Some basics on how I'll run this.
- Will be a story set in the world of OP as it is in the Anime/Manga, with some changes here or there. AU elements will come with us adding to the lore and some characters being replaced/events altered. Things that we can add are limitless. Original islands on a unique grand line route, original enemies of both Pirate and Marine origin, our own impact on global politics and pirate power boundaries, there's ample opportunity for an original story without erasing the entire world of OP. Characters from the original story will exist in this RP but they are not the focus. There's so much room to breathe in the OP verse that changing the Fleet Admiral from Sengoku/Akainu to "Anime OC NPC #83" is pointless tedium to me. And yes, that means the Straw Hats do exist in this verse, but in practice they're just another notable pirate crew existing somewhere, they won't steal the focus. We might have some fun overlap with pirates and marines from the main story but again, this is an original story from the west blue (unexplored) on our own grand line route (unexplored).
- The beginning of the RP will be on an island in the west blue. A prison transport crashes on an island after a huge storm and there is an escape of prisoners. You can choose a prisoner character (Pirate, Political Prisoner, Archeologist, Revolutionary), a native of the island turned pirate (there will be a unifying enemy that outlaws you in this case), a drifter, bounty hunter or passing pirate that isn't in shackles. From there the adventure will begin in earnest with arch after arch of (hopefully) interesting things. The RP will be structured in episodes, and I will try my best to account for player choice without lacking direction in the story.
- New characters can be added in a bunch of different ways and I'll always be accepting to the crew.
- There will be two threads for RPing. The Main and the Galley, a secondary thread for tighter interactions and day to day stuff. That way everyone gets what they want from the RP.
- I won't be the power police for the most part, but Logias are restricted until later on. If I allow Logias in the West Blue it will make every fight an immediate stomp until Sabody. Haki isn't a concern until deep GL/New World so I can't allow it in because then I need to make Haki users grow on trees/every enemy gets worldstarred for the first eight archs lol. I wish it didn't have to be that restrictive but Logias would make my job as a GM impossible without compromising the logic of the verse. It's hard to create tension/tough archs when one of your crewmates is an untouchable God for months/years IC, it is what it is.