• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece: The Quest for Happiness

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

pbtenchi

Say hi!

A man was born in a rural town on a rural island. This man was known as Switchblade Haagan Dazs, and the world would never forget his name. He was no great leader or undefeatable warrior. He wasn’t even a pirate. No, his talent lay elsewhere. He was…
a Comedian!

He traveled the world, telling jokes and healing hearts, and was eventually recognized as “The King of Comedy” … He took his immense wealth and used it to construct what would be his legacy. He proclaimed to the world that he had created and hidden the ‘greatest joke’ and told the world to go find it, as its true value would belong only to the ones who found it.

You are someone who has set out to find the Greatest Joke as a pirate. Perhaps you believe that finding the joke will allow you to laugh every day for the rest of your life. Perhaps you just want the fame of being the one to find it or saw it as a way to get rich. Whatever the case, you have decided to set out risking life and limb in search of happiness.

This is a One Piece RP with my own spin on it. It takes place in an alternate universe to the canon One Piece with none of the canon characters. I’m aiming for this to be an intermediate level game. More than a line, less than a page. This is selfishly because I don’t want to have to read through anymore long posts than I already do and to promote a more relaxed roleplaying environment.

Rules
1: Obey all RPNation rules
2: No connection to canon characters
3: Be nice. Be relaxed. Respect your fellow players. We are all here for fun first and foremost.
4: You must make a member of the main crew. If you don't there may be long spans of time where you can't interact with anyone, and little kills interest in an RP quicker. You can have other characters.
5: When two characters come to blows, I want both players to agree on the outcome of the fight before they write it. I find this prevents a lot of silly arguments and unfun fights.

Captain Julian Bolt
Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Amyleii Amyleii
A sunny day. Blue skies, blue waters. The weather could be described as perfect. Marine Captain Julian Bolt was fishing over the side of his ship. He reeled in a sea king. He stared at it for a few moments before kicking it back into the sea and getting back to fishing. Behind him tied to the central mast was Bonnie Ann, who a few hours ago had eaten the devil fruit Julian was meant to deliver to a nearby marine branch. He'd gone through a lot of effort to acquire the fruit. Jellybeard, the previous user of the fruit, was basically invincible. He was forced to boil the pirate alive after a drawn-out conflict. The idea of boiling Bonnie didn't sit well with him, but she was a thief and he had a job, so he had decided to deliver her to the branch and let them deal with it. He didn't believe the Marines were 'Justice' but he did believe they were 'necessary' if peace were to ever cover the seas.
Captain Julian Bolt.png
(Picture this guy in a marine coat. And yes he has wings.)​

Meanwhile, on a nearby pirate ship...
PlusUltra PlusUltra shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Audacious Minacious Audacious Minacious Luxyluxy Luxyluxy HerculePyro HerculePyro soggyparadise soggyparadise

Last edited:
Bonnie struggled against the mass, she wiggled around but still had vary little understanding of her new form. She kicked and screamed "let me go! I didn't know that fruit thingy was so important! I was just hungry, I haven't eaten in days!" she screamed out, the navy officers posted around her where having trouble ignoring her, their faces showing their irritation.

Jacki sighed to herself as she put her feather down, just finishing her report on the Thiefs physical condition. She stood to her full height and picked up the papers before walking onto the deck, ducking slightly each time she came to a door. Once she reached the deck Jacki eyed the currently tied up prisoner only a hour ago had she been testing the girl and her devil fruit. Jacki walked over to Julian and saluted "Captain Julian Bolt, Commander Dr Jacki Coldbrench reporting" she said as she stopped saluting and looked at her report "Sir as we have assumed the girl is now jelly and beyond boiling her, she is impervious to everything else" She said dutifully "Sir if I may have permission to speak freely sir. Why are sending her to a base? She was just an urchin trying to make sure she never starves, couldn't we just send her to headquarters and have her start training to be a Marine? Being a jelly person she would be a great asset to the force, sir" she said standing there behind her captain

Bejo’s chest heaved with deep breaths as he outran his pursuer down the hallway of the ship. He couldn’t get caught- he’d probably be executed for his crimes. He clutched the contents in his hand, making his final slide into the men’s bunks...

With his five freshly baked cookies. Sure, maybe it was a bad idea to steal from the kitchen (again) but he was hungry! And Penny was practically asking for it, because the entire ship smelled delicious. It wasn’t his fault that he sprung on the opportunity to have a freshly made snack! The cookies did burn his hand a bit, but that was the least of his worries.

He settled down in his hammock, enjoying his stolen prize and licking the melted chocolate chips off of his fingers. He doubted any girl, especially one as... pink as Penny, would dare come into the messy, smelly men’s bunks!

Sly had found a quiet corner in the hold of the boat.
Finally a little rest.
If Veronica finds out where he is, she will probably force him to do tiresome and boring work.
Fortunately, Sly had the gift of disappearing without a trace.
He had been on this ship for a short time, but he had already managed to find a number of hideouts useful for avoiding chores.
All he had to do was rest and listen, in case someone decided to come and search the place.

Jean Valjean
Tags:
shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Audacious Minacious Audacious Minacious Luxyluxy Luxyluxy HerculePyro HerculePyro soggyparadise soggyparadise (Open)

1.png

Jean relaxes high above the ship atop the crow's nest as she peers off across the wide ocean before them, the steady drip of saltwater falling down to the deck below from the winds breeze and ship movement causing gentle lapping of the fluid filling the area. The day was generally peaceful as she sang along to herself, arms propped up on the ledge as she passes the time for her job as a lookout.

"...~And its down along the falls road that's where I long to be be, Lying in the dark with a Provo company, A comrade on my left and another on me right, and a clip of ammunition to set the world alite!.~"

"...~I was stopped by a big old lad he said "you are a swine", so a hit him with his rifle and a kicked him in the groin~......"

She is broken from her tune by the strong sweet scent that was caught upon the wind, turning her gaze off to a small blip the edge of the horizon and raising Fantine to take a closer look through their scope. The familiar white sails of the marines were immediately evident, the color scheme and silhouette....it was a mid level transport vessel. Leaning over to glance below she calls out to whatever crew is around.

"Clark if your not too busy playing housekeeping we have Marines 5 clicks north north east, looks alone and could have something sweet. Could sink and loot it or just take a few pot shots before we close in....unless you want to take the pansy route and avoid them. Your call" Her entire tone relaxed and aloof, one hand remaining on her gun as she goes back to look at the object "No telling how many onboard yet unless we get a bit closer, but if i had to take a guess three dozen at most if there at full crew"

The captain sighed deeply. "Once someone has been found to have committed a crime they can't join the marines. I don't think I can make a convincing lie explaining why she legally ate the fruit reported to be contained on this ship." he said, casting his line out to sea again. "Sorry." he added genuinely.

"If you want you can give her something to eat before we arrive, even if doing so is unnecessary." It was then something caught his eye. "On second thought it looks like we won't have time. We have company." He noted calmly, spotting the pirate ship on the horizon.

Ahab begrudgingly opened his eyes as he heard their sniper call out from the other crows nest. He had been fast asleep lying on the arms of the mainmast. He raised his head and looked ahead of the ship, they were fast catching the marine ship, seems like they had snagged a slight cross-stream and the sails were both full.

"We'll be on them soon from the looks of it. And I think it's too late for us to bow out, if we've seen em, chances are they've seen us," Ahab called down to the captain.

He picked himself up and stood on the mast, holding onto the rigging for stability. He eased the sword on his back in and out of its sheath, making certain that he'd be able to draw it. He pulled out a smaller telescope from his belt and looked towards the ship.
Sure enough, he could see pretty frantic movement on it, it was more than likely that they'd been noticed.

"Hey, sniper lady! Show us what you got and keep em from firing their cannons at us. They're turning around" Ahab called out, reflexively covering his ears as he did in anticipation.

Jacki salutes and hides her sadness in that she couldn't help the girl "ALL HANDS ON DECK EVERYONE" She yells "ENEMIES 4 CLICKS SOUTH SOUTH WEST" she continues as she takes off her satchel and doctors coat showing her muscles before picking up some cannonballs and putting them next to her "Orders Captain, shall we start firing or wait till they do?" Jacki asks waiting for confirmation

Bonnie kicks and screams continue before she hears the call that there are enemies, she tries to get the docs attention "lady, lady please, you can't leave me tied up on this mast, even if I don't get killed by whoever is attacking us accidentally shooting me, I am gonna get killed by the navy. please. please..."her watermelon tears drop down and form a small pile of jelly beneath her.

"Black Butler" Veronica Clark
3ad1d0ec90f8e5a29269d524986cb373.jpg
The Dapper Penguin was a good ship; it was simple yet elegant, painted black and white, and who could resist the figurehead of a penguin in a top hat holding a cup of tea? Veronica couldn't, that's why she had bought the ship. Now a flag proudly flies on it's mast. A pirate flag with a white teapot and a pair of glasses on it, the mark of the newly formed Butler Pirates.

Veronica sat in her quarters, sipping tea from a simple white teacup and sitting next to her window to enjoy the sunshine. The sound of the sniper's singing drifted under the doorway, bringing a smile to the captain's face. The crew filled out rather nicely, even if their bonds were still in the process of being strengthened. Her smile quickly turned into a concerned frown as Jean mentioned Marines. When she was just a normal butler, she didn't fear them, but now as a pirate she had to be cautious around them. She, like many before her, became a pirate in order to find the Greatest Joke. That's all she wanted to do, no plundering innocents, no murder, but piracy as a whole had a bad rap and some organizations would only slow her search down with over complicated paperwork and legal stuff if she tried to do this lawfully. Sometimes you just got to play your part to a certain degree.

Veronica left her tea on the table and grabbed a telescope as she left her office, adjusting her glasses with two fingers pressing up the middle. Her glasses gendo-ed as she stepped into the sun. "Everyone, assume that we've been spotted! Get into battle positions!" She ordered, extending her arm out to the side. "Hold fire!" She extend the telescope and started her own investigation of the Marine ship. One freakishly tall lady, at least one Marine, and a kid tied to the mast."My, my..." she muttered angrily, her face turning into a scowl. It didn't seem very Marine-like to tie up a kid. "Jean, keep your aim away from the mast, they've got a kid tied up there!" she barked. "Don't sink it! Fire when ready!"

It was time to see what this crew was capable of.

Pirate Crew: PlusUltra PlusUltra HerculePyro HerculePyro Luxyluxy Luxyluxy Audacious Minacious Audacious Minacious soggyparadise soggyparadise
Others Mentioned: Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Amyleii Amyleii pbtenchi pbtenchi

Last edited:
All morning! All morning she's been working on those cookies! She'd gotten them absolutely perfect too- flour sifted, butter softened, chocolate chips hand chopped to be the optimal ratio of chunky to chip. These were going to impress the captain! Earn a big smile and some praise on a job well done- but of course came that rascal of a shipwright just in time to snatch up a couple of fist fulls of the piping hot treats before they even had time to firm up- gosh they were probably still all fragile and bendy, not to mention how much they should've burnt the poor fools hands.

Left with her mess of a tray of broken cookies sitting on the wide windowsill of the ship's kitchen, anger built up in the small chef's frame and within moments she was storming after the boy, brandishing a spoon that'd only be suitable for a giant's bowl of soup.
"Bejo you little jerk! Get back here!" She called in his wake, voice dripping with fury as she followed close behind until finally she was met with the door leading to the men's bunks. How childish- he knew she wouldn't follow in there so of course that's where he'd scamper off to to hide.

"You know I would have given you your fair share had you waited, but instead you were impatient and now you're due for a beating the moment you step out of there!" Penelope huffed, crossing her arms over her chest and she puffed air upwards to blow her bangs out of her eyes in her irritation. "On top of that you know I withhold the right to revoke dessert privileges for , , , unruly crew members" She threatened despite knowing merely a day later she'd already be looking for the boy's opinion once again on a new recipe she's trying out.

With a sigh she shifted her weight from foot to foot impatiently only to hear some yelling come from above deck- seemed like there's some sort of commotion, more awful weather or perhaps something a big more serious? Either way it was the perfect trap to catch this weasel. "Come on Bejo~ I heard Captain giving orders on the deck, and you know how mad she'll be if we aren't there soon~"

Sly heard a few pieces of what was said on the deck.
They were talking about the Marine, that there would be a few ships approaching.

Nothing very serious surely ... No reason to worry ...
He could give the impression that he was sleeping and he hadn't heard that the enemies were coming, it wouldn't make much difference.
In addition, he had just moved in to rest.
The others seemed to know how to manage. His help will surely be only superficial.
Yes! That's it! He was going to stay in his sleeping corner, and act like nothing had happened.

Sly sighed. Of course, things couldn't be that simple... He was trying to convince himself not to move, but he knew very well that it would fall on him if he did not come back on deck.
Not to mention that he would feel bad if he did not see what was going on and if he did not get involved a little in this future fight.
Reluctantly, he got up and headed for the bridge.
"I hope it won't take too long and the Marine won't cause us too much trouble ..." he thought

Bejo weighed his options as he finished up his snack. Stolen food somehow always tasted better. He wasn’t a thief, at least not as much as Sly, but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t enjoy some freshly baked cookies! They were the best when they are still all melty and delicious.

Damn, the captain’s giving orders? He’d probably get in more trouble if he skipped this. He should have made that secret exit from the men’s bunks that he was thinking about. But he never got around to it... dammit. He licked the last bit of chocolate off his hands and shook it to relieve the slight ache of the burns before getting up and looking around.

Perfect! He grabbed a cushion off of the couch, deciding to use it as a shield against the cook’s spoon. It was a good size for it, and then he wouldn’t get hit as bad. Despite Penny’s size, she could do some damage with her tools. He wasn’t too keen on the idea of hurting his friend, so he tucked his hammer into his pocket to use on the Marines, but not Penny.

He slowly opened the door, brandishing the cushion in front of himself. “I didn’t take all of them! C’mon Penny, don’t be mad!” He whined.

Jean Valjean
Tags:
shadowdude505 shadowdude505 HerculePyro HerculePyro Luxyluxy Luxyluxy Audacious Minacious Audacious Minacious soggyparadise soggyparadise Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Amyleii Amyleii pbtenchi pbtenchi (Open)

kwga5buoxe841.png

"Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor, Ill Bite the rest from my nest, Bullets going to chew up the rest with that distinction"

Giving a short ok sign from above the girl's eyes seem to focus in on the distant vessel, while still a spec to those on the deck she carefully takes aim, holding their breath as they feel the rhythm of their heartbeat. Far across the sea at the marine vessel, a brief flash of the sun causes a glimmer to appear on the horizon something shiny catching the light, one of the cannoneers squinting to try and make it out "Cap a think that there ship iz trying n giv us a calling?" a few seconds later, however, the man is flung backward holding his shoulder as red splatters across the deck and the gunshot is heard shortly after. The entire ship bursts into chaos as several more of them fall with other shots seemingly going wide and crashing into the deck to reveal what almost looks like a white tooth, the nameless marines ducking for cover trying to avoid the same fate shortly before several ropes seem to be flying freely from there secured points and dropping the entire sail down on them.

"~The reens are getting worried they've all gone underground, If 'One Shot Jeany' sees them they know they're going down, So the next time that you see the Reens with their faces full of fright. Look out for 'One Shot Jeany' and her glinting hunter's sight!~"

Going from serene casual to energetic chaotic the moment the first bullet left her chamber, though the majority of the Butler crew just had to assume she was hitting her targets with each high pitched whizzing and hot casings sizzling as they slowly start falling from above and clinking on the deck.

Captain Julian Bolt

Sniper fire, crap.’ Julian thought to himself. You never could predict what a pirate crew might have in their arsenal. He drew his weapon of choice, a bolas.

When using a whip, there is a technique that allows the tip of a whip to surpass the speed of sound. Julian was able to do this with his Bolas. “Everywhere in my view is my jurisdiction.” He announced before beginning cracking bullets out of the air, shielding his crew and the ship from further damage. “Fire the first volley!” He announced to the still able-bodied marines.

Last edited:
Jacki instinctively ducked after the first sniper shot was heard "Dammit, I'm guessing that means we can retaliate, sir?" Jacki asked rhetorically as she stood back up calmly and smirk holding a cannonball chucking it up and down like it was a baseball "Sir, yes sir. Cleeeeaaaaarrrrrring PUNCH!!!" She yelled tossing the cannonball into the air and punching it as it came down. The cannonball blasted off towards the pirate ship whizzing past Jeans missing by inches before landing in the water behind the ship making a massive splash, she then picked up another one and punched that one towards the mast, expecting to hit it

Ahab watched from his position atop the Gaff as their sniper successfully prevented the marine ship from firing their cannons at them. He whistled in admiration before shifting his gaze to a shirtless woman on the deck as she picked up one of the cannonballs with one hand.

That doesn’t seem good

Ahab thought, as she casually tossed it into the air before, WHAM. The cannonball was punted, with frightening speed, towards their ship, breezing past Jean in her snipers’ nest. Ahab thought fast and clouds began to spew out of his mouth floating down the mast. A shimmering mirage of the mast appeared a few feet to the side.
Ahab watched in relief as the second cannonball flew, harmlessly, through his hastily crafted illusion. The force of the wind rapidly dissipated the thin layer of clouds, though, and the mirage faded.

That woman is deadly, if she gets another shot off the main mast could take some serious damage.

“Proceeding to board captain!” Ahab called down to the deck.

He grabbed one of the ropes tied up alongside the sail and quickly dropped down, he had regained some weight but, as he flung himself off the rope, he was still light enough to float. He had released himself right at the bottom of the rope, and it had flicked him off at full speed in an arc parallel to the ocean. Straightening out his posture, Ahab’s chest collided with the water, he swung his hands overhead and with his webbed hands slapped the water; propelling himself forward and upwards, he maintained the high speed.

The ships had both gotten considerably closer and in just a few skims Ahab was already straining to look up at the approaching marine vessel. With some effort he adjusted his posture and smacked the water, launching himself upwards. He sailed up and, arms outstretched, grabbed the railing and leapfrogged it, launching himself up and over the marines. He smacked into their mainmast, he was now directly above the tied up girl.
His legs wrapped around it, he hung down and grinned at her.

“Hey… wanna be a pirate?” He asked.

Ahab opened his mouth and let clouds pour out, enveloping the deck of the ship. Ahab dropped quickly as his weight returned to him. He drew his sword as several duplicates emerged from the mist, surrounding the tied-up girl and all grinning at the befuddled marines.

The girl cried and kicked and screamed louder as the first gunfire rang out. “Ahhhhh they are shooting at us! What the heck I just wanted food please god send me something or someone to save me!” As she screamed this a boy smacked into the mainmast above her. He asked her if she wanted to be a pirate and she just smiled and cried. “I’ll be anything just save me!”

Sly went back up to the deck of the ship. It was a shock to him to see that the Marine boat was already so close. Ahab looked like he was already on the enemy ship

And apparently, from the amount of cloud that began to disperse, he had just created an illusion to deceive the soldiers.

Well! It would do well to move and find a way to go on the enemy's ship. And discreetly preferably.
He had no idea why they hadn't just run away. Things would still have been simpler.

Passing overboard on the side where the Navy was not present, Sly fell into the water and immersed himself completely. He was holding his breath rather well and his goal was to pass under the enemy boat to attack them from behind.
To increase her speed, Sly used geppo in an unconventional way.
Using it in the water made it possible to move much faster. This made it possible to take support on the water and to propel itself thanks to it.

Sly therefore reached the stern of the Marine ship rather quickly.
The soldiers, concentrating too much on the others to see him, he could catch his breath while looking for the best technique to remain discreet. Ahab had attacked from the front. The enemies therefore had to have their eyes focused on him, which suited Sly.

With his speed, he had easily go to the observation point of the ship, and knock out by mounting the guard present up there by grabbing his head, and banging him on the railing.
All that was left was to wait for a golden opportunity to hit the soldiers hard.

Last edited:
"Dammit, we've been boarded!" Jacki yelled out before she cocked her arms "Sir you have just boarded a marine ship as such we are willing to hurt you to subdue you, however if you surrender quietly you won't be hurt" She said calmly to Ahab and his clones as she covered her head by her balled up hands like a boxer "Sir understand that that girl has eaten a dangerous Devil Fruit as such please do not free her" Jacki said calmly as her eyes shifted to see if she was about to get jumped by another of the pirate crew. She knew that he probably wouldn't listen to her, he was a pirate and she was his enemy so at best she might bluff him but that was about it "However if you don't want to do that, I'm perfectly fine with throwing down with you, sir"

Jean Valjean
Tags:
shadowdude505 shadowdude505 HerculePyro HerculePyro Luxyluxy Luxyluxy Audacious Minacious Audacious Minacious soggyparadise soggyparadise Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Amyleii Amyleii pbtenchi pbtenchi (Open)

Mako.png

While the boats were slowly advancing on each other to get into range Jean wasted little time in disabling the rest of the marine sails, a few shots to the marines on one end of the ship had the cannonball woman dashing up to block them with her weapon leaving the other side completely exposed. Each shot came through constantly with the smooth loading motion of Jeans fingers replacing each round. It was actually comical how easy this was to be honest, though all good things had to come to an end, even with the loss of its sails the speed it had already gained and their own heading dead-on towards they were next to each other within the minute. It did seem that the woman had taken exception to her shooting however when they decided to punch a cannonball towards her, though Jean did not even flinch as it blew her hair backward from its passing and instead took more shots at the opening they had been given. The timing was everything and the choice of when to attack and when to defend was vital, a person could not do both at once, at least not within any real effectiveness.

In the short passing, several of her own crew had decided to jump aboard the Marine vessel while passing it once more to gain distance from each other once more. That was the thing about ship combat unless you tied your ship to the other they were going to keep moving as its not like there were breaks on the water other than a deep-set anchor.

"There ships dead in the water and only two real worries on deck might be more worth looking at below though, Im going to take a look while they're distracted, give a signal if you want it scuttled" the woman taking her eye away from the scope for a moment as the cannonball woman seemed to be facing off with Ahab. The time for true long-distance was over and with her crew in a fight, it really wasn't a time for her to hide, not that she really could at the moment. Holstering her rifle for a moment she leaps from her perch deep into the waves with a large splash, only to flow through the waters to a new spot at the other side of the ship and leap through one of the open cannon catches with her flintlock drawn search for anything of value, as well as ensure there were no unwelcome surprises for those above deck.

Last edited:
Veronica Clark

"The rest of you, get ready to board, or stay on the ship to defend it!"

Veronica took the helm and sailed the Dapper Penquin toward the Marine ship, trying to line them up side by side. Though she was still an armature when it came to steering a ship and didn't get close enough to drop the gangplank the first time. She had to turn the ship around to the other side of the Marine ship. She pulled a lever near the ship's wheel and the gangplank hooked into the railing of the Marine ship with a thud.

Captain Julian Bolt

Julian realized this battle was already lost. "Jacki! There are too many of them! Most of our marines are already down! This is a losing battle! It is necessary to throw the kid overboard!" he said, throwing a bolas at highspeed at the original Ahab who was still on the mast. He didn't know exactly what fruit Ahab must have had, but when fighting duplicates common sense said to attack the original. Julian's famous bolas were made from a special rope from his home of Hook Island, and had five times the durability of regular rope, he was confident that if he hit he'd be able to buy Jacki enough time to do her duty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back