• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings one truth prevails! (a messy search thread)

pollypocket

wallet holder
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
detective-conan-conan-edogawa.gif

(i tried at least a little bit to make this thread cute, ok?)

helllooooo everybody! i'm pocket, and though that's a new name around here, i've been in the rp game for like, way too long! i'm 18 years old currently, and i've been rping in various formats since i was about 10, give or take a bit; and though i've taken quite a few breaks throughout that time, my love for creative writing hasn't faded for a moment. (is that too cheesy? i guess there's no reason to hide the cheese factor on here of all places,,,)

i'm a trans man with he/him pronouns, i'm inordinately obsessed with a certain set of anime detectives and visual novel lawyers, and i'm terrified out of my mind of the fact that i'm entering college this coming fall. since i've spent the last year and a half recovering from certain personal issues, i won't be getting a job this summer, which means i have at least a couple months of pure downtime that i'm dying to fill. enter, rp!

so, with all that personal stuff out of the way, let's get down to brass tacks and talk about what i'm looking for in an rp/partner!

notes/guidelines -
+ i'd generally prefer to stick with people around my age range. i don't have a set upper limit for that, since i think it depends more on what the older person is comfortable with, but anyone younger than 17 and it's probably a pass.
+ my gender pairing preference goes m/m > f/f > m/f (with any kind of nonbinary characters mixed in there at any point as well). i far prefer lgbtq+ pairings and characters, and unless you've got a particularly striking plot that requires it, it isn't likely that i'll be enthusiastic about anything where both of our characters are cishet.
+ i've been known to write any post length up to just under 1k words; i consider myself semi-lit, but i mostly just try to match until it gets to a point that i can't keep up with. honestly, i prefer shorter messages that leave room for more rapid-fire responses (and by shorter i mean a paragraph at least, i'm not a fan of one-liners personally).
+ i have a tendency to focus in on rps that i'm really interested in and reply to them like, scarily fast- i can manage multiple replies a day easily, if i'm especially hooked on a concept or character dynamic. of course, if we rp for a while you can expect my productivity to wane once classes start in the fall.
+ i love ooc chatter and getting to know my partners. in my opinion, a good rp can be a great foundation for a friendship! if you message me, please be prepared to get random messages whenever i find something that makes me think of our characters/rp, or just feel like chatting.
+ i'm good with either on site or discord, so just let me know what you prefer personally :]

now! onto the fun stuff. i don't have any real specific plots at this point, but i do have some vibes i generally like to work with. for the most part i've stuck with fantasy or slice of life plots in the past, and while i'm willing to try something outside of that area, it's definitely my personal comfort zone. here are some vague ideas that we can build from together!

wordbank - university/college | enemies/childhood friends/strangers to lovers | fairy tales | fake dating | angel x demon | supernatural creatures | kitsune/yokai | divorce attorney x wedding planner (that one is very uncommon but i think it has so much room for fluff and drama shsjkfd) | witches | summer romance | star-crossed | rivalry | polar opposites | roommates | idols/celebrities

if you have anything that's not on here but you think i might be interested in, feel free to suggest it!

aaaand i think that's all? this feels both way too long and way too short but, whatever, here ya go, everyone. thanks for reading this far, if you have! feel free to pm me to talk further- when you do, please give a preferred name and pronouns if you can, just so i know what to call you. see ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back