• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Ongoing Robotech game looking for new players

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings. I am currently running a Robotech game set in the Sentinels saga using the second edition rules, and have a few openings for new players. We are in the middle of 4th level, and I am willing to work with just about anyone. If you are interested, please feel free to post here or send me a PM and I can give you more info.

Here is a bump on this thread. One new player that I had has vanished after only a few posts, so I still have a desire to add some new people.

*does a backflip to draw attention*

Well, once again, I'm down to just three players. While that is enough to run the game, I would enjoy having another person or two to add into the game.

Can I interest anyone in this?

Come join us!

See miraculous places! Meet curious people! Shoot creepy insects!

I never really lost interest. But my schedule has been kicking my butt for the past couple of months especially and it's made it challenging to meaningfully participate in a way that isn't (1) potentially confusing for me and (2) a risk to tanking the pace of the game. I don't have a solution at this time, other than being an avid reader and fan.

It is indeed a great game and well worth the participation of others.

Oh your still reading? Lovely! I'll try to keep Grumpy's hijinx up when I can.

Lets bump this to the top and see if I can't get any interest.

Yes indeed. For some reason, I just can't seem to get more than my small, core group of two active players and a third that is less active. Everyone else just seems to fizzle out on me in short order.

I'd hop back in myself, but my posting rate in your Atlantis game is about what I'm up for. Given how fast it moved last time I was in it, I don't like being the brake on everyone's good pace.

I'll echo my earlier remarks, though; this is a great game and well worth joining for players who are up for several posts a day.

Probably the rules... off putting to a lot of players!

Just saw Epiphany's post... several a day? I still maintain a day job, would that be a problem?

I post a lot due to the fact that I'm a stay at home dad and have lots of time on my hands to be involved in a bunch of games. If you can only post in the evenings or once every few days, that would be enough to keep up. If there is ever a time your schedule won't let you post for a while, just tell me so I don't wonder what happened.

Oh a couple a day I can manage pretty easily. But spread out is all. And yeah, there would def be times I'd have to bow out for trips and such, can play that by ear.

Then I would be happy to add a new member to the team.

How much (if any) experience do you have with Robotech?

With the game itself, a la dice rolls and combat turns?... not much tbh, at least not since I was a kid.

'Plenty' of experience with character creation though for some reason... lots of false starts in PbP'ing. For much the same reasons you're seeing.

With the setting and storyline? All over it (at least at the high level). Was a huge fan of the non-canon books when I was younger and ofc the TV show.

Favorite era was the Sentinels. Still have the version 1 sentinels sourcebook! But I'm flexible can work with whatever you have in mind.

The game is in the first stages of the Sentinels campaign to liberate the various worlds from the Invid. All the races are available to play except for the Bear Men; they are too big to fit in a veritech.

I have a bunch of character creating stuff posted in the Characters thread, showing what MOS packages are allowed.

Not familiar with this site, just joined today after finding this thread in a google search. There a key word I can search to find the Characters thread?

Oh and of the new books, I've only got Shadow Chronicles, Masters, and Macross (although I've got a ton of the old palladium books). That a problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back