• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece: The Quest for Happiness

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
???
Following the recent streak of good weather, it was a sunny day. Blue skies, blue waters. The weather could again be described as perfect. And some pirates were waterboarding a man. They had parked up at a dock on New Moon Island and had the man suspended by a rope. They pulled the man up out of the water until he was face to face with the captain.
Roach.png
"Why's your hair not falling down?" said a large rotund man wearing the largest hat with a thick and well treated purple beard. This was, of course, Purple Beard, captain of the pirates of the same name.

"That is a secret I will take to the grave." The man responded in perfect deadpan.

"Heh. Still so uncooperative? Lower him back into the water. Another minute and he might be a little more willing to answer questions."

Ahab crouched down to smile at Bonnie in reassurance.
"As the captain said, you're not a prisoner anymore! But would you like to join us and be a pirate? We have cookies!" Ahab exclaimed.

Turning his attention to Penny he smiled brightly at her.

"Hey, Penny did Bejo eat all the cookies or are there some left? We should have some cookies to celebrate a successful rescue and the new recruit! Maybe with some tea too," Ahab suggested.

Turning back to Bonnie, wobbling slightly as he was still crouched as low as he could.

"I'm Ahab! I'm the whale guy who got tied up to the mask above you earlier. The lady in the suit is the captain, you'll like her. The girl in pink is Penny, she's the cook. The big shark girl over there is Jean, don't make her angry! And lastly, we have this guy... he's Sly! He's a thief so better watch your stuff around him," Ahab finished, smiling brightly at the chibi sized girl.

Ahab finally stood up, groaning slightly as his long legs creaked. Waving goodbye to bonny he turned towards one of the masts and began to climb up towards the first crows nest. Up high he was able to inspect how their ship was moving with the wind and current so he could relay adjustments needed to the rest of the crew, whether or not they helped. The log pose on his wrist was looking good so Ahab stretched his feet out over the crow's nest and sat back, he needed to start regaining his clouds.

Veronica Bounty.jpg
Veronica Clark

Veronica stood at the helm. One hand held a tea plate, the other a tea cup filled with Gold Tips Imperial tea; enjoying the sunny weather, she had decided to spoil herself a little. She slowly sipped on her tea, savoring the flavor from her last tea pouch of that brand as she stared out at the big blue expanse in front of her. She didn't have to do much steering with the weather so sunny and the ocean calm. All she had to do was make sure that the ship was still following the log pose arrow.

Veronica smiled as she took in the sights of the ocean. The soft splash of the waves against the ship. Everything seemed so simple at the moment, like a pleasant dream; though it wouldn't be that way forever. It would only be a matter of time before more Marines or other pirates tried to get between her and her dream of finding the Greatest Joke.

Veronica set her tea cup on the plate and held it close to her chest in a butler-y kind of way. "How's the course looking, Ahab? Are we any closer to the next island?"

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Amyleii Amyleii PlusUltra PlusUltra pbtenchi pbtenchi Audacious Minacious Audacious Minacious Luxyluxy Luxyluxy HerculePyro HerculePyro soggyparadise soggyparadise

Last edited:
The boat had resumed its course.
Sly, as for him, had returned to his quiet corner in the hold.
He would have liked to keep an eye on the doctor, but a horrible illness had struck him down, and prevented him from doing so.
Laziness ...
A terrible misfortune which prevented him from doing his duty ...
But he was not worried. Penny had been much sharper than him when Jacki joined the crew. With any luck, the cook will monitor the doctor so much that Sly won't even have to keep an eye out.
Sly put her hands behind her head as a pillow and closed her eyes, ready to fall asleep.

Welp- at least she knew sly was at least a crumb discerning when it came to new crew mates. However she couldn't said the same for the rest of the pirates she'd decided were her friends.
And speaking of- here came one of the bottomless pits she was tasked with feeding now, spouting about how nothing bad would happen and how he wanted a sparring match with the marine. That was just like him- and so were the compliments he sent her way hoping to lower her guard. Momentarily her heated glare softened when the half fish man looked back at her with his usual grin from talking to the barely conscious jelly girl this doctor was still holding onto like a bargaining chip.
With a resigned sigh she sheathed her fork in the holder on her back that was worn as a harness, crossing her now free arms. "Buttering me up won't get you anywhere Ahab- besides she doesn't look well enough to eat a-" And then she was cut off, a worn in old sandal hitting her scare between the eyes. Momentarily she was stunned to silence, chocolate brown eyes wide and lips agape, but all at once her face turned red. Whether in embarrassment, anger or a mic of the two it was hard to tell, her eyes narrowing at the boy with a look that could kill before in a swift movement she lurched forward, her manicured nails pinching him by the ear as she begun to drag him off.
The blond only paused to look back at the doctor, making a sign as she pointing to fingers at her eyes begun indicating them at the women, a universal sign for 'i've got my eyes on you' as she chose to let Jacki's words fall on deaf hears.

"Now for you Bejo-" She said, yanking him along "Don't think that little stunt will go unpunished- you're cleaning the kitchen top to bottom, and if you do a good job maybe i'll let you taste test the lemon squares i'm making for dessert tonight" Penelope threatened despite the possibility of a reward being mentioned- she wasn't that cruel.

With one hand already on the handle to the kitchen of the ship her eyes followed over to where she'd heard her name once again and she grimaced slightly. "There are some- but definitely not in presentable condition. If you want them they'll be on the dining table in here but i'll have cuter looking lemon squares later on so save room for those."

Last edited:
???
Hours passed and still, the mysterious man wouldn't answer any question. The various pirates became enamored with his sheer endurance. "KEEP GOING UNTIL HE SPEAKS OR DIES!" The captain bellowed. Somewhere along the way, this had become a competition, and he sure as hell wasn't going to lose. "Captain are arms are so sore, we can't keep going!" complained one of the crewmates handling the rope. "How the hell is... he still unfazed... You... sure he ain't a fishman or something?" Said the other, before collapsing in a pool of sweat. "Tom!" shouted the former, struggling to support the weight of the rope by himself. "Go on without me William... I'm... done..."

"GIVE ME THAT!" Shouted Purple Beard, taking the rope from his exhausted crewmates, and dumping the mysterious figured wholly underwater. "He'll talk or he'll drown." the captain said determinedly.

Purple Beard Pirates and Mysterious Man
More hours passed. Purple Beard collapsed in a puddle of his own sweat, panting hard.
"Can I come down yet?" The mysterious man asked.
"SHUT UP!" bellowed Purple Beard.
"I thought you wanted me to talk?"
"WHY YOU!"
The vice-captain, a thin and well-dressed man by the moniker of Purple Moustache approached Purple Beard. "Sir, we can't dally here any longer. This is Big Daddy's territory after all. I suggest we cut our losses and leave."
Purple Beard's strength returned to him along with his rage, and he punched his vice-captain flying, careening into the Captain's quarters. "IDIOT! We'll never get anywhere without taking any risks! This man knows where Rackram's treasure is! I know it! With its power, I could kill Big Daddy and RULE THESE SEAS!"

The jelly girl tried to get accustomed to her new life as a pirate, moving about the ship trying to help out wherever she could. “Hello, can I help at all?” She said as she wobbled into the kitchen of the ship.

Ahab sat atop the crow's nest, telescope held to one eye looking ahead of them. He frowned and looked down at the log pose which was pointed forward.

“Well Veronica,” he called down to the captain.
“If we stay on the same course it looks like we’re gonna crash!”.

Ahab pointed ahead of them towards the large island that was quickly approaching.

“My humble recommendation as ship navigator is that we do not crash. And these layabouts that we call crew should draw in the sail a bit, mayhaps even turn the rudder. Cause right now we got wind in a full sail and a cliff-face in front of us,” Ahab finished, jovially.

The island itself was still a fair ways off, but they were approaching it quite quickly. He glanced to the sides of the island, it was mostly obscured by the island itself but he thought he could make out a ship mast just above the coast.

“I think there might be a port on the port side,” he announced.

“Has the doc sorted out the samurai down below?” Ahab asked.

Jean Valjean
Tags:
shadowdude505 shadowdude505 HerculePyro HerculePyro Luxyluxy Luxyluxy Audacious Minacious Audacious Minacious soggyparadise soggyparadise Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Amyleii Amyleii pbtenchi pbtenchi (Open)

xVSpdoB.png

Putting her bottle away she scouts over the side to take a look, eyes traveling to the waters at the side of the island for a moment before spinning back to the crew "Well as much as being in another sinking ship appeals to me, I think ill go check out that port while you run about on those....hmm what do you call them? oh right feet!" a wide grin to her face as she backs to the side and falls off it, shooting out final words before hitting the waters "Don't want to dock next to more marines or other trouble right?!".

As she lands with a splash a strong kick of her tail sends her shooting off in the direction of the coast ahead of the ship, working to circle round and get a better look at what they were about to encounter, her rifle scope piercing from the waters to get a better look at the land as needed though keeping her form concealed below the waters.

"The doc is good at her work. I'm sure the 'samurai' is fine," Veronica replied stoically. "He's probably resting at the moment; the body needs a lot of energy to recover from a bullet wound," she added as she adjusted her glasses.

She gave Jean a quick nod as she left to do some scouting and then turned her attention to the deck of the Dapper Penguin. "All able bodies on deck! Help out with the sails and prepare to dock! We're almost at the next island!" She doubted that they'd find the Greatest Joke on this island, but there was always the possibility for clues. If possible, she also wanted to acquire some more supplies as they waited for the Log Pose to attune to the island and point toward the next one.

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Amyleii Amyleii PlusUltra PlusUltra pbtenchi pbtenchi Audacious Minacious Audacious Minacious Luxyluxy Luxyluxy HerculePyro HerculePyro soggyparadise soggyparadise

Butler Pirates, Purplebeard Pirates, Mysterious Man and Old Man.
It wasn't a big port with only three piers, but it looked brand new. It was quiet too. The greatest amount of noise in the entire port town came from the Purplebeard Pirates, who were quite clearly waterboarding a man. What townsfolk were around kept their heads down and avoided making eye contact with any of the pirates. It looked like a town that had given up hope.

"Time for a change of tactics." Purplebeard grumbled to himself, putting on a pair of spiked gauntlets. "Let's see how you like this." he said with a grin.

An old man rocked back in his chair watching the unfolding events. The only person in town not keeping his head down. He took a swig of a bottle by his side. His face held a tired disdain not just for the pirates, but for the whole town around him.
Old Man.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back