• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern one x one - teen roleplay

"Yess!" Cas responded, thinking that a drink would be nice. I guess that meant he was staying here awhile, which he was perfectly fine with. "Surprise me."

While waiting he pondered for a moment. Though to be candor, he was a little bit nervous about coming here. He figured she was curious about how he won the election, or maybe she just though that everyone in the club voted against her. Either answer didn't end well for him. Though she seemed collected, more curious about him than angry. "So it's at the beginning of the winter months, maybe something along the lines of National Honors Winter Bash or?" He paused, seeing if Skylar would add anything.

"A bash?" She chuckled softly, standing to get him a drink from the mini fridge she shared with her roommate. Her roommate had always stocked it up with various types of alcohol. Taking a beer out of the fridge she walked back to her bed and handed it to him. "How about~ The Great Winter Honors Fundraiser? A bash makes it sound like we cater for either middle schoolers or 60 year olds." She teased, sitting back down next to him. "I've not had much experience organising this sort of stuff." She added.

The girl did contemplate getting a drink for herself, but she wasn't sure if it was a good idea. She was a lightweight, and didn't want to end up being drunk...that was if he was sober.

Cassius gave a confused look, reaching out to take the beer. He was not expecting Skylar to pull out alcohol, but hey he liked being surprised. Slowly he twisted off the cap and took a refreshing sip. The boy hadn't drank anything tonight, just some soda at the restaurant but who was he to turn down a drink?

"Okay that is much better! Pfttt what do you mean? You already came up with a great name, were basically half-way done now." He teased back, tipping the bottle to take another swig. "Now, we gotta get some big names on campus to attend. The richer the attendees the larger the donations." Cas paused, looking at the opposite wall and thinking. "We have to get the word around, and make it desirable. The talk of the campus."

“Indeed we do, maybe you have a knack for this sort of stuff, Cas.” She said with an impressed smile.

“We could always create some sort of social media account for it, maybe even just one for the club. Then we can follow the other clubs and post about the fundraiser. That’ll be a start at least. Then if we figure out some fliers and put them over campus it’ll help, maybe we sort out some sort of prize for the person who gives the biggest donation?” She suggested, looking at him, ideas circling her head.

Cassius grinned at her, his face lit up. He felt generally excited about this. But why? Just yesterday he was plotting ways to ruin the club and get back at his father. Skylar made him feel different, like he was capable of doing things. He pushed the other thoughts to the back of his mind, and decided to not think about them until tomorrow.
"We're geniuses, this event is going to be the event of the semester."

"If you handle the social media, I will make the fliers and secure a prize." Cas was no good at online socializing, and figured Skylar would be much better about it.

With a big smile, Skylar nodded. “Good idea!” She spoke gleefully.

“I’m going to need to buy a special dress for it.” She hummed, “The vice president has to look as beautiful as the president of the club.” She teased, poking his arm gently. Her heart was racing less now, she felt calm and generally just…happy. It was weird, it was like she had nothing specific to be joyful about but she just felt happy. It was really nice, and she figured it had something to do with Cas.

Cas felt the jab and chuckled, "oh it doesn't take the vice president much to look beautiful" It felt strange saying, but it was true, Skylar had a natural beauty to her, where she would look good in anything. Suddenly his phone buzzed again and he pulled it out, a reminder from his professor that an assignment was due at midnight. 10:45.. Damn.

"Sadly I have to go turn in this assignment in, but we're still meeting this weekend right?" Cassius asked, raising an eyebrow at her as he got up to throw the now empty bottle away.

Blushing at his comment still, she nodded slowly. “Yeah, I’ll see you then.” She was sad that he was leaving, she’d have asked him to stay if it didn’t make her seem desperate but he did have a reason for leaving. At least she had the weekend to look forward to.

-

Soon enough Saturday morning came around, Sky glanced at her clock when she awoke. 7:24, hm.

As it was still quite early she got up before sending Cas a quick text,

>Up for meeting today, Cas? (:

Her fingers were crossed that he’d say yes, but as she figured he wouldn’t be awake yet she had a shower and got dressed considering she may see him today. The compliment he gave her days prior replayed in her head as she got ready, each time it circled her head it spurred on a blush and created a smile.

Cas awoke a few hours later, having slept in from the night before. The boy went to hang out with a few friends, no drinking or anything, just a full night of party games and chilling. Besides he felt a little sick of partying, he had done a little too much in the past weeks. The boy rolled over and picked up his phone, giving a sleepy grin to see Skylar had texted him.

>It's a date

He felt himself almost falling asleep again and hurried to send another text before his eyes shut.

>7pm, private library room

Reading his reply, Skylar couldn’t help but wish it was an actual date, but she pushed that thought to the back of her mind.

> See you then (:

With a grin she sat down and began to do a bit of studying, she felt motivated now that she had something to look forward to. Plus, being in a private library room meant it would just be them, and she liked that- no interruptions.

Cassius had a normal day, grabbed some food, spoke with his roommate a bit then headed off to the library around 4 with his laptop and book bag. He wanted to be alone for a few hours before he'd meet up with Skylar, cause with her around, he would surely not be able to focus on homework. In his Lit 205 class they were working on personal narratives, and the professor in the class just told them to write about something that made them excited about life. What a stupid prompt.

There was Cas, sitting in a private library room, staring at his computer, trying to think of what made him "excited for life", well he knew for sure what didn't make him excited.

- Anytime he spoke with his dad
- Thinking about his mom
- Skylar finding out the truth behind the election
- Sorority girls, bleh

His mind getting was a bit off topic with the last ones but he still hated all those things. Instead of writing the essay he opened a new page and began messing around with the layout of a flier. Testing fonts and text sizes, adding in ideas that him and Skylar spoke about yesterday. Doing this made him more excited for life, in fact just being around her- Stop. Stop doing this to yourself. Feeling defeated and seeing the time was getting closer to 7 he texted Skylar.

> Hey, i'm in room 309 in the library, 3rd floor

Sky's whole day revolved around her meeting up with him, she was very excited to say the least. Her roommate caught on to this, Sky wasn't very good at hiding things.

"What's put a pep in your step?" The taller girl asked, to which Sky promptly replied.

"A boy. But that's all I'm telling you." Skylar grinned, shoving a few books into her bag. Feeling her phone buzz in her back pocket, she slid it out and smiled at the name 'Cas' that popped up on the screen.

>On my way, see you soon!! (:

Bad at hiding things. Could you seem any more excited? Hmph.

She slipped on her shoes and pulled on an oversized jacket before heading to the library, walking happily until she arrived at the library, at 7 exactly. The girl walked to the third floor then to room 309. She let out a soft sigh to calm her excitement before opening the door.

"Hi."

Cas looked up at the sound of someone entering the room, he flashed a huge smile, it was Skylar, and she looked radiant as ever.

"Hey, come on in."

The boy was sitting at a rectangular table, the rooms in the library were small, only enough for a small group but it was nice because you could talk at a normal voice instead of whispering in the library main area. He motioned towards a chair that was perpendicular to him at the head of the table. "Instead of working on my homework I was putting together the flier, lemme know what you think." Cas turned his laptop and pushed his screen towards the chair she'd be sitting in.

The Great Winters Honor Fundraiser

Hosted by the Presidential Honors Society

Join us for the event of the semester, a fundraiser at Acolytes Banquet Hall.
Help support various charities and the local community while dancing your heart out.

December 11th - 7pm doors open

Largest donation receives a grand 'thank you' prize

Black Tie Event

Sky grinned, her eyes scanning over it.

“Cas this is amazing.” She said truthfully. “You’ve done a wonderful job, you did to this didn’t you?” She said, not as though she was surprised, more so just teasing him.

“What homework is it?” She asked him out of curiosity, since they’d probably have a lot of the same assignments.

As soon as she sat down she felt so happy, her mind felt happy and she felt so settled and calm…just content.

Cas pulled his laptop back towards him, "thanks and yeah it's just something I threw together. It was a nice distraction from the homework. But oh yeah! It's this assignment from Lit 205, where your supposed to write something that makes you excited about life." He clicked a few things on his computer to save the flier. "I'm not a big fan of the prompt, it seems a little cheesy." The boy bent over and lifted a water bottle out of his backpack to place it on the table. "How about you? Making any ground on the social media page?"

Nodding at his reply, she rested her head on her hand whilst gazing at him.

"Yup!" She sat up straight and pulled out her phone, bringing up a newly established social media page and handing her phone to him. The page overall was just for the club, with their names and their roles in the bio. But it was centred around the fundraiser, "I figured we can change the theme of the account whenever we have an event on, or something like that, and in the meantime it's still there and we can post to keep the club somewhat relevant." She smiled.

At the moment the page was a blue theme. It looked actually quite professional, not too tacky or overdone, it suited the club quite well and already had some of the club members following it. It had a post that basically had information for the club, how to join and what they did. She also followed the popular clubs that were on campus as well and anyone she thought could bring attention to the account. "We can post a picture of the flier once it's completely finished and hopefully people can start spreading the word. I hope it's okay."

Cassius looked at her phone screen, noting to himself that it seemed very professionally done. "Yeah it looks great! I'll just email you the flier to post when it's completely done." He looked back to him computer and let out a sigh, feeling tired of working on classwork for most of the afternoon. It was nice having Skylar in here, which meant he could poke at her, try to find out more about what made the woman tick.

"Soo Miss Vice President, you a townie or are you from out of state?"

"I'm out of state, what about you Mr President?" She grinned at the playfulness, and also being happy that he took an interest in her.

Though she usually wouldn't encourage slacking off of doing work, she was glad that he was taking a break from that so they could talk. All she wanted to do was talk to him, she wanted to learn everything about him.

"I'm actually from in town." He began, not giving the reason as to why he choose this school which was ultimately because his father worked here. "I always liked the school and a lot of my friends went here so I thought, why not?" This was all true, but Cassius wanted to move very far away from here. His indecisiveness about education and a career path hindered that plan, for he would have no where to go and nothing to do. "I'm also indecisive about my future so it made the most sense to stay here." He spoke, wondering if she would then share her reasoning without him prompting it. The undergrad wanted to learn more about her too.

Sky nodded at his reply. "That's a very mature decision. You always have the future to venture out away from here." She smiled.

Whilst Sky would've loved to blurt out everything about herself it seemed like a bit of an odd situation to do that in, and very forward. So, naturally, she tamed it a little.

"I was tempted to stay close to home, there weren't any universities too close to my hometown honestly though. So, I figured if I have to move I may as well move quite a while away and make the most out of being independent." She said slowly, almost as if she was making it up as she went. Which she wasn't, she was just careful with the detail she gave. Truthfully, the life she had in that town was hard. The only thing keeping her there that whole time were her parents and her younger brother, and the fact moving highschools wasn't an option- there was only one in the town. So, her parents understood why she wanted to move, of course it was hard for both her and them but she's glad she did it. Of course, they keep in contact every day.

"I wish I could have moved far away, gone somewhere on the coast or something." He began, thinking of himself in his own apartment and working for a publishing company, a dream he had often. Cassius noticed her tone of voice and wondered if her relationship with her parents was closer, better, which seemed most likely. But the boy always knew that his aspirations would come to fruition some day. Only being a freshman though, it seemed a long way to go.

"What do you want to do after you graduate?"

"Surprisingly I haven't thought much about it. I'm hoping I can do something I love, but sitting in my room writing for a living doesn't seem all that realistic." She exhaled a gentle chuckle. "I will probably end up trying to get an internship somewhere, I may just end up working in a bookstore for the rest of my life. But that doesn't seem so bad." She continued.

"What about you? Do you have your mind set on anything?"

Cas chuckled and leaned back in his chair, pushing away from the table to stretch out his back. "Well if you like to write, you could always become a famous author then make millions from your living room." He spoke, like it was just that easy.

"At first I didn't know, which I why I chose this school, but then over the summer I had an internship at a publishing company where I apprenticed under and editor. Soo I think I want to do something like that." He added, thinking back to how much he learned a few months ago. "But by the time I knew what I wanted I was already registered and set up to go here, and it's a good school, so I just decided to stay."

If you would have told the boy a month ago that he would be running one of the most prestigious clubs on campus as the president though, he would of said you were full of shit. But here he was, sitting in a room, with a girl that he was really starting to like. Who would have thought?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back