• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Cherluca Nyneve | The Red Demon

Appearance
A little pale, covered in blood and mild injuries. His right cheek has gauze on it. Has some sketches and a pencil in hand.

Current Action
Inspecting the interior walls of the ship with Nicole.

Lil' Amyth - Hidden bay - In the Red Ribbon pirate ship's interior

Interactions

Scribe_6 Scribe_6 shadowdude505 shadowdude505 grudge grudge

Mentions
MazaInferno MazaInferno
Though mildly amused by the fist-bump the little Dugong gave one of their new crewmates, Cher focused his attention on the newest crew member, the shipwright, he had yet to be acquainted with. He vaguely understood most of the matters he spoke of, but his knowledge of ship maintenance has always been rather lacking. Perhaps it was because ships didn't seem particularly necessary for someone of his race, so he subconsciously placed it as a lower priority. It was a bad habit; one he would have to rectify sooner or later. He nodded in understanding towards Roam's instructions, carefully taking the sketches and pencil from the human after wiping his fingers on his shirt out of courtesy.

"I'm Cher, nice to meet you."

He bobbed his head politely. It was only now he realized that he had yet to introduce himself to everyone else, but, considering how Higo had shouted his name many times previously, it was likely they knew his name anyway. Returning Captain Scarlet's nod, he slowly turned towards Nicole and began summarizing the instructions he had been given.

"We're going to check if any interior walls need reinforcement, mark them on these sketches, and move spare boards to their locations to be reinforced later."

He explained concisely, giving the rockstar a calm glance, before being absorbed in quickly analyzing the little diagrams he was given. Though simple, the sketches could still showcase a certain level of experience in this field. It seems, like the others, their rather ordinary-looking shipwright was not someone to be underestimated either.

"Let's get goi-"

Cher was interrupted by the sound of a shrill scream, by someone he knew nonetheless, causing him to turn his head sharply in the direction of the kitchen. Before he could investigate, however, the sound of their doctor damaging the railing and bursting through the kitchen door relieved his worries. He could fortunately peek at Higo's condition from where he stood, and he seemed fine...ish. Their doctor would probably patch him up soon enough... even if she seemed a bit angry at the moment. Glancing back over at the railing, he noted the cracks in the wood and wondered if he should mark it down for reinforcement... and also if Arabelle's fist was okay. He vividly remembered the sound of her bones creaking not too long ago, afterall.

"Well... the doors are open now, let's get going."

Cher quickly brought himself out of his own stupor, trying to focus back on the task he was assigned, and turning towards his partner. As he made his way through the ship interior, pressing on each wall in a repetitive but rhythmic fashion, he lightly stepped over the crowd of his fellow crewmates to continue deeper with Nicole. He didn't forget to pat Higo lightly on the shoulder though, with red eyes that had mixed emotions of both reassurement and pity. He almost wanted to say 'you asked for this', but Higo was already in a pitiful enough situation, with his swollen and almost unrecognizable face.

For Cher, the ship's interior seemed much bigger than he initially thought from outside. There seemed to be so many rooms, even if some walls were only recently assembled to give that layout. He and Nicole had their work cut out for them. But, monotonous work was quite the norm for him, after years of spending days and nights repetitively patrolling an underwater city. He didn't mind it too much, but he wondered how their lively and excitable rockstar thought of it.

It seemed most of the walls that needed reinforcement were located quite deep in the ship, likely due to them being the oldest, at least, that's what Cher's inexperienced brain assumed was the reason. However, once he realized that he was standing in front of a room with indecipherable buzzing and scuttling noises behind it, his line of thought immediately froze. Recalling Higo's appearance not too long ago, he quickly turned around and located Nicole, before poking her lightly on the shoulder.

"...Uh, well, I think that's the insect room."

He began stiffly, a little unsure of how to make his case here.

"I don't know if we need to check the walls inside of that room, but, um, if possible could you check the walls around it for me? Being near that room... makes me uncomfortable."

He explained with lowered eyes and a calm expression, but his stiff posture displayed his unease.

"I can take over the rest of the inspection in exchange, if you would like."

He offered finally, peeking at her expression.

Alicia Harte
I41g59f.jpg

Alicia gasped out as she was taken back hearing Higo shout, the girl looking rather meekly in fear seeming to register his yelling as if she had held in the wrong way rather then thinking it was the fact she was holding him in the first place. The girl squeaked as he wiggled free a look of horror on her face as she stumbled over looking deathly afraid he might be even more hurt and it was her fault. His words attempting to downplay his condition only creating the opposite effect making her worried she had inflicted that much more suffering on him and he was just being nice to try and not upset her. As he walked away Alicia looking quite worried despite feeling powerless to stop him despite being, in her mind, being quite hurt.

...and then he stepped out of the room.

Alicia looked at him seeing him now clearly swollen as he crawled towards her. The maid looking on in fright nearly about to scream in horror from the very sight jumping back in the air with what would be a normally delicate step instead coming up with a loud thud from all her weight bouncing up at once and slamming into the floor causing it to creak seeming like it might just suddenly collapse from such force on her part. She hadn't expected to see such a scary sight too shocked to immediately go to pick him up. Her hands held over her mouth as he laid there seemingly unconscious. How could she of done such a thing, it was clearly her fault, her eyes watering as she seemed ready to cry stumbling to gain her composure to try and pick the poor Higo up....

That was when the scary demon doctor came.

Alicia stared at her the look of fear having only grown more intense as she heard her voice. It turned into a full on fearful shaking in her heals as her gaze shifted directly to her as true horror befell her. The terrified maid looking on quivering as if she was looking upon a ghost trying her best to stay calm as she so meekly nodded her head, looking as if she was about to pass out on the floor much like Higo had from pure fear. Her eyes still watering as she blinked back the tears trying to stay as composed as she could.

"Y... y...y... y... ye.... yes... m... m.. miss... er... d.... doctor..." She spoke out fumbling a response her words quite jumbled coming out of her mouth. Her head turned to see others having approached though quite too fearful to looking away from Arabell simply bowing her head blinking as to fight back the tears attempting to leave her eyes afraid for her own life now even more so then worrying about the poor Higo at this point. She typically put the sake of others above herself, but this doctor lady.... she scared her.

Interacting: grudge grudge Damafaud Damafaud MazaInferno MazaInferno
Mention: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Scribe_6 Scribe_6 shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Aya Thorn
Is slowly learning how to header.
Lady Warlock Lady Warlock SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Scribe_6 Scribe_6 shadowdude505 shadowdude505

20210903_081134-jpg.910321

Look at this cool line
"Work as a lookout? Sounds good, i got the best sight on all these seas, unless there's like a three eyes race too" Aya said in a ironic tone, unknowing of how right she was to assume so. She took a bit to unpack her bags and place the spare clothing in one big pile to make herself a form of makeshift bad.

Hearing some movement below her new bed up in the crows nest, Aya would swing over the edge and drop down, landing right beside Cher, a person she had yet to meet. "Hey people, what's the commotion?" She said as she landed, as she had heard some form of yelling from two of the other people near there, one of which seemed to be completely pissed at the second, but she didn't pay much mind to that. She took a look at the people around her, two were strangers but the third seemed to be someone she knew, kind of, the girl with the exact same style as herself. The other two were total strangers however. "Heard something about a checkup, mind if i tag around? I'm growing restless already, that fight from before got my blood pumping good." She started scratching her neck with her right hand and placed her left on her left hip, before shifting her weight onto her right leg. As she did this movement, some strands of hair fell in front of her left eye which she blew away and grinned.​

WP4IXNq.png

Mary Read

Taking a seat upon one of the barrels she idly observes the ships growing ever closer, though despite being aware of their dwindling time she did not seem to be overly concerned about it even if the chances they have been spotted were increasing by the moment. Turning back to the captain as she finally answered her grin would widen slightly as her hand raised towards their mouth.

"Oh? Then both repairs on the go, limited supplies, and a dangerous route all while being pursued? Hmm, that is quite an interesting plan but I think I could manage to find the way. Ill get us started while our little helmsman hops along" Hopping to her feet herself she would walk up the higher section of the ship where the wheel was positioned and gets ready to plot the course needed. "As stated before, North East around the cape and true north for an hour or so on the current headwind, then hard to port on the west and the red line should be visible within the week....weather conditions and unexpected obstacles permitting of course so be ready for the occsaional adjustments" spinning the wheel with one hand before slapping it to a stop in the turning position she gestures to the side with a free limb "Raising the anchor to get us started as well"

Truth be told she had expected maybe a stop off at some closer island to supply or at least get the measure of the crew before heading directly to the grand line, though she would be lying if the method wasn't an efficient one. Sure it was the most dangerous short of cutting across the calm belt, but a trial by fire did tend to find out who was capable and who was not in the most immediate manner. Though that wonderment had time to simmer for the moment, for now they needed to get on their way,

"LADIES, GENTLEMEN AND THAT TECHNICOLOR RAINBOW IN BETWEEN...WE CAN ARGUE MORE AT SEA AS MARINE CANNON FIRE IS LIKELY TO PROVE A FAR MORE PERSUASIVE VOICE THAN ANY IN YOUR CURRENT ENGAGEMENT" She spins slightly and throws her arm out ina dramatic bow as her voice would carry across the area "We have a Helm in need of manning, Sails in need of unfurling and Anchor in need of raising.....we have little things to due and great time to do it in...hmm no actually lets reverse that shall we?"

Nicole Robbins

depm1om-09af5238-7819-4f6d-8d92-e2005d1b404b.jpg
Nicole nodded after Cher's explanation. She was about to follow him when Aya dropped down from the crows nest.

"Nope. The more the merrier," she replied, flashing her "twin" a charismatic grin.

Many hands make light work. To some, it may seem like boring work; but it was something that needed to be done.

When analyzing her, Cher would find that her smile never disappeared. Her posture was more laid back, but she was also focused on the task at hand. She also hummed to herself. Once the chorus came along, that hum turned into a song. "So come aboard, and bring along all your hopes and dreams. Together we will find everything that we're looking for. There's always room for you. So if you want to be my friend. We are, we are, on the cruise!..."

Suddenly she found a lose board. "Oy! Found a spot," she called over to Cher.

A while later, the three of them were near the insect room.

"Sure, I'll check it out. No problem." She gave Cher a two fingered salute and walked over to the buzzing wall. "Aya, give me a hand with the other half."

After a few moments of checking, the outer walls of the insect room seemed ship shape.

"Looks good to me, Cher," she replied, flashing him a grin. "Hopefully Andar doesn't keep termites in here." She lightly knocked on the wall, like she was trying to get good luck.

Traveler Traveler SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Higo was unconscious.

Well, he was.

That was until the sound of the door slamming open caused his eyelids to shoot up, his fingers digging into the floor as his whole body tensed up. Without even looking over, he could feel the intense pressure that suddenly entrapped the room like a viscous oil, threatening to catch flame.

Sweat quickly began to drip down from his brow like rainfall as Arabell crouched down next to him, and as she recited what he had said prior, his pupils instantly contracted into dots as they began to bounce around his eyes like a ping pong ball.

"S-SHE HEARD MEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Higo's teeth clenched tightly as he finally dared to look up to face Arabell from his face-down position on the ground.

From his perspective, despite the smile she wore, the raging inferno that rose from behind her cast truth on her emotions, and as a massive pair of demonic eyes shaped itself from the fire, one clear message came to him as he glanced down at the hand that was outstretched towards him...

death-valley.png

But then Cher and Nicole made their way into the room, completely extinguishing the intense tension placed in the room. Higo's expression instantly went deadpan, watching as Cher pressed on each wall as if he was checking something, cutting through the entire scene without care. Seemingly done with what he wanted to do, he made his exit, but not without patting Higo on the shoulder and giving him a look of mixed emotions.

Watching him leave, Higo's expression didn't change even after the pair left the room, blinking silently as he laid there for a moment, then something clicked.

"What was with that look? That totally was a 'you asked for this' type of look! Why I oughta--"

Before he could let himself get lost in his own petty annoyance, the refocus on the devious aura that Arabell brought with her into the room caused his attention to snap back to her.

He needed to get out of this situation; the last thing he wanted to do was get dragged away by that Doctor for her to 'treat' him. She'd probably force an apology out of him, or maybe even cut his tongue, so he COULDN'T apologize.

Nevertheless, the woman was dangerous, and he had no intention of letting himself be a victim.

With a sudden burst of energy, Higo pushed himself off the ground, bringing himself to his feet steadily. Quickly twirling around, he brought his hands to his face, and in a flurry of palms and fingers, he twisted his face around as if it was some kind of dough. Turning back around with his face covered, he pulled them off and splayed his fingers wide, revealing his 'new' look. With a chiseled jawline, pointed nose, and starry eyes, his bumps were utterly gone but instead replaced with an appearance of someone who barely recognized Higo.

"Help? I'm afraid not, dear Doctor!" He said, sliding over to Arabell and placing a hand under his chin. "While I appreciate the offer from someone as marvelous and skilled as you…." He paused to glance over, a glint in his eye. "I am perfectly healthy, in great condition! As you can see."

He twisted away from the Demonic Doctor to stand behind Andar, putting a pinkie in his ear. "And you Mr. Beastman, I can't believe you'd call the wonderful Doctor here a Demon! How terrible!" He scoffed, in an attempt to pan off the blame, though it was clear that he wasn't fooling anyone.

Taking a long step towards the door, he made some distance between everyone else, giving a bright smile as he clapped his hands together in a loud clap. "Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I think I hear my name being called! Must be pretty important so….talktoyoulaterbye!"

Smooth as a criminal, Higo slid out of the open door, using the back of his foot to slam it close. And as soon as he did, he pressed his body against it, letting out such a powerful breath of relief it was visible in the ear. Slowly, his face morphed back to normal, prompting him to bring his hands up, adjust his jaw, and rub his cheeks. While physically he had taken care of the swelling forcefully, the pain was very much there.

Speaking of.

Hopping into the nearest open barrel, there was a quiet moment before a muffled scream cascaded around the whole deck, the force causing the barrel's wood to expand and strain with enough vibration to make it tip over. Higo came crawling out of it like a zombie, his face completely drained of color and life as he let out a defeated grunt and rested his head against the floor once more.

He would be content to just lay there for a while, but he had no choice but to raise his head up as the sound of someone calling his name coursed through the whole ship. "... That's that redhead's voice isn't it?" Higo thought, slowly bringing himself back up to his feet. "Least she has the respect to address me as Higo-san….But what the hell is she calling my name for?"

He pondered it for a bit, but another loud voice came and interrupted his thoughts. While it wasn't as loud as before, it certainly got its point across. If memory serves him right, that voice was owned by 'Big Blue,' and it sounded like they were getting ready to set sail.

Higo smirked, a small well of excitement in his chest. Everything was going to plan. He had found a way to get off the island quickly and avoid the marines. Not only that, he found a gullible crew he could take advantage of until a good opportunity presented itself to stab them in the back, just like any true pirate would.

...Though, he still had to wonder what the redhead wanted with him, seeing as they were preparing to set sail.

No choice but to look for himself.

Putting on his smile to mask his indifference, he made his way towards the source of the outcry until he was finally able to spot the woman in question.

He walked over with a confidant strut, brushing his hair out of his face in an attempt to look 'cool' as he approached.

"You called?"

Preparing to Sail

6220aa23854148542a9266eb52d195c0.jpg

Andar Jaranath
Beastbound Master
On and In the Ship

Higo-chan, bless his heart, left the kitchen in a huff, all angry and huffing. Being hauled like a sack of potatoes hurt his pride. A sack of apples, since he bruised so easily. It was all part of his charm.

"Do you think he listened when I talked about the insect room, Zarith?" mused Andar.

A shrill, girlish scream and violent buzzing answered him. Higo crawled in, marked all over by the attack of a swarm. Andar laughed over Alicia's scream of horror. Ramphasti had done a great job. He recognized at least seven different types of bite, though he hadn't seen their species yet. A pity he didn't see any mark from killer wasps, but to find this many in a non-tropical island was already good.

Then, the realization hit like a truck.

ZARITH!

His expression changed. He ignored the doctor, the shouts, and rushed down the dock. And there, just where he left it, was a fish bowl with a half-moon betta fish swimming around. The moment the fish saw him, it turned away with a humph.

Noooo! Andar panicked inside. "I'm sorry, ah, I forgot! The bar was not- now, don't sulk, again! Ale is not good for you, ah!"

Andar spent the rest of the afternoon trying to placate the sulking Zarith.

Interactions: -
Mentions:-

Captain Scarlet Johannah Indigrid
Red-haired-female-anime-character-digital-wallpaper-fantasy-.jpg
As she waited for her summons to be answered, she stood on deck and watched as various members of her new crew settled in. She had missed the hustle and bustle of running a ship; really, it hadn’t been that long, but she still had missed it. Scarlet hoped that this time, they were able to keep things together long enough to actually make some progress on the journey ahead. Normally, the young captain would’ve been upset about someone else hollering out orders to the crew, but she really wasn’t concerned about Mary’s shouting to try and get things moving. Then again, Scarlet would probably echo it soon enough just to make sure everyone understood. Delegating a bit here in the beginning would likely be wise as well, and she thought she understood most of her new crew members well enough to do that adequately.

And that all started with Higo at the helm.

She turned to face him when he approached her and Scarlet smiled brightly. “Yes, I did,” she replied. “I was thinking someone as awesome as yourself would be great at the helm of our lovely ship! Can I trust you with that, Higo?” As a captain, she knew there was value in giving people options at times, but Scarlet also knew that she needed to make sure everyone’s position was covered. “I could do it, but the crew is new so I’d like to have some time to get to know everyone a little bit more and be able to manage the response to a marine encounter if we have to manage one.”

Shrugging her shoulders, she kind of left the option up to him as she thought about how she could divide up the rest of the work that needed to be done for their journey to truly begin.

“Awesome! Thanks Higo! I knew you would be up to the challenge. Mary’s navigating so she’ll give you our heading,” Scarlet truly was sincere, and she gestured towards Mary as she said that she was navigating. She didn’t imagine many of their crew knew the names of everyone else on board just yet, although she hoped that they would reach that point eventually.

“Alright. Well, thanks anyway. I thought you would be the best person for the job, but I guess I was wrong. You must not be the true Incredible Higo-San after all.” It was, of course, an attempt to hopefully guilt him into accepting the role, but Scarlet wasn’t entirely hopeful it would work.

Regardless of how that conversation ended, Scarlet still had to turn and address the rest of her crew when it was resolved. Her voice shouted out to everyone on the deck of her ship. “Red Ribbon Pirates! It’s time to take to the seas! Aya, Arabelle, Nerissa, unfurl the sails so the wind can carry us! Alicia, Roam and Andar, hoist the anchor! To the grand line!” Her cheer was absolutely delightful. She was obviously excited to get things started.

grudge grudge Hanarei Hanarei Damafaud Damafaud Scribe_6 Scribe_6 QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Traveler Traveler PlusUltra PlusUltra MazaInferno MazaInferno

Interactions/Mentions: Lady Warlock Lady Warlock PlusUltra PlusUltra

Compared to Scarlet's genuine smile, Higo's grin was forced. He couldn't find himself to be happy in the presence of the woman; after all, she was the biggest wrench in his whole plan. The captain standing at the highest power of this recently assembled crew was apparently trained by one of the Yonko.

Someone who was seeking to claim the One Piece, just like him.

Not to mention, her devil fruit would be troublesome to go up against, though he could be grateful he got to see it in action for himself instead of coming across her on the sea as an enemy and having to adapt to it first hand.

These thoughts swirled around in his head as he looked down at her, but there was one key point he made clear in his head.

He couldn't leave this ship until he was confident that this woman wouldn't be able to get in his way in the future.

It's what a true pirate would do.

A shadowy visage appeared over him as his gaze hardened, an internally displayed manifestation of his true feelings towards the whole situation.

However, the woman's question would cause the darkness to get blown away in a gust of wind, his cheeks flapping and hair blowing away from the force of it.

"I was thinking someone as awesome as yourself would be great at the helm of our lovely ship! Can I trust you with that, Higo?"

He blinked at her as his mouth sat agape slightly.

"Eh? Me? Helm the ship?" He responded back with a slight tilt of his head as he pointed to himself.

"She really wants to trust me steering the ship?" He questioned it, though he knew that she was serious.

There was no issue with her choice. Higo had steered plenty of different ships of various sizes (though most ended up destroyed by things out of his control), but it's not as if she knew that. Was she just lucky with her choice of picking him, or did she just have an ability to read people he didn't know about?

He stared at her silently for a good while, leaning forward slightly as his eyes narrowed...

Only to slingshot back to standing straight up again, giving a shrug and a small exhale from his nose. "Nope, it's totally blind luck she picked me."

Higo put a hand on his chin as he contemplated the pros and cons of this situation.

The Pros were that performing this task would most likely make everyone more trusting of him, and an established position as 'helmsman' would definitely give him some leeway.

The Cons…

Higo closed his eyes as he could visibly see the scene where he turned the boat too far left, causing it to scrape against a pile of rocks jutting out of the sea with a loud cracking sound. He blinked before giving a shaky turn around to face the rest of the crew, who gave him quite demonic looks.

A cold sweat went down Higo's face as he felt dissuaded by his own imagination, giving a nervous smile. "Well, handling a ship with all these people on it is a pretty big responsibility, y'know…." He said, completely ready to turn down the offer. After all, someone with his talents would easily be able to find another way to get on everyone's good side.

Well, he was ready to turn down the offer until Scarlet had to go and question his incredibleness.

His eyebrow twitched as he clenched a fist. He grit his teeth slightly as he glared at her. He knew her game. He knew exactly what she was trying to do, but...

"Oi! Who do you think you are, doubting me!? I'll show you! I'll helm this ship so WONDERFULLY and SPLENDIDLY you'll have rumors on the sea about the ship being able to sprout wings and fly!" He shouted, stretching a finger out to point at her.

…Of course, it still worked.

Huffing, Higo stomped his way over towards the steering wheel, though on his way giving a glance towards Mary. "Big Blue! You better not give me any directions that lead to me having to traverse a minefield or avoid falling whale bones or something!" He snapped at her before walking over to firmly tighten his hands onto the handles, placing a foot on its platform.

Aya Thorn
Is slowly learning how to header.

grudge grudge
20210903_081134-jpg.910321

Look at this cool line
Aya was in the midst of checking the walls and insides of the ship when she heard her name being called, she grinned to herself and went up on deck to figure out how the sails worked exactly, it didn't take long however as she worked as a deckhand for about a month to earn up money, prior to sailing off on her own. Grabbing one side of the sails, she let go of the hook that make the ropes tie it upwards, letting one half of it drop down whilst the rest presumably did the same on other parts of the ship. After finishing her task, she would hop up on the edge of the railings, looking as they left the island behind with a small smile on her lips.

After doing this, she would hop down from her little placement, she'd start just wandering about, getting a feel for the layout of the ship in case there was ever a rush for doing things, after doing this, she'd go back on the deck and take a seat near the helm of the ship, watching the man by the wheel with a grin.
"So you're the one who's steering us huh? You don't look the type. But maybe.."
Getting up behind him, she'd squeeze his arms, looking for some sort of hidden strength or general muscle. Whether she found it or not, she'd tease by muttering,
"Yeah no, nothing. Are you sure you're up for the task, steering a ship is a hard thing."​

Last edited:
Levin Waldfried Roam

At: Aboard the Red Ribbon Pirate Ship.

Interactions: Damafaud Damafaud Lady Warlock Lady Warlock shadowdude505 shadowdude505
Mentions: Hanarei Hanarei SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

"Oh! Uh... hi. Yes, Boards." Roam said to Nicole, not quite as quick to respond as some of the other members of the crew, however he promptly realized that the man who had introduced himself as Cher was already engaged in offering up the details on the task which Roam himself had just detailed. Nodding along the shipwright considered and determined that they seemed to have the understanding of it well enough. Smiling a light expression of bemusement he watched as the pair bustled off below-decks, and likewise looked over the remainder of the chaotic crew aboard. Everyone was moving along at such a clip he felt he barely had time to think. It was impressive, and a bit intimidating. Of course he wasn't completely unused to this sort of thing, but generally he only saw people this boisterous when they were working. The group he'd been with for a long time before were much more relaxed.

He stood there a while a bit befuddled, watching the crew flit forwards and back and askance and above along the ship's deck. They moved as though minutes were moments and hastily maneuvered from task to task and interaction to interaction with a certainty that somewhat baffled him. It was then that Roam began to realize he had spent the better part of the last several years holed up in workshops and docks where everyone had their set space and their set tasks. Where you did your job and passed things along to the next person in line. He had been working on ships for a long time, but it had also been a long time since he'd been on one so active. Not since he was a kid... Frowning slightly at the thought he was knocked from his reverie by the captain's voice calling out and instinctively jumped a bit before realizing he wasn't just being named, he was being given orders.

Anchor. Right. He knew where that was!

"On it, Captain." He said with a nod; joining the flurry of movement and spying Andar over on one side of the deck trying to apologize to the mighty beast which he housed in his fishbowl. With long strides he walked past Andar, reaching out with his hammer as he passed by he attempted to gently nudge Andar to put down the fishbowl and then grab him by the elbow with the hammerhead as he continued walking past him.

"Come along then; we have work to do." He offered by way of explanation for his action as he continued to make his way towards the anchor.

"You and Zarith can make up more after we get the ship settled and out to sea." He added as an addendum, offering a reassuring flash of smile over his shoulder as he tried to pull Andar towards the wheel they'd need to turn to pull up the anchor. As he drew close he rolled out a kink in one shoulder and stretched his arms in preparation to manage the task at hand. Likewise his gaze scanned around for the third member intended to aid with the process of hoisting the iron stopper from the seabed.

Alicia Harte
I41g59f.jpg

Alicia remained rather sheepish out of fear for her life from the Doctor. Perhaps not quite as terrified as Higo but she wasn't about to go and do anything else that could be out of step. It didn't help she had a rather deep seeded unease about doctors since her childhood, making the fact the woman somehow came off so intimidating that much worst. She could only hope she wouldn't awake one day to find herself in some sort of cruel experiment, the idea of needles being stuck in her sending the pale woman turned somehow even a bit more pale shaking her head as to not put such terrifying images in her head.

It seemed her misfortune would be put to a halt as she heard her name called by the captain as she shook herself back into focus, Higo seeming fine now and not a concern. The maid shuffling quickly away gracefully if her loud creaking on the floor boards for her rush to attempt to jump into duty and away from perceived danger could be considered 'graceful'. She hurried up, fumbling a bit as to figure out where to go before seeming to get an idea. The wheel thing! Not the steering wheel but the big wheel with the bars you had to turn! Thank goodness she had paid some attention to her limited time on a ship to know what it was.

Alicia came running up holding down on her skirt as she made it over towards Levin seeing him already on the wheel. She wasn't quite familiar with him though seeing Ander near she could only assume it was the right place. The white haired girl shaking her head scurrying over quickly.

"S...sorry sorry! I'm here now!" She spoke hurriedly. The girl rushing over grabbing one of the rods as she suddenly began to move it. Her strength making rather quick work as she began to spin it around so taken up with the task not thinking too much about the others as she began to reel in the anchor moving in a slow jog around pushing it in a circle attempting to quickly pull up the anchor. She didn't want to make any more mistakes now, and she already had caused quite enough damage as is.

Interacting: Damafaud Damafaud Scribe_6 Scribe_6
Mention: grudge grudge MazaInferno MazaInferno Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Nerissa (Nessy) Orta
30401e1b.jpg

Nerissa had been fairly silent as she rolled her own barrel of what appeared to be fruits from the seedy bar up the gangplank of ‘their’ yet unnamed ship, partly due to physical exhaustion and partly because she liked listening to Scarlet’s voice. She’d forgotten how talkative Scarlet was. It reminded her of when they’d first met in Mirestone and brought about a sense of normalcy—a solid confirmation that what they’d started that day was starting again. The Red Ribbon Pirates were making their comeback. If Arlen, her old bodyguard, were with them, all would be perfect…but for now, Nerissa could only send her prayers; Prayers for the old and the new.

One of the last to climb aboard the ship being repaired, Nerissa smiled and nodded at Sir Levin’s greeting. “Thank you for your hard work, Sir Levin. We've brought food if you are hungry.”

Rolling the barrel to where the others decided leave the crates and barrels they brought in, Nerissa didn’t pay much as the shipwright went over repair details with the new Captain of their crew, knowing she wouldn’t be much help in that regard. Instead, Nerissa counted the barrels and made a log of the supplies they had. Grains. Spices. Rum. Fruits. More rum. Nerissa noted it all down in her notebook so as to keep track of the things they had and the things they would need.

If Reverse Mountain was their goal, they’d need to make sure the supplies were probably secured on the ship as well. From what she’d read, the tall entrance to the Grand Line was like a rollercoaster ride…not that Nerissa was particularly worried. A priestess of Aquarius did not fear the sea. They followed it with faith, knowing that every living thing born from her life-giving waters would one day return to her loving embrace. Still…Nerissa had no intention letting her new crewmates return too soon. Whether it was by connecting to Aquarius’s body or channeling the powers of the Water Temple’s goddess through the treasures she’d left behind, Nerissa would do everything she could to ensure the boat Sir Levin worked hard to repair didn’t capsize.

The rest, of course, was in Lady Aquarius’s hands.

“Aye-aye, Captain~” Closing her notebook when she heard Scarlet’s voice call to her, Nerissa slipped the journal back into her satchel, made her way to one of the masts on deck, reached up on her tippy toes, and started to undo the knots that kept the cloth furled up, humming tune she’d learned while living on Fishman Island as she worked. A sweet lullaby one of the mermaids had sung their child. It sounded more like a sailor’s song than something sung by someone who lived in under the sea, so who can say where the mermaid might’ve heard it from, but that was the beauty of music. Like the sea, or a lovely story, it was meant to be shared with others.

Humming turned to singing as Nerissa pulled on one of the array of ropes and started to hoist the sail. Physical strength wasn’t her forte…and she wasn’t the fastest at the task assigned to her…but she couldn’t depend on Arlen forever. She’d have to pull her own weight as a member of the Red Ribbon Pirates as well. Besides, exercise was healthy...

Arabelle Overcast
__shirayuki_tomoe_nijisanji_drawn_by_ktsis__39384df7e66d6b487ebfd01ff31f7983.png
Arabelle felt that her feelings were justified at the moment, perhaps now those two would be a little more sensitive to how they talked about others behind their backs! Hmph! Watching Higo run off in a hurry after his refusal for treatment let her properly huff in what seemed to be her clear victory on the matter. She looked toward the fridge and smirked, maaaaybe they had some nice booze on this ship? Before she even got the chance however she and the others were suddenly being called to help in the effort of undocking, which was probably a little more important than sampling the alcohol here.

Arabelle was quick to get back onto the deck where she was, huh? U-unfurl the sails? Come ON she did not work on a real ship for years at a time to get relagated back to raising some damn sails! But....urgh, she had to help, "Yeah yeah sure Cap'n..." She grumbled childishly as she followed that Aya girl's lead, mainly because she had almost forgotten how to do the whole task in the first place. She managed to get the whole process down just a matter of minutes before she was left with nothing to do yet again. Looking around she felt a little bit of anxiety, the marines could be close enough to see them disembark, and they don't exactly need much of a reason to put a prying eye on another ship.

"Leeets get a move on people...." She called out to the ship in general as she edged back toward the kitchen, if anything, if they got caught, she could...pretend to be a prisoner?

Mention: Hanarei Hanarei grudge grudge Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back