• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other One year, one game a month! [image heavy, horror-y]

Gothy

Heyo! I've not been active much here, trying to remedy that a bit though. I'm gothy. Or Gothy, I go by both it just depends on how grammatically inclined you are.
Anyway! I thought I'd share my project/idea for the next year.

So far, I've succeeded in making broken games and demos and a few alphas. Got that down pat. I'm real good at writing out a concept, then over-complicating it and scaring myself into thinking "I can't do this, it's too much!" and not going any further. Like I say, I've a broken alpha out at the mo, and frankly I don't wanna fix it (lol). I've written bits and pieces over the years, some interactive fiction etc, which I'm still planning on doing. But, my project for the next year-ish is to make a game a month, roughly.

So the first product of this idea is almost out and ready to play, I'm in the final stage of bug-testing. Warning here, the game is a horror so if that sort of thing squicks you don't go any further. But, here's some bits and pieces from the game.

Tease4.gif
Tease7.gif
tease9.gif
title.gif

So, obviously it's called Graven. I've already written out a game to do this month - I started this one on the 8th of September, and I'm just about ready to release it. It's a folk horror, based on a weird nightmare I had. I'm trying to hone my art and my coding because I am not great at coding and want to get better. This is the first game I've coded from scratch and so far, there's been no issues. But I can't really show off my code so just take my word for it, lol.

As an aside, if you like this and wanna see more, my blog has a lot of stuff including some progress/process images and links to elsewhere.

And a final funny addition: some mishaps that occurred while I was busy making the code for this. Nothing ever goes right, eh?
whoops.gif
This is "comebackhere.gif"

mmmnotquite.gif
and this is "notquite.gif". I had the centering wrong on the lighting engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back