• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern one x one - teen roleplay

Cassius straitened his tie in the mirror, he was already late, but that was the point. He didn't dress up much, despite the closet-full of suits that his father had gotten for him over the years. The brunette decided on a blue suit, fitted, with a white dress shirt and white and blue polka-dotted tie to finish it off. There is no way that the club members would vote for him, he hadn't even shown his face to meetings once. Though his father had a way of twisting situations in his favor, so Cas was preparing for the worst to happen. Most didn't even know he was the son of the great William Settlebach, considering they didn't share a last name. They had the same eyes and nose, but hard to compare them when the boy tried to not be seen associating with the wealthy chair holder.

The well-dressed man strolled into the auditorium, hands stuffed into the pockets of his tailored pants. Some people from the chair board were there, and the club members, everyone dressed up for the occasion. He took a seat near the back, attempting to be there un-noticed. A few others spoke in the front, talking about how far the club had come and how they were honored to be joined by people on the board. Typical bullshit.

((considering I have no idea what would even go into a speech of that sort, probably not a written out one but i'll just write that she gives a very well thought out speech, clear she is passionate about it etc! i hope that's okay (: also will reply in a sec!))

As the door opened, Sky glanced over to see the boy she noticed earlier walking in. It was like she couldn't take her eyes off of him, she wasn't one to marvel at every handsome boy she saw but there was something about him which made her just not want to look away. Regardless, taking into account his outfit she figured he was running to be an important figure in this club, which confused her. She hadn't seen him here before, so she put two and two together and realised he must be the person on the list of members who never turned up. Cassius, she believed was his name. She was still stood at the front, a little out of the way however as some other members of the club spoke for a short while. Before she knew it, her name was called. "Running for president of this incredible club...Skylar Hart!" Was announced extremely formally, probably too much so. The seated members gave her a soft clap and she walked up to the centre of the front of the room, a small podium infront of her. She didn't have notes or anything to read off of, probably something she overlooked as a result of feeling too confident. She wore a dark green dress that hugged her figure, the bottom sitting just above her knees. It was classy and pretty, she figured looking nice wouldn't hurt her chances. \

She thanked the person who announced her name and began by introducing herself, then eloquently delivered her speech. She spoke about how it would be an honour to be the president of the club. It was evident through her speech that this was something she was passionate about, something that meant a lot to her. In reality it wasn't the club itself that she cared a whole lot about, it was the principle of being president of a pretty prestigious club. Plus she figured it would help in later life with getting a job or internship or something similar. It felt like she was on autopilot, like she should be doing what she is, even if deep down she didn't want to do it. At the end of her speech she smiled and thanked everyone, her speech was only a few minutes long, the last thing she wanted to do was bore her potential supporters.

Cas listened as a girls name was called, when she turned around to go up on the stage he felt himself straightening up in his seat. She was magnificent, remembering it was the girl he saw that very morning. Her dress was elegant, hugging her figure perfectly. The undergrad listened intently as the potential candidate delivered her speech. The well-dressed woman knew what she was talking about and seemed to be swaying the people already, telling by their applause. It would be great, she'd win, and then he would be free to never come back to this club again, and hopefully his dad would leave him alone.

"And our only other candidate for the night, Cassius Carson!"

Cassius paused, he should have known that he had to give a damn speech. For some reason he thought he could get away with just sitting in the back. With reluctance, and since everyone was looking at him, he stood and walked to the front. While walking down the aisle he glanced at the girl who just went, then up passed the stage to his father. The brunette straightened out his jacket as he stood in front of the microphone and leaned on the podium with both hands. "Good evening, hey, i'm Cas." His echoing voice was answered with silence. Most people in the audience whispering to each other or looking confused as to why this man stood before them. "I'll umm help the club a lot." With nothing else coming to mind, and just to spite his father even more, the boy gave a "thank you" then walked away from the podium and off the stage.

Sky was expecting some elaborate, cocky speech from Cassius when he came to the front. But that's not what he delivered, to her surprise. Though she wasn't annoyed at that, she was quite happy with her chances of winning the election now that her only competition seemed like he cared more about his breakfast that morning than he did actually being president of the club.

The rest of the club gave him a lack-lustre applause and watched as the boy walked off of the stage. Skylar then watched one of the club members rush to the front with a smile.

"Well a huge thank you for those speeches, voting is now open with ballot cards here on my left." They said, gesturing to a pile of small, neatly stacked cards beside a pot of brand new pens. "Please, in an orderly fashion, collect your card and vote for president of the club. The person who is not selected will be vice president, since there were only two candidates."

Sky was slightly irked by this, in her head she knew she'd win but then she would have to have Cas as a vice president, but she supposed he wouldn't do much anyway and she could get away with dismissing him on the more important tasks, it wasn't as though he seemed interested in it anyway. She went and sat down, glancing at the people voting and playing with the hem of her dress, all whilst wondering why someone that seemed very nonchalant about the club was running for president of it.

Cas had a mini heart attack when he heard what they said about the other person being the vice president. He crossed his arms and sank lower in his chair, figuring that he would just leave all the work to the president and never show up again. Besides, they could appointment someone else to be vice president if they really wanted too. The boy glanced over to see his fathers face, the older man looked calm, collected, most likely disappointed in his sons speech but there was something about him that was... Confident. As if he knew something that Cassius didn't. He didn't like the feeling, and knowing his father, he was probably up to something.

Once or twice the undergrad thought about leaving before the vote was even over, but something kept him glued to his chair. After all, surely everyone would turn around to look at him if he left. After a while he noticed that the people who were finishing up counting the ballots had strange looks on their faces. They whispered amongst each other, and started taking some ballots out again to re-count. After what seemed like another eternity, someone broke from the group to go up on the stage.

"Hello.. So the votes are in, and our new president is Cassius Carson. Followed by Skylar Hart as vice president. Would the winners please come to the stage."

WHAT!? Cas didn't even try to hide the surprise on his face, he had to look around to make sure this wasn't a joke, a prank from his father to teach him a lesson. It felt like all eyes were on him, more whispers, looks of concern and disappointment. Cassius was still confused until he looked over to his father, Mr. Settlebach had a sly smile on his lips. That bastard... He must of rigged the vote so the brunette would win. He felt too stunned to move, to speak as others were waiting by for him to approach the stage.

Alright old man, fine, let's play this game.

The well-dressed boy stood up and straightened his jacket. He strolled to the front, trying to put out an image of confidence. He would not let his father see him falter under the pressure. He reached the microphone and gave a huge smile to the crowd.

"Good evening folks. Now you're probably wondering who the hell I am, well i'm Cassius, but please call me Cas. No worries, this club is going to get a whole new look. A lot of changes are going to happen, well, good changes of course." He smirked and pointed towards the board members sitting nearby, which included his father. "I'd also like to thank the board for being here for such a special occasion. And now let's hear from our new vice president." He started slow clapping, which made others join in, but everyone still looked confused as he backed away from the microphone to make room for Skylar.

Skylars legs were shaking with excitement as the club members counted up the votes, she was sure she would win. Shuffling in her seat as someone emerged onto the stage, she waited for the announcement.

But it was the opposite of what she was expecting, what she was hoping for. Vice president. What on earth!?

There was no way this was right, but she was far from bold enough to demand a recount or anything of the sort. So, she sat in shock, staring blankly at the wall as Cas gave a surprisingly passionate speech about how he was going to change the club for the better. Her head was racing with how on earth she didn't win. Her eyes glanced around the room at the club members, the board members and such. Maybe they hate me, they must secretly hate me. But what did I do? Her heart felt heavy, she just felt very disappointed and let down, like she let herself down. Thank god her parents weren't here to witness such a sad affair.

Snapping out of her shocked trance, she stood up as she heard Cassius call the vice president up to the stage. She had a speech planned for winning, becoming president- not for this. The girl walked up to the stage rather gingerly, it seemed like she didn't belong up there now. Despite her annoyance, she gave Cas a little nod as to say thank you for giving her the stage and then looked around at everyone.

The passion and excitement was immediately drained from her demeanour as soon as Cas was elected as president of the club, and that was reflected in her voice too. "I-uh, thank you, everyone. I'll do...do my best to support Cas. Thank you for the honour of being vice president of this club." She spoke softly before leaving the stage. She grabbed her jacket gently, she was annoyed but still too upset to let that anger show. She pulled on the jacket and slipped out of the door, there was no way she could stay in there for much longer. Vice president. Vice. Why?

Her head hung low as she walked through the halls of the building, leading her outside where she stood and stared at a streetlight in front of her, the light spreading in every direction as it was blurred with teary eyes. Skylar felt stupid about being so upset, she had just worked so hard and was so excited. All of that was ruined and pointless within a matter of seconds.

Cas watched as the girl went, her whole demeanor had changed since her initial speech. He felt bad, considering the curly haired girl was the one who should have won, and considering the looks he was getting, everyone else thought the same. But exposer of his fathers cheating would not fair well for the young man either, so unfortunately this would be a pill he'd have to swallow. Though, this didn't mean that he couldn't make a disaster out of this club.

Not feeling up to sticking around to receive judgemental looks from everyone, Cassius quickly exited the auditorium. He didn't want to give his father another chance to gloat if he stuck around. Shoving his hands in his pockets he used his back to push the door open and walk out into the night. It was quiet, only a slight breeze running through his hair. In front of him stood the girl from inside, her green dress hugging her body, hair draped behind her. No doubt she'd be upset, but Cas couldn't just walk pass her without saying anything. He wasn't that much of an asshole.

"Hey." He began, coming around behind her to her front side. The young man noticed right away that she had tears in her eyes, and his face burned, truly realizing that his fathers games affected more people than himself. "I'm sorry about earlier.. But hey, i'm gonna need you to show me all the ins and outs of the club." Cassius tried to give her a smile, feeling awkward about what had just occurred.

Sky hoped that the footsteps she heard behind her would leave her alone, of course she didn't know it was Cas, or that he was feeling bad about the whole situation. For all she knew, he did something to sway the vote in his favour.

The girl looked at him, "You seem to get by quite well on your own." She snapped a little. She was never usually like this, never mean or annoyed, never held a grudge or wished ill upon anyone. She felt like she'd grow to regret speaking to him like this at their first proper encounter. "I'm not interested in doing all the work for you. I'm not even interested in talking to you." She said sternly, turning away and beginning to walk back into the building.

This felt ridiculous to her, she just couldn't fathom why he got more votes than her. Everyone looked confused, it just seemed wrong. It's not like she thought he was incapable of running a club, it just seemed like he had no interest. He never even turns up! Sky, because of this, was determined to figure out why he won the vote.

Okay she was angry... But the young man expected as much. Cas hurriedly chased after Skylar, putting himself in front of her again. "Okay hey look, let's just start over. I'm Cas, literacy major." The undergrad extended a hand before her, curious as to what she'd do with it. Even in an angry state, she looked good. There was something about women who looked like they wanted to kill him. It was a situation that Cassius had been in before.

"Lets meet up tomorrow, the coffee shop that's under Huff Hall." Considering he had to attempt to run a club now, he should probably know more about it, and this girl was his ticket. "My treat." He added, trying to make the offering seem more tempting.

Sky sighed and looked at his hand, reaching to it and shaking it gently. It was going to be angry, maybe she would've squeezed his hand or scratched him subtly when pulling away from the handshake. But as soon as her hand lay in his it was like her anger melted momentarily melted away. "I'll think about it. If i'm there, I'm there." She spoke simply. "But it has to be 9am, I have a busy day." She continued, her voice now close to emotionless. Maybe it was her lack of male attention over the past two or so years, or maybe Cas was just particularly handsome to her, but either way she couldn't bring herself to carry on being stern or cold with their hands touching.

She moved her hand away before her thoughts inappropriately spiralled. In all honesty she probably lingered too long anyway, it only seemed like it should be a quick handshake. I'm supposed to be angry at him! She told herself. Sure enough, once she moved her hand away and reality set in again, the anger built up again.

"I have to go." The girl said quietly, turning her gaze away from him and stepping to the side so she could walk away.

There was something about her that electrified him, he felt something as their hands touched. She seemed to soften for a moment before returning back to her angry state. Cas nodded, "okay 9am sharp, I hope to see you then." It would be a coin toss if this meeting actually happened but hey, the boy tried his best. He let her go this time, watching her walk away before he'd turn and head in the opposite direction. He was starving and wanted to get some food before going back to his dorm for the night.

It didn't take long after he returned to be greeted with plans to go out that night. True it was a Tuesday, but the young man needed to relive some of the stress that was built up from the day. It was just a local party, so how much trouble could he really get himself in?

--

The next morning went slow, and Cas had a pounding headache. He only had afternoon classes and figured he could sleep in, until his second alarm went off at 8:45. He looked at his phone in confusion, trying to think of why he set this alarm. Sleep almost overtook him again before last night flashed before his eyes. Shit! Hurriedly he got dressed in a sweatshirt and jeans, combed over his hair and ran down the stairs to exit the dorm building. Way to make this girl hate you even more, he thought to himself as he half-walked/half-jogged to the coffee joint.

At the end of that evening, Sky just went to bed. She had no motivation to do anything, the thing she used all of her motivation for over the past few weeks was wasted and thrown back in her face. So, she crashed in bed. She slept in her dress, in her makeup- this was very unlike her.

Fortunately, she fell asleep quite early in the night so she was able to wake up and get ready. She showered, brushed her hair gently and got changed into some black jeans, a simple cropped white top and an oversized navy blue jacket, accessorising with her usual jewellery. Her makeup was simple, not a surprise, and she left hair hair down and natural.

Sky arrived at the coffee shop at around 8:50, ordering herself a small hot chocolate despite Cas saying it was his treat, She'd been thinking all morning about him. It felt messy, she felt a certain way about him and it was tainted with the fact he took what she desired most. Just replaying the basic facts in her head made her head heat up with annoyance. She kept an eye on the time, if he wasn't here at 9 she'd leave. But the girl did find that she didn't even consider not turning up this morning, she kind of just got ready to go to the coffee shop, like nothing else was going on in her day. She even made herself look nice for it, but she wouldn't dwell on that too much. There were more important things now, like finding out how Cassius won.

Cas rushed into the coffee shop right at 9 on the dot, hoping that after all the effort he'd put into running here, Skylar would actually be here waiting. It only took a moment of scanning the bustling room to find her. "Hey!" He breathed, approaching her and setting his stuff down at a nearby table. "Good morning.. Lemme just go grab something, since it looks like you already did." The young man did remember saying it was his treat, but he was almost late, so better that she got her own instead of waiting.

He strolled up to the counter and ordered a coffee black with two sugars, he needed some caffeine to dull the headache that was pulsing in the back of his head. They said they would bring it out to him since others were waiting in line and Cas went back to sit down with the girl he was meeting here. "I'm glad you showed, was wondering if I ran across campus for nothin." A smile formed on his face, trying to put the charm on, considering the brunette woman was probably still angry with him.

( Soo i'm thinking maybe they start to really fall for each other, THEN Skylar learns why he won? Lemme know what you think :3 )

(Oo I like that! He's definitely very charming so I can see Skylar falling for him pretty quick, especially since they have to spend so much time together!)

Skylar could feel herself holding back a smile when she saw him at the door at bang on 9am, she was a fool to think that her eyes didn't give away the glee she felt at the fact he showed up. But she was annoyed at herself for feeling like this, she was angry at him, right!?

"I'm surprised you did show up. Thought you'd be too hungover from celebrating." She said with a sad smile. In reality, there was no point in being annoyed at him...He seemed as shocked as she was when he won, so she was doubtful that he did something sneaky to win the election. So she was even more confused, the only thing she could think of was that the club members didn't actually like her, which was a thought that stung when it circled her mind. She'd be lying if she said he didn't look cute in the sweatshirt he was wearing, but that was pushed to the back of her mind as she focused on the important matter at hand.

His coffee arrived shortly after, "no.." he began, taking a sip. "It was definitely not for celebrating." Cas chuckled, putting his steaming cup back on the table. If anything it was to forget about yesterday but he decided to keep that information to himself. He looked at her, she was well put together, and seemed really nice, but he felt a tinge of guilt that he still stole her chance at presidency. It wasn't what he wanted, but what was done, was done. Cassius ran a hand through his hair, "So what's your major?" The young man asked, a question that most people asked each other on campus. It was like a need to know what everyone was studying.

Sky watched Cas as he spoke, mentally noting his mannerisms and the way he talked. It was fascinating to her. But she snapped herself out of that little trance and focused on what he was actually asking her. "English language and literature." She raised her eyebrows a little, remembering what he majored in. "Is this really what you wanted me to be here for, to ask the same questions everyone else asks?" She said cheekily, sipping her drink. "I can't stay here too long." She added as a precaution.

"Ahh so were one in the same.." Cassius nodded, taking another sip. "No no, just getting the formalities out of the ay thats all." She was a little feisty, he'd give her that. Truthfully he didn't need to know much about the club in order to completely run it off the rails, but it was best to get on her good side, since she seemed to hold a lot of weight in the others members minds. "So, tell me more about this club. Any problems that need addressing? Tasks that need to be done?" Cas tried to just get right down to it, not knowing how much longer he had. "I had a few ideas so far to make the meetings less of a drag." He joked.

Sky shrugged, "The club is pretty much in order, it seems. If I'm honest, I don't know loads about it. If something pops up I'll let you know, though, you can't leave vice president to do everything." She smiled a little, sipping her drink and feeling the warm liquid save her from freezing in the cold weather, despite being inside. "Have you actually had a few ideas?" She asked curiously, wondering what he could've come up with. This made he think that she possibly misjudged him, he might've thought the club and its meetings were boring but maybe he had an interest in running some sort of club, either way, she waited to hear what he would say.

Cas rested his head on his hand in a thinking motion, truthfully he was just trying to put up a front for Skylar, but I guess he could actually come up with something. It took him a moment, his eyes wandering to behind her where more people will filing into the shop. The undergrad looked back at her, eyes wide as if a lightbulb had just gone 'ding' in his mind. "I've got it, a semi-formal fundraiser." A great way to please Skylar, keep her unsuspicious of his true intentions, and a party. What could be better than that? Besides he would love to see her in a dress again. He took another sip of his now luke-warm coffee, and waited for the girls reply.

Sky raised her eyebrows, "Wow, okay." She smiled. "I like that idea. When were you thinking?" She asked, also sipping her drink. It wasn't a surprise to her that the idea had just sprung to his mind but she liked it nonetheless. It was even a secret to herself that she was somewhat happy that Cas was involved in this, she kind of liked talking to him. Well, she thought he was interesting. He was also very easy on the eyes. But something romantic like that didn't even cross her mind, nothing serious anyway. He was a handsome guy, very charming and charismatic so she was certain he'd have a girlfriend or something close to that. Regardless, she mentally scolded herself for even thinking that far ahead.

Cas felt himself breathe out steadily, delighted that she approved of the idea. He took another moment to think about her question, he'd never put on an event before so he was unsure of how long it'd take. Throwing out an idea, "lets do it at the end of the month. Gives us three weeks to plan." The young man offered, raising an eyebrow to the question. He learned back in his chair, feeling optimistic about the situation. Though his heart had other intentions; how would he expose his father? Embarrass him? Take the man down a few notches, show him he can't mess with his life like this anymore. But Cassius would keep these inner thoughts to himself, besides if Skylar knew, Cas would most likely be blamed. After all, he didn't speak up after he'd won under false pretenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back