay far from him for very long. Because of that, he has taken it upon himself to learn how to maintain, inspect and fix his toys. He doesn't indulge in sewing, that's Petra's job, but he systematically dusts, cleans, cuts cloth (in case a plush misses a limb or something), re-paints them and messes with the friction mechanisms to get miniature cars rolling again.
Tasks that require further expertise, cutting plastic for example, are normally assigned to someone else and the toys are only even taken to an actual toy hospital in very extreme cases. Kendrick can't help but worry endlessly until they come back.

Loadout
As much as an habit as it is a necessity, hidden inside a backpack or simply following him around, the teen brings a couple of his friends along no matter where he goes. To avoid picking favorites and risk weakening the bond he has with them, the boy has set up a rotation system to track who came along, to where and when.
Ted is always a given though, even when under strict parental vigilance. There's absolutely no way Kendrick can leave the house without it.

A Brief Run-out of their Capabilities under Kendrick's Ability Influence, Separated by Type

Plushes:
Huggable, lovable, soft and as expected, not very good for damage. A plush's attack is more startling than anything and the equivalent of having someone wearing cotton filled gloves or slippers punch/kick you. However, since they're all squish and soft they make a good line of defense against close combat (unless you're dealing with cutting/piercing weapons, that's dangerous) and, oh! did I mention having a plush suddenly attack you is weird?
The bigger plushes aren't very stealthy and certainly don't blend in the background very well. Other thing to pay attention to is the amount of effort and pressure over seam intersections, specially the spots were the limbs or neck are connected to the body. Putting too much effort can cause the thread to snap and open a hole from where the stuffing cotton can fall out of. Once they lose enough stuffing to become unable to move, they 'die'.

Miniatures:
As the category suggests, these are small versions of things from reality, more specifically vehicles. There are cars, trucks, trains even airplanes and they're made of various materials, usually plastic or a metal. Some of them can shoot little projectiles that are more annoying than hurtful, depending of the size. Having one of these build momentum and crash into someone though is bound to hurt, specially if they're the metal ones. Watch your feet!
Plastic can hold out against knifes and the sort better than the plushes, but they don't stand a chance against guns or any kind strong hit. The thinner and weaker the plastic, the faster it can break. Metal can take a shot better. Granted, it might bend the surface, there's no leaving without damage, but hey! It works! ...Kinda.

Figures:
Kind of an ample category, but making contrast with miniatures, it is the portrayal of people or animals that were meant to be toys in the first place. Most figures, as well as plushes, are ideal for sharing vision with, however they're far better than their 'fluffy cousins' when it comes to stealth because they're easier to take for decoration. Really, would you ever suspect that a cute little plastic kitten on top of the shelf is actually spying on you?
By themselves, most figures are nothing but a nuisance, certainly great to plot distractions while something else is happening. Having five of these at once though, could be rather intimidating depending on the foe. These are normally made of plastic, more sturdier than the plastic toy cars are made of, but still plastic meaning they can't take much damage. One shot could be taken fairly well, but certainly not a second one. If they're made of wood though, they might have a better chance at defense.

Others:
The category of those that don't fit in (Kidding!). It goes from things that weren't supposed to be seem as toys, like Kefir the metal lion, to board games and pastime toys, like the Chess set or Spiral the Slinky.
Proficiencies and deficiencies change for every toy in this category, being able to even culminate on completely new functions.

Yes I keep a list of his toys, yes I'll also shove it in somewhere later

Kkushmar Kkushmar
I take it from the description that Landen's muscles automatically adapt to be able to do things that he sees (for example, if his muscles are of average ability but he watches an archer draw a 75-pound bow, he will adapt and become strong enough to do it himself). Is that correct? If so, two follow-up questions: does that hurt?? And what is the limit of strength he can gain from this ability, if it is not enough to lift a truck?
Supporting power A: How much more quickly does he recover from exertion and injury, in terms of average human healing (half-again as fast, twice as fast, three times as fast, etc)?
I like that he has limited storage space. I have a suggestion: rather than a timer on each movement he has seen, specify that watching movement always takes up space in his brain, even if it is something like opening a fridge door. This could open the possibility of getting overloaded by people doing average tasks, but still allow him to retain movements in his long-term memory by practicing them - if he can watch himself do it.

He would not be able to use the 75-pound bow on the merit of his power alone, he might be able to copy the technique and adapt it to a 40-pound bow though! His muscles adapt in terms of reflex and flexibility, to allow him to perform maneuvers and acrobatics he never has before, almost like the muscles store information as well. You could also say he never pulls a muscle lol. It does not hurt, but he might get very sore the next day if he performs an outlandish stunt.

Supporting power A: He heals twice as fast as the average human, but when asleep. If he falls into a comatose-like state from a severe injury though, he could heal in a day as his body is on full drive to repair itself from the inside. Though he might "heal" to be able to continue performing physical motions with ease, things like bruises or minor cuts might remain unaffected by this power as they have no effect on the main power. So to summarize, it would only effect life-threatening or motor incapacitating injuries.

Not sure exactly what you mean for the limited storage space. Is your idea that he would lose learned motions when he gets overloaded? If it is I do like that, but my original idea wasn't really on a timer (should have worded it better), I more so meant that in that time he had received so much motor information that unused motions get pushed out.

(Also I think i might change his codename to copycat?)

Last edited:
Fall break is this weekend, which I forgot about. How do you each feel about October 8 as an opening date for the thread?

I'mma post this again with the rest of the fields filled in. Will edit again if there is any feedback :)
Tomcat

Name: Landen "Lan" Avilov​
Power: Photographic Reflexes​
Limiter:​
Appearance

Race
Russian Panamanian American

Hair
Black

Eyes
Chestnut brown

Height
5'11

Figure
Slim toned

Personality

Street-Smart
Landen has the experience and knowledge necessary to deal with the potential difficulties or dangers of life in an urban environment. He spent many years dealing with criminals from a young age, and easily knows how to avoid unnecessary attention on the street.

Absentminded
Landen often shows an inattentive disposition, especially when being lectured or yelled at. It could be because of his power that he is always lost in his head, imagining dancing to Dua Lipa from a choreo video he had seen earlier.

Rebellious
Landen was always one to resist authority, usually to spite the system that made living life difficult for him and his mom.

Arrogant
Landon has seen a lot of success being a cat burglar, easily evading the authorities, and easily learning new tricks to boast his ego. He often underestimates trouble due to his core belief that he can just watch someone else do it before he has to.

Biography

History
Born to a Russian immigrant single mother and a Panamanian father he had never met, Landen grew up a delinquent in Brighton Beach, New York City, involved in several petty crimes in an attempt to help his mother make ends meet. His mother, however, had hoped for a better future for her son and naively arranged for a favor from the Russian mafia, the Bratva, to gain financial support while Landen was in school. They were treated well for a few years, but when Landen found out about the debt he and his mother owed, and the pressure she was under, he decided to meet with the Bratva behind his mother’s back.

During his teenage years, Landen has grown to become a notorious cat burglar who stole a variety of trinkets and antiques which he sold to the Bratva. Sometimes he would even break into luxury cars using tricks he learned from videos he watched on youtube. He had easily evaded the authorities for years and had an exceptionally successful experience stealing. Unbeknownst to him at the time, Landen’s success came to him because he had the power to perfectly perform actions he had observed, in person or on video. He spent many afternoons watching parkour, urban climbing, skywalking videos, lockpicking tutorials, and other forms of acrobatics.

The debt was fully paid by the time Landen had graduated high school, though his mother was entirely kept in the dark about how that was accomplished. But even with the debt paid, the Bratva were not ready to let go and pressured Landen to work for them full time, and he did for a time. Now with more access to the operations of the Bratva, Landen got glimpses into the much darker parts of the mafia: kidnapping, torture, and murder. Rogue super-powered individuals were extorted by Bratva for their abilities, and Landen quickly realized that had he not agreed to work for them, he would have most likely been extorted too. Landen ignored all of it for a time, but the breaking point came when he saw a friend he had made in the Bratva, Oleg, be tortured, accused of losing a shipment to the authorities. Oleg would be thrown in a cell later and tortured again the next day. Landen wanted to rescue him, but the cell guard was a powered individual and Landen could not guarantee Oleg would survive the encounter. Reluctantly, Landen called for help.

Commonwealth representatives rushed the building the next day, due to the amount of rogue super-powered individuals on the premises, they had full jurisdiction over the property and incapacitated and arrested everyone, including Landen. In a way, this event earned Landen his freedom from the Bratva, but at the cost of losing it to Commonwealth when it was finally confirmed to him that he did in fact possess the A6G23 gene.

For the next few years, Landen had been forced to attend training, and despite Commonwealth’s good faith in not incarcerating Landen for his past crimes, he had been less than thankful and had skipped many training sessions, resulting in a tracking device being placed on him, making it very difficult for him to make living stealing again. His mother who now knows what he has been up to all these years barely speaks to him, and his only companion at the time was Oleg, who was thankful to him for saving his life.

Oleg was the Bratva’s gadgeteer for many years, a genius in his own right, but forced to work for them with his life threatened daily. He had assembled a variety of inventions to help the rogue superpowered members control their powers, and a variety to help the unpowered ones match up. Things went sour for him when he tried to find a way out and tried to involve the authorities during a drug deal, but evidently, this attempt failed. Now given his freedom from the Bratva, he vowed to use his genius for good, starting with Landen.

Oleg spent many afternoons pestering Landen, trying to convince him to work for Commonwealth despite their reputation and earn his blue card so he can make a living helping people like he helped Oleg. Oleg had built a suit for Landen, one equipped with various tools to help Landen match up with supers ranked higher than he is, soundproof material, night vision goggles, a tool belt, and a sort of cybernetic tail. Landen thought it was a joke, however, it looked like a really tight cat costume, probably Oleg’s poor interpretation of a cat burglar. Besides, Landen was not interested in the life of a vigilante due to the danger they are constantly under, and Landen thought that his power would never be on par with the rogue supers causing havoc out there.

One day during training, Landen was made to watch a video of capoeira dancers and asked to mimic it, which he had flawlessly, made to understand just how large the potential of his powers are, and how many fighting techniques he could master and combine at once. So, Landen agreed and asked to work for Commonwealth as an agent while he worked on earning his blue card, which Oleg was ecstatic about. Though Landen was not ready to wear the cat costume just yet…

Relationships
  • Lana Avilov: Landen's mother. Naively got herself and her son involved with the Bratva mafia in hopes to ensure a better future for her son.
  • Oleg Matinovich: Once a reluctant gadgeteer for the Bratva and a friend to Landen, now a free man to use his genius as he chooses - and he chooses to do so by making a business off of making gadgets for licensed vigilantes.

Superpowers

Main Power
Photographic Reflexes: Landen is able to perfectly copy any physical motion after seeing it performed. Landen's body is extremely adaptive, and constantly changes within to meet the motor requirements of the physical motions he observes.

Supporting Power A: Regeneration Equilibrium: When awake, his brain continually feeds his muscles with information, allowing his muscles to recover quickly when asleep. When Landen is injured severely, however, his body shuts down in a semi-comatose like state. To the observer, it would look as if he had passed out, but within, his body is repairing the damage. What is happening, is his body "adapting" and making changes within to meet the motor requirements of the physical motions he had observed while awake.

Supporting Power B: Enhanced Physiology: Landen's muscles continuously adapt as he observes physical motions of others, gifting him with peak human reflexes, flexibility, and speed, even when not performing these physical actions himself.

Limitations
List and describe a minimum of three limitations to your character's powers. This would be any 'rules' it follows, such as being ineffective on certain targets or past a certain distance. Keep each weakness or limitation clearly separate and organized.

Limitation 1: Not every physical motion is as useful as it is when he mimics it without the required knowledge. For example, he might be able to perfectly copy the key strokes on a keyboard that he observed a computer programmer do, but he would not know what those keystrokes do, or how to leverage this copied motion to be useful to him without having computer programming knowledge himself.

Limitation 2: He has a sort of limited photogenic reflex storage, and can actually forget how to mimic certain motions if he does not continue to practice them. For example, he might have observed someone play a song on the guitar, and perfectly mimic it, but he might not remember how to do so if he didn't play it in a few months - after he had observed and mimicked other motions that took the space in this "storage" and pushed the song playing motion out.

Limitation 3: He can mimic motions, not powers or physical strength. For example, if he observed a man lift a truck, he would not be able to lift the truck himself as he does not possess the required strength.

Other Abilities

Skills
+ Skills observed with his power
+ Lockpicking understanding
+ Negotiating with street criminals

Loadout
Landen owns a cybernetic catsuit made of sound absorbent material which allows him to run around silently. The material also allows him to have better grip on smooth surfaces. The hood on the suit is equipped with night vision goggles and cat ears that can pick up radio signals. The suit is attached with a utility belt and pouches for him to place things like miniature smoke bombs or throwing needles, and to it is attached a cybernetic tail that Landen can use as a short range grapple or an additional limb.

Augmentations
None, Landon is either wearing his suit, or isn't.

Also just a heads up as its probably poor timing from me, I am keen on joining this RP but I am on vacation from the 15 to 23 of October. I will try to log in during, but it would be difficult.

Last edited:
I have family over that weekend but I could probably get something written up on the monday

Oh! I should mention btw! If anyone making an Agent character and wants to discuss prior relationships with Millicent? Shoot me a PM or something and we can go over things! <3

Anytime to start is fine with me. Whatever day works for y'all!

Also, here's my character sheet. Sorry it took awhile. Got a little distracted with cyberpunk when gathering some inspiration for potential cybernetics. Still a wip mainly with the relationship tab but everything else is just about done.

Iris
Name: Mako Shimontia​
Power: Power Draining/Healing​
Limiter: Inactive​
Appearance

Race
Japanese

Hair
Brown

Eyes
Brown

Height
5'7"

Figure
130 lbs. Mako has an athletic build due to the PT requirements when she was on a SWAT unit with the SFPD. Though she is not required of it anymore, she continues to work out to better improve on herself.

Notes
Mako has two tattoos. She has a hibiscus flower on her right lower forearm just before hand. The tattoo was picked up to match with her sister. Though it's a simple design with no meaning thought of when they agreed on it, Mako likes to relate it to her sister, staring down at it and lightly caressing it. The second is a frog in a warm teacup on her upper right forearm. This tattoo was picked out of a catalog, originally just a frog, it was modified to be bathing in a teacup when she got the hibiscus flower.

Personality

Compassionate
With her previous job as a police officer, she spent majority on patrol in her assigned precinct. With her interactions with the public as a police officer, Mako took the time to show those she comes in contact with that she cares for them. From the people she has to arrest, the citizens she interacts with, her peers, to her sister.

Enthusiastic
Mako is very energetic, choosing to show that by expanding her experiences or giving her insights to those she comes in contact with. She is eager to expand on her life experiences and try out new things.

People Pleaser
Sometimes, her compassion may become a problem as she over extends her help to others. Oftentimes, she may find herself balancing someone’s problems with her own as she has yet to set boundaries.

Disorganized
Despite being as enthusiastic as she is, it doesn’t extend to every part of her life. With her previous job as a police officer, her disorganization shows as case notes, tickets and paperwork were a mess. She often held off on processing some paperwork till the very last minute, causing her unnecessary stress.

Biography

History
On the day she was born, Mako wasn’t subjected to a happy welcoming as she was born in a terrorist takeover in the hospital she was born in. During her birth, her father had been occupied with running negotiations with the terrorist cell, trying to negotiate for the release of patients. However, as negotiations failed, the police on scene attempted a breach, failing as multiple officers were injured, forcing them to pull out. Shortly after her birth, her mother would be executed.

Due to the self blame and new responsibilities of having to raise two daughters on his own, Mako’s father, Ryota, had to send off the oldest, Kai, to a relative in San Francisco. For the first few years, Mako lived without knowing her older sister. It wasn’t until she came back after four years of being away to visit when Mako began to make attempts at warming up to Kai. Though, being across the Pacific, it was pretty rare for the two to maintain contact unless Mako annoyed her father enough to make a call.

Her powers were no secret in the family as her and Kai both had draining abilities they inherited from their father. Though, Mako was more of a special type than the other two. Her abilities also allowed her the capability of restoration, whether it be vitality of a normal being, or the life force of super enhanced humans that relied on it for effectiveness of their abilities.

Her childhood was relatively normal. As Ryota was a single father, he often took her along to work. After the hostage incident, he resigned as an inspector, only to return to the police as a mechanic for the police fleet. During this time, street racing was an issue. He mostly worked on interceptors and other patrol cars, tuning them to keep up with most vehicles. Some of his work rubbed off onto Mako as she took an interest in the tuned vehicles. She often accompanied him when he tracked the police units and watched as he worked on the units. When she got older, she tagged along with a few officers when they tracked their units. Learning to drive with them, she was taught the basics of race lines and maneuvering at high speeds. She even snuck off with some officers to ride along with them. Though they weren’t taking her on chases or active scenes, it was enough to influence Mako in her future choices when she decided to become a cop herself.

After finishing secondary school, she enrolled in a university at San Francisco as a psychologist. At this time, Kai was on her own, working her way up in the ranks of the SFPD. So, Mako left Osaka and moved in with Kai in San Francisco. During her time in the US, she had classes towards a degree in psychology as well as side classes required of her from the government. With her abilities, she was ranked D1.

For the first few months, she attended school, rarely seeing Kai as she was promoted to a detective just a month after she moved in. Shortly after being promoted, Kai was working overtime on a gang investigation. However, after three months of being there, Kai was kidnapped and tortured by the gang she was investigating, the Brawns.

After the incident and Kai was left injured, Mako took some time off school, dropping some classes so she could focus on taking care of Kai both physically and mentally. Though, even after she went back on duty just a month after, Mako still worried for her sister. She couldn’t help but feel as if she could do something to keep her safe.

So, in a rash decision, she dropped out of university at 21, enlisting in the police force shortly after. The decision didn’t fly too well with Kai as she knew some of the dangers of just being a police officer. However, she couldn’t sway her to change her mind.

Her police career with the SFPD lasted for four years. In those four years, she reached the rank of corporal. Her enhanced abilities also landed her a spot on a super enhanced SWAT unit that were deployed on incidents with rouge supers.

Though, she was recently called on by the Commonwealth to aid in an operation, putting a hold on her police career as she heads off to the eastern coast of Baltimore.

Relationships
  • Kai Shimontia: Mako’s older sister, Kai is 5 years older than Mako. She is an investigator with the SFPD in the major crimes division, focusing on major robberies and homicides. She is also a super, ranked at C1.
  • You can consolidate this list if your character knows a lot of people or has a big family, or if you're lazy like me.

Superpowers

Power Draining/Healing
The core of Mako’s abilities is to drain the life force out of her opponents through touch or a siphon that links her to her target. With the excess she drains, she can heal her allies through marks that drain a target and restore those that engage them, shields that protect from a barrage of attacks that drain attackers and restore those protected, and creating a field that heals those in range, including opposing targets.

Limitations

Limitation 1: Mako’s healing is based on her own life force as she restores others from her own pool, draining her of her own life force when in use. Overuse of her abilities without switching offensive to replenish her own life force will hinder the effectiveness of her healing abilities, her own strength and vitality, and rendering her unconscious if overused.

Limitation 2: Some of her healing abilities may affect enemies if they are close enough to their range, forcing her to refrain from certain healing abilities if in close quarters with enemies.

Limitation 3: Certain abilities require an incantation. Though short, she is out of the fight for the brief period and is susceptible to interruption which can hinder the ability’s effectiveness or prevent its effects.

Other Abilities

Skills
Vehicle pursuit: From her teenaged years to her career as a police officer, Mako has experience in vehicle pursuits. She has knowledge of racing lines, cornering, high speed maneuvering and vehicle takedowns.
Aikido/Taiho-jutsu: During her teens when she was hanging out at the police station her father worked, Mako recieved training in both aikido and taiho-jutsu from the police officers she hung out with. She is proficient in grappling and baton usage to apprehend targets.
Firearms Training: Mako is proficient with her service pistol from the police training received in San Francisco.

Loadout
Lightweight body armor: Mako's body armor is capable of stopping low caliber rounds fired from pistols or .22 weapons. Preventing gunshot wounds, she will still be affected by the impact of the round wherever it hits.
Arm and knee pads
Service Pistol
Baton
Taser

Augmentations
None

Users who are viewing this thread

Back