ooc ❆

@Smol Unicorn I'm figuring out where to send Lindy & Rory - do you think Anna & her kids are at the same bakery that Bailey works at, or nah?

@Dracogenius please, i bayleef in you!! òvó b bye i'll show myself out now back to digital painting hell

wow so I didn't think trying to cut 'n paste was going to be that much of a pain, but it was and I am never wanting to do that again for the next time I'm like, "hey, that sentence fits better over there than here!"

therefore if there are any errors in gabe's post, please hmu because it probably got butchered by a copy and paste mechanic that did not understand that i copied three sentences not three paragraphs (literally)

now. i have 0 clues where to put alex but i'm gonna start writing up something for her tomorrow after music lessons, so if someone wants some interaction i'll gladly send her your way! 

@Smol Unicorn I'm figuring out where to send Lindy & Rory - do you think Anna & her kids are at the same bakery that Bailey works at, or nah?

@Dracogenius please, i bayleef in you!! òvó b bye i'll show myself out now back to digital painting hell

I believe so! owo

wheeze that turned out way longer than I thought it would, but at least now all three of my active characters are available for interaction LOL

I'll wait a little bit before I post for Ariel again, in case anyone else wants to hop to the cafe they sloshed into.

Darcy was gonna be all Casual DadTM and at least smile & wave at Anna until I realized that Gabe was there and decided to make him panic instead, oops.

kinda laughing that everyone's got the same (good) idea of: cold weather + warm food/drink = cafe or bakery = good place to congregate

wheeps.

i would like to start off alex before responding w/ gabriel but... sweats

that was faster than i expected

So, I finished Alex's post - not the proudest of things, but I got it done because I knew I wanted to have it up before posting a response with gabe, but before I do that, I would like to weigh in on whether or not I should wait for other responses before I dive into it. If anyone does mind me posting a response with Gabriel, do say something before I do. Just wanna make sure we're all up to date and kinda on the same track. At the same time, I can't wait forever, therefore I won't wait forever. 

idk how else to end this post. maybe everything feels odd to write rn. that would suck. 

edit: i should also mention that i spent too long trying to figure out some kind of parody to real-world names. it would've been easier if i didn't, but where's the fun in that? i 10/10 encourage parody names, but let's not start getting too many parodies on the same thing. keepin' 'em separate 'n all, if that makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for not responding yet guys, I got super stressed out last week with jury service and class projects and I just got sick this weekend. I'll try to have something up by tomorrow ;;w;;

I noticed I have a bad habit of drawing galaxies on my drawing tablet when I'm sick which is really weird but therapeutic??? 

@Smol Unicorn oh no!! are you feeling better? I swear, everyone I know is getting sick this time of year! the stress certainly doesn't help your immune system :c

galaxies are beautiful and therapeutic on their own; drawing them is even better * ^*

@Smol Unicorn oh no!! are you feeling better? I swear, everyone I know is getting sick this time of year! the stress certainly doesn't help your immune system :c

galaxies are beautiful and therapeutic on their own; drawing them is even better * ^*

Bit by bit, yes! It sucks since it's mostly a head cold, so my head just feels congested and I'm coughing up a snowstorm. I'm weird too, I rarely ever get sick. It gives me a great excuse to chug my tea without my family judging me though *u*

@Smol Unicorn I'm still laughing at "coughing up a snowstorm", but I hope you'll be better soon!! tea makes everything better :3c

@FireMaiden @Safety Hammer just a heads-up - please don't speed-post! I don't know if your current interaction pattern is going to keep up, but there are three other roleplayers at the Peter Pan bakery, and it's rude to ignore them. please give everyone at the location a chance to respond, and don't monopolize the place; I'm sure you're eager to interact, but they're not the only ones in the building!

@Smol Unicorn I'm still laughing at "coughing up a snowstorm", but I hope you'll be better soon!! tea makes everything better :3c

@FireMaiden @Safety Hammer just a heads-up - please don't speed-post! I don't know if your current interaction pattern is going to keep up, but there are three other roleplayers at the Peter Pan bakery, and it's rude to ignore them. please give everyone at the location a chance to respond, and don't monopolize the place; I'm sure you're eager to interact, but they're not the only ones in the building!

If you don't mind me asking, but why? Tyr is not interacting with anyone other than Bailey. I don't see why I should wait for someone else who is not involved with the conversation. Plus, I'm sure that about half an hour is long enough.

@Safety Hammer Alright. Tyr is only interacting with Bailey. Bailey is technically interacting with three other people. You may only be interacting with one, but someone else is interacting with three. Truly, you may be valid since you could only respond to one person, but if one person is constantly responding back to you while three other people are around, then the other three interacting are simply going to be out of the loop.

So, you are solely only interacting with firemaiden while other roleplayers are at the the same scene. Interaction and time is being pushed by a working force of you and firemaiden. You may not be interacting with anyone else, but firemaiden is. However, firemaiden then responds to you, giving you the chance to respond, and then it's just ping-pong thereafter until either of the other three roleplayers at the scene respond. The build up could be ridiculous after all, especially if an action Tyr does prompts Bailey to change what they're doing and vice-versa, while characters off on the sideline are just waiting.

To keep up means rapid-firing posting by other members. Your interactions, even with solely one other roleplayer, can disrupt the others at the scene. Does that... make any sense? im sorry if it doesn't i totally wrote this w/o discussing w/ wisp. this means they may have a different reason behind discouraging such

edit: i guess in short all i'm trying to say is that by responding to firemaiden whenever they respond back to you immediately, the two create rapid posting. this would apply to anyone else in a situation where there are other roleplayers at the scene, yet only two are constantly throwing replies at each other, essentially drowning out others.

@Safety Hammer Draco explained it perfectly; if you guys were the only ones in the building, this would be fine! however, Gabe and Rory went in to order, and Tyr didn't even acknowledge that they were up at the counter to begin with. we have responsibilities, work, and school offline; not everyone can respond right away, and it's not fair to dismiss them for that!! this isn't something that's only applying to you and FireMaiden; this applies to everyone in the roleplay. I've seen a good number of roleplays be monopolized by two players rapidly interacting, and all we're asking is that you wait for the other people in the area to post as well - not even everyone in the roleplay. this isn't a matter of "I waited 30 minutes" - which, as I said, people are busy! 30 minutes doesn't really give anyone else in the building time to respond if they're offline or can only pop in to see what's going on, but not type a response. (and when I say monopolized, I just mean it as the majority of posts and actions end up with just two people, leaving, as Draco said, other people out of the loop and confused when they get back online.)

we want everyone to have a good time, but not at the expense of the other players getting left behind. I've been debating whether or not to allow people to create 1x1 threads in the IC area - however, I'm still working out details on that.  (that way, for example you and FireMaiden would be able to continue roleplaying at the faster pace, without having to worry about other players.) I just need to figure out how that would affect the plot & timeline as a whole. (if anyone has any suggestions, fire away! I want those of you who post quicker to have something to do as well!)

If I may, and I don't want to sound rude because I do completely understand the rapid posting bit (I'm in many roleplays where I get a bit lost when everyone is posting quickly) but I don't see how three post would really count as rapid posting. Especially since it has been a few days since there was a post for Rory and Gabe (again, I understand that rl can get in the way of posting, still not trying to be rude) and not to mention, the first few post in about two days. I just wanted to reply to Safety because I felt it would be rude to go and completely ignore him, making him wait. I wanted to give him something to reply to, and I did. Hense him responding as quickly as he did. So, in short, I don't think a quick three post interaction would really disrupt the interaction Bailey was having, and still is even if her attention was briefly turned to another person, since neither of the two who came in before Tyr had ordered just yet. I don't plan on replying again until both of you have a post up  ^_^

@Safety Hammer Draco explained it perfectly; if you guys were the only ones in the building, this would be fine! however, Gabe and Rory went in to order, and Tyr didn't even acknowledge that they were up at the counter to begin with. we have responsibilities, work, and school offline; not everyone can respond right away, and it's not fair to dismiss them for that!! this isn't something that's only applying to you and FireMaiden; this applies to everyone in the roleplay. I've seen a good number of roleplays be monopolized by two players rapidly interacting, and all we're asking is that you wait for the other people in the area to post as well - not even everyone in the roleplay. this isn't a matter of "I waited 30 minutes" - which, as I said, people are busy! 30 minutes doesn't really give anyone else in the building time to respond if they're offline or can only pop in to see what's going on, but not type a response. (and when I say monopolized, I just mean it as the majority of posts and actions end up with just two people, leaving, as Draco said, other people out of the loop and confused when they get back online.)

we want everyone to have a good time, but not at the expense of the other players getting left behind. I've been debating whether or not to allow people to create 1x1 threads in the IC area - however, I'm still working out details on that.  (that way, for example you and FireMaiden would be able to continue roleplaying at the faster pace, without having to worry about other players.) I just need to figure out how that would affect the plot & timeline as a whole. (if anyone has any suggestions, fire away! I want those of you who post quicker to have something to do as well!)

I think FireMaiden has a good point. If you haven't posted a response to her character in a few days, we should not have to wait for you to get online. I understand. I have school as well. But if you are not ready to respond at least once a day, that person that you are rp-ing with should have the right to talk to someone else. I agree, I do not like to be left behind, but if I can't catch up on stuff because of life, it is 100% my fault and no one else's. I don't know what you have to do every day, but I feel it is somewhat unrealistic to expect people to stop what they are doing just so they can wait for you. But that's just opinion. And at the end of the day, you are the GM. So, I will follow this rule, but I hope that you will now understand where my confusion and distaste for this rule comes from.

@FireMaiden @Safety Hammer The ping that Wisp made was meant as a heads-up; we could have left you two alone, but there was uncertainty in whether or not either of you knew about the situation. The post made was more of a warning than anything else. We were definitely afraid that it would keep going if we turned an eye from it, it would get out of control. A safety measure more than anything else. 

Has this been addressed properly and settled? I wish to make sure we're all on the same page is all. 

totally forgot to mention when I initially posted for Ariel; @Miss Obsess @JPax - Ariel is pretty much blatantly staring at the other patrons of the café since their social skills are severely underdeveloped and I didn't feel like that was clear in their post!

I've become one of those people that can feel a storm coming in their bones... I'm too young for this LOL

I'm gonna go ahead and do up a post for Rory once I get a couple of other things done - with a brief mention of Lindy, who's still literally chilling outside - so we can keep the inside of the bakery moving a bit!

(and hopefully give an opening for Anna or one of her kids to interact with Lindy in the process ovo)

totally forgot to mention when I initially posted for Ariel; @Miss Obsess @JPax - Ariel is pretty much blatantly staring at the other patrons of the café since their social skills are severely underdeveloped and I didn't feel like that was clear in their post!

Oh. Well, that doesn't do me any good... it's unlikely that either of my characters will approach Ariel or whatever just because they're awkward, so I'm stuck...

Oh. Well, that doesn't do me any good... it's unlikely that either of my characters will approach Ariel or whatever just because they're awkward, so I'm stuck...

Same, my character is working on a book, I don't really see how she'd start interacting with someone else

The cafe sitting around in awkward silence it seems.

iirc you three are at the cafe no?

maybe i should've dropped alex off there OTL

Just a friendly statement to remind anyone who has broken posts to clean them up and fix them! That's if you can. I don't think anything really got messed up in the roleplay other than wisp's pretty opening post stuff, but I suppose I could've missed some things. That's all!

Woo! We're all back and I can finally get a reply out once I have the free time!

Users who are viewing this thread