• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece: The Overshadowed Generation

Does this RP Interest you

• Yes

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Your character is the only one who talks about physical strength from what I read so far. Having powers or weapons doesn't make someone physically strong.
I understand this. But the biggest mention to strength is heavy blows hitting like a sledgehammer. Which is not by any means as impressive in the onepiece verse or the crew we have as it would be in real life. Im not saying i need to make him the hulk or anything ridiculous. Just that the enhancement i have on him now is lower than it would need to be for him to be the “strong man” of the crew. Thats all. Im not worried about him losing or any power playing bullcrap like that. It’s literally just his image that’s important

I mean on the crew i always saw Franky as the Strong man in his normal punches.

Yeah Honeydew isnt stronger physically but she is highly physically conditioned overall, but she likely is better at using the strength she has. Later on, i did plan on her getting into some of the six styles....Rokushiki i think? i always forget the spelling. Had some interesting ideas on how they would use each of the abilities in creative ways instead of straightforward ones.
I actually had the exact same idea. He was gonna master Tekki ,Kami’i, shuko, and later progress into a specially designed style of fishman karate as a non devil fruit progression route incase our crew had to many DF users.

If we dont have too many devil fruit users he will get the Giant Fruit.

still on the fence about it.

Geppo and Soru were the main ones, Tekkai and Shigan as well but lesser so. The rest are nice but not main focuses outside of expanding options.

I mean on the crew i always saw Franky as the Strong man in his normal punches.
Right but the current enhancement on mahi lets him lift about 1000lbs or at least thats what it was in my head canon. Which looking back to early one piece wasnt impressive at all. I mean zoro was lifting multi ton boulders to exercise within the first few dozen episodes before even arlong. Stuff like that.

it wouldnt really change anything about the characters current design or techniques it would just be me adjusting what is considered strong to hetter fit this universe. He wont be lifting any buildings or anything, but carrying one of the ships cannons under his arm, sure thing, having to carry all the food and water supplies when we stop to shop. You bet.

Geppo and Soru were the main ones, Tekkai and Shigan as well but lesser so. The rest are nice but not main focuses outside of expanding options.
Kami’i is my favorite just because the idea of a big buff fishman wobbling like paper is hilarious to me.

also soru is what i meant nor shuko. Soru is the one with kicks shooting energy arcs right?

Hihi! Name's weii, and I'm completely new to the website. Though, I am still an experienced roleplayer. Seeing as I've started binging One Piece over the past few months, I'm interested to try out an rp of the series. Hope there's still a chance I can get in on the fun.

Hihi! Name's weii, and I'm completely new to the website. Though, I am still an experienced roleplayer. Seeing as I've started binging One Piece over the past few months, I'm interested to try out an rp of the series. Hope there's still a chance I can get in on the fun.
Sure! Welcome to the site! Hop over to the cs page and I'll review your character when it's done. You can find a link on a previous page or seek it out through the 'other' directory

1637800897180.png

Name: Adel Bouchard

Nickname: Ada

Sexuality: Bisexual (Female Lean)

Race/Species: Human

Hair Color: Cool Yellow, with pointed pupils

Hair Style: Squared and messy, going to her mid-back

Eye Color: Golden Yellow

Height: 5'1"

Primary Aspiration: While she does not seek any kind of title for herself, her most noteable goal would be able to reach the pinnacle of all swordsmanship, perfecting each and every technique she utilizes to it's absolute best.

Personality: Adel is a tempermental and bombastic woman with an extremely sharp tongue. She is willing to speak her mind about any and every subject no matter what it is, much to other people's probable annoyance, though she is still well aware of the concept of manners. When in the midst of combat, when faced with an enemy of weaker strength, she won't hesitate in lashing out insults at them in order to get the point across that they're weak. The only exception to this are enemies that are weaker, but have much potential to grow. When fighting against someone presumably equal to, or even stronger than herself, her overall demeanor shifts from a confident one to an unusual seriousness.

She's not prone to showing too much kindness thanks to her stubborn nature. Nonetheless, she is willing to spare anyone a helping hand should they need and stands at the absolute nuetral between the affairs of Pirates and Marines, only following her life in the direction of her own moral compass and what she views as fun.

Character Flaws: Because of her tempermental personality, she has some trouble maintaining friendships.

Skills: As an experienced swordsman, Adel is one to be reconed with when it comes to weilding a blade. Besides a sword though, she is well-diverse in others forms of weaponry, martial arts, and combat, having decided to rapidly develop these skills in order to contend with the likes of Devil Fruit users.

Fighting Style: Mizu-Ittoryu | Mizu-Nitoryu

Weapons Carried: Two moderately curved Shobu Zukuri-styled Katana

Fighting Style Description: Mizu is a swordstyle personally developed by the likes of Adel Bouchard that can be used with one or two swords. It gets it's name from the graceful and flowing like motions the user strikes their opponents with, similar to that of water. While the movements do look graceful when gazed upon, they can still do hefty damage if underestimated.

Unique Abilities: Swordsman | Enhanced Perception

Backstory: Very little is known about Adel's past life, nor does she know most of it herself, though the only real thing that is noteable is that she was raised somewhere deep on a island that mostly consisted of vast amount of forest.

Is this still open? I haven’t caught up in One Piece yet, but I’m in far enough I should be able to keep up. (Eps. 544 is where I’m at)

Appearance:
TOvTldxgP6wkNniwopJ4-LWviU8-d3Hja5mHpnDjFgoT2Heaqoqm5NAxnZjI3txtZnlJXCFZxgn7lc00u85BrnbobV3xmkk6BFVV2rqqY829iYlz9pMOKrOxkH_f1TjilBVYXgRh

Name: Garret Ashenbreaker

Nickname: Garre

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Hair Color: Brown

Hair Style: Long and Unkempt

Eye Color: Brown

Height: 6’2

Primary Aspiration: Write a collective histories of the world and its peoples

Personality: When he’s not intoxicated, Garret is often very solemn and in his own head. Once he gets some liquor or beer in him he’s a wild and somewhat unpredictable man to deal with. Spends most of his sober time writing in his book of histories and recording tales he’s heard in passing and his own recount on world events.

Character Flaws: Garrett's Alcoholism and self destructive tendencies never cease to plague him.

Skills: An absolute force with an axe, photographic memory, painstaking attention to detail and fluent in several languages.

Fighting Style: Two Handed Crowd Control- Garrett doesn’t focus on one on one fights, simply swinging his two handed Steelwind through enemy crowds as gashing as many of them as he can to clear a room.

Weapons Carried: Giant Steel Axe called Steelwind

Unique Abilities:
Steelwind Tornado- Garrett spins like a top with Steelwind extended and creates a vortex of singing steel to slice through his opponents.

Backstory: Garrett grew up in a small village in the east blue that was controlled and often raided by the Donquixote pirates. There people paid hefty taxes and tributes to fund projects in Dressrosa. His parents were slain when he was young, leaving him in charge of his baby sister Shanda. It was when he was 17 that Shanda was taken from him by Doflamingo’s men. Killing her in a drunken rage whilst he was working at the docks. When Garrett returned from work, his little sister was dead on their porch, clutching Garretts log of stories he had written down from passerby sailors. This changed something in Garrett. He trained harder with his father’s axe and sleighen the men who had taken the last of his family. He was then forced to leave his home. He burned down his parents house in order to make it look like he had been torched asleep and to the next boat out.

Garrett spent many years traveling from place to place in the East Blue, writing the stories of its people and the events of the times, including news of the new pirate king and his death. Garrett’s log became a heft tome of knowledge, with still room for quite a few chapters. Had he had any will left, perhaps he’d get more serious about writing a log of the world. However, loneliness and hatred consumed Garrett and led him to the bottle. Most of his cash off of odd jobs are spent on booze of any sort. In his moments of clarity, Garrett continued to add however his heart ached at his lack of ambition and loneliness. In one of those moments of clear mind Garrett stowed away on a ship bound for Foosha Island to record more of the homeland of the last Pirate King.

After drinking with the crew for many hours, Garrett finds himself passed on the beach of Foosha village, starving and a bit sick from his partying the night before…

Appearance:
TOvTldxgP6wkNniwopJ4-LWviU8-d3Hja5mHpnDjFgoT2Heaqoqm5NAxnZjI3txtZnlJXCFZxgn7lc00u85BrnbobV3xmkk6BFVV2rqqY829iYlz9pMOKrOxkH_f1TjilBVYXgRh

Name: Garret Ashenbreaker

Nickname: Garre

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Hair Color: Brown

Hair Style: Long and Unkempt

Eye Color: Brown

Height: 6’2

Primary Aspiration: Write a collective histories of the world and its peoples

Personality: When he’s not intoxicated, Garret is often very solemn and in his own head. Once he gets some liquor or beer in him he’s a wild and somewhat unpredictable man to deal with. Spends most of his sober time writing in his book of histories and recording tales he’s heard in passing and his own recount on world events.

Character Flaws: Garrett's Alcoholism and self destructive tendencies never cease to plague him.

Skills: An absolute force with an axe, photographic memory, painstaking attention to detail and fluent in several languages.

Fighting Style: Two Handed Crowd Control- Garrett doesn’t focus on one on one fights, simply swinging his two handed Steelwind through enemy crowds as gashing as many of them as he can to clear a room.

Weapons Carried: Giant Steel Axe called Steelwind

Unique Abilities:
Steelwind Tornado- Garrett spins like a top with Steelwind extended and creates a vortex of singing steel to slice through his opponents.

Backstory: Garrett grew up in a small village in the east blue that was controlled and often raided by the Donquixote pirates. There people paid hefty taxes and tributes to fund projects in Dressrosa. His parents were slain when he was young, leaving him in charge of his baby sister Shanda. It was when he was 17 that Shanda was taken from him by Doflamingo’s men. Killing her in a drunken rage whilst he was working at the docks. When Garrett returned from work, his little sister was dead on their porch, clutching Garretts log of stories he had written down from passerby sailors. This changed something in Garrett. He trained harder with his father’s axe and sleighen the men who had taken the last of his family. He was then forced to leave his home. He burned down his parents house in order to make it look like he had been torched asleep and to the next boat out.

Garrett spent many years traveling from place to place in the East Blue, writing the stories of its people and the events of the times, including news of the new pirate king and his death. Garrett’s log became a heft tome of knowledge, with still room for quite a few chapters. Had he had any will left, perhaps he’d get more serious about writing a log of the world. However, loneliness and hatred consumed Garrett and led him to the bottle. Most of his cash off of odd jobs are spent on booze of any sort. In his moments of clarity, Garrett continued to add however his heart ached at his lack of ambition and loneliness. In one of those moments of clear mind Garrett stowed away on a ship bound for Foosha Island to record more of the homeland of the last Pirate King.

After drinking with the crew for many hours, Garrett finds himself passed on the beach of Foosha village, starving and a bit sick from his partying the night before…

I really enjoy your character but I need two things from you, first please move it to the Cs page linked above. Also please add one more paragraph of personality Information. Perhaps how he changes when intoxicated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back