• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece: The Overshadowed Generation

Does this RP Interest you

• Yes

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Uasal

The Swiftest Shot In The West
I'm interested in starting up a One Piece rp set in a future where Luffy has become the King of the Pirates but Like Rodger passed away before the start of our story. This RP will start off with the captain gathering up a crew in order to head out in search of Luffy's One Piece treasure. The crew will start off as nothing and evolve over time through a multitude of adventures which means that this RP is being planned as a long-lasting RP adventure. This of course also means that a certain level of writing must be maintained, a decent two to three paragraphs at the very least per post. As this is just an interest check I won't be posting everything I've planned but instead just checking if this is something that might interest people before I commit to establishing a proper thread. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and suggestions are also very welcome.

I could be down provided I can call a fruit for my character and them getting it at some point aha

Even as a nothing rookie or decent badass I'd like to make a character get the bomb bomb fruit, though instead of breathing into a gun to fire breath explosions, I see it more like his saliva on a arrow making explosions on impact or the simple bomb punch/ kick sorta deal.

I'd be up for this. Would likely either go for the Juice fruit or a Starfish Fishman.

NeonFlow NeonFlow as far as devil fruits go you can most certainly request that the bomb bomb fruit be put on hold for you and I can later work it into an adventure for your character to find.

blankcanvas blankcanvas that's perfectly fine, this thread is so that I can get a rough idea of how many would be interested in the topic more so than the rp itself.

PlusUltra PlusUltra Taking on the starfish Fishman role is rather strong in and of itself, for balance purposes fishmen characters will have to wait quite some time for fruit powers as strong as the juice juice fruit.

I should clarify, those were 2 different character ideas, not the same character.

I had a one piece character back in the day who used a custom logia fruit called the sentai sentai no mi (Acid). He is a young guy from wano who wants to be a ninja but is kinda passive. I see above that starting with a fruit power is seemingly off limits? Is that the case or can we have a fruit and just be limited in what we can do with it? I can send you a list of all the techniques he will eventually have access to Uasal Uasal

Also volunteering him for Chef, Medic, or Marksman role

Last edited:
Starting with fruit powers is not off-limits but in saying that the power one has will be limited. For example, Luffy and chopper started with fruits but in reality, the most powerful aspect of Luffy's fruit early in the story was his ability to laugh off blunt attacks. Logia type fruits would however prove an issue as logia users are practically invincible save against sea prism stone or very lucky exploitation of weaknesses such as with how crocodile could be hit when wet. It works for a boss character early on but not for your average party member until the new world where haki is more common. For those who wish to start with fruits, I'd ask to stay away from both logia type fruits and ancient zoan type fruits.
TheForce TheForce

Starting with fruit powers is not off-limits but in saying that the power one has will be limited. For example, Luffy and chopper started with fruits but in reality, the most powerful aspect of Luffy's fruit early in the story was his ability to laugh off blunt attacks. Logia type fruits would however prove an issue as logia users are practically invincible save against sea prism stone or very lucky exploitation of weaknesses such as with how crocodile could be hit when wet. It works for a boss character early on but not for your average party member until the new world where haki is more common. For those who wish to start with fruits, I'd ask to stay away from both logia type fruits and ancient zoan type fruits.
TheForce TheForce
Well then i suppose ill rewrite him to still be seeking a fruit, he did have a part of his backstory where that was the case so its not a hard change.

Last edited:
1636675759161.png

Name: Frances Nightingale, Doc. Nightingale. Or more commonly Frances D. Nightingale such as on her wanted poster.

Nickname:
Captain Nightingale

Sexuality: Bisexual

Race/Species:
Human (Needle Human)

Hair Color: Blonde

Hair Style: Ponytail

Eye Color: Steel blue

Height:
5'9

Primary Aspiration: To explore the new world and become a world-renowned doctor. Although she would never admit it she also has aspirations to become known as the worlds best doctor.

Personality: Usually calm in the face of apparent calamities, Nightingale is nearly always able to remain professional during crises, something very important in her line of work. However, she has a hidden darker side that can surface when dealing with rare or yet unknown medical issues or infections. In which cases her lust for experimentation can lead her to torment her patients as she explores all avenues on the path to their recovery.

When out of the office or during her free time on deck Nightingale is relatively laid back, prone to dozing off and in general a fan of teasing other crewmates. Nightingale enjoys sightseeing and shopping but has almost no understanding of the quality of money or goods she intends to buy meaning she must always have someone company her outside the ship for fear she gets the crew scammed. A huge fan of sweets and baked goods.

Character Flaws: Nightingale has no concept of monetary value and thus is always prone to be scammed and or scamming others. Her distaste for bitter foods can leave her in a terrible mood for hours on end. Her habit of experimenting on others when intrigued is quite disturbing and more than excruciating for those involved. As a doctor and surgeon, Nightingale has no shame when it comes to her body and or the body of others meaning she is prone to asking questions or getting into situations others would think extremely embarrassing. Nightingale can often be found sleeping through the most turbulent of seas and or arising situations when off duty. Were she to be kidnapped or a cannon to fire aside her she likely wouldn't budge. Nightingale despises admitting she is wrong.

As a captain, Nightingale is rather carefree. Unlike when she has undertaken a surgery the woman is far more approachable and far more willing to joke around and have fun. Longing for adventure and with a rather hot head, she is typical of the D. name. Her aspiration is to explore the world and become a world-class doctor, but there's plenty of time for an adventure in doing so, the world is a large place after all and pirates, well pirates could go where they pleased!

Skills: A fantastical doctor, Nightingale has cured numerous patients even in late stages, and to date never has one of her patients lost their life. Moreover, she is able to produce medicines similar in quality to those made professionally with just with coals, tar, and other natural substances.

Fighting Style: In battle, Nightingale defends herself by injecting her attackers with anaesthesia and other substances. Her devil Fruit also allows her to pierce armour and tough skin letting her strike tougher opponents with surgical precision to render them temporarily paralysed or unconscious.

Weapons Carried: Scalpels, hypodermic injections and medical supplies.

Devil Fruit: Hari-Hari Fruit (Needle-Needle Fruit)

Devil Fruit Abilities: This devil fruit power allows the user to create needles made of a blue energy-like substance created from the user's hands or mouth. These needles are as hard as iron and extremely sharp allowing for the user to pierce even the thickest of skins. The user can also create a thin string attached from their palms to the needles. The user can absorb the needles back into their hands with a touch or use the string-like energy link to pull them back within their body from a distance.

Devil Fruit Weaknesses: The Hari-Hari fruit is extremely useful in a capable doctors hands and can be used to perform surgery or stitching on the fly. However, this fruit does come with some drawbacks. With each needle created the user will suffer a hit to their energy, depending on the length and sharpness of the needle created and indeed the length of string attached the user can end up fatigued rather quickly. The further a needle travels from the user's body the quicker their energy is depleted, using needles as projectiles in battle while effective is very tiring for the user. After all these needles are a part of the user's body thus moving the needles far away from the source is akin to pulling on one's limbs, the damage inflicted on the needles will also be felt by the user and if a needle is dropped into the ocean the user will very quickly become effected by the oceans draining effects.

Unique Abilities: Devil fruit user, Surgeon

Backstory: Nightingale was born into a family of surgeons aligned with the Marines, her father Frances Nightingale being quite famous for his miraculous track record in theatre. Nightingale's mother however was nothing overly special in comparison but in terms of surgeons, she was more than qualified for her position within the Marines. Life growing up was tough for Nightingale, sure she was the only child in a very well off and respected family but she was practically raised by herself in a big and empty house on Marine HQ Island. Perhaps it wasn't as tough as being an orphan out on the streets of Fishman Island but it was tough in its own way.

Growing up Nightingale was a highly intelligent child, spending her days alone at home reading through mountains of medical research her parents had stored up in their personal library. By the age of ten Nightingale had finished reading everything her parents had stored up and she began experimenting with surgery on live fish she'd procure from the docks. In the following four years, Nightingale would come to find the Hari Hari fruit within the stomach of one of these fish, trapped within a wooden box it had swallowed. Researching what fruit it was wouldn't be necessary as it was one of the very few fruits named and pictured in her parent's books. The needle fruit, a devil fruit highly sought after by surgeons the world over. Eating the fruit took courage and left Nightingale in a terrible state for several days before her body took to the powers of the fruit. It was at this point Nightingale began training her powers for surgery more seriously. Moving on to dummies and eventually deceased pirate corpses in the Navy Academy.

At 18 Nightingale graduated at the top of her class and began working in the Navy HQ's theatre alongside her father who, although sour about her devil fruit power, did his best to pass on as many practical skills as he could to his daughter. At twenty Nightingale was making a name for herself as a head surgeon in her own theatre with her mother as her second, having taken over her position. The navy had high hopes for Nightingale and saw her as a replacement for her father when her track record began shaping up to be like his own. She would go on to do great things here in the HQ. Or so they thought. You see Nightingale vanished on the eve of her 22nd birthday and has been travelling ever since to widen her understanding of the world and different diseases, infections and remedies she could use in practice. She has yet to let a patient die and in the past year she has wound up on the east blue island of Foosha aiding with the influx of those severely wounded from the aftermath of a recent navy battle.

Here is an example of a character sheet for you all, this will be my character and the Captain of our crew. Note she is a surgeon and not a doctor so a medic is still welcome on board.

Wow, never thought I'd see the day where a One Piece related plot was posted! I've never clicked on something so quickly! I'm interested. One question-- could characters have custom devil fruit powers (as long as they aren't overpowered, obviously)?

Wow, never thought I'd see the day where a One Piece related plot was posted! I've never clicked on something so quickly! I'm interested. One question-- could characters have custom devil fruit powers (as long as they aren't overpowered, obviously)?
I think so. After all he is allowing me to use one. (It was gonna be acid logia now its gonna be Giant zoan.)

I think so. After all he is allowing me to use one. (It was gonna be acid logia now its gonna be Giant zoan.)

She and yes custom fruits are welcome but I will need to discuss their applications with you beforehand for balance purposes. My characters ability is a custom fruit so it would be rather unfair not to allow others the use of custom fruits too

I'll hold off for a CS thread before I throw something up then I guess

Please do, my Cs was more so you all could see an example of what I would be expecting in terms of writing level and Cs

I am very interested got a few ideas floating around for characters already! Think I'm planning to stay away from a devil fruit got to have at least one of us that can swim.

That's does not need to be the case no, the rp will begin in luffys home town during the aftermath of a navy battle somewhere off the coast.

I plan to have nightingale gather her crew there for the most part. Although saying that you may join on the next island or even later. Likewise how you ended up on the island is up to you

hee ho hey there, is this still open? if so i'd be happy to join.

i've already got ideas for character's and i'll go with whatever role in the crew you guys want.

edit: this is just out of cruiousity and i'm probably not gonna do it but are we allowed to use character's from other fandom's so long as we give a good bio and transfer their abilities into the world of one piece in a way that makes sense?

Last edited:
hee ho hey there, is this still open? if so i'd be happy to join.

i've already got ideas for character's and i'll go with whatever role in the crew you guys want.

edit: this is just out of cruiousity and i'm probably not gonna do it but are we allowed to use character's from other fandom's so long as we give a good bio and transfer their abilities into the world of one piece in a way that makes sense?
This is just an interest check so it's still open. I'd prefer if everyone uses original characters personally

She and yes custom fruits are welcome but I will need to discuss their applications with you beforehand for balance purposes. My characters ability is a custom fruit so it would be rather unfair not to allow others the use of custom fruits too
Okay, nice! If you decide to make a character sheet thread and start the roleplay I would certainly be interested! I wouldn't mind my character showing up farther along in the journey after a few others (or a lot of others) have already joined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back