• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Japanime

✧☽ 𝒹 𝓇 𝑒 𝒶 𝓂 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 ☾✧

THE LEGEND OF REBIRTH

It is said that there is a treasure so grand, so glorious, so magnificent, that when someone finds it, the entire world will be shaken to its core. This discovery will mark the end of one era and the beginning of another.

The name of this treasure is... ONE PIECE.

Twenty-five years ago, a pirate did indeed shake the world by finding this very treasure. His name was Thatch D. Winsted.

THE BLANK ERA

Three hundred years ago, there was said to have been a Great Pirate Era. The first King of the Pirates, whose name is now buried and lost, discovered a great treasure. Two decades later, a second Pirate King was named after he found One Piece. A great battle meant to change the world took place. But, the King of the Pirates failed just when victory was within his reach. His legacy and the changes he brought to the world despite his defeat were swiftly buried by the confederacy of over one hundred and seventy nations: The World Government.

This era came to be known as The Blank Era, the history of which is quarantined from the world's populace.

Many set out in search of this history from which only one name survived. The name of the greatest treasure in the world: One Piece.

THE LEGEND OF THATCH WINSTED

Thatch D. Winsted and Seth D. Bernadette came from a small town in the South Blue, from where they set off on one of the grandest adventures ever known to the world. Gathering for themselves many powerful crewmates, they entered the Grand Line and earned incomparable notoriety. As captain of the Red Scarf Pirates, Winsted's fame continued to surge when people began to know him as "Thatch Winsted".

Twenty-five years ago, the Red Scarf Pirates found the legendary treasure of One Piece. There was a massive battle near the end of the New World. Winsted and the Red Scarf Pirates battled the Navy and the World Government to protect the location of One Piece. In the end, the Red Scarf Pirates lost, and Winsted was captured. Many of his crewmates had managed to escape, and some even went on to later become very well known pirates themselves.

Upon his capture, he was promptly executed at the Marine Headquarters, Marineford, in Paradise. His execution was broadcast far and wide. Moments before his head was removed, he spoke to the world with a devilish smile. "They take my life because they fear what I could have done after finding it. Change the world! Find that treasure, find One Piece!"

Adventurers all over the world were thrilled by these words and quickly set sail to the Grand Line to find One Piece.

THE CONQUEROR'S WAR

Twenty years after the Pirate King's dying declaration, the seas were slowly simmering. Many pirates who had once sailed in the hopes of finding One Piece, were now giving up to despair and hopelessness.

Then, to drive a final nail in the coffin, the Navy found and imprisoned the wife and former first mate of WInsted, Seth D. Bernadette, who had hidden away from the world.

Hearing this news, one of the crew members of the original Red Scarf Pirates, who had now gone on to become a Yonkou, went on a rampage. The name of this pirate was Brawley "Silver Hair" Keic. Along with his crew, the Silver Hair Pirates, he destroyed many World Government facilities along the Grand Line in search of Bernadette. He was titled "The Conqueror" due to his actions and became known as the most troublesome Yonkou of his time.

The Navy decided to put an end to his war by calling him out to a decisive battle. They scheduled the execution of Bernadette at the same place where her husband met his fate.

The bait succeeded. The Conqueror and the Silver Hair Pirates attacked Marineford in full force. An apocalyptic battle ensued, which was broadcast to many an island in hopes of deterring piracy in the future. The Silver Hair Pirates inflicted great losses upon the elite of the Navy, but the Marines gained the upper hand against their greatly outnumbered foes. Bernadette’s tears from the moment those executioner’s blades pierced her heart would haunt the dreams of even the most stone-hearted. The Conqueror's indignation wrought upon the Marines a debilitating loss. With a single attack, he destroyed the Pillar of Justice. The monumental headquarters of the Navy.

The admirals, led by the Fleet Admiral, attacked The Conqueror in unison to end him in his near-death state. Before he fell into the sea from their final strike, he spoke bold words to the world, just like Winsted had.

"One Piece is real! When the King of the Pirates fought the world, they told you he lost. They lied! He beat them all... but surrendered to defend the legacy of One Piece. They called him Thatch Winsted. They lied! My captain's name was Thatch D. Winsted. A new era is coming... a dawn where old values of freedom will prevail as they once did long ago. A rebirth. The Will of D will never die! It will lead its next successors to define the future at the end of the world... At Laugh Tale!"

REBIRTH

The final words of The Conqueror awakened the curiosity of adventurers old and young. The Great Pirate Era was once again revived, now more profoundly than ever.

It has been four years since The Conqueror's War, and adventurers from all over the world are setting sail into the Rebirth of Piracy while the World Government has its hands full with another revived enemy, the New Revolutionary Army.

Alright so for the most part, this roleplay will follow the tale of a certain pirate crew. (The main cast.) And their adventures in The Great Pirate Era. You do not have to be apart of the main pirate crew just to be apart of the roleplay. You can choose to be a marine, revolutionary, agent of the world government, or something else because it would be awesome to have those roles filled too. As the roleplay grows and more people join, the more the cast will grow and the more different roles will branch off. That being said, here are the roles for the main pirate crew:

Main Pirate Crew
Captain - Japanime Japanime

First Mate - Open

Cook - FlorenceTheDragonGirl FlorenceTheDragonGirl

Doctor - Dimple Doll Dimple Doll

Navigator - Open

Shipwright - Phayne Phayne

Sniper/Gunner - Open

Quartermaster - PlusUltra PlusUltra

Like I said, if these roles fill up, don't fret! You can take the role of something else. Let me know if you have any questions.​

Last edited:
If this kicks up I'd like to join if I can make a character whose eaten the bomb bomb fruit. Able to turn his body into a bomb, himself saliva urine his breath etc.
Mr five I think his name was in the original show... The dude should have been more aha

Id be up for this though im flexable on crew role so will leave that open for now.

Sounds interesting. Unsure on crew role so I'll leave that open for now.
What are you looking for in terms of post length, frequency, etc.? And what's the rule on Devil Fruits?

If this kicks up I'd like to join if I can make a character whose eaten the bomb bomb fruit. Able to turn his body into a bomb, himself saliva urine his breath etc.
Mr five I think his name was in the original show... The dude should have been more aha
Sure. Your character could eat that fruit.
Id be up for this though im flexable on crew role so will leave that open for now.
Gotcha.
Sounds interesting. Unsure on crew role so I'll leave that open for now.
What are you looking for in terms of post length, frequency, etc.? And what's the rule on Devil Fruits?
As far as post length I'm looking for a minimum of a paragraph. A good one that you only resort to when you feel like there's really nothing else to write. Whoever you're roleplaying with should also be able to understand and easily respond to what was in your paragraph. For post frequency I'd hope for a minimum of twice a week and let me know if you will be going on any breaks or absences. The rule on Devil Fruits is simple. You are allowed to start with a Devil Fruit but you must put it in your History when the Character Sheet is posted. You can also have and come up with custom Devil Fruits but be sure to run them by me first.

Not sure how it would happen but my idea for a character is a somewhat tribal hunter who has eaten said fruit, his goal of hunting and eating large beasts and such could easily lead him to piracy but idk how he would become first mate unless he and the captain hit it off tremendously

Not sure how it would happen but my idea for a character is a somewhat tribal hunter who has eaten said fruit, his goal of hunting and eating large beasts and such could easily lead him to piracy but idk how he would become first mate unless he and the captain hit it off tremendously
We could discuss the history behind them through PM if you want?
im interested in being the cook i dont think my character will have eaten a devil fruit
Sounds good.

Question when and were do you want to put character sheet and how do you want the character sheet to be formatted?
I'm gonna wait to see if this gets anymore interest and then I will make a Character Sheet and post it so you guys can fill it out. When you fill it out, you can format, desgin, and stylize however you like as long as you fill out the information I request. Also you would post you Character Submissions in the Character Thread.

Im going to go with Historian/Writer i think to leave others open. Though for ship functions can go more Quartermaster.

Interested in Shipwright role

Edit: Can he have eaten a Zoan bull fruit? ;x

Last edited:
Fruitwise, was going to go for the Shibo Shibo no Mi if that was allowed? (Smoothies Fruit) with a few minor stunts in mind with it that hadnt really been shown but would make sense.

With the main cast being filled up, I'll get out a Character Sheet hopefully later tonight. If not, then definitely tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back