• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern one x one - teen roleplay

Slowly, Sky nodded and kept a gentle smile on her face. "You going to wear a suit?" She asked, trying to keep it subtle that she just wanted to see him in a suit again rather than checking for the formality of the event. As she awaited an answer she grabbed a napkin and scribbled down her phone number on it, folding it over and sliding it to him. It was a very bold move for her, sure it wasn't even a romantically fuelled gesture but she'd never usually just slide her number over. Something about Cas made her want to step outside of her comfort zone, and she liked that.

Cas liked the move, taking the napkin from her to place in his pocket, being sure to enter it later on his phone. There was something about Skylar that immensely attracted him, though it was hard to pinpoint exactly why. Maybe he'd enjoy spending these next few weeks with her, and this whole thing wasn't just going to be a huge waste of time. "Oh yeah, it's a dress to the nines occasion." He smirked, picking up his cup again to take a sip. Since sitting here his headache had subsided, not sure if it was the caffeine or the company that distracted him from the pain. "Will I get to see you in a dress again?"

"Is that something you want?" She asked with a smile, sipping her drink to conceal her curiosity. She was pleased to see him put the napkin in his pocket, it would've been embarrassing if her gesture was just ignored. The girl knew she would be wearing a dress, she was just trying to be cheeky and see if he'd even get close to admitting that.

Cassius smiled back, noticing the flirty undertones echoing the conversation. "Why yes, I think it is." He wasn't afraid to tell anyone what he thought, much less a girl he found attractive. Besides, it was the truth, and he even secretly hoped this dress would show a little more but he'd keep that personal wish to himself. "Lets meet this weekend then?" He asked, figuring their time at the coffee shop wouldn't last forever. Cas wasn't sure where she was comfortable meeting so he'd leave that in her hands. He glanced down at his phone, running his finger over it slightly to check the time. He'd forgotten he had a meeting with a professor and didn't want to miss it, again.

"Then I'll wear a dress." She flashed a cheeky grin at him. "This weekend sounds good." She said, standing up. "We could meet up here, grab a coffee and then...see what else we want to do? Can't spend a long time talking about a fundraiser without getting bored, can we, Mr. President?" She teased, sipping the last of her drink. "If you text me we can arrange something properly, I hope that's okay." She continued with a small smile before waving a little and heading out of the door, it seemed like she was in a rush but in reality she had half an hour before she actually had to be somewhere. She just needed to mentally freak out- she felt a strange way about this guy, not in a bad way though. Which was worse, it was strange for her to start getting any sort of feelings for someone after knowing them for such little time. Maybe it was the subtle flirting or the fact he was just very handsome. Either way, she had a hard time blocking him from her mind.

(( "She just needed to mentally freak out" LMAOOOO - Also sorry i've been bad at replying, I work, then I come home and just lay down XD ))

"No worries Skylar, I will text you with the plans." He pointed a finger gun at her playfully with a wink , it was lame but Cas liked to be that way. The boy gave her a wave goodbye and started grabbing his own things before heading out for the rest of the day. The young man had a few classes, then went and got dinner with friends he'd met over the last few weeks. While at dinner Cassius couldn't focus well on anyones conversation, just feeling like he was in a world of his own. There was one person on his mind, Skylar. He didn't even know WHY, he was still planning on sabotaging the club and getting back at his father and most likely making her hate him in the end. But his hand slid to his phone anyway.

>Hey miss vice president

For the rest of the day Sky felt like something was itching, it was the urge to talk to Cas. She wouldn’t have left the coffee shop at all if she didn’t have to, in all honesty -as weird as it may sound- she could’ve sat and stared at him all day long. The girl was constantly checking her phone, seeing if he messaged her. So when he did, her heart skipped what felt like several beats and her fingers hovered over the keyboard as she contemplated what to reply with. She was going to do a classic cheeky ‘sorry, who is this’ but she felt that it may have sounded too serious, so refrained. Soon enough she responded.

>Hello mr president, is there something I can assist you with?

Cassius looked up to mingle with friends while he waited. It was a conversation about an upcoming party this weekend, the boy was sure he'd attend but he didn't feel like contributing to the topic. After a minute he felt his phone buzz, Cas looked down and chuckled slightly at her answer.

>Just wondering what a lit major like yourself does after school hours?

It would be a huge lie if Skylar said she felt nonchalant about texting with Cas. When his reply came through she smiled, it wasn't random messages- it seemed like he was actually taking an interest in her. She told herself not to get her hopes up or get hung up on him but she could feel it happening.

>mainly I spend my time being really cool. but other than that I mainly do work. what does a less cool lit major like yourself do?

Cas read the message, liking her playful manner. Before he replied he looked up at his friends, everyone was already finished eating and he wanted to leave. Besides, he'd been spending enough time with all of them and the brunette was tired, still slightly hungover from yesterday. Quickly he told them he was going to head out for the night and everyone said their goodbyes.

The boy stepped out of the restaurant and into the crisp autumn night, it was quiet in the parking lot and he pulled his phone out to respond on the way to his car.

>Work? Do you ever slow down
>Personally I could be doing more work, after all I have real responsibilities now,... Good thing I have you to help me

Skylar looked at the message on her phone and thought for a second, before standing up from her desk and taking a few strides to her bed, laying down and looking at her phone. With a smile that didn't seem to falter, she replied:

>You didn't have real responsibilities before? Wow, it's a very good job you have me now

She thought for a moment before adding on,

>What are you doing now?

Cas took a seat in his car and shut the door next to him, he fumbled with the keys a bit to start the ignition and cranked the heat up a bit. It wasn't freezing cold out yet, but the nights got rather chilly. He decided to text her before starting out of the parking lot.

>Heading back to campus.
>Wondering if someone is gonna invite me over - If they are not too "busy" of course

The boy hit send, and chuckled a bit. He liked flirting with her, it felt easy, and he hung on every text she sent. It was weird to feel like this, considering the circumstances they met in. It was only the night before where she was standing out in the cold, an angry look on her face when he tried to speak to her. Is this wrong, thinking of her in this way? Skylar hadn't done anything wrong, and meanwhile Cassius was racking up a list of offenses. With those last thoughts he put the car in drive and started heading back towards campus.

Sky’s heart began to beat hard.

>Is that someone saying they want to come over?

Despite her bold replies, she felt all mushy. Did he want to come over? She wondered, maybe he was messing with her. But she wouldn’t think that’s something he would do, he seemed really nice.

Skylar felt like this was sudden, maybe he wasn’t even flirting with her. But she was starting to like him…a lot. He was on her mind pretty much constantly and she was about to invite him over! She had work to do, and it was getting late. A couple of days ago she never would’ve even considered it, now she was hoping he’d come over.

Cassius stopped at a red light, and picked up his phone to see if Skylar responded. She did, and he felt so swept up in the moment of them talking, it felt really nice.

>Well thanks i'd thought you'd never ask! Be there in 10
>Besides.. We have a lot of planning to do, better to start early right?

Cas sent the cheeky text then proceeded to drive back.

Sky grinned at his message.

>So much planning. Drive safe, see you soon (;
> (:*

She giggled at herself then tossed her phone to the side, looking in the mirror. She wasn’t wearing anything special, just sweatpants and a random t-shirt. But she wanted to look nice, but not as though she put effort in. So, she changed into some of the classic tartan pyjama pants which were a mixture of different shades of grey and pink, then a grey tank top. Her hair was tied into a loose ponytail and she slipped on some white trainer socks. Why am I putting in so much effort? She questioned herself, but shrugged it off. She neatened her room a little, not that she’d ever let it get untidy, and sat on her bed nervously.

Last edited:
If Cassius recalled, him and Skylar lived in the same building. He remembered seeing her one morning grabbing breakfast from the spread that was put out each day. Once he returned and parked his car he started down the street, it was a couple blocks from the parking lot to the building. Cas was dressed in jeans and the sweatshirt from this morning, he wasn't one to put too much effort into how he dressed. He reached into his pocket to check his phone, ahh a winky face? Skylar had corrected it but it still seemed like it was sent on purpose. He quickly responded.

>Room number?

The undergrad shoved his phone back in his pocket and kept walking. His cheeks were burning a bit from the wind, causing them to turn a rosy red. Finally the dorm came into view, a few lights shinning from different rooms. He figured he could go right to her room, not needing to drop anything off in his.

When he asked for her room number her heart began to beat a little faster, it must’ve meant that he was close. She wasn’t sure why she was so excited for nervous, they were just hanging out, literally just going to talk about stuff for the club, she thought.

>17

She replied quickly, putting her phone down afterwards and staring at it as she waited impatiently.

When Cas reached the doors he felt his phone buzz, taking a look at it and making a mental note to where that room would be. Swiftly he walked through the entrance lobby and towards the stairs. On the way up he thought about the events of the night previous, and the smirk his father had set on his face. It had been like this his whole life, especially after his mother died. Cassius' father was disappointed in him, his eldest son, with how he chose to live his life. Of course the boy didn't care much for his fathers opinion, especially after the betrayal of his mother but it still hurt to see someone put you down all the time. Mr. Settlebach was always signing Cas up for stuff, medaling in the boys affairs. This time it would end.

Shaking away the thoughts, the brunette was now standing in front of a door marked 17. He wasted no time knocking slightly then putting his hands in his pockets to wait.

As soon as she heard any movement outside of her door, she stood up and went over. She thought way too much about how quickly she approached the door, it definitely didn't matter as much in reality as it did in her head. She soon realised that was complete nonsense and opened the door with a confused look.

"Oh, sorry I'm expecting someone really cool to come over. Why're you here?" She teased, opening the door more as if to signal that he could come in. It was nice to see him, she really enjoyed his company.

Of course, if Sky knew anything about how Cas won the election she probably wouldn't be so warm towards him, even if it wasn't his fault he still didn't work for it, and she'd never worked so hard for something for years.

When Skylar opened the door his face lit up, she was dressed casual, and she looked really cute. He chuckled at her joke and walked through the threshold into the dorm, and looked around a bit. It was neat and clean, which Cas expected. "Nice to see you in some business casual." He commented, spinning around to sit on her bed. It seemed a little much, but there aren't many places to sit in a small dorm room.

"Do you have roommate?" The boy questioned, raising an eyebrow, wondering if they would be joined eventually by someone else.

Sky nodded as she joined him on the bed, she sat opposite him but not too close. Feeling such a rush of excitement that he was here, and this situation being so new to her, made conversation somewhat difficult.

"Uh, yeah, she's a big party girl though so she's probably out at the moment. You might see her...if you stay until 3am." She replied with a gentle chuckle at the end.

For some reason, Skylar was hesitant to tell him about her roommate. She was a pretty girl, a little taller than Sky was and had dirty blonde hair. She feared Cassius might like a girl who was more into partying- not that Sky disliked it or anything, she just found that if she went she'd be stood there on her own not doing much- not being much of a social butterfly. With her roommate, it came naturally, and she had invited Sky to a few parties and she went to them at the beginning of the school year but over the past few weeks Sky prioritised her studies and working on the election.

Cassius just nodded, snorting at the joke. But what if he did stay that late? Why was he even here again? He remembered that they were supposed to be working on the upcoming fundraiser and tried to shift the conversation in that direction, so not to look awkward in front of Sky. "So fundraiser ball, I think the first step is to think of a name. You know to put on fliers and stuff." He hoped he was talking about the right things to do, it was his idea after all but executing it was a whole different thing.

Cas shifted, leaning his left shoulder on the bed and looking up at her. He couldn't help but glance down at her tank top, being more revealing than anything he's seen her in before.

“Mhm, well Mr. President you better get thinking.” She grinned. “Would you like a drink or anything?” She continued.

She felt quite flustered, she hoped it didn’t sound like she was asking him to stay late. Maybe it would be a good idea if he did, maybe fun at least. Her eyes very briefly caught his as she saw him looking, but she was kind of happy about it. There was no denying that she was attracted to him, she hoped he felt the same. But did she want a relationship? She didn’t know. Regardless, he would never think of me that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back