• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece: Marine Blockade at Maroon Summit

Uroko

Well, ain't that amazing? Uroko couldn't help but mock himself inwardly as he watched the situation going to hell around himself, his eyes glued in the scene of the weird captain/murder-robot leading his own companions away to do whatever he meant to do and ordering - or at least that was how he saw it - him and a group of other individuals to rush towards the prison in some kind of suicide mission to... Do something..? Truth being said, he didn't quite listen to the planning to start with, so at this point, the maximum he could guess was that it was meant to be a distraction or something of the genre - not quite enough for him to sacrifice himself if he had to be honest. Even under these circumstances, though, Uroko didn't think twice before directly rushing towards the direction pointed out by the robot together with the rest of his group, ultimately figuring out that as dangerous as invading a max security prison could be it would still render more chances of safely entering the grand line than following a sociopathic flame-breathing doom machine.

It was under such a grim mindset that Uroko first came in contact with the other members of his group, instantly judging every single one of them as equally unfortunate solos who ended up receiving the same crazy task as himself - and naturally coming to the conclusion that he probably shouldn't go around trusting them. As reckless as he was, even Uroko wasn't crazy enough to put his life in the hands of a bunch of strangers. For now, his priority was simply leaning on them till the situation was hectic enough for him to slip away and go through the blockade safely.

Before he could properly evaluate his companions and see what he could do, though, he was confronted with the sudden need to answer as a young female appeared seemingly out of nowhere to offer her services as a scout - something that he barely managed to register while occupied asking a much plainer question. "What the f-.!? Since when did we have a kid in the group?" He grumbled the moment after the girl vanished just to once again be distracted as yet another woman assumed the front position, this time seemingly trying to motivate the group - though he highly doubted that such a morbid speech qualified as motivational. This time, though, he didn't fail to react properly and only stopped to think for a couple seconds before he went ahead to join the woman instead, musing to himself that if even such a visibly weak female had the guts to jump into the chaotic situation without a second thought, he could as well do the same.

Naturally, after jumping out of the ship he made no effort to deeply hide his presence or anything of the like, boldly rushing towards the direction of the prison while trying to find a trace of the two previously departed group members. After all, as infamous as he was in his homeland, he wasn't a wanted criminal. At this point, it was more convenient for him to just walk around while believing that the marines would be too distracted taking care of the actual pirates to actively try to stop a random civilian - especially when considering that he wasn't quite the adept to moving silently. Worse comes to worst, he could just surrender and enjoy a direct lift to the prison. Not like he wasn't already planning to go there anyway.

NUSKI NUSKI [Ricky] AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy [Safia] Chak Chak [Iliaya] CelticHero37 CelticHero37 [Wasabi] D dieforonepiece [Ava]

Kiki & Alicia
The Library truly was boring. Kiki had no idea how to read and none of the books had pictures. Not that she had looked for long. After Bonzai had left near the center of the spiral she had lingered in the library a bit. She still had to look for Adelheid, pops and a way out of jail. No biggie. The center of the spiral was probably a good place to start. Annoying thing was that a lot of officers had been patrolling the place. They were clumsy though, and really noisy, so Kiki had no trouble avoiding them. Without making a sound she ran from bookshelf to bookshelf. How much did the prisoners here read? Or was it the head jailer who had a thing for reading?

She turned around another bookshelf and found herself in front of a big metal door. This must have been the door through which Bonzai had left the place. It was locked. She got out her hammer and bashed the lock. This was probably how Adelheid would have fixed it, but Kiki was not nearly as strong as her. it did make a some noise though, which could also work.

“What was that?!”

“I don’t know! Maybe it’s part of the exercise.”

Footsteps were approaching, but they both went in a slightly different direction. Kiki looked around her for hiding spots, but found none. Frantically she looked for a good vantage point.

“I found her! I found the girl in the yellow-!” his new colleague shouted.

“Where?” Dave replied. There was no answer. Was this part of the game? Did people who found her had to stay silent so the others also had to find her?

The voice had been two rows down from where he was. He did not want to spook the kid or his colleague, so he tried to be as stealthy as he could. He was already in the second row and tried to peek through the books. He saw nothing. Then he turned another corner.

There was his colleague lying on the floor. He was out cold. Or worse.

“What the-”

He looked around in alarm, but there was nothing. He crouched over and checked his mates pulse. He was still alive, but had a really big bruise on his head. Dave was a bit puzzled. How could a little girl-? Then it became clear to him. slowly he looked up.

There she was, perched on top of a bookcase like a tiger ready to jump. She hissed. And then she did jump. Her whole body pulled back to put more power behind the blow. And then the hammer hit and everything went black.

Kiki searched the second body and found exactly what she was looking for: a key ring. With keys of course. Happily she frisked towards the door. She hoped that inside she could find information on where Adel and pops were located.

It took a while before she had tried enough keys and found the right one. She opened the door and found herself on a platform on a staircase that went around just like the outer ring. In front of her was another door. Might as well start there with her search. She opened it with another key.

The first thing that hit her was the smell, like rotting flesh or something. Then she saw what was causing the smell: a pile of cow heads. There was nothing else left of the animals, not even their bones. As Kiki stepped closer to investigate she felt a warm wind wash over her. She turned around and jumped up a little. There was a huge animal chained to the wall. It was asleep. Kiki thought she knew what it was. It head a grayish brown fur with black spots and a black Mohawk. It had four legs, a tail and an adorable black snout. And teeth, very big and sharp.

“Doggy!” Kiki exclaimed as she hugged it’s thighs. It’s massive paw gently pushed he away. It was still asleep.

Kiki got an idea. If she could ride this thing, she could search much faster. And if not, it would at least be a nice distraction for their getaway. Plus, she hated to see this wild creature be restrained against the wall.

She got around it and looked at the chain. It was actually not locked that tight, more like a leash than an actual prison. Sure, only human hands could take it of the wall, but it was quite easy. She took the ring and put it on the floor. Now she only had to wake the beast up. How would one go about it?

“Wake up, Doggy!” No response. She went again. “Wake up!” but this time she janked it’s tail.

It did the trick maybe a bit too well. It jumped up and howled in pain. It turned around to see who did it, but no one was there. He turned to the door, where a little yellow thing was lingering with her hands behind her back.

“Kikikikiki!”

What was this thing? Better bark at it: “HIHAHOOHAHAHA!”

Kiki was happy to hear it laugh at first, but it was a bit too aggressive for her liking. Then she noticed his hind legs were tensing. She quickly turned around and ran. She smacked the door closed right in the face of the monster. It howled and charged again. A loud bang hit the door. Kiki did not want to take the stairs as she had no idea where they would lead. So she went through the door she came in from and closed it behind her. She ran a bit further and ran into a strong lady. She clung to the ladies leg and hid behind it. Adel would solve this.

Alicia had finished cleaning the hall letting out a soft sigh of relief. She had managed to fumble earlier spilling the bucket but with a little extra effort she had managed to get her cleaning done on time. She would be able to get back on time to do her chores in the kitchen after all! It gave her a sense of happiness to be useful to someone and to have a second of not just being some big burden.

The white haired girl was a bit taken back as the girl from earlier suddenly came running by. She blinked a bit confused feeling her grab her bag causing her to instinctively blush deep red at the content. The girl shook her head clearly not the woman Kiki thought it was though the expression on her face didn’t even cause it to dawn on Alicia she might of been grabbed onto by sheer mistake. She looked timidly, biting her bottom lip quite meek at being held onto.

“A.a...a..are you o.. okay? Th… this err… I … I…” She stumbled extra flustered as she fumbled with her fingers not quite sure how to deal with such contact with someone as tried to stumble on the right words to question her why she was holding onto her leg cowering behind her. Unfortunately for Alicia it became quite apparent what it was as the giant hyena bear came storming through the hallway. Worst, she could tell it happened to be the worst one.

“B…..b..b.b.b..Bonecrusher!” She shouted out suddenly taking off running not even seeming to register Kiki was holding onto her having absolutely no problem in running with the girl gripping onto her leg as her extraordinary strength made it quite easy for her to manage. Alicia was tearing up, the gear Kiki might have looking trivial compared to Alicia would it would seem far more likely to be accustomed to such a beast.

Kiki held on with all her might to the running leg. It was quite fun, a bit like clinging to the helm in a storm. Where the girl was clearly scared Kiki was cackling of joy. She was a bit disappointed that it wasn’t Adel, but the girl could pull her weight. Physically speaking at least. She could do with a bit more courage.

“Wh… why is he… he.. .m.. must of f… found a way to escape! H… he always t.t..tries tricking me to t.. take a bite out of me w… when I give him his meal! H… he must of p… pulled a trick to get out! I… I don’t want to be eaten!” She spoke out as it was quite clear the beast wasn’t all that far behind.

That gave Kiki an idea. A few weeks back Kiki had observed Adelheid in horror as she ingested a piece of dead animal. Somehow it made Adel happy and content. She explained Kiki that most living things need to eat sustenance for energy and to get buff. Almost everyone liked eating. Maybe if they gave the dog food it would be happy. And possibly take a bite out of the girl, but maybe that would help her grow a spine.

Kiki let go of the leg with one hand, almost costing her her grip, and made a circular motion over her stomach. “Hungry.”

Alicia heard Kiki speak looking down still with a panicked expression on her face. She seemed to think a bit though she quickly grew horrified at the prospect. She knew where they could find food but that was where all the food for the entire prison was. She could only imagine what kind of havoc the beast could cause… not to mention how much she would be letting down her boss in particular.

“W...we just gotta… go in… g… get s… some meat… and go out and toss it somewhere t.. to distract him… and m.. make sure he doesn’t follow us in!” She spoke out a little panicked as it wasn’t hard to tell she was seemingly doubting the choice, though the sounds of Bonecrusher not far behind only helped to reassure her that was her only option. She didn’t want to screw up something else again that day.

She made a quick turn nearly slipping, her weight helped to keep her from skidding forward as she stepped forward making a loud stomping sound from the sudden force. She darted through the nearby large doors not even realizing how frantic she was slamming the bulky doors open with ease causing a loud crashing noise. Her sudden panic caused her to suddenly stumble forward into the cooled room as she tripped in part over her own feet, fortunately missing Kiki as she suddenly came falling forward.

Her intense weight suddenly struck the floor sending nailed down tile flying up spinning up in the air the nails popping up as Alicia and Kiki to go falling down the new hole into the wine cellar crashing into a barrel with Alicia’s weight easily breaking through getting some of the warden’s booze spilled all over the two. Above them Bonecrusher had stormed through the door, not even paying mind to the small hole in the floor as the large stock of meats lying around was far more compelling as the beast charged quickly to gorge down on the prison’s food supply.

“I… I m… messed up.. .a.. again… I’m s… such a failure… I don’t deserve t… to exist…. I’m terrible… w… worthless… h… horrible…” She spoke her face dug in rubble of the barrel spitting out some of the alcohol with Kiki fortunately saved from being crushed as her legs managed to still stick up in the air in a rather awkward fashion.

Kiki was astounded when they fell to the floor. She thought only she was capable of doing that back on her ship. This lady was truly something else. Mostly a wimp though. Still, Kiki saw potential in her. She could help them break out and maybe even become their nakama. All she needed was a pep talk. If only Kiki was good at that stuff.

She softly let go of the leg a slid down to the floor. With one step she was next to the ladies head. Gently she patted her hair.

“There, there.”

And then she went in for a full hug.

collabed with Hanarei Hanarei

Last edited:
Shenzi and Scar

Shenzi was getting really frustrated. The day had started just fine, as far as a day in a prison built on a boiling lake could be. She had been dozing off in front of the screens when the first problem had appeared on the screen. Her idiot brother had brought another visitor. Why did he always have to do stupid shit like this? The little girl had even gotten away with it. For now. And then there was the case with the mole, someone in uniform opening cells without permission. Not to mention the gorilla lady who had busted her own cell. And that was just the beginning. She watched as the little girl knocked out another guard and made her way to the core..

She was quickly looking from screen to screen to analyze the mess they were in and instruct personnel to limit the damage. Just a little more and she would have to notify Scar, but she did not want to, since it would mean severe punishment for her and her brothers. The other guards in the room new what was at stake, if their superiors got shit, they would take it out on them. They valued their heads.

As if the devil had heard it’s name the door opened and Scar walked in. The warden walked in with a dead-panned expression and quickly glanced over the room. His piercing gaze settled on the form of Shenzi. “I can take this post. Go patrol.” His words seemed disinterested but he said them regardless.

Shenzi shot up in alarm and positioned herself between Scar and the screens of the lower levels. “S-Scar, sir! Good afternoon! Everything is fine! Except ehm … I don’t feel so well. M-maybe it’s better if I stay here instead of doing -”

Scar loudly sighed, cutting her off and putting a hand on the bridge of his nose. “Then just go see the doctor before you begin. I’m not really in the mood.” He complained as he took a seat in one of the chairs.

Shenzi awkwardly shifted position again trying to shield the monitors. It looked very clumsy. “It’s just a cold, sir. I’ll be fine staying here. It’s just-”

“If its just a cold. Then you should have no issue doing your rounds either.” He shot and looked at her once again. He noticed she looked a little...uncomfortable. He raised an eyebrow at her.

A growl was clearly audible from one of the screens behind Shenzi.

Scar’s head instantly snapped toward the screens. “What...was that? What is happening down there?” His tone was a little more urgent than before.

“I-I actually also have some bowel problems as well, but I did not want to burden you.” So humiliating! Her brothers owed her big time. She coughed for good measure. She almost had to puke from her own behavior.

With a growl Scar stood up from his chair, ignoring the woman’s statement. He leaned over and shoved her away from the screens and leaned his body to get a close look.

“I-I can explain.” The other guards were visibly shaking. Shenzi had trouble to hold her own.

One could practically feel the tension in the air as Scar watched a group of prisoners gathering in the hall with a massive woman in the center. They were almost at the library. He glanced around toward the other screens to find another group running away from a Hyena Bear with...a child? He growled loudly and turned to Shenzi. “How could you let this happen!? This is what I get for letting you and your idiot brothers take command!!” He practically roared.

“We are already working on it, sir.” she spoke pointing at a peloton of guards arriving at the library and setting up a barricade of bookshelves. Behind them another Hyena bear was growling. Eddy was caressing it to keep it from going wild. Drool was pooling up at his feet. ”W-we hoped we did not have to bother you with these minor breaches.”

Minor breaches -” Scar cut himself off and grabbed Shenzi roughly by the shoulders. He whipped her around to look at the screens behind her. “There are prisoners...running around…in my prison. Nothing about this is minor.” He snapped before releasing her.

Shenzi opened her mouth to defend herself, but wisely shut it immediately after. There was no reasoning that would make this right. It had been poor judgement from her side. She cursed Bonzai in her head.

Scar ran one of his hands through his hair in an irritated fashion. “This. This is what I get. I have to do everything myself don't I?” He rubbed the bridge of his nose again and turned his back to the woman. “I’m surrounded by IDIOTS!” He snapped and slammed one of his fists down on a desk, denting the desk in the process.

The room was silent as Scar took a few deep breaths. He slowly turned back around toward Shenzi before he began to speak. “Shenzi get your nandi bear under control before they reach the kitchen and detain those fugitives. If Eddy and his pet aren't already going to intercept that group of prisoners, join him to make sure. I will stay here and monitor the situation...for now, but one more screw up from you or your stupid brothers and I’m dealing with it…myself.” He growled under his breath and sat back down in the chair. “Now GET A MOVE ON ALREADY!” He barked.

Collab with Felix Felix
simj26 simj26 AllHailDago AllHailDago Hanarei Hanarei Rurnur Rurnur Azure Sky Azure Sky

Last edited:
~The Runaway~

Iliaya's time for the past hour or so had spent moping while quite intently munching on a chunk of rather well baked and liberally buttered and honeyed bread. This was namely because she was left kicking her feet idly as she listened to errant reports of what was going on from either passing Marines or from her bird friends that would occasionally alight to the window and keep her updated.

After all, maintaining a constant 'vision' of what was occurring meant she may get a chance to escape.

Her capture, as it had occurred, took place only hours prior. She'd been caught on the volunteer crew for aiding in feeding and caring medically for some of the prisoners when one of the Marines noted she looked familiar. Others agreed, and she'd been relegated to the Officer's Mess Hall of the prison while they checked, double checked, then verified both checks to ensure they had found the right girl.

She just hoped that more than anything on of them would fudge their paperwork and they'd let her-

"There's been a break in! Pirates are making their move! All hand's on deck!"

The sudden shout at the door way jolted Iliaya, both due to the break from her morose attitude, and also because the shout reverberated harshly in the stone room and stung her sensitive ears. Still, with the soreness came a sliver of hope, which only grew larger as all but one Marine filed out of the room, leaving her with but a solitary guard at the far end of the room by the door. Part of her wanted to just make her way over there, but she could smell both gunpowder and hear the shifting of a sword sheath on the man. With no proof she was indeed who they were looking for yet, and with the sudden tense air about the man, she felt moving towards him wasn't the best option.

Instead, as she listened to a whistling chirps of information coming from the window, Iliaya did her best to work herself up thinking about the sorrows she often worked to solve amongst the poorer peoples of the world. Coupled with some decent acting, the girl managed to bring a few very real tears to her eyes as she gave a very much not real, but believable, sniffle. It seemed to do the trick as she heard the Marine at the door turn. Moments laters he was walking towards her as he spoke.

"Hey, hey, easy there. No need to worry about what's going on outside young miss, you're safe in here, I promise."

There was an honesty in his voice, one that told her that he truly believed she was going to be just fine here. It actually broke her heart a little to know what she was about to do, and that he was, in a sense, right. As she reached out to put a hand on her shoulder, Iliaya moved quick, making her own movements on experienced and surprisingly accurate guesswork. With a set of five successive strikes, the man reeled back in shock, both arms hanging numb and limp as he gasped for breath with a throat that didn't seem to want to cooperate. The blind assailant seemed to step forward easily, wrapping arms around him in a soft embrace as she eased him to the floor.

"Shh, shh, shh, shh, shh. Easy there sir, you're fine. You are fine." the girl assured as her hands came up to his neck. One massaged his throat as the other pinched at the arteries on either side, "Just go to sleep. No fears, no worries. You will awaken within an hour. No harm, no foul, but I will not be returning home. You did well, but it is now time for you to rest."

In seconds Iliaya alleviated she struggles the man had breathing, returning his natural state to him even as the cut bloodflow to his brain took him under. She held for but a second or so longer before folding up a dishtowel and placing it between the Marine's head and the floor. Pleased with her work, and with the resting state of her would-be guard, the blind girl made for the door.

She didn't know who all was in the complex, but she knew that if there was going to be any good escape from the Marines, it would be with those attacking them.

~The Drunk~

Messenger Eight grumbled incoherently as he pulled himself up and out from under a set of canvas sheets that had been, up until now, neatly folded inside a crate. Almost numbly, the man dragged himself up from the nigh suffocating coverage, levering himself up onto the edge of the crate before finally rolling over it, falling to the deck in an undignified thud and rather obnoxious thud.

This had not been one of his better moments.

And his better moments had been few and far too far between lately, but that mattered little to him in the haze of intoxicants he'd been using lately.

Righting himself to the best of his ability, Eight quickly came to the conclusion that either the seas were handling them roughly, or he was still fairly rough himself. Despite this, he walked with a surprisingly steady foot as he stumbled through the lower decks of the ship and made his way to the stairs that led top side. Ascending said stairs saw him raising a hand to his hat and pulling it down further over his eye, the bright light doing his throbbing heads no favours. So intent on reaching his goal, and so wrapped up in his own world, the former Marine didn't even notice as he ambled nigh aimlessly right through the gathering of other crew members. In the group and right back out the other side, Eight's hands finally reached the deck railing, and he bent at the waist over it as his stomach voided itself right back the way its contents had come.

This lasted about a minute before Eight straightened himself out, reached into his duster and found a bottle of whiskey, took a swig, gargled and spit it out, then took a second swig and swallowed, then promptly fell on his ass. Now sitting with his back leaned against the railing, the man raised a hand in greeting to the party of peoples he had found before him.

"Messenger Eight, reportin' fer duty MA'AM!" he barked, giving a half assed salute as he fell onto his side from the sitting position. With a roll, he found himself onto his hands and knees before, with the aid of the side railing and a bit of a struggle, he got back to his feet. He grinned broadly as he took another swig of whiskey, "You's were all late'n'shit, 'n'Ah was early. Jes' makin' note, so' th' Captain knows Ah'm one of them reliable sorts. Wait..."

With a swift turn Eight hurled over the side of the ship again before repeating his gargling process. Once finished he rounded on the group once more.

"Now Ah'm fully reliable... Wha're we doin' again?"

~The Swordswoman~

Namine stood at perfect ease, something rare for most anyone to witness, which made sense as it was only behind two locked doors and in the confines of a shoer that she let herself truly relax. Arguably, the previous night could have counted... though she had been a bit too active with that other swordswoman to argue that he had done any relaxing. Still, it had been a phenomenal night, and despite waking up alone she was certain that she'd likely cross blades, and hopefully sheathes, with the woman again.

Now she enjoyed the mellow afterglow of the events as the warm water did much to soothe any lingering knots in her muscles or other sore spots of her body. After a few more minutes under the gentle flow of water, she finally decided it was time to get moving, having wasted enough time as it was. Stepping out from the shower, she toweled herself off and began changing, taking note with a light blush that at least one article of clothes were most certainly not hers. Regardless, the woman donned her gear and quickly set off to go pay her bill for the night's stay.

Standing before the innkeep minutes later, Namine reached into her bag and withdrew the beli to offset the cost of the rented room as she noticed a ruckus of sorts outside. Taking a look out through a nearby window, she took note of a number of Marines moving through the streets. Her eyes narrowed fiercely and her left hand found itself gripping the hilt of her sword tightly. It took the sudden appearance of three cherryblossoms floating airily past her eyes to chake her out of it. Inhaling deeply, holding it for a moment and then exhaling smoothly, Namine reigned in her emotions and deftly caught one of the blossoms, leaving it on the counter with an apology for the similar mess she'd left in the room before stepping outside.

She needed to make for her new ship after all.

She just needed to make it past the Marines without them noticing.

Her left hand was already gripping her sword as her right hand found the mask tucked away in her bag. There was, after all, no better way for her to travel.

OOC: Just some intro posts, Iliaya could reasonably be found by just about anyone at the prison that's with the Crimson Horns. Also, was gonna have Eight do that signature 'never ending Austin Powers piss' off the side of the ship at first, but there is a child present in the crew, so puking was a better alternative. Namine isn't at the ship yet either, didn't want to introduce her /and/ Eight in the same post. Takes away from their agency as singular characters in my eyes. Will be able to keep track of things better on RPN as of now cause of some relaxed rulings with work, but my Discord attendance will likely be few and far between due to the whole 'live feed' thing.

Also, forgot exactly who I Discord chatted with about the Namine rivalry, but yeah, that.

Katarina Devoux and Captain Bella Mae Lynns
The waves lapped at the edge of Katarina Devoux's ship with unpleasant, if predictable, steadiness. She eyed the gathering of pirates from all over the Blue's with an even, apprising gaze. Her fingers drummed at the Hilton of one of her swords in a staccato tone as she considered the worth of who to pair her crew with. However nothing particularly caught her eye from watching the crews prepare for battle, so she instead chose to go with her original gut instinct and see if the young woman from the meeting needed a partner crew for the attack. Bella Mae of White Rose as she recalled was not a relatively large name pirate like Katarina herself, but something about her tone had piqued Katarina's interest. Thankfully she'd made a point to know the ships of those who would participate in this attack. She'd remember every one, fallen and otherwise, when the day was through.

With simple directions to her crew they guided their ship to keep relatively close to Bella Mae's “Air Keeper”. Numerous elements immediately told Katarina that it was a repurposed Marine ship. How fascinating this woman was turning out to be. Katarina approached the port side of her ship as it pulled up alongside the Air Keeper. Her own ship was of a slightly slimmer size, and had fewer mounted cannons. But what it locked in defense and power it made up for in speed and precision. Hers was likely the only ship here that could've navigated the Islet of Swords in her home blue. What a time that was, those fool Marines never had a chance.

Katarina eyed those gathered aboard the Air Keeper inquisitively. It did not appear that they were a cohesive single unit as of yet. Their simple body posture alone made that clear. ‘Hm, must be recruiting en masse. A fantastic time for such. Though I'm comfortable with those I've gathered thus far.’ Her thoughts about her own crew made her smile ever so slightly as she called out for the fellow captain. “Ahoy, Bella Mae. My name is Katarina Devoux, Captain of the Frostfire Pirates. Care to have a short word?” She kept her face firmly forward, scanning the deck solely with her eyes. She wanted to see if anyone recognized her by name. She was the most wanted woman in the Blue's after all.

Given that she’d been keeping a watchful eye on the horizon as she carefully listened to everything each new individual on her ship had to say, Bella Mae was not caught off guard by Katarina’s approach. She did, however, wait until Scarlet and her companion finished speaking before she called out a reply to the now neighboring ship. “Aye! I’m listenin’,” she called back with great curiosity.

Meanwhile, Airy had noticed the movement coming from within Ed’s coat as she’d been… well, yelling at something. The little girl started wandering closer, to try and get a better look or to even ask what Ed had in her coat. Despite being engaged in conversation, though, Bella Mae’s eagle-like mom eyes were able to spot the movement of her child and she turned her head real quick. “Airy!” she yelled out. “No no.” Her warning was enough to stop the two year old… for the moment, at least.

Her attention shifted back to the approaching ship as she awaited what this short word might be.

Katarina tilted her head curiously as she eyed the child on the other ships deck. 'Airy hm? To think there'd be more than one Captain at the blockade with a young child. Hm.’ She closed her eyes for a moment to think before returning her gaze to the fellow Captain. “It seems crews are supposed to work in pairs. If you haven't a partner crew yet, would you like to see this through together?” To be fair Katarina didn't feel her crew needed a partner, but she was willing to oblige out if curiosity if nothing else.

“I did not have anyone else I was planning to work with yet, so that’s definitely an option,” Bella Mae answered sincerely. Briefly her eyes turned to the people who were on the deck of her ship, counting to make sure she had a number to work with. She wasn’t sure why, but she felt like since they were on her ship, it was her duty to keep track of them. Once she knew them a little better, that would make more sense, but for now it was just a thing.

Now it was time to prove that she’d been paying attention. “Geraldo, you’re at the helm. Lexi, I think everything’s in working order, but you’re welcome to give it a good look and see. Scarlet, everything should be ship shape for now, but I’d be glad to have you keeping things tidy.” Well aware that she hadn’t addressed everyone, Bella Mae turned her attention back to Geraldo. “We’re heading to Reverse Mountain.”

For now, she would navigate as best as she could. She’d put a small amount of time into learning it.

There was one more question she had to address, though. She had heard that Lexi had asked a question and although it was slightly annoying to have to repeat what someone else had already said, Bella Mae felt like it deserved an answer. “Basically, our job is to attack the blockade head on. A group of pirates is creating a distraction on the island so that hopefully the resistance we’ll face is less than it would be otherwise. If we break through, then we and another ship are to attack from both directions. Break it down and eventually they’ll retreat.” That was… more or less the gist of it.

It was after she’d given her orders that Bella Mae considered the advice that Geraldo had offered regarding those who couldn’t fight. She could not deny that his suggestions were much appreciated since she didn’t have much experience in leading large groups of people, but she also felt that she needed to do some learning on her own, too. Finding a balance between those two realms was what took her a moment to contemplate.

“That’s not bad, but I don’t think Miss Lynn will be needing help until we actually have some wounded.” While she knew it would happen eventually, Bella Mae didn’t think they needed to assign people to a task before it existed. “Luminaria and Scarlet will take Airy into the cabin. The rest who won’t fight can man a cannon down below. We have a fair few.”

Finally, her attention returned to Katarina. “I believe we should be ship shape now. Ready to get into the fray of things?”

Katarina watched the young woman set to work in a respectably effective manner for a crew made up of random recruits. She crossed her arms with a smirk. She had definitely picked an amusing choice for a partner. Sure her crew as a whole would likely not pose Katarina issue by herself, but that might not remain the case. She was all too aware of those who entered the Grand Line as the biggest bigshot from the blues, only to immediately crash and burn. In the opposite vein, nobodies frequently went on to be Supernovas out of nowhere. She drummed her fingers across the hilts of her weapons simultaneously. Which would be the case for those gathered here?

She gave the fellow captain a wide, toothy grin and nodded once. “Aye, lass. Let's be on with it.” With that she turned and began simply making hand gestures to her crew. They had become used to silent orders, and in truth most things were already at the ready regardless of what she asked them to do. Her crew was simply waiting for confirmation. The Frostfire Pirates went about their work in an oddly boisterous silence, somehow conveying great excitement and energy without a word spoken. Katarina moved to the prison of the ship and stood with her arms calmly folded behind her back. One must exude an energy that lets your crew remain at ease. At least she believed so.

By the time the ships in the docks were on the move, the time gap that had been needed between the departure of Walter and his crew had more or less passed completely because the robot had somehow managed to be gone before anyone could even blink. This meant that by the time Bella Mae and her crew managed to get The Air Keeper moving, the timing was right for them to simply follow the water up and over Reverse Mountain, making a majestic splash as they landed in the waters of the Grand Line. Ok, maybe it wasn’t quite majestic, but to Bella Mae, it felt like a fitting arrival and she was looking forward to everything that came afterwards.

Sure enough, soon after their arrival and their continued forward progress, the blockade appeared in sight, clear as crystal. Bella Mae had honestly doubted that the marines had so many ships until the moment she saw the whole line of them. Her first thought was panic, actually. How could a small group of pirates expect to defeat something so massive? Then she remembered one of the things Captain Quincy Grimm had pointed out - since there were so many ships, chances were only some of them were properly manned. It was a reassuring thing to think about; it would’ve been more reassuring, though, if she had proof that it was true. For now, Bella Mae would have to rely on what she could see for now, though.

A single quick deep breath allowed her to recollect herself and then Bella Mae made her way to a point on her ship where she knew everyone would hear her. “Prepare the cannons!” she barked out. Her eyes had picked a spot on the line and she pointed towards it, gesturing for Geraldo to steer the ship that way. “We’re gonna blast our way through this thing!”

Collab With: AllHailDago AllHailDago

Tags: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel shadowdude505 shadowdude505 CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Chak Chak NUSKI NUSKI

Walter and Oliver

With Walter’s long legs the robot was able to cover a large distance very quickly. Meanwhile, poor Oliver was bouncing up and down on Walter’s shoulder, probably bruising his poor ribs in the process.

“Ow! Ow! Ow! Would! You! Pleasse! Slow! Down! Walter?! OW!” Oliver complained as his stomach kept getting hit by the robot’s hard shoulder.

Walter tilted his head ever so slightly toward his friend on his shoulder as he heard him speak. Walter’s pace remained unwavered as the robot reached out toward a marine in his way, roughly picked him up with a single hand and threw him into another marine nearby. Every so often a bullet was heard ricocheting off the robot or the ground near him. “Ah yes, slow down to be a better target and get shot at even more!!! Excellent choice!!!” Walter chuckled but did tighten his unfeeling grip on the small mechanic so as to not have the human bounce so much. “I know I may be b-b-b-b-bullet-t-t proof but you are not!!!”

Oliver yelped as a bullet went whizzing right past his face. He ducked his head and covered it with his hands. “You’re right! You’re right! I’m sorry!” Oliver felt Walter tighten his grip, the robot’s hand digging painfully into his back. Oliver preferred it to the bouncing though so he didn't mention it to his unfeeling friend.

Walter turned his head to glance at Oliver just in time to watch a bullet hit the hand that carried the poor man. Walter’s optics flashed red for a split second before returning to their normal hues. His head snapped back toward the front and his gaze focused on a marine shaking a rifle in their direction. “HEY!!! WATCH IT MARINE!!! I GOT PRECIOUS C-C-C-ARGO HERE!!!” Walter shouted and ran straight for the marine. Just before he reached the marine the robot bent his knees and launched himself up into the air in a jump. The flying pile of scrap metal slammed back down directly on top of the marine, knocking the man to the ground with a satisfying crack as the man’s spine broke.

“Ah! What just happened?!” Oliver heard the snapping sound but was too scared to open his eyes which were squeezed tight.

“Don’t worry about it!!!” Walter called as he continued running forward.

“I’M STILL WORRYING ABOUT IT!” Oliver screamed.

Walter tried to glance behind him but was preoccupied with marines. He couldn’t tell which ones from his ship were following them...if any. “Who is following us?!!! Where is Peanut?!!! Give me the pp-p-p-lay by play here, Oliver!!!” Walter commanded.

Oliver cautiously opened his eyes and looked behind them. “Uhhhhh, that Juggler guy just stabbed a couple of marines… shit that’s a lot of blood…” Oliver gulped and looked over to the man screaming behind them. “Uh, the guy with the teddy bear doesn't seem to be coping very well… not that I blame him. He’s still following us though. And Peanut has almost caught up to us!” Oliver smiled and waved at the fishman. His smile quickly faded when he saw the stern look on Peanut’s face.

"Don't think you can escape me that easily, boy! I didn't see you eat breakfast this morning!" Unhooking the bag from his waist, Peanut opened it up and held up a bowl of scrambled eggs covered in strawberries and blueberries. "Eat up, while you still have both of your hands free!"

“How am I supposed to eat in the middle of THIS?!?” Oliver yelled over the noise of the fire fight. He knew that there was no way out of this with someone like Peanut though as the fishman shoved the food into his hands. Oliver sighed and started eating, just wishing there wasn’t an actual life or death battle doing on around him so that he could properly enjoy his friend’s amazing cooking.

As Oliver tried his best to keep his delicious breakfast down, Peanut moved around so he was running alongside Walter. "So this was your idea of a distraction? A decent plan, but I could have come up with something better than this! Something you and all our comrades would have loved! You would have been all 'Oh, Peanut! You're so great!' I'm positive!" He looked around, knocking away a Marine who had jumped into the air to attack them with a sword with a quick swing of his spear. "If you get blown to bits, don't say I didn't warn you!" Laughing, Peanut turned to fight a marine that seemed to catch his attention and slightly fell out of pace with the robot in the process. However it didn’t take the fishman long to catch back up.

“AHAHAHA!!!” Walter couldn’t help but laugh at the fishman’s words. “If I get blown to bits you’ll be the one p-p-pppicking up the pieces!!!” The robot shot a quick smirk toward the orange fish before he turned to punch yet another marine out of his path, caving in the man’s skull in the forcefulness of his metal fist. It was a moment before Walter noticed that Oliver stopped his description of what was occuring behind them. “Hey Oliver!!! What happened to my running commentary?!!!” Walter questioned with a small chuckle.

“HOLD ON I’M EATING!” Oliver shouted back, before attempting to shove the rest of the food into his mouth. The amazing grub almost went down the wrong pipe though and Oliver choked and coughed for a minute before he could catch his breath again.

“Oh right...that eating thing.” Walter muttered more quietly as if to remind himself yet again that organic beings need to consume things.

After Oliver finished coughing, he looked out again and instantly paled. “OHMYGOSH!” He yelped. “IS THAT A ZOMBIE?!?”

“What is a ‘zombie’??” Walter wondered but received no response. His curiosity getting the better of him the robot put his inhuman body to good use and spun the gears in his neck a bit of steam escaping through the gaps. His head turned a full 180 degrees to face directly behind him and the rest of his body remained forward facing. The blue and green hues of Walter’s optics reached that of a running, talking…corpse? “AHAHA!!! I DIDN’T KNOW CORPSES COULD DO THAT!!! Oh, he defin-n-n-n-n-nitely needs to join our crew!!! AHAHA!!!” Walter laughed before spinning his head back around to face forward.

“Oh dear…” Oliver moaned but even the young mechanic thought that the zombie’s laugh was kind of contagious. “Umm, there’s another guy in a mask… with a tail… uhhhh…” Oliver’s eyes widened in horror at was he was witnessing. The now empty bowl from Peanut slipped from his fingers and crashed on the ground. Oliver instinctively brought his hands up to the top of his head and shivered. “He’s… he’s… finishing off the marines who survived… Oh god…”

“That’s great!!! I think!!!” Walter shouted his comment before he punched yet another marine out of his way. They were nearing a large bridge off to their left, it was a well secured bridge from what it looked like. There were cannons lining the massive bridge to ensure that whoever sailed through had all the correct permissions. Marines littered the entire thing, many were frantically trying to get the cannons to turn in order to aim at their little group. “That...looks...hmm…” Walter trailed off quietly as the robot tried to think of a plan for the oncoming challenge.

Oliver took a deep breath and tried to compose himself and fend off the flashbacks of equally brutal murders he had once witnessed, not noticing his robotic companions comment. “Uh… uh… Stacy and her friend with the scarf are following us too. And… HOLY CRAP!” The rumbles of explosions filled the air as Oliver’s mouth dropped open. “That’s a LOT of bombs that guy’s packing…”

“Wait, bombs?!!!” Walter perked up as an idea popped into his circuits. “That’s music to m-m-m-my audio receptors!!!”

"You know, another set of hands would be great right about now!"

Walter spun on his heels at the sudden new voice to be greeted with the scene of a man lugging around a huge bag of explosives. Steam leaked through the gaps in the robot’s face as it morphed into a grin. Instantly the robot ran backwards toward the man who seemed to be struggling. “Let me g-g-g-ggive you a hand with those!!! We’re gunna need them!!!” Walter exclaimed as he easily lifted the bag of fun off the ground.

As Walter spun around, Oliver finally got a good look at the bridge they had to take. Canon after canon lined the bridge and the amount of marines manning it made the ones attacking them now look like a small fry. Oliver paled more than he already was before as he brought his hands up to the sides of his face in horror. “Oh. My Dear. Lord.” Oliver quaked in fear and tried to fight back tears. “Ohdear-ohdear-ohdear…”

Walter grabbed a handful of explosives out of the bag and handed them to the man that had been carrying them before he spun on his heels. He quickly walked around and passed out a few explosives to all of the members that had chosen to follow him. He waltzed to the front before turning around to face the group. “Alright everyone!!! See that bridge!!! That's our new ss-s-s-s-stage, we need to take it, let's put those explosives to good use!!! The marine’s base will be just on the other side!!!” Walter announced loudly before turning around toward the path of marines ahead. “LETS NOT KEEP THE AUDIENCE WAITING!!!” The robot shouted before sprinting off toward the bridge. He chucked the first explosive at the nearest cannon and watched with a satisfied grin at the ensuing explosion as a few small pieces of shrapnel harmlessly bounced off his faceplate.

“AHHHHH!” Oliver screamed as the first explosion went off and covered his head for the third time. “We’regonnadie-we’regonnadie-we’reallgonnadieeeeeeee.” He whimpered as Walter continued chucking explosives.

Member’s of SP: Congrats!! Walter has given you some explosives! It’s now up to you what you do with them!

Collab with: thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl
JayeTheKat JayeTheKat Phayne Phayne Felix Felix Lady Warlock Lady Warlock animaltankthing animaltankthing Comancherah Comancherah Exanis Exanis Refaulted Refaulted

Last edited:
Jericho
"Ah." Blinking rapidly, Jericho glanced at Erik and grinned, before sliding his claws off the poor man. Shaking off his cuffs in relief, the sloth groaned and stretched out his long arms, with satisfying cracks coming from his joints. Before he had a chance to ponder his own method of escape, he began listening in on his fellow criminal's plans to make their way out of the prison, breaking into an armory on the way out. Jericho had little need for any weapons, however, it wasn't too hard to come to the conclusion that sticking with these guys would be his best bet, and by far the most interesting one. He gave a salute to the large woman with his claws, mimicking the behavior of the marines he had observed while incarcerated. "Jericho." He said flatly, before offering a more pleasant smile.

Running along sluggishly with the other escapees, the sloth understandably lacked energy. Of course, he'd kept his reserves in case he did get a chance to escape, but still; he'd need to warm up his muscles and get something to eat before going crazy, or else he'd end up taking a nap during a firefight. "Hmm? A devil fruit, you say? Where'd ya get something like that?" Erik had caught his attention yet again, always intrigued by rumors of such mysterious sources of power. Though more importantly, he was glad someone was around to combat the marines and their rifles, as Jericho would certainly be the most vulnerable if met with a sudden barrage of gunfire. Perhaps he could take on the task of flanking the enemy, and giving them a swift end. He smirked to himself, sliding his still-sharp claws against each other, sending small amounts of sparks into the air around them.

Azure Sky Azure Sky simj26 simj26

Can't see me
giphy.gif

11766308.gif

7eaf2210e35c812136f8dc64d0644539.png

th

Levi held the blood stained katana above himself, the light of the golden sun above reflecting off the crimson red metal as the thick red liquid began to collect at the tip; drops of blood freefalling to the ground by his feet every few seconds. Behind the mask, dark brown pupils stared into the depths of the tarnished blade, the weapon created as a tool to protect against those deemed 'criminal' now acting against its intended purpose. There was beauty in this corruption, beauty behind the startling truth that those without power could only be manipulated by those with it. The feeling of having that power in his hands was still a sensation that Levi had to come to grips with, a luxury that he needed to adjust to gradually, having had his power stripped away once before.

"Cry not.. for those that perished.." came his raspy voice, the masked entity speaking entirely to himself. "..it was fate.. fate that chose them to be the lambs.." Levi paused ever so slightly, his grip tightening against the hilt of the blade. "..lambs to the slaughter.."

The sounds of bombs exploding around him and the sight of others rushing past did little to stir Levi away from the blade; his attention hypnotised by the scarlet beauty he held. In his hands, this no-named blade had claimed the life of a dozen or so marines; poor souls whom had been left sprawled across the ground courtesy of the other combatants busily storming the island ahead of Levi. It was mercy on Levi's part, putting them out of their misery, what man or woman could live with themselves knowing that they failed to do the one job they had been tasked with.. to know that their incompetence at doing what they had been solely trained to do would lead to others suffering for it.

On the flip side, the sight of friends and comrades falling in the line of duty often inspired courage in others, awakening an inner strength they had been unaware of and forcing them to take action. Levi and his borrowed weapon were such a sight; the silent portrait of Levi raising the weapon skyward was enough to cause a group of three marines to charge towards him; swords raised as they screamed vile profanities towards the masked villain who had slain the defenceless. Fools. Utter utter fools, these three stooges were; their attention so focused on the source of their hatred that they had lost sight of what was important to them, what meant more to them and those that loved them; their life.

Levi didn't move, he didn't even register the looming threat such was his fixation on the weapon he held. He didn't need to react, he didn't need to address the stupidity that fast approached him. Fate deemed it the final day for those that perished, it did not include Levi on its list. So short sighted were these marines, they had failed to see the immediate danger; the ticking time bomb that approached from the other direction.

Courtesy of Ezra, in his act of divvying up his home made tools of destruction; a single bomb had found itself thrown in the direction of the revenge fuelled fools; the extra kick to the explosives enough to send the three flying in every direction as it landed amidst the three. The sheer force broke bones in their body, as they each landed yards away from one another. Fools blinded by revenge were often the ones who perished first; their decision to degrade themselves to merely following their instincts leading to their demise. Natural selection was a powerful force of nature, one that Levi dared not intervene with.​

Done admiring the blade he held, Levi twirled it slightly, adjusting his grip mid twirl as he quickly buried the blade of the sword in the ground next to him; the metal unbeknown to Levi, sinking through the flesh of one of the stooges whom had the unfortunate luck of landing next to him.

Levi had dawdled long enough behind the others.

~~~~~

It was a short while before Levi had rejoined the rest of the 'assault squad', his return largely helped by the fact that Walter and Co had turned around to help the bomb fanatic in his endeavours. Others stood among the group; a few covered in blood either their own or that of others, really it didn't matter as much whom the blood belonged to so long as it didn't hamper their purpose here. The most bloodied of the group, was of course the mechanical leader of their rag tag bunch, splatters of blood adorning his entirely much like a Picasso on canvas. Shades of pink were more frequent along the base of his feet, the brain matter adding an aesthetic touch to the overall work of art.

Levi watched as Walter took off again, the maniacal robot appearing to have more fun the closer they got to the marine base, his unfortunate passenger seemingly at the other end of the spectrum with his whimpering cries. An odd duo indeed, thought Levi, placing the bombs he had just been given onto the floor next to his feet. The explosive devices were not really his thing, they weren't as up close and personal then the things he was used to. Instead, he reached behind himself and withdrew the large scissor he had been carrying, leaving the sheath clasped along his back.

With a click, the scissor had been split into two single blades; one per hand as Levi began to chase after the robot.

fackel33231.gif
Can't see me

Last edited:
Geraldo Marxheimer
5b6a768308c0a673171e67417b165ccb.png
Edit
“All hands on deck!”

Geraldo spun the wheel in the direction Bella Mae pointed, his unbandaged eye glimmering with intensity as the blockade came into sight. Not even Geraldo was aware of the grin he bore on his face. It had been months since he’d been out to sea, landlocked by the amnesia that plagued him. He hadn’t been aware of how much he missed it.

The rocking of the boat.

The wind.

Fighting intense currents that strove to slam them all into the mountain walls.

Just like old times. Truthfully, it was only the second time Geraldo braved the perilous waters of Reverse Mountain, but he could proudly say he’d done much better the second time around. The landing wasn’t too shabby. Limited damages to the Airkeeper—if any. Bella’s boat responded to him with the synchronicity of a good lover.

Licking the tip of his finger, Geraldo stuck it in the air—testing for wind direction—while his other hand worked at angling the ship so the wind was behind their sails. The speed of a boat was critical in naval battles—and Geraldo wanted to make the Airkeeper fly.

“Brace yourself for impact and try not to throw up because we aren’t stopping!”

Straight was the way to go.

Straight through the line of marines.

Geraldo’s grip tightened around the wheel at the first sounds of cannon fire. The doctor hadn’t been given specific directions, but he assumed she would be manning the cannons with the others that couldn’t fight (hopefully not blowing themselves up in the process). It was ironic that one who had chosen a profession to save lives would be asked to take some. Not that Geraldo intended to question the Captain’s decisions, by any means. Battles went easy on no one. Aquari’s polite frigidness meant he’d probably offended her with his words. Or she wasn’t as comfortable with pirates as she would like him to believe.

Regardless, he’d gotten the confirmation that she would do her job properly, in spite of any personal feelings. That was all he wanted. Geraldo smirked. Pirates being more trustworthy than marines? Oh, the irony.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , Chak Chak , NUSKI NUSKI , CelticHero37 CelticHero37 , Lady Warlock Lady Warlock , AllHailDago AllHailDago (?)

Luminaria Shakes
original.png
Luminaria sat Airy on her lap, covering the little girl’s ears as booming noises resounded. She hadn’t been happy when the Captain told her to take the kid to the cabin, but obeyed when Geraldo shot her a look that said ‘Do it or you’re going home’. Or was it, ‘do it or you’re walking the plank’?

It had come as a shock to her when she learned that Geraldo was a pirate. He seemed so gentlemanly. So straight-laced. Given his general attitude when he was her bodyguard, she found it hard to believe that his chosen profession was that of a criminal. Yet that wanted poster that blue haired harlot brought with her was undeniable proof of his past.

Geraldo Marxheimer was a pirate.

It had taken Luminaria a whole day to absorb that fact. She had thought she’d known him. She had everything planned out. However, that hussy of priestess ruined everything! The wife of a pirate? That hadn’t been a part of Luminaria’s plans. Perhaps she ought to have stopped there. Geraldo may have been interesting, but there were many more fish out in the sea. He wasn’t the best looking guy either. He had a missing eye for cry out loud!

And yet here Luminaria was—on a pirate ship that was doing battle with the marines. It wasn’t for him. It was for herself. Because, after hours and hours of reflecting and debating her choices, one fact stood out from all the rest.

Luminaria Shakes always got what she wanted.

Though the ride through Reverse Mountain had nearly made her question that truth. It was only through incredible willpower that she hadn’t followed Messenger Eight’s example. Throwing up in front of a kid would’ve made a nasty image…and Luminaria simply didn’t do nasty images.

Glancing at the brown haired woman who was sent with her, who offered to clean the ship, Luminaria imagined that such a disgusting action wouldn’t have garnered a positive impression from her either. Unless, of course, she actually liked cleaning. “Scarlet, right? Are you a pirate too?”

A question born out of curiosity since Scarlet didn’t really look like one in Lumie's eyes. Though its main purpose was to alleviate boredom. She didn’t care one way or another how Scarlet responded.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Last edited:
Stacy Beauregard and Syrin Insinu
If she was being completely honest with herself and with everyone else around her, Stacy was quite content with her twin pistols and with Syrin doing… well, whatever he happened to be doing alongside her. It was something she was familiar with and something she knew she could do without any problems at all. Her pistols were reliable, Syrin was good company, and the marines were running. There was nothing wrong with any aspect of that situation at all. That led her to be a bit dumbfounded when their silly robot captain decided that he needed to hand them some explosives along with everything else she was already dealing with.

‘What am I supposed to do with these?’ she wondered internally. Both her hands were already full, after all. It only meant that she couldn’t shoot as many marines at one time and it was a frustrating fact. Slowly, but surely, she was learning that their captain didn’t seem to logic things through. Oliver - maybe - but he didn’t always seem to follow through. At least, in Stacy’s eyes he didn’t.

“Syrin, do you want these?” she offered him the explosives she’d been given because she was of the firm belief that she was a shooter, not an explosives person.

Glancing over at Stacy, then at the explosives in her hand, then at the murderbot that just threw explosives at a cannon, then back at Stacy, Syrin paused. Tapped his chin once with his bloodied dagger. And then he nodded. ”Sure, I think I can do something with these.” Tucking his dagger back in it’s chain sheath, Syrin grabbed the explosives and stuffed as many as he could into his pockets, while holding one in each hand. Weighing them for a moment, he nodded again, and with surprising accuracy and speed threw one at another of the cannons in their way.

Watching cannons explode on the other side of the bridge, Stacy aimed her pistols and fired at the men who’d been manning the now nonexistent cannons. Her aim was deadly. Then a thought popped into her head and she had to act on it. “Wait a minute,” she paused her comrade. “Grab two of those explosives I just gave you. And throw them straight up.” She wasn’t sure if Syrin would catch on to what she was thinking or not, but she was prepared to explain if needed. They were, after all, supposed to be creating a distraction that would draw some of the ships from the blockade in and something higher up would certainly be seen.

Syrin did catch on right away, if the gleam in his eyes was anything to go by. However, instead of just grabbing two, he pulled out three explosives, holding them in one hand, and pulled out his own pistol with the other. With a deep inhale, he threw all three explosives straight above them in quick succession, rapidly taking aim at the last one he threw and firing at it.

One. Two. Three.

Three pistol shots in rapid volley - two from Stacy and one from Syrin - meant that in an instant, the explosives were lighting up the sky and would certainly let anyone who didn’t know what was going on know that something was up. Stacy smiled at the brilliance of it all. “One more round,” she yelled, laughing as she said it.

Syrin was more than happy to oblige, pulling out three more explosives, and by the luck of the draw these seemed to be more potent than the last few. Huffing out what could have maybe passed as a chuckle, he repeated his previous action with a seemingly practiced ease, once more finishing it up with a pistol shot to the sky.

Boom!

Boom!

Boom!

Three more explosives and then it was time to take the bridge.

People at the prison, people running to the prison, and people on ships, y'all can see the fireworks go off in the sky! Well, not really fireworks, but they're like fireworks. You can see proof of the distraction brewing on Maroon Summit. Oh... and people at the prison know that something's up on the rest of the island.

Use this information how you will.

Collab With: Exanis Exanis
Tags: DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl Phayne Phayne AllHailDago AllHailDago Felix Felix Comancherah Comancherah animaltankthing animaltankthing Refaulted Refaulted JayeTheKat JayeTheKat QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Chak Chak NUSKI NUSKI AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy D dieforonepiece CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Last edited:
Rey caught sight of something he hadn't anticipated seeing here of all places, a fishman?! And running past him none-the-less. 'Huh things you don't expect to see' Rey thought to himself as he caught up to the others his knives a blur as they were tossed and thrown at Marines along the path. Rey glanced around after his most recent batch of stabbings to see who else was following the crazily interesting, slightly psychotic, over-the-top ringleader of this whole charge. 'I just hope there's a treasury, I could use a withdrawal......' Rey thought as his gaze settled on the two people immediately to his rear. One seemingly was a doctor, maybe? Why he was lugging around a teddy bear, Rey had no idea. No, it was the other that mainly caught his attention, especially when the Marines yelled something about a mummy. "And who said you three could run? Just when we began the FUN!" Rey heckled as he threw his knives catching 2 of them in the backs and just missing the third as he tripped over his feet getting away. Rey gave a lopsided half grin half frown as he snapped out his staff again popping the blades back up and catching them back into a juggle.

"Don't leave too many of them alive mate! We don't want to have too much to wade back through on our way out, also cool trick to pull off that Zombie look. I must say." Rey called at the zombie looking, (that must be it!) individual as he turned back around and took back off after the Robot again. After a few moments Rey caught back up to the Robot and the kid that was being held on his shoulder, though his eyes were wide and he was saying something about another person that was following them, “He’s… he’s… finishing off the marines who survived… Oh god…” Rey looked back over his shoulder at that, and sure enough there was another individual walking along and stabbing the few marines that had been still clinging to life. "Sorry about that!" Rey called out to him, "THANKS FOR CLEANING UP THE MESS!" Rey finished with a slight chuckle as he looked back forward and gasped a bit. They had made it to a bridge.... and apparently The marines were alerted there was a lot of them and the cannons were getting turned in their direction quickly.

"......LOT of bombs that guy’s packing…” Rey snapped back to relative attention as he heard bombs, "Bombs? Where?! let me have some!" Rey blurted out as the Robot seemingly noticed too. Rey barely had time to get his knives into their sheaths as he suddenly had bombs shoved into his face. A slow grin started creeping across his face as first one, then 2, then 3, then 4.... Rey kept adding in the bombs til he had them all in the air and being juggled, "YES!! Lets get the PARTY STARTED!" Rey yipped out with glee. Rey quickly started looking for the ammunition piles for the cannon's and one by one started lobbing the bombs he was handed at the ammunition piles....

10 Seconds....
Rey flung the last of the bombs and ducked behind the robot, "I hope your ready for this big man!" he stated as he hunkered down.

9 Seconds....
Rey motioned for the others to grab whatever cover they could.

8 Seconds....
Rey felt the Robot start to charge and saw him fling a bomb for one of the cannons, time seemed to slow down.

7 Seconds....
Rey saw that 2 more individuals behind them were throwing their bombs up in the air and shooting them? Well one way to cause a distraction, he supposed.

6 seconds....
'Oh that odd dude that was playing clean up crew dropped his bombs, I should get those.....' Rey's thought trailed off as the robot kept charging forward, Rey frantically glancing around for anything else that could be used as cover.

5 seconds....
The cannon that the Robot lobbed a bomb at went up in a giant fireball, Rey dove behind a stack of crates hoping it would be enough.

4 seconds....

3 seconds....
Rey covered his ears and shut his eyes, OH this was gonna be good!

2 seconds....

1 second....

KA-BOOM!!!!!

Tags:@DonquixoteDoflamingo thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl Phayne Phayne AllHailDago AllHailDago Felix Felix Lady Warlock Lady Warlock animaltankthing animaltankthing Refaulted Refaulted JayeTheKat JayeTheKat QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Chak Chak NUSKI NUSKI AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy D dieforonepiece CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Megan "Max" Mariner
Megan sat down in the Cargo hold in the bottom of a ship. While she sat the ship rocked back and forth cannon balls breached the water. Nervous and seemingly angry the woman who looked like a man shook her head as the ship began to rock back, not making her nauseous but it was enough to drive her nerves through the roof. When they were in port she had been glad no one had found her, a stowaway on some random ship looking to travel to the next island. Now however she was visible displeased and upset she had not been found, because if she had she would have likely been cast off the ship before the ensuing madness of trying to break through a marine blockade that consisted of dozens of ships. She began to wonder to her her self how did this all come to be...

Earlier that day...
Megan woke up on the shore of the island, dirtied from the sand and soaked, head to toe, in sea water. She began trying to brush her self off but like after a days trip to the beach there was sand everywhere. She sighed giving up after a while, still covered in sand that adhered to her body and clothing like glue. She got up off the beach, hoping eventually the sun would dry her out or that she could find a bath house somewhere in town. She began to ring out her shoulder length hair and tie it back up with a little hair band she kept tied around her forearm, in situations like these. She picked up her swords and proceeded to make her way into the town.

Getting into the town on the island wasn't all that difficult, fairly easy actually, as she could see the buildings as soon as she had climbed up over the hill that led down to the shore. She began her short trek, which took her longer than it normally would have in her water logged clothing. She began to get some weird looks as she entered the town, all of the blood on her had washed away in the sea water but she could still feel an open wound just past her hairline, which had since stopped bleeding and from what she could tell she had no permanent damage to her brain. She walked up to what seemed to be some kind of town crier, who backed away at the sheer sight of her. "Ship Wreck" She said looking at him, exhausted and still dripping wet, "Where can I find the Nearest bath house or in that has somewhere I can get this cleaned?" She asked. Megan spoke in a almost boyish voice, higher than your typical mans voice but also with the depth and power behind it that weren't common to a womanly voice. The man, gave her quick directions to the bath house in town and she followed them, arriving at the bath house about 10 minutes later.

She went inside and walked up to the counter, the lady at the desk eyeing her up and down. "I need a bath and I need my clothes cleaned" She said meeting the gaze of the lady working as she laid more than enough beli on the counter to pay. "Sure" the lady said grabbing a towel, "Please follow me sir" She said, though almost immediately Megan said "Mam'... It's Mam'." The lady bowed her head slightly in apology and lead her to the changing room. Meg, after entering the bath began to clean to wound on her head of and sand, finding a few other wounds she had not felt before around her body, nothing deep enough to cause concern, mostly small scratches.

After a half hour or so Megan left the bath house, clad in clean robes and her breasts firmly bound so that she once again looked like a man. She shuddered as she walked by the lady on the way out who had said something along the lines of "Have a nice day, mam'". Megan hated being a woman for most of her life, mostly due to the opportunities that she missed out on as a kid growing up because of her home towns stupid traditions of women having certain assigned jobs while men get to play with swords. She reached down and rested her hand on one of her two swords, the double edged katana known as San-sen. She walked down the road of the town, and began to formulate a plan to get out of the town. She would sneak on to a pirate ship and travel to some other island, find another crew and sail the seas, hoping the marines would eventually lift the blockade so they could get to the grand line. Right now it was apparent that she would not make it to the grand line anytime soon, but for Megan that was okay too, she wasn't overly concerned with getting there, she mainly just wanted to live a free life.

She sat down at a table in an open air restaurant near the sea. She ordered some sea food as her stomach rumbled, fairly loud causing her to blush slightly as the waiter took her order. As her food, a bowl of clams, mussels, scallops, and jumbo sized shrimp mixed with a creamy soup, potatoes, and some other herbs, arrived at her table she could see that there was a group of people going into one of the buildings, all shady looking and pirate like figures. At most only a couple at a time went in but from what she could tell from the amount of people that she had watched go in a rather large crowd was forming in the building. She began to slurp down her food quickly, wanting to finish before some of those pirates left the building so she could sneak on to one of their ships. She paid her bill and went along her way. She Found the perfect ship, it looked like a pirate ship and it seemed unguarded. She walked aboard the deck and began to call out "Hello?" and to her amusement she found no answer.

She made her way down to the lower decks of the ship to what she assumed to be a cargo hold. She sat down hiding behind a few crates and barrels, biding her time as she waited for the ship to leave port. She begun to hear a ruckus on the upper decks and stayed calm with a firm grasp on her sword should anyone come down and find her. Most of the voices she heard above her were muffled but its not like she cared to make out what they were saying, she just hoped they set sail soon. She began rifling through her small pouch she kept on her side, as quietly as she could, she had been keeping a few papers in there that she had to toss, which were meant to make high quality maps. It seemed her compass still worked and the log pose she had originally bought when her old crew wanted to go to the grand line still laid down in the bottom of the pouch.

That's When she began to hear some shouting. It seemed the captain was talking to another captain about something but Megan didn't really pay attention, it seemed like they would be setting sail soon. Then everything nearly went quite as Meg heard the words "...our job is to attack the blockade head on..." come from what she assumed to be the captain. Blockade... Shit, they are headed for that, I figured all pirates in this sea weren't stupid enough to go and attack a fucking marine blockade, fuck.... Megan thought to herself as if rambling on in her head.

Current time

Megan stood up, making her decision, she wasn't going to die today, and above all else she wanted to explore the world, and that included the grand line. She began to walk up to the main deck of the ship, as she did she could see the blockade from the distance. She whistled a little bit as some cannon balls splashed in the water as she now had a full view of the blockade now. She walked up to the bow of the ship, stepping on to the figure head and maintaining her balance. She peered back towards the captain as she did and gave a shout out "Sorry Mam', figured I would catch a ride with you for a little bit, didn't think any one was this crazy though to try and break through a marine blockade". It was now that she could see other ships also approaching the blockade, and she kind of shook her head in disbelief, thinking there was actually a chance that this may work. "Any ways, my name is Max, I'm pretty capable with these swords so I guess its just as well to fight for you than to find another pirate crew to join" She said, and she drew San-sen from its saya, the dark steel double edged katana reflecting a bit of sunlight as she did.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Lady Warlock Lady Warlock shadowdude505 shadowdude505 CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Chak Chak NUSKI NUSKI

Can't see me
giphy.gif

11766308.gif

7eaf2210e35c812136f8dc64d0644539.png

th

"Must not dawdle.." croaked Levi, as he followed quickly behind the others, his weapons drawn and at the ready for any party crashers they would meet along the way. Explosions and gunfire serenaded the battle field as the chorus of babel grew ever louder; more and more volunteers bringing their own blend of chaos and mayhem to the fore. Truly, this was becoming a masterpiece of pandemonium, a scene of pure and utter devastation as more and more explosions echoed through the skies above; the teamwork of Stacy and Syrin effectively creating fireworks as shot after shot met with explosive contraption. Each and every explosion akin to the beat of a drum setting the pace for their charge. Only those deaf to the world would have been able to ignore the ever growing performance of this rag tag ensemble presently storming the island; the conductor of calamity orchestrating the chaos as his musicians followed suit.

Whilst the duo methodically went through their stash of explosives; the juggler whom only a few moments ago had been juggling his set of explosives had now found himself behind Walter; hands devoid of explosive balls which had now found themselves nestled neatly upon a stack of marine ammunition. Present company excluded, no sane man would have juggled an explosive let alone several and still smiled about it. The sound of Rey's explosion was like the drop of a beat; the louder more impactful explosion sending shock waves across the immediate vicinity; several marines and a few of the fodder that had followed them finding themselves sprawled along the ground; an unfortunate cannoneer finding himself impaled in the shoulder by the 'linstock' he had a few moments ago been using. Blood filling his mouth, the pained man gargled a scream of pure anguish as his comrades around him clambered onto their feet; bodies numb from the explosion and senses rattled.

Heart working twofold, the masked individual continued to sprint; his eyes fixated upon the back of the mechanical behemoth as he forced his way through, the shining man of metal leading the way to the epicentre of the marines base, uncaring of the destruction his actions brought upon the island. If anything, the sound of calamity seemed to spur him on harder, the cogs that powered his very essence working that little bit faster with every drum strike of explosion that rang above. The same could not be said for the unfortunate companion riding shot gun on his shoulder, the young boy's face an almost perfect copy of 'The Scream'. The poor virgin soul, looked mortified, the color disappearing from his face with every passing moment. It would be a lot of work to get him ready.. to prepare his fragile heart for the awakening of a true pirate. Levi smirked every so slightly, wondering just what kind of monster lingered behind his innocent eyes. Unfortunately, this was not the time for his rebirth; it was not a grand enough stage for such a thing. Levi would have to wait patiently for the day that pure soul turned sour, the moment his innocence would be robbed in exchange for true untainted corruption.

Hunger for depravity set aside, Levi turned his attention towards his surroundings. One eye remained fixed upon those that led the charge and another gazing upon the unfinished mayhem they were creating; the half painted canvas of today's story still lacking a few hues to to make it a work of art.

Despite the bloodshed and utter chaos that was prevalent the moment they had landed ashore, Levi could not help but feel a hint of nostalgia, the current events reminding him of days long since passed. Even against the whispered voice of his sanity, he could not help but feel a tinge of excitement, a tinge of anticipation for the things to come. Those unlucky enough to have remained on their vessel were surely missing out, their chance to leave their imprint on today's historic event soon to pass by the longer they dawdled.

Or perhaps it wasn't that they were dawdling but rather passengers along for the ride. Thief's, criminals or those simply looking to ride the coat tails of others by merely claiming to have been there. Even now, Levi could make out the faint shapes of men still lingering upon the ships; the bravado they once had now a dying flame against the ocean's breeze. Where was their confidence now? Had their knees buckled now that they were faced with the reality of what had been discussed during the first meeting?. Was all that bravado they had merely talk? Could they really be called pirates after throwing away this chance to stick it to the marines?

Whatever their reasoning for losing their nerves was, Levi knew for a fact that had this been 'the Oculus', those too afraid to take that step forward into the lions den were often the first to die.​

fackel33231.gif
Can't see me

Lexi May
"Katarina Devoux?!" Lexi's eyes sparkled as she recognized the name. She had seen her wanted poster in a tavern. "We're going to be working with Captain Katarina? So cool!" She almost fangirl squealed in her mind, but managed to stop herself. "No, Lexi. Now's the time to focus," she thought as she slapped her hands against her cheeks.

Lexi's expression became more focused and she nodded as she heard Captain Bella Mae say her name. She gave her captain a two-fingered salute before beginning her trek around the ship. She didn't have any reason to doubt how shipshape the Air Keeper was, nor did she find anything broken. The ship inspection was a good excuse to get more familiar with the ship.

Lexi was below deck when the White Rose pirates began their way up Reverse Mountain. She pressed her face close to the window to get a better look at the strong current going up the mountain. A large grin plastered her face as the wonder of the new sight took hold of her. She even started to giggle.

The landing wasn't the most graceful. The sudden thud against the ocean nearly toppled her over. The ship seemed to be fine though.

Hearing the order to prepare the cannons, Lexi started to ready some cannon balls.

Lynn Aquari
Orders were given and everyone started to do their thing, cutting short the conversation between Geraldo and herself. That was fine with her; she didn't really want to give out more personal details then she had to in order to pass herself off as a normal human. She raised her forearm and stiffly waved to the helmsmen before going below deck.

Lynn set up a makeshift infirmary and made sure everything didn't topple over as they rocketed into the Grand Line. She wasn't interested in the process it took to enter the Grand Line, knowing she was heading there was good enough; besides, she had her own work to focus on. Doctor's coat, check. Gloves, check. Bandages, check. Medicine and herbs, not as much as she'd like, but she could make them last through this encounter if she needed to.

Lynn also heard the order to prepare the cannons and decided to comply. She already had her doctor equipment ready, but no one to use it on (not that she was wishing for a patient.) Lynn walked over to where the cannons were and saw Lexi slowly carrying a cannonball, struggling with the weight. She already had a couple cannonballs by a cannon, but at this rate they'd run out of prepared ammo quickly.

Lynn pulled out a cannonball from storage and used her strong leg muscles to correctly lift them. She fared a little better than Lexi as she carried the cannonball over. Her steps were more steady and anchored her down, but she started to wish that she had focused a little more on her upper body strength too.

"Man the cannon," she calmly told Lexi. "I'll get you more ammo and take over if no one else comes when you have to fix something."

After a quick nod from Lexi, Lynn went to grab another cannonball. The sound of cannon fire began to assault her ears.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Chak Chak CelticHero37 CelticHero37 NUSKI NUSKI Blackvelvet Blackvelvet
AllHailDago AllHailDago (?)

Last edited:
Sai
Sai sat quietly at the meeting. He had been in town for some time now and had been playing his guitar at the inn he was staying at, which earned him a little bit of money. He hadn't heard about this meeting of pirates before today, but inevitable due to his keen senses on picking up on information he over heard some pirates at the bar talking rather loudly about it. He figured that because of the blockade there wouldn't really be a way for him to get to the grand line otherwise, and it would be difficult for him to run around the sea hiding from his families wide reach for much longer so this was pretty much the only chance he had at an escape. He managed to track down the meeting place fairly easily after buying these loud mouth pirates some drinks. At the meeting he had stood towards the back, not knowing anyone there aside from a few faces that had been plastered on wanted posters in towns all around the sea. Luckily for him he managed to stay off any of these wanted posters for the time being, so it wasn't likely anyone there recognized him either.

After the meeting was over Sai simply didn't know where to go, on one hand his goal was to get to the grand line as quickly as possible and on the other he was more suited to breaking people out of the prison. But from the robots antics and the unsavory group that was headed towards the prison ultimately he decided that it would be best if he got on the same ship as Bella, she seemed calmer than most of the people there and it was likely that the less noisy people would be headed with her. So he followed suit and got on to the ship with a back pack and overcoat on, his guitar in tow. He pretty much right away sat down on the ship, being a collector of weapons was pretty rough when you had to haul around a massive bag every time you go on a new ship, but such was life. Laying down his bag he quietly listened to the introductions of his new fellow crew mates. As the ship left port and began its trek up reverse mountain Sai gave a fairly loud sigh, as if maybe after all he had made the wrong choice. Looking up towards the captain of the ship Sai gave a quick wave.

"I Guess I'm suppose to call you captain now... Well you can simply call me Sai" He said, as he focused his breathing to prepare for battle. "I don't really have a fixed method of fighting myself, I'm kind of specialist in that regard, I have a few different weapons I switch between" He said giving Bella Mae a quick glance of his swords, Kusarigama and Tanto. He Picked up His guitar and gave it a quick strum to see if it was in tune. "Oh, I'm also a bit of a musician, I figured I'd play us something one the way to the blockade as I'm not much of a long distance fighter" He said as he began to pick at his guitar strings playing a fairly popular pirate song known as binks sake. "Yohohoho~ Yohohoho~.... Yohohoho~ Yohohoho" He sang loudly as the first cannon balls hit the water. He kept on playing, waiting for the ship to get close enough to another ship for him to be able to be of any use to his new captain.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock AllHailDago AllHailDago shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Blackvelvet Blackvelvet QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Chak Chak NUSKI NUSKI CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Bonzai
“Ahaaaaaha! Ahaaaaaaha!” Dusty was wailing. Bonzai got up from his chair and walked outside. He stood next to his hyena bear and gently stroked his fur. He could feel Dusty’s muscles tense. He looked towards the town and saw what Dusty was warning him about.

A huge cloud of smoke hang above the city. Boom! Boom! Boom! Three more fireballs appeared in the air. The smoke made it difficult to get a good grasp of the situation, but there were a lot of gunshots. He could see a group running towards the marine base. He grabbed his binoculars to get a better view. Was that a robot?! nah, must be the smoke.

one of his lackeys came running towards him and stood still to salute him. “S-sir, some explosives went of in-.”

“I have eyes, you dipshit.” Bonzai cut him off.

“S-sorry sir! What would you have me do, sir?”

Bonzai was freaking out inside, but he couldn’t show it. Was the little wild girl part of something bigger? No, she couldn’t be, right? She was too young! He hoped everything was fine inside the prison, but anyone who was bold enough to attack the island must have a pretty good strategy, right?

“Sir?”

“Right! Get me a den den mushi so I can tell scar and ask the base station for their situation. And tell the men to set up their rifles on the railing facing the city side.”

“Yes, sir!”

Oh, how he dreaded the call with Scar.

“Pulluh Pulluh Pu- Roger!”

“This is Petty officer Hannatee.”

“Bonzai here. What is your status.”

“No problems as of yet. The pirates appear to be moving towards the marine base and leave us alone. Nothing to worry about.”

“Don’t get cocky with me.”

“No, sir we have already started setting up barricades. Will there be any reinforcements from up there?”

“No. You are on your own. There is a riot in the prison, so we can’t risk it. Scars orders, not mine. We are in pretty deep. It seems like they planned everything. Expect the worst. Also, I cut off the thermal power, so anyone coming up here needs to paddle themselves up. Good luck Officer!”

clank!

Located towards the Eastern side of Maroon Summit's village far away from the rapidly approaching chaos that Walter and Co. had brought along with them was a quaint and somewhat dilapidated building. The Cable station, as it was called was one of the, if not the most important building on the island of 'Moon Summit', the archaic structure acting as the only means of connecting the marines of the island to the prison located at the very peak of the volcano. That being said, it was clear that the weatherbeaten structure had seen better days, ratty structure lacking in modern day TLC. From the outside looking in, it was clear that the marines stationed on the island had done very little towards maintaining its general aesthetics; and If anything, it appeared as if they hadn't even charitied a thought towards its outward appearance at all.

Lacking in beauty, the building itself had been built upon solid foundations; thick iron beams acting as the spine of the whole structure, supporting its hulking frame throughout the centuries since its birth. No matter the severity of the storm, the building always seemed to stand tall, its unrelenting sturdiness a testament to the brave men and women stationed on the island who were tasked with not only protecting the peace but ensuring that the villainous scumbags they guarded were unable to escape their confines.

4 Watch towers made the square perimeter of the building, each located at a corner of the 'square' space they covered. Connecting each of the 4 towers were double layers of Iron fencing with barbed wire covering the outer base and the top of each fence. Around the outer layer of the fence, a deep 2 meter wide trench reaching a depth of 8 meters completed the outer defensive 'wall' of the building. Inside however, half a dozen sand bag fortifications had been prepared, three on either side of the main entrance with each station home to a mounted turret. Needless to say, the Cable station was a building not so easily overtaken by those stupid enough to even try.

Dear Future Crimson Horns,

Welcome to you first challenge. All soldiers are canon fodder, but strategically placed, so think how your characters will defeat them. Or maybe there is some other more stealthy strategy?

Good Luck!

(Ricky) NUSKI NUSKI (Uroko) Arne Arne (Safia) AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy (Wasabi) CelticHero37 CelticHero37 (Ava) D dieforonepiece and any new recruits

Kuddos to Phayne Phayne and DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo for their help

Last edited:
Kiki, Alicia, and the Beast Shenzi

Alicia sounded as if she might be sobbing a bit jutting out on the wreckage of the once glorious barrel of liquor. Kiki’s hug made her blush a bit though her face wasn’t quite visible given the awkward angle she was in. As the hug was ceased Alicia slowly turned herself over, a rather lack cracking noise escaping as her weight quickly make quick work of the planks of wood from the barrel not designed to support so much stressed focused upon it. She shook her head out, a bit wet from the alcohol as she did her best to wipe it up using her apron with her facial expression showing complete devastation.

“Th.. the warden was already so mad at me… I’m... I'm g.. going to get fed to the beasts after this... all of them at once.” She spoke sobbing a bit though it didn’t seem as if she was tearing up as much as she looked as if she might start at any second. The white haired woman slowly stood up, fumbling a little bit to straighten herself out finding solid ground that could support her weight after quickly causing more of the barrel would to break in the process. She looked towards Kiki almost as if she had become aware of the fact she was a pirate and she might shout out about it.

Kiki wasn’t paying much attention to the weak strong lady. She was looking up through the whole in the ceiling, where she could see a big hairy belly. If she had her Jo with her she might have poked the belly. The sickening sounds of chomping meat and breaking bones made her think twice though. She hoped they had enough time to get out before the meat was gone or the hyena bear decided that it was not hungry anymore.

“Wh… why was… why was Bonecrusher chasing you…. th… th… th… that must m… m… mean…” She spoke fumbling as she looked quite fearful as if nearly about to figure out she was taking part in a prison break. Before anything of the such could happen she looked tearfully placing her hands on her face in complete shame.

“I… I must of left the door open! I... I.. .I’m s… sorry, I’m such a failure… it must be my f.. .fault you were chased! I’m s… so sorry… pl… please… forgive me. If… if I c… can make it up in some way please… I’ll do anything!” She spoke bowing her head repeatedly as if in desperation to be forgiven not at all catching on to what was going on.

Kiki took pity on the lady. She was probably scared and hadn’t really found her purpose in life. Kiki wanted to care for the lady, but maybe that was just what she wanted her to think. Kiki would have to test her first. Maybe getting out was a good challenge.

“Where is Adel?” she asked kindly.

Alicia took a moment to look up seeming as if she would break down in tears at any moment. She rubbed her eyes as if to wipe away those slowly forming tears staring towards her. She seemed a bit lost as to what she meant only becoming a bit more distraught thinking she was talking about some member of the staff she should know about rather than a prisoner. She hadn’t the slightest clue about anyone who was kept there. She had been ordered to not talk to the prisoners much with what interaction she had with them.

“I… I’m s… sorry! I… I don’t know who that is.” She spoke looking as if she was suppose to know, bowing her head repeatedly as if in hopes of receiving forgiveness. “Pl.. please forgive me I’m so useless I should m.. memorize names but i am so horrible and useless I can’t.” She spoke shivering as she seemed to fight back tears once again feeling guilty for not being of any help.

Kiki looked puzzled at the lady. She probably had to explain a bit more, but she didn’t like talking. On top of that, the eating time for the dog was almost over. They probably had to move know if they did not want to become part of said meal time.

“Adel is Strong.” She showed her biceps. Then she pointed at herself. “I am Kiki.” And then she grabbed the ladies hand and started to walk towards the door. It did little as the lady was way too heavy for her, but it was the gesture that counted. “Let’s go! You take me to Adel now.” It was not a question.

Alicia looked a bit puzzled looking as if she was about to cry as Kiki grabbed her hand looking puzzled as she tugged her, standing up herself following the girl’s gesture. She blushed a bit bowing her head as it finally registered in mind. “Al.. Alicia.” She spoke muttering her name as she walked forward as if being dragged by the girl despite in truth walking herself given her weight making it rather difficult.

“If… if we head back th.. .the way Bonecrusher chased us f… from at the intersection, we c.. can get t.. to the side Adel might be, wh.. wherever she is. The place is a maze… I st.. still get lost wh.. when I’m cl.. cleaning when I don’t pay attention.” She spoke being uncertain where to really look for Adel not really aware of who she was. It made the most sense to her to head back to the core of the spiral leading to the various parts of the prison. At the very least it was far less confusing to go from there to the various locations as all other routes were designed likely on purpose to purposely confuse people within the prison.

Kiki nodded, she had already suspected that was the way to go. She made her way to find the stairs, the only exit of the cellar. She was still holding Alicia’s hand, but this time she was following willingly. A light nudge from Alicia could be felt as the meek maid seemed to instead pull Kiki in the opposite direction towards the actual staircase. After the initial nudge Alicia suddenly fell back as if once again being lead by Kiki instead despite Alicia knowing her way out herself.

Another light pull by Alicia redirecting Kiki away from the wrong direction lead them to walk past a few more barrels of liquor and what looked to be the stairs back up. Climbing up the stairway and around the corner opened up the way to an open kitchen and a mess hall, much better in quality than what the prisoners got. This was probably for the officers, which made sense with all the wine and meat, unless they treated their prisoners as kings.

They heard some struggle and someone talking. They quickly hid behind the counter.

“... No harm, no foul, but I will not be returning home. You did well, but it is now time for you to rest." someone said.

As silent as she could Kiki turned her head around the corner and assessed the situation. A marine was on the floor, clearly unconscious. A towel was gently placed under his head, almost as if the guy was sleeping.

Kiki reached a bit further and saw the person who had done it walking towards the door. It was a young woman. If she was taking out marines she must have been on the same side, right? Maybe she could tell Kiki where Adelheid and Pops were located.

She came out of her hiding place and was about to shout to the lady, but before she could the door was violently slammed open. The bang it made to the wall echoed through the mess hall. In the doorway was a very muscular brown woman. Her face looked almost maniacal, radiating hate and malicious intent. It was almost scary, if it wasn’t for her ugly hairdo. She was almost completely bald, except for a small tuft of hair sprouting out from her for head.

“YOU!” Shenzi was panting a little as she shouted, her finger pointing directly at Kiki. “You hurt my poor baby!”

Kiki swallowed hard as she noticed the chomping sounds behind her suddenly stopped.

“I will not let you get away with it! You disgraced me and my brother and infiltrated the staff with these two and that guard girl!”

Kiki had no idea what she was talking about, but decided that it was better to stay silent. This hot head would not listen to anything she had to say anyways.

Alicia looked rather panicked herself and very confused. What did she mean infiltrate? Kiki was a guest from what she saw. She was talking about her infiltrating the staff? She would of spoke out in protest hadn’t it been for how fearful she was of the woman as she shook in place at clearly someone who she feared the most in the prison. A scary beast like Bonecrusher needed an equal scary person in charge able to take control of it.

“This is where your little game ends! You have nowhere to go!” Bonecrusher appeared in the doorway on the other end of the kitchen and let out a roar. The situation looked dire indeed. “This will not just be your prison, it will be your grave!”

Collab with Felix Felix

Mentioned: Chak Chak

Jayjay, Thing, and Ezra
Collab with Felix Felix

“Psshhh, I refuse.” Jayjay turned his head in annoyance to the man who called him out on keeping marines alive. “People often mistake me for a zombie, but I am actually a doctor. I don’t need to harm people to get attention from them. I’ll just be myself, thank you very much.”

In the moment he stood still he noticed the boy behind him struggling with a big bag of bombs. Even before he called for help, Jayjay was already on his way.

“We are here to give you a hand.” Thing jumped up to bring the point home. “What can we-”

The robot man interrupted and took care of things. And as quickly as he came he was gone, leaving them with some grenades in their hand. “Such a flashy personality.” Jayjay said, almost as an afterthought.

The silence lingered a bit as Jayjay observed the boys face. He appeared to be a bit worried, maybe scared even.

“So … you still need those hands?”

Ezra stood in stunned silence after the very loud robot so rudely interrupted the man, and hand, that had come back to help him. The bag of oh so precious explosives was removed from his possession and all he could do was watch. It was quite concerning that the craziest one of them all now held onto the majority of his stash.

“What?” Ezra turned his head to the man when he spoke, effectively pulled from his stunned silence. He pondered over the question for a second as the robot called out something about taking over the bridge ahead of them. That was going to be quite the feat.

“Actually, I might need more brain power. Got one of those handy?”

Jayjay protectively raise his hook towards his head. “Nobody touches my brain!” he shouted aggressively. Than he calmed down. “But if you mean you want to get some creative juices flowing, then I am your man.”

He looked to where the boy was looking. “Ah … the bridge, hmmm? I don’t think blowing it up is the way to go. Hmmm … We should probably first take out those cannons and guns on the other side or we’ll be cannon fodder … hmmm. You wouldn’t happen to have flash grenades as well, do you?”

As if to answer that question, Ezra slung one of his shoulder bags off his body after he set the explosives Walter had handed him on the ground. It took him a minute of digging, but he pulled out a set of three grenades. “I don’t use them often. This is all I got.” He gestured for Jayay to set his explosives down, so they wouldn’t get mixed up, then passed the flash grenades to the man. “There are a couple smoke bombs as well.” Ezra pulled out a pair of said smoke bombs as well.

Jayjay was surprised with the sheer nonchalance with which the boy pulled out more bombs. “Of course you have another stash on you. Makes you wonder where else you might have hidden some. Jayhayahay!”

“Let’s catch up with the group while we discuss, shall we?” They started running towards the rest of the group.

“I think we better keep the smoke bombs for later. We want them to see us coming and grab attention. Smoke also means that we would handicap ourselves in an unknown situation. Let’s go with the flashy option for our flashy captain. How strong are they?”

Ezra nodded in response and hid the smoke bombs away again, then took the flash grenades back from the man. “Pretty heavy I’d say. Could easily temporarily blind someone for a decent time.” He slung his stash back over his shoulder as he spoke.

“Hmmm. Thing and I could hand out some bandages to protect everyone's eyes. We only want the marines to be dazzled by our glamour, right? Since Thing doesn’t have eyes, maybe he should be the one to throw the bombs at strategic moments. What do you think?”

“Sounds like a plan.” Ezra took a second to look ahead towards the group, gauging about where they all were at. It looked like some, the captain and his passenger for the most part, had already started towards the bridge. “Might not be able to protect all their eyes but it’s worth a shot. Maybe some sort of keyword so those that don’t take eye protection know when there’s a flash bomb going out.” Jayjay nodded.

They caught up to the rest of the group with a fair amount of ease, just in time for the fishman to start going off at Ezra for taking his spices. The lad completely ignored the accusing finger and words. They had plenty of time to discuss that issue later. For now, Ezra needed to get the group to stop for a second, at least long enough to pass out the bandages. So he did the only thing he figured would work.

“HEY!” He shouted as loud as he possibly could, trying to be heard over the explosions that were beginning to go off. “Hold on for a second!” He motioned over as many of the others he thought would see as possible, and whether they came closer to hear what needed to be shared or not, he didn’t much care. He wasn’t going to shout out their plan so if others in the group don’t hear it and end up unprepared, that’s their loss.

While the boy was talking Thing and Jayjay were cutting the bandages of Jayjays body, slowly unveiling the pieces of dead meat. If they were not such a great team they would never have managed. Jayjay’s hand kept his sword resting on his shoulder (with the blunt side of course. With his hook he undid the bindings and unraveled his flesh. Thing collected everything and made loops of about the circumference of a head. When they collected several rings. “Hold on tight!” Thing grabbed onto his shoulder with one end of the loops. With one firm slash Jayjay cut through them. It was not a clean cut, but no one would mind.

“These are flash grenades, pretty heavy duty ones at that.” He held up the three flash grenades for emphasis. “We have a plan to use these to our advantage. We’ll throw them at the best possible moment to give us advantages. If you value your vision, I suggest taking a bandage to cover your eyes with before we throw them.”

Once Thing and Jayjay seemed to be ready to go with the bandages, Ezra turned to them. He took a couple bandages from the pair and began handing them out to anyone that had stopped to listen. He kept a bandage to cover his own eyes, and then glanced to the young boy stuck on the robot’s shoulder. He wondered if there was any way to make sure that one knew to protect his eyes.

“And be careful with those bandages, I want them back later!” He slowly popped out his right eye, like one would normally, and stored it in his pocket. “For better protection avert your eyes whenever I say … ehm … “ He popped out his other eye. “Whenever I call out something sexy, that means Thing here threw another flash bomb and that the marines should have another look. So don’t peak, Ye Perverts.” He wanted to look around to see if everybody understood, but realized that he couldn’t see. And neither could the others. “On your mark! … Get set!” He felt Thing on his shoulder releasing the first grenade. “Look! A lady with very fertile birthing hips!”

And they charged.

Flash!

Hopefully everyone was running in the right direction.

DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo Exanis Exanis Refaulted Refaulted Comancherah Comancherah thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl animaltankthing animaltankthing Phayne Phayne Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Walter and Oliver

Walter was focused on getting across the bridge and taking down as many cannons as he could that lined it with the explosives he borrowed from the man originally carrying them. He continued to carry Oliver in the crevice of his arm while his hand held onto the bag of explosives. The bag draping over the back of his hostage but in a way that the robot would still grab the items from within. Suddenly an explosion was heard behind him...but also...above him? Curious to discover where the sound came from Walter spun his head 180, as if he was an owl to gaze upon the scene behind him.

Looking upward he found some of the explosives he handed out to his group, Stacy and her friend specifically, threw the explosives up into the air as makeshift fireworks. Walter’s face held a large grin as he watched with delight. “AHAHAHA!!! YES-S-SSSS-S ANNOUNCE THEM ALL TO THE SHOW!!! G-GGG-GOOD THINKING!!!” He laughed his approval toward Stacy and her friend as he continued to run forward, although he wasn’t watching where he was going.

Glancing around at the group he was with Walter saw an interesting weapon of choice being put into play by their masked companion. The robot was pretty sure the man was carrying and wielding scissors?! How fascinating!! He reminded himself to get a closer look after their little mission.

Oliver held his hand over his ears but he still flinched every time an explosive went off. He was trying his best to keep it together for the sake of their mission but the intense violence and loud noises were wreaking havoc on his already frayed nerves.

"I'm going for a bit of a dip, Captain. I'll be back."

“Peanutttttttttt! Don’t leave meeeeeeeeeeee!” Oliver whined but the fishman was already gone, jumping off the shore and swimming off.

Turning his head down from the sky, Walter saw a flash of red out of the corner of his vision. It was the juggler from the ship who ran and hid behind some crates. Walter’s head began to turn from its backward facing position as he looked away from the man wondering what on earth he could be hiding from. The man had thrown one of the explosions into one of the marine’s ammunition piles and must’ve ran before the explosion went off. “Oh HO!!! Now that’s going to be an explosion!!! G-GGG-GG-Great choice!!!” Walter shouted with excitement as he awaited.

Oliver turned his head just in time to see a massive explosion go off as the ammunition pile went off like a roman candle. The explosion caused maximum carnage as many marines were too slow to get away in time. Oliver shut his eyes tight, not wanting to see anymore bloodshed then the had to. He had seen enough after the guy with the mask massacred most of the surviving marines. In his desperate attempt at ignorance, Oliver was unable to hear the warning announced by the demolitionist.

“Look! A lady with very fertile birthing hips!”

“Fertile...what does that-” Walter turned his head back around again toward the corpse in his confusion. He stopped his question short when a bright light filled his optics. “That was bright. Very shiny!!! I l-l-ll-like it!!!” Walter shouted his approval at the zombie-demolitionist duo, as his robotic optics remained undamaged from the light.

Walter wasn’t the only one admiring the flash bang though. A marine near them had just been about the throw a grenade at them, in an attempt to stop the mad robot in his tracks. However, the flash grenade blinded the man. One hand went toward his injured eyes while the other still completed the motion of the throwing the grenade. The movement caught Walter’s attention and his gaze focused on the device that left the marine’s hand as it flew through the air.

The robot’s head turned to watch where the explosive would fall when his blue and green optics saw what was about to happen. The large robot had no time to react when the huge explosion went off from a too-close-for-comfort ammunition pile. The blast sent shrapnel flying through the air and unfortunately Walter was close enough to it that he was knocked off his feet by the shockwave. Both his young captive and the bag of explosives came flying out of his grasp as his metal form created sparks as it slid across the pavement. “Well that was unexpected.” Walter muttered as he turned his head to face the right way and started to pick himself back up. Some shrapnel still harmless colliding with him metal form as he stood back to his feet.

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!” Oliver screamed as the loudest explosion yet went off and he flew out of Walter’s arm. He hit the ground hard, scraping up his arms and elbows as he tumbled and rolled away from Walter due to the force of explosion behind him. After he finally came to a stop, Oliver shakily got up to his hands and knees and surveyed the carnage around him. Dead and injured marines littered the ground but there were still many of them up and fighting.

Walter turned to look at the bag of explosives that was torn from his grasp. “That’s...a problem…” He commented. The sparks that flew from his metal husk sliding on the pavement lit some of the explosives, that happened to by lying right next to all the other explosives. If those all went off together...well...Walter would rather think on the positive side. The gears in his head spun as he tried to think of the best course of action in this situation.

Oliver stumbled to his feet and spun around, frantically looking for his robot companion. When he caught sight of him he saw his friend surrounded by a lot of lit explosives. Oliver’s eyes widened as he shouted “WALTER! GET OUT OF THERE!” He was so focused on his friend that he didn't notice the few bombs rolling in his direction, nor put the pieces together that the chain of explosions caused by the multitude of bombs would blow up both Walter AND himself.

Walter’s head snapped up at the found of his friends voice. His gaze followed the line of bombs over to the small form of the mechanic a ways away from him. Oliver was too close if the explosions were to go off. Too close for Walter to actually do anything about it. “Oliver. Run.” Walter commanded his first mate before he threw his metal frame to the ground. The robot frantically began grabbing onto all of the lit explosives and hurtling them one by one into random directions. The chain reaction could not go off, it would be bad for the entire distraction squad.

“Huh?” Hearing Walter not shout for a change sent shivers up Oliver’s spine as he looked down at the line of bombs that led towards himself. “Shit!” Oliver yelped as he stumbled over his own feat but managed to turn himself around and half trip half run away from the impending chain reaction. As he stumbled though, his unsteady feet accidentally kicked a lit bomb further out in front of him. “Oh shit!” Oliver gulps, internally cursing his own clumsiness. But despite his lack of athletic ability the bomb went pretty far, so he was safe for now. However, the bomb suddenly changed trajectory and started rolling back towards him. Oliver paled as he felt bridge he was running on slowly tilting backwards. He suddenly realised that he had made it onto the second half of the bridge, past the tiny island in between the main island and the island with the Marine base. The second half of the bridge he had run onto was actually a drawbridge and it was opening up. Not only would this block them from making further progress towards the base, but it had caused the bomb Oliver had carelessly kicked to come right back to him, fuse quickly burning out.

It seemed as though Walter was just chucking bomb after bomb after bomb. Would there even be any left after he was getting rid of the lit ones? His audio receptors couldn’t tell the difference between the sound of the explosives he was throwing or the flash grenades launched from behind him. Upon throwing the last of the of the lit bombs near him, he lifted his head to see how far his little mechanic had run….which….wasn’t very far. Walter focused down toward the cause of the man’s slowness, his legs, only to see a small glimmer of light shining off the fuse of a bomb that was rolling towards the human.

Walter launched himself to his feet. His long robotic legs covering massive distance as he sprinted toward the human. The fuse was running out too fast, the only thing he could really do would be to push Oliver away and hope for the best. That is exactly what the robot did. Swinging his arm, Walter collided the metal with Oliver’s side, Walter knew it would hurt him but it would heal, and it would be much better than being exposed to an explosion. The mechanic entered a state of flight at the impact which would send him hurtling toward the opening crease of the bridge. After making contact and sending the man flying, Walter spun on his heels and launched himself toward the grenade to try to kick it further away. He managed to successfully make contact but after it was in the air the explosive went off sending Walter flying backward.

Oliver felt the wind get knocked out of him as Walter pushed him off the bridge. He barely had the time to acknowledge the horrible pain in his side before he was in free fall towards the water. He hit the water hard, sinking quickly below the waves. Oliver tried to swim but he was already disoriented from his sudden fall and dip into the ocean. The salt water stung his eyes and he couldn’t tell what was up and what was down. Without thinking he opened his mouth in a futile attempt to regain the air he’d lost and breathed water into his lungs, causing him to sink even faster.

The robot tumbled but remained mostly unharmed, his clothes on the other hand...weren’t so lucky. He managed to get himself to his feet just as he heard a distant splash in the water. Turning his head he saw the bridge he stood on was slowly rising and an opening appearing in the center. This was a drawbridge. Walter bolted over to the edge of the bridge to gaze at the water below. Just as he thought, he pushed Oliver off the edge. The boy was going to drown unless someone saved him.

"Hey, Walter! We gotta be careful! The bridges are mechanical, and they can lift and lower them whenever they want! I found the building they have the controls in!" The voice of Peanut reached Walter’s audio receptors and Walter snapped to look at the fish in the water.

“FISH!!! OLIVER!!! G-G-G-GGG-G-GO!!!” Walter shouted and frantically pointed at the ripples in the water from where the mechanic fell. As much as the robot wanted to make sure the mechanic would be okay, he knew Peanut wouldn’t let him drown. Turning around Walter ran down the slowly opening bridge back toward the other members of his distraction squad. “THE BRIDGE IS OPENING!!! I REPEAT THE BRIDGE IS OPENING!!!” Walter announced his warning toward the others over the sound of the fight. Ahead of him, looking back over their previous path of carnage Walter saw marine reinforcements begin to swarm in from the town, the marines were trying to cut them off!!

The drawbridge is slowly opening!!! The farther into the bridge your character is the more likely you would be able to clear the gap to the otherside. However, if you just entered the fight on the bridge you likely won't be able to make it. Based on your character’s position it's up to you whether your character could accurately make it to the other side or not.

Collab with DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Exanis Exanis Sophrosyne03 Sophrosyne03 Refaulted Refaulted Phayne Phayne JayeTheKat JayeTheKat animaltankthing animaltankthing Comancherah Comancherah Felix Felix

Last edited:
Captain Scarlet Johanna Indigrid and Airy Lynns
Although the thought of spending the entire attack babysitting a little girl wasn’t exactly what she had had in mind when she’d decided that she and Ed would be joining the attack on the blockade, Scarlet also really didn’t feel like arguing with the order in her current mental state. She wasn’t much of a fighter, either, so she really couldn’t make much of a case if she decided to state that she wanted to be involved in something else. Additionally, there was something oddly pleasant about the captain’s daughter and Scarlet imagined that spending some time around someone pleasant might do her some good.

That was why, when it was time, Scarlet had followed Luminaria and Airy into the captain’s quarters without issue or argument. She had briefly turned to Ed, though, and whispered, “Good luck!”

Inside the captain’s quarters, Scarlet watched with Luminaria as Airy pulled a whole bunch of blankets off of her mother’s bed and bunched them up into a little corner creating a comfortable cushiony nest of sorts. Patting the spots next to her, Airy had proclaimed, “Come! Sit with me!”

Scarlet walked over to sit down next to the captain’s daughter and when she looked back at Luminaria, she found herself being asked a rather interesting question that she honestly didn’t know how to answer at first. “I was… for sure.” Then, as she considered things, she realized she didn’t think that was enough of an answer. “I might still be, I suppose, but I really don’t know. I definitely don’t deserve to be. That much is for sure.” In Scarlet’s mind, she definitely couldn’t call herself a pirate if she couldn’t succeed at pirate things. Although she’d made it to the grand line with her crew, she hadn’t survived there. Pirates could survive and thrive on the grand line - at least, by her definition they could.

Airy, somehow, managed to realize the sadness in the way Scarlet answered. It wasn’t clear whether she saw it, heard it, or some combination of the two… or maybe it was just a child’s intuition. The world may never know. However, Airy did pat Scarlet on the shoulder and say, “No be sad.”

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Last edited:
Luminaria Shakes
original.png
Luminaria watched as Bella Mae’s child climbed off her lap to make a makeshift ‘nest’ with blankets, then demand they sit with her. Lumie rolled her eyes. No way she was going to sit on the dirty floor just because the Captain’s kid wanted her to. Perhaps she would’ve if more people were watching, but it was only Scarlet and Airy in the room.

Arms crossed, the sixteen-year old huffed annoyedly at Scarlet’s wishy-washy response. If the other woman was looking for sympathy from her, she wasn’t going to get it. “I didn’t ask whether you deserve to be one. I asked whether you are or aren’t one. What’s so hard about being a pirate anyway? All you’ve got to do be on a ship, wear an eye-patch or something, and loot some other ships until the government considers you one.”

Twirling a green lock of hair around her finger, Lumie pouted. “Really…I don’t get what the big deal about being a pirate is. Getting on the wrong side of the law sounds like a terrible hassle.”

The ship suddenly shook.

Had they crashed into something?

Luminaria frowned as she peered out the porthole above the bed . “You’d have to deal with something like this every day as well. Too much water isn’t good for my skin or hair, you know.”

And they would definitely be encountering a lot of water if the ship sank. Nothing she could do about it now though. Luminaria fell back so she lay on Bella Mae’s bed, her hair splayed on the soft sheets. If she had to die at sea, she at least wanted to on a nice comfy bed while doing so. Still, this is was what Luminaria Shakes wanted. To make Geraldo hers. She didn’t give a wit what anyone else wanted.

Therefore she would place her bets on Geraldo.

“No one really deserves anything. There’s just two types of people in the world—those that take and those that are taken from. I’m the sort that takes what she wants. Who cares what anyone else thinks?” Lumie rolled so she faced Scarlet. “Worrying about it will only give you wrinkles. How old are you anyway? You look older than me, but frown lines can make you look older as well...”

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Last edited:
Warspite

Uuugghhh… What a shit show…. Warspite had somewhat discreetly (which was really fuckin’ easy when almost everyone around you is extremely boisterous, insane or both) walked behind the group of pirates as they were storming the bridge to the Maroon Summit base. Feels like forever since I’ve been to a Marine base… Letting out a nostalgic sigh, before settling back into her foul mood. She hadn't had a drink in what seemed like an eternity. If Phillips isn’t here I’m gonna fucking castrate someone, God why couldn’t I have least take’n a shot before storming the base... She then viscously sliced at a marine that got to close. What has become of my life…

*Earlier*

Warspite had heard about the pirate gathering from a ragtag group of pirates she hired herself out to at that time and decided it was worth looking into. She spent the whole meeting nursing a horrendous hangover. Her head throbbed as she rubbed her temples with her fingers… They have the right idea here, their intel ain’t too bad… But their plan is fuckin’ terrible! Rush the blockade? How? With what weaponry? A sneaky night approach or a bold ‘fuck you’ assault? Distraction? What kind? Is the robot expendable? Is it really a captain? Start a prison riot… Finally a good and partially thought out idea… If the robot is storming the Marine base I’ll go with him. If He is there he’ll probably be at the base… Never in her life had she seen a captain that was, fully, mechanical. Robots were designed to be tools, could it really be possible that one could achieve sentience? Maybe the kid is his handler… acting meek and afraid to draw attention away from himself… Observing the kids actions though, she got the feeling he was being genuine and not putting on an act. What a pain this all is….

On the way over to the base Warspite isolated herself on the prow of the ship, sharpening her sword before the oncoming assault. When they got to the dock, she was just finishing cleaning her blade and checking to make sure she had all her meager belonging in tow for when she left the vessel. From the corner of her eye she could see that the subtle approach was out the window when the robot released a jet of flame and crushed a Marines skull. She looked away in disgust for a moment. Well this is off to a brilliant start… Warspite decided to let most of the pirates disembark before following suit. Let them take the brunt of the Marines’ defenses, I’m not here for them, or at least not all of them… Florence Fitzroy Phillips… Captain Florence Fitzroy Phillips… What a loathsome piece of human garbage. A slippery, unsavory, silvertongue bastard. That selfish, controlling, egotistical motherfucker destroyed her career out of petty jealousy. It’s not my fault that he is severely lacking in the tactical maneuvers department or… being a fucking competent combatant… No, all he knows is fuckn’ politics...

As she seethed, she hardly noticed most of the pirates leaving. Coming back to reality she assessed the situation. Well that should be enough pirates to distract the Marines for now… I wonder if these pirates have any good liquor aboard… No. Warspite shook her head. She was going to be stone cold sober if she was going to kill Phillips, if he was even here to begin with. She wanted to savor the agony on his face as she slowly put him a torturous death. Her only regret being that she could only kill him once. He deserved at least a thousand deaths.

She disembarked the ship and walked at a brisk pace, staying a couple dozen meters away from the crazy death machine leading the procession of (mostly) insane pirates. While most of the Marines attention was directed at the others, Warspite occasionally had to hack away at any Marine that attempted to attack her. She tried her best to not seriously maim anyone, but her rotten attitude lead her to act more cruelly toward any marine who assailed her.

*Back to the Present*

Eventually the procession slowed down considerably when they just about got to the first bridge. Warspite hustled over to see what the problem was. Apparently the robot had acquired a fuckton of explosives from somewhere and was duly handing them out with the utmost exuberance. She took a few and examined them briefly. While she wasn’t an explosives expert, most marines (or ex-marines) had a very basic understanding of what a bomb or grenade and such was. It was clear that these explosives were a rush job, but as far as she could determined they were made by someone who knew what they were doing. She then rather clumsily attached the explosives to her belt in a manner that they could be disposed from her person rather expediently. Then the fireworks started. The knife throwing guy was laughing loudly as he deftly juggled several bombs, tossing them with rhythmic precision. A young man with a scarf and the only other woman in the group (as far as Warspite knew) displayed great coordination with the use of their explosives. Not bad… Not bad… Maybe something can be salvaged from this poorly thought out diversion...

Then some strange man covered in bandages gave her a rather… worn and slightly discolored bandage… and indicated that she should use it as a blindfold, she heard him announce that he or a dismembered hand, apparently called ‘Thing’ would be throwing flash bombs or grenades to blind the Marines. Warspite gingerly held the bandage with her fingers, I have no idea where this has been… There is no way I am using this on the only eye I have left… She tied the torn bandage to her belt, and decided she would just close her eyes when the strange bandaged man said the safe… sexual phrase… What? Why? This is why going over a plan before leaving the ship would have been better… We had no communication… Maybe I should have talked to the robot about this instead of being a sullen bitch…

“Look! A lady with very fertile birthing hips!”

Warspite crouched down and closed her eyes and waited a few seconds after hearing the explosion. When she opened her eye she noticed that a blinded Marine botched his grenade throw.
“Shit!” She growled under her breath as she threw herself on the ground as the grenade went off. Hearing lots of screaming and scraping metal, She didn’t want to look up for a brief moment. Then she quickly got back up to her feet to see that the bag of explosives the robot was carrying had broken open and several bombs now had their fuses lit.

“Well fuck…” Warspite sighed loudly. Aaannndd…. We are back to the shit show…. If all those bombs went off it could blow the bridge and the easy way to get to the base. She then saw the robot’s sidekick yelling at the robot to move. Why? It seems to be blast proof… If it blows up it could be repaired, and if not… Well it’s just a robot… build another one. Letting out another annoyed sigh she reluctantly helped the robot dispose of some of the bombs. While the robot was clearly unstable she didn’t want the bridge to blow. She did her best to throw the bombs at the gun installations firing at them. The robot was just throwing bombs in random directions.

“Great idea… Just throw the bombs wherever… Tactics? Strategy? What are those!?” Warspite hissed under her breath in a scathingly sarcastic tone. The robot was also screaming at his companion struggling to get away from some bombs that had rolled in his direction. Feeling a twinge of sadness and anger that the insane kill bot put this kid in unspeakable danger she just hoped he would make it out alive. He has some sort of gun… Can he even use it? What was he going to do for the distraction? He has a limp and seems to have no combat experience whatsoever. Maybe I ought to teach him how to use that gun… if he survives this whole ordeal…

Then the bridge started to move, opening up to impede their progress toward the base. The robot then made a move toward the boy and pushed him into the gap in the bridge, plunging him into the water below.

"Hey, Walter! We gotta be careful! The bridges are mechanical, and they can lift and lower them whenever they want! I found the building they have the controls in!"

Just as the boy splashed into the water this fish man showed up with this obvious, if crucial, information. Thank God we brought a fishman along. He even takes initiative. This guy may just be the most competent person here. I might even be able to get along with him.

The robot gave the fishman the frantic order to save the kid, named Oliver.

“Wait! Before you save… Oliver, tell me where they are controlling the bridge! I can lower the bridge for us, hurry.” Warspite still needed the distraction so she could find out if Phillips was here without drawing too much attention.

DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Exanis Exanis Refaulted Refaulted Phayne Phayne JayeTheKat JayeTheKat animaltankthing animaltankthing Comancherah Comancherah Felix Felix

Last edited:
Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivruski IV
Ed had gotten so shaken up and distracted with trying not to be noticed that she'd stopped paying attention to her drawing. Once she realized it, she furrowed her brow in annoyance as she tried to undo what she could and salvage the complex picture she was making. During this time of distraction followed by hyper focus, she hadn't been taking mental note of what was really going on around her. People talked, plans were made. They were going into some sort of fight. All unimportant info, as she knew she could handle herself.

It was only when people started moving about around her and Scarlet seemed to disappear that Ed glanced up from her drawing. Her head snapped around as she tried to locate Scarlet until her eyes focused on the blockade stretching out in front of them. They were heading straight for it. Almost immediately, she felt a knot in her throat. A million different routes and more were highlighting themselves in her mind. In a matter of seconds, she witnessed the battle going on in so many different ways, so many different scenarios. Almost like ghostly projections, their ship advanced wherever she looked, like a piece on a chess board. She envisioned the cannonballs trailing through the air, she almost felt the heat of the explosions.

The odds were horrible, the ship was headed on a course that wasn't the one she'd have been most confident in, and every second new options disappeared. Instinctively she looked to the helm and took a step forward. Realizing someone was there she reached out, intending to get their attention, but then she realized her hand was shaking. She opened her mouth to say something, but no words came out. Ein chattered away, realizing something was wrong, but Ed didn't hear him. She was beginning to feel a bit numb. She'd even forgotten what the captain had asked those who weren't fighting to do.

She took a few steps back, feeling sweat roll down her temple as she moved further back before turning around and started heading toward the back of the boat, her eyes focused on a a pile of cargo boxes to hide behind. Part of her thought this was silly and didn't want to appear scared, but at the same time, she felt nauseous. She slipped behind some boxes as soon as she could, bringing her knees up to her chest and trying to take deep breaths. She felt sick, like she was going to throw up. These odds were horrible, and they were going up against the marines. If they lost here, she'd be captured and sent back home. The worry had so clouded her mind that she couldn't even think straight any more. She'd never experienced this before. She tried to reason with herself, but couldn't shake the feelings. Her options of individually escaping like she would have done in the past were non-existent. Not to mention the fact that she now felt tied down since Scarlet was here and she didn't want to leave her. Too many conflicting emotions were driving her crazy. She didn't know what to do.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Chak Chak (Messenger Eight & Rei) QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel (Luminaria & Geraldo) shadowdude505 shadowdude505 (Lexi & Lynn) NUSKI NUSKI (Dokushira)

Last edited:
Geraldo Marxheimer
5b6a768308c0a673171e67417b165ccb.png
Edit
The only sounds of cannon-fire came from their side.

The blockade still had yet to respond, likely still getting their bearings straight. Arrogant marines probably didn’t expect a sudden attack from so many pirates at once, assuming that their large numbers would serve as enough of an intimidating factor that none would dare attack. Or, perhaps, the crazy robot was causing such a big distraction that their manpower was severely split. The fireworks that shot in the sky from the island behind the blockade were certainly eye-catching enough.

Proof that the distraction team was doing their job properly.

Geraldo took note of it, the same way he took note of the masked artist with shaking hands that wandered away to the back of the ship, and the musician played a cheerful tune amidst the raging cannon-fire. However, he was busy making use of their element of surprise. Hopefully the music would help calm some of the more frightened members of the crew. Luminaria had never been on a ship during battle either. At least, he didn’t think she had. Having her stay in the Captain’s cabin provided a measure of relief to the pirate, who didn’t want to have worry about her as well as a marine blockade.

“Aim at their cannons! Don’t give them a chance to fire!”

It was probably beyond the scope of his position to be shouting advice to the people manning the cannons, but if the current situation called for it, it called for it. Besides, it was only common sense. Communication was important in a naval battle and Geraldo wanted as little holes in the Air Keeper as possible. Dying because of failing to act outside his perceived role was probably worse.

Faster, Geraldo willed. C'mon, Baby. Faster.

They needed to close the distance before the marines could get themselves organized. Just as he thought this, the Air Keeper jolted forward, moving faster than it had before. Geraldo blinked. Had the wind picked up? No. It seemed as if the water beneath was pushing them forward. But how could that be? Geraldo shook his head. They must’ve lucked in on a good current.

Just as he was about to thank the gods, the marines opened fired for their first round.

Geraldo focused on the gap in the line Bella Mae pointed out, keeping the boat straight on course for the most part and ignoring stray cannon balls while doing his best to avoid direct hits. He’d have to trust the shipwright to do the necessary repairs. Fortunately, the current beneath them seemed to be on their side. Was the gap big enough for the Air keeper to squeeze through? Didn’t matter. He’d forced his way through if he had to. That was the plan, after all. Geraldo’s eye flickered to their partner ship. Speed was important, but so was timing in this case. He needed to match with Devoux's ship so they could pool their firepower and quickly sink one of the marine ships. The sooner the better. The longer the battle lasted the more likely superior numbers would simply overwhelm them.

"Get the side cannons ready!"

Sliding Bella Mae's boat perfectly between two marine ships (unless the gap was too small, in which case the Air Keeper would’ve jilted a bit from the impact of ramming its side into another ship~), Geraldo pulled his pistol sword from its holster and fired holes into the marine ship sails. Let the assault begin.

Blackvelvet Blackvelvet , BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji , Lady Warlock Lady Warlock , CelticHero37 CelticHero37 , NUSKI NUSKI , shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , AllHailDago AllHailDago , Chak Chak

Last edited:
Nereus and Frank
"SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT"
Nereus desperately tried to make sense of the chaos around him, with mild success. There were flames, explosives, zombies, psychopathic cyborgs and mothering fishmen.
"Sounds like a fun Friday night." "Say something useful or shut up." For a brief moment Nereus was running side by side with the cheery fishman. "Keep up" The spear-wielding cook mouthed with a grin before running closer to their robot leader. "Yeah, keep up, slowpoke." "I do not want to hear another word from you!" Nereus shouted. He got some stares from the Marines for that, but he really didn't care. As Nereus advanced, he made it his job to clean up any loose Marines with shots from his rifle, doing his best to breathe and keep his nerves in check. As much as he wanted to start collecting specimens, there was really no time with all the insanity happening. "Is it REALLY so difficult to slow down and think of a plan? Why does everyone have to just charge in all the time?" Nereus thought to himself as he watched the fishman force feed some breakfast to the poor soul on the robot's shoulder. "No one was even remotely ready for this." "You complain more than my arthritic grandma, get your ass moving or you'll be left behind!" Nereus didn't have time to think about the logic behind that statement before he was startled by the sudden halt of the colorful group. The robot abruptly handed an armful of explosives to the group, then turned to run off towards the bridge. "Oooo what fun, we can cause some REAL damage with these." "Thank you captain obvious, now hold these for me." Nereus hurriedly shoved the explosives between his pack and Frank, hoping none of them would fall out later. "At least we're finally thinking things through, the flashbang idea isn't too bad." Nereus's thought process was promptly interrupted by having a dirty cloth of some kind shoved into his hands. Upon further inspection the section of cloth looked incredibly old, with some questionable stains. "There are so many sanitation issues with this piece of cloth, I'll take a pass on putting this on my face" Nereus shoved the cloth in his pocket so he could give it back later.

"Look! A lady with very fertile birthing hips!"

Nereus was quick enough to cover his eyes before the flashbang lit up the area, disorienting the Marines and causing a general ruckus. Remembering himself, Nereus quickly reloaded his rifle and tried taking a few potshots at the Marines operating the cannons. Only a few got close, he wasn't a very good shot. "You know, generally guns work better if you HIT the target." "I am so sick of your shit right now." Before their argument could escalate, Nereus heard the fishman call from the water under the bridge (when did he get down there?):
"Hey, Walter! We gotta be careful! The bridges are mechanical, and they can lift and lower them whenever they want! I found the building they have the controls in!" And then the reply from the sullen woman with the sword:
“Wait! Before you save… Oliver, tell me where they are controlling the bridge! I can lower the bridge for us, hurry.”
"Finally! Someone is thinking ahead! I'll come with you and figure out how to raise this bridge!" Nereus called to the woman. Pissed off as she looked, she seemed to know what she was doing, and blowing the bridge to shit seemed like a bad idea.
"Look at you, making friends. Are you going to invite her to your birthday party?" "You and I are going to have some words when we get out of this mess."

DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Exanis Exanis Refaulted Refaulted Phayne Phayne JayeTheKat JayeTheKat Comancherah Comancherah Felix Felix Sophrosyne03 Sophrosyne03

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back