• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece: The Quest for Happiness

pbtenchi

Say hi!

A man was born in a rural town on a rural island. This man was known as Switchblade Haagan Dazs, and the world would never forget his name. He was no great leader or undefeatable warrior. He wasn’t even a pirate. No, his talent lay elsewhere. He was…
a Comedian!

He traveled the world, telling jokes and healing hearts, and was eventually recognized as “The King of Comedy” … He took his immense wealth and used it to construct what would be his legacy. He proclaimed to the world that he had created and hidden the ‘greatest joke’ and told the world to go find it, as its true value would belong only to the ones who found it.

You are someone who has set out to find the Greatest Joke as a pirate. Perhaps you believe that finding the joke will allow you to laugh every day for the rest of your life. Perhaps you just want the fame of being the one to find it or saw it as a way to get rich. Whatever the case, you have decided to set out risking life and limb in search of happiness.

This is a One Piece RP with my own spin on it. It takes place in an alternate universe to the canon One Piece with none of the canon characters. I’m aiming for this to be an intermediate level game. More than a line, less than a page. This is selfishly because I don’t want to have to read through anymore long posts than I already do and to promote a more relaxed roleplaying environment.

Rules
1: Obey all RPNation rules
2: No connection to canon characters
3: Be nice. Be relaxed. Respect your fellow players. We are all here for fun first and foremost.
4: You must make a member of the main crew. If you don't there may be long spans of time where you can't interact with anyone, and little kills interest in an RP quicker. You can have other characters.
5: When two characters come to blows, I want both players to agree on the outcome of the fight before they write it. I find this prevents a lot of silly arguments and unfun fights.

Last edited:
Id be interested in giving this a shot, Got a idea for either a Doctor or Marksman, the former being a Devil Fruit user depending how you would deal with them and the later a mermaid.
There was a few questions regarding the AU though, Are the Celestial Dragons, World Nobles etc still a thing like they are in the cannon setting? And are Fishmen/Mermaids treated the same?.
Other than that at what would the starting situation be? ie first island, joining the crew etc?

Id be interested in giving this a shot, Got a idea for either a Doctor or Marksman, the former being a Devil Fruit user depending how you would deal with them and the later a mermaid.
There was a few questions regarding the AU though, Are the Celestial Dragons, World Nobles etc still a thing like they are in the cannon setting? And are Fishmen/Mermaids treated the same?.
Other than that at what would the starting situation be? ie first island, joining the crew etc?
Emperors, Warlords, Marines, the World Government, and the Celestial Dragons all still exist. The races go through the same struggles as canon too. As for the starting island and joining the crew, I planned to discuss this in the OOC. I've seen a lot of One Piece RPS end before the crew could even join together, so I was considering discussing if everyone wanted to already be in the crew at the start.

I'm interested, though would be good to know the limits of devil fruits... my character would be a shipwright/mechanic/inventor (like usopp or franky)
Will the quest for a joke work to put a light spin on the story in general?

I'm interested, though would be good to know the limits of devil fruits... my character would be a shipwright/mechanic/inventor (like usopp or franky)
Will the quest for a joke work to put a light spin on the story in general?

The limits of Devil Fruits. No rules really. I’d prefer if you didn’t all try and make over powered fruits and logia are discouraged, but anything goes within reason.

As for the tone of the story, I will try and match that of the original story so it will have its ups and downs.

Yeah last one I joined kinda died, was same as Janitor one.

Just need to decide which character to bring in since thinking over them again I've got....

Undying Doctor from a island inspired by "We Happy Few" with Regeneration/Zombie Fruit, Singing Irish Mermaid Ex Slave Sniper, Ex-Marine Builder with Lego Lego Paramacia Fruit, Oblivious cowardly Flagbearer who always finds themselves lost into worst situation...with ability to run away from nearly anything when motivated.

My characters devil fruit is a mythical zoan... hope that's ok.
Gonna depend on what sort of mythic zoan / their mastery with it. My GMing strategy is to try and always say yes to what the players want, and I'm not TOO worried about balance so I think we should be able to work something out.

Since enough people have shown interest... BEHOLD! It is up!

I'll start work on CS soon. Just hot back from work and need to take care of food etc before I can start on RP stuff that's not a quick message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back