• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece: Marine Blockade at Maroon Summit

O
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

One Piece: A Race to the End is a fandom alternate universe roleplay that follows three unique pirate crews on their journey across the Grand Line. Their adventures will cross, they will intertwine, but only one captain can be named King of the Pirates at the end of it all. Does that make it a competition? Well, that depends on whether or not they all want the title.
unknown-1.png
A Secret Meeting of PiratesCaptain Quincy Grimm
The letters had been sent. The call had been initiated. The experienced Captain Quincy Grimm was tired of being stuck in the North Blue away from all the adventure in the Grand Line. It had only intended to be a quick stop… one of his crew members had gotten news that family was dying and wanted to be there when it happened. Then the blockade went up, though, and they’d been trapped there for months. Yes, the Pirates Grimm were a strong bunch, but alone, they didn’t stand a chance against a full marine blockade. That was why he’d needed to send out a call for help. Surely, he thought, there ought to be more pirates like him who were stuck because of the stupid marine plot to end their search for adventure. From there, he’d sent the letters. Captain Quincy Grimm didn’t know many pirates in the blues, per say, but he did know where he would find them if he went looking for them. That was how he knew where to send them to.

Every pirate corner, every dark alley, every island not under control of the world government, every dirty tavern where there was lots of gambling… those were the places he sent them to because he knew those were the places where people would accept his offer. The offer was simple, too. Join him and help eliminate the marine blockade and then the freedom to travel the grand line would be theirs.

Now all he had to do was wait. The date had been set, and soon it would come. It would be a meeting of the ages, no doubt, and normally having it in Loguetown would have been controversial at best, but since the blockade, there had been very minimal marine presence in any of the blues. He figured it would be manageable. The real trouble would come when they finally faced this massive blockade that the marines had created. Quincy had a plan for that, though… and it would work if enough people answered the call. He could only hope that they would.

And then the day finally came. If he’d been hoping to see any familiar faces, Quincy was sorely disappointed. None of the faces that were standing in front of him were faces he could honestly recall having seen before. Some of them no doubt had names he’d heard of, and that was better than nothing as far as he was concerned. If some of them could make a name for themselves, then maybe, just maybe, they actually stood a chance. Before long, all those who had answered the summons were standing in front of him and Quincy Grimm took a deep breath before he started to speak.

“Thank you for coming,” he began. “As I’m sure most of you are aware, this meeting is about the blockade. It’s about the marines thinking they can stomp us into the dirt and prevent any more pirates from pursuing the great adventure that is the Grand Line. Anyone they catch, they’ve been holding on charges of piracy… even those who may just be seeking to travel and it's about time we put an end to it all.”

One young woman… well, actually two since she had a little girl on her back, stepped forward with a question almost right away. “Uhm… I don’t know where your numbers are at, but there are more marines than there are people who’ve answered your ‘summons.’ Right now, this seems like suicide.”

Almost the moment the woman started speaking, Captain Quincy Grimm started nodding. “That’s what the marines want you to think, Miss…?”

“Bella Mae.”

“Of the ships in the blockade - of which there are quite a few I’m well aware - how many of them do you think are actually properly manned? The marine numbers aren’t infinite and they’ve surely got some of their strongest dealing with things further along the Grand Line. After all, the blockade does nothing to get rid of pirates that are already there. And that’s why the plan I have for us is going to work. This isn’t a numbers game. It’s a game of the quality efforts we can produce.”

On a board behind him, Quincy Grimm pulled down a cloth and unveiled a map of the first island on the Grand Line - Maroon Summit. Beside the island were little symbols meant to represent all the ships that were lined up maintaining the blockade’s security. “Only some of these ships are going to be fully equipped to handle an outright attack. And then, of course, there are marines manning Maroon Summit as well… I doubt there are many even there, though. And that means that if we attack on Maroon Summit, some of the marines in the blockade will leave to provide aid on the island, creating holes in the blockade. Once we get a few ships to the other side of the lines, breaking it up should be easy pickings. Not even a fully manned marine ship was meant to handle an attack from both sides.”

As the plan started to unfold, the woman who had initially objected seemed to come to terms with it. “It might work. The attack on the island is merely a distraction for the main assault.”

“Exactly. So the first thing we need is someone to volunteer to cause a distraction.”

As if on cue. a towering form reached his arms out to the people in front of him. His optics glowed bright blue and green and top hat crowned his bronze head. He easily shoved the people aside as if parting the seas. ”D-D-D-D-Did someone say ‘distraction’?” A man - no, a robot leaned down to look at those around him. ”Nice to meet you, I’m Walter!! I think you’ll find I can be q-q-quite entertaining!! I can easily give these marines…..a show for you!!”

“WALTY!” The little girl on Bella Mae’s back proclaimed quite jubilantly.

Suddenly a small form pushed through the crowd and looked up at the child on Bella Mae’s shoulder. “Oh my gosh is that you Ai-”

”AIRY MY DEAR!! And Bella Mae of course!” Walter’s blue and green optics snapped toward the two. ”My FIRST fans!! What a s-s-s-s-s-splendid surprise!!”

“Indeed it is, Walter. Oliver.” Bella Mae greeted them both. Her gaze shifted back to Captain Quincy Grimm, though, because they were still discussing the plan.

Meanwhile, Captain Quincy Grimm was staring at their newest volunteer, almost as though he was trying to decide whether if it was a good thing or a bad thing that Walter had stepped forward. Almost as though she could see the confusion in the Captain’s eyes, Bella Mae nodded as if to say, ‘He’s ok.’ Captain Quincy Grimm seemed to notice and then he proceeded to ask, “So Walter, what would your approach be to creating a distraction on Maroon Summit?”

Walter turned his glowing gaze back toward Quincy. ”Picture this: Create as much havoc as possible….in their base!!!” Walter put a hand up to his face. ”Alright, I’m gunna need glitter cannons, a loudspeaker - Oliver a-a-a-aa-a-are you writing this down?!”

“Hold on! Hold on!” Oliver piped up as he patted himself down frantically in search of a notepad. He quickly pulled one of out his overalls and started mumbling to himself, “Pen… Pen… I need a- Walter! Can I please borrow your pen?”

”Sure, here.” Walter reached into his black tailcoat to pull out the pen and hand it to his little friend.

Oliver quickly took the pen from Walter. “So let’s see… we’re gonna need…” Suddenly Oliver paled as what Walter previously said sunk in. “We’re doing WHAT NOW?!? HOW IS INVADING THE MARINE BASE A GOOD IDEA?!!! Ohmygoshwe’regonnadie…” Oliver trailed off as he clutched his notepad in fear.

A smirk grew on Quincy Grimm’s face. He didn’t even seem to react to Oliver’s panic. “That’s a good start. I think we can go bigger, though. There’s a prison on the island, newly constructed, where they’ve been keeping all those caught by the blockade. I think we can set them loose too. More people to join our cause can only help, right?”

Walter glanced at the man from under the brim of his hat. The gears in his head spun as he morphed his faceplate and chin into a smile and steam escaped through the gaps. ”I like your style. As they say, ‘go big or go home’!!! HAHAHA Lets let those folks run free!!!”

“We’re breaking into a prison too…” Oliver paled even more and could feel his knees shaking.

“Alright. Here’s the details. Walter and anyone who chooses to join him will sail through reverse mountain and attack the island. The rest of us will wait one hour and then sail through and start assaulting the blockade. If they see us all coming at once, they’re less likely to break ranks and dive to the island to help with the initial attack.” His eyes scanned the rest of the group, seeking to make sure everyone understood. “Everyone here who doesn’t have a ship should find someone to join up with. We could all use the extra hands. For those attacking the blockade directly, working in pairs of ships might be best, particularly once we start creating holes. Any questions?”

Oliver started to raise a trembling hand before Walter reached over and clenched onto the trembling wrist. With one simple tug the small man was flung into the air and thrown over the shoulder of the robot. ”LETS GO OLIVER!! Now where did that fish go? PEANUT!! PEANUT WE LEAVIN’!!” Walter shouted and scanned the crowd as he walked away looking for the other member of his crew.

Meanwhile Oliver was crying into his hands as he was carried away like a sack of potatoes. “We’re all going to dieeeee.” He sobbed miserably, with his robot friend taking no notice of his despair.

Keep An Eye on HimSitting in a corner throughout the meeting’s duration were two individuals… not particularly interesting individuals compared to the rest of the people around them, but people who were clearly paying attention to the plan and who clearly could be of help if they decided it was worth their time. One of them was another young woman, a bit gruffer in appearance than many of the other women present, but no less capable of poise. Captain Quincy Grimm actually recognized her - vaguely - and it was that recognition that led him to approach her. “Miss Stacy Beauregard, I bear greetings from your uncle.”

At that brief introduction, Stacy’s head perked up completely. Her uncle was about the only family she had who had truly cared about her. “You know my uncle?” she asked. “How is he?” There was some anxiety in the way that she asked it because she knew he could’ve gotten into a lot of trouble for freeing her when he had. It seemed so long ago, but it really hadn’t been all that long ago at all.

“He’s doing well,” Captain Quincy Grimm replied without a second of hesitation. “He wasn’t sure if you would show up to this meeting or not. I’m glad to see you here. Are you planning on participating? You have more reason than most to distrust marines.”

“It's not the marines who wronged me.” Stacy’s eyes went dark for a moment as she remembered who had truly done her wrong. It wasn’t something she liked to talk about much, though. As for disliking the marines, though, the captain wasn’t wrong. “As far as whether or not I’ll help with this venture, though, I’m really not sure yet. Doesn’t seem like I’m really needed, honestly.”

Captain Quincy Grimm just smiled and started shaking his head. “That’s where you’re wrong. I’d love someone with a sensible head like yours keeping an eye on that robot so he doesn’t forget what his job is in this whole scheme. He seems very… distractible.”

“You would put me with the robot whose head is screwed on the wrong way, wouldn’t you?” She chuckled briefly and rolled her eyes before turning to her companion. “Syrin, you’re not going to like this but we’re going with the crazy robot dude. Someone actually managed to ask nicely.”

The captain had to chuckle along with her. Before they wandered off, he did add in a brief, “Thank you.”

DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo (Walter) Exanis Exanis (Syrin) Refaulted Refaulted (Peanut) shadowdude505 shadowdude505 (Lynn & Lexi) NUSKI NUSKI (Dokushira) QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel (Geraldo & Luminaria) Arne Arne (Uruko) thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl (Oliver) Comancherah Comancherah (Rey) Felix Felix (Jayjay and Thing) Chak Chak (Rei & Messenger Eight & Iliaya) Phayne Phayne (Levi) animaltankthing animaltankthing (Nereus) AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy (Safia) CelticHero37 CelticHero37 (Ed & Wasabi) D dieforonepiece (Ava) JayeTheKat JayeTheKat (Ezra) Sega Sega (Cesare)

Last edited:
White Rose PiratesCaptain Bella Mae Lynns
As Bella Mae boarded The Air Keeper this time around, it was with a different purpose than she had ever boarded her ship with previously. This time, she was prepared to take action. The marines had taken so much from her and it was time for her to take part in taking something back from them. She hoped that whoever else jumped on her ship with her also did so with purpose, and with intent. Of course, she couldn’t guarantee anything like that, but she could hope.

It wasn’t until she’d boarded her ship and set Airibelle down next to the helm that Bella Mae even bothered to take note of who would be joining her on this particular adventure. When she did look, she was pleasantly surprised by the amount of people there were. At first, she could only smile, but then she realized she had more to do than just smile and look pretty. After all, having people choosing to follow her made her a captain now… something she’d wanted to be for quite some time, actually. “Welcome aboard the Air Keeper. My name, as you probably heard in the meeting, is Bella Mae Lynns.” She turned and gestured to her daughter next and continued, “This is Airy. She’s my daughter. Anyone so much as looks at her the wrong way, walks the plank. No questions asked.” Her eyes briefly scanned her new crew to see if anyone seemed to be in opposition to her statement.

“Now that that’s established, I’d like to know a little bit more about you. A crew functions best when everyone has something to contribute and when everyone has a part to play. What part can you play on this crew?” As she waited for answers, Bella Mae set to getting her ship ready to sail, something she could’ve done blindfolded if she’d had to. Her eyes searched the horizon, looking for any other ship that might be available to team up with them like Captain Quincy Grimm had recommended.

CelticHero37 CelticHero37 (Ed) Chak Chak (Messenger Eight & Rei) QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel (Luminaria & Geraldo) shadowdude505 shadowdude505 (Lexi & Lynn) NUSKI NUSKI (Dokushira)

Walter and Oliver

The Steam Powered Pirates ship pulled into the dock at the Maroon Sumit town. Walter stood at the bow of the ship, his legs spread dramatically apart, one hand on his hip and the other above his optics, as if scoping out the town below. Gears and machinery moved in his face and he broke out into a manic grin, steam escaping the gaps. Meanwhile, Oliver was peeking nervously over the side of the ship, scanning to see if there were any Marines nearby. Thankfully, Stacy had convinced Walter to stow their newly drawn pirate flag so that they wouldn’t attract too much unwanted attention pulling into the harbor. Oliver still spotted two Marines walking towards their ship. Oliver squeaked and hid behind railing.

“Wwwwalter!” Oliver whispered frantically to his captain. “There’s Marines coming to inspect the ship! What are we gonna do?”

Walter snapped his head toward Oliver and followed his gaze down to the marines. With a small jump, Walter got off the bow of the ship and walked toward where the marines would come aboard. Gears turned and his right arm clicked, steam escaping the gaps as the metal moved and revealed a rotating saw. His towering form was focused but yet something moving managed to grab his attention.

Oliver looked over and saw his robot friend with his terrifying saw. He quickly jumped up and frantically shook his head. He made and ‘X’ sign with his hands, trying his best to keep Walter from sensesily murdering two Marines in broad daylight.

Walter looked at his mechanic for a moment before he hissed air through his vents as if the robot was breathing a sigh. The gears turned again as the saw was replaced once more with his normal robotic hand. Walter walked over to stand where the marines were walking up. They walked up the staircase to the ship one behind the other. The robot tipped his hat down to cover most of his faceplate as he waited. All was still for a moment before the first marine arrived.

Walter jumped in front of the marine, dwarfing his size and surprising the man. “HELLO THERE!” Walter yelled and suddenly expelled a huge amount of steam from within his core. The steam hit the man causing him to instantly scream from burns. The marine stumbled backwards and fell down the stairs, hitting the other marine with him in the process. The two of them tumbled all the way down the stairs and slammed into the dock below.

Walter watched the two with great interest as they struggled to get up. The one who was not burned got up first and took off running, presumably toward the marine base. Walter watched him run as he began descending the stairs himself. His gaze turned toward the marine he burned who was still squirming on the dock.“Y-you - You're from the circus!” The marine yelled. Walter halted in his walk for a moment. So the marines did remember him. Then it must not have been as long ago as he thought that he was scrapped...that all of his robot friends were… Walter's optics changed from their green and blue hues to a bright red as the thought of his old life filled him with anger.

Seeing the robot approach, the man fumbled for his rifle, shakily he managed to point it at Walter and pull the trigger. The bullet simply ricocheted off hs metal frame. “Now now, that won’t work on me marine. I think it's t-t-t-t-ttime to m-m-m-mm-eet your maker!” Walter exclaimed, glitching slightly, as he finally loomed over the man. Lifting one of his metal legs, Walter slammed his foot into the man’s head, pressing it backwards and down into the pavement. A loud satisfying crack echoed through the air. The action being completed, Walter's optics returned to their normal blue and green hues. Walter turned to face the people that had come with him on the ship and spread his arms wide in a dramatic gesture, his foot still where the man's skull used to be. “Alright everyone, let the show begin!!” the announcement was made in a much more cheerful tone than when he spoke to the marine.

Oliver squeaked in alarm as he watched Walter literally stomp the Marine’s skull in. He had his hands over his mouth in horror as he shook violently. While he trusted Walter with his life, the robot still scared him sometimes, and his mind kept flashing back to their bloody exit on Junkyard Island. Oliver was broken out of his fear though by the sight of the other Marine, booking it back to their base. “One of them took off!” Oliver pointed to the retreating Marine. “He’s gonna raise the alarm! What are we going to do now Walter?”

Walter glanced over toward where the other marine escaped. He put a hand up to his hat and tilted his head. “Well, I guess that means the base is that way then!” Walter announced before turning back to face the people with him.

Walter clapped his hands together “Alright, this is when the fun starts!” Walter put a hand up to his face for a moment before he stretched it out and pointed toward the people on the ship. “Ss-s-s-some of you need to go to the prison to release the prisoners, cause a riot, do your worst!” He brought his arm back to jab his thumb into his chest. “I will lead the charge into the marine base. Join me for a grand show!! NOW LETS BE OFF!! WE HAVE CHAOS TO UNLEASH UPON THIS ISLAND!!”

As if on cue an alarm went off, echoing around the town right after Walter’s words hit the air. “They’re over here!!” The voice caught Walter’s attention and he turned to look in its direction. Swarming out from the buildings around them were marines who had been alerted by the alarm. Walter quickly bolted back up aboard the ship, he scanned around for only a moment before locating Oliver and snatching the small man up like a sack of potatoes.

“Walter-!” Oliver yelped as Walter uncerimoinisly slung him over his shoulder, with Oliver’s stomach hitting Walter’s shoulder with enough force to almost knock the wind out of him.

“The prison is up that mountain there.” Walter cut off his mechanic from speaking as he faced the group of people before him. “Figure out how to get up there. T-T-T-The rest of you, WITH ME! LET’S GO!!!” Walter shouted, glitching slightly. He ran over to the side of the ship and jumped off, no longer caring about using the stairs.

“AAAAAAAAA!!” Oliver could only scream as the robot carried him off. The two of them slammed down onto the doc with a jolt and were instantly surrounded by marines.

“We’ve got you surrou-”

“You can’t take the hh-h-h-eat!!” Walter shouted as his jaw opened wide and steam escaped. He sprayed the marines in front of him with a stream of flames emanating from his mouth.

“HOLY SHIT!” Oliver screamed as he felt the heat from the flamethrower right next to him as he was held securely on Walter’s shoulder.

Walter once again ignored his short friend’s freakout as he began running off toward where he believed was the marine base.

Dear future Crimson Horns,

This is where you split from Walter. Your objective is to go the prison (not as inmates, but as rescue team). The other half of the crew will meet you there, so we can escape together. You won't have a leader, but AllHailDago AllHailDago will guide you by giving you opponents to defeat. Your first goal is making your way through town to the first Cable Car Station at the bottom of the mountain. Have fun!

(Ricky) NUSKI NUSKI (Uroko) Arne Arne (Safia) AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy (Wasabi) CelticHero37 CelticHero37 (Iliaya) Chak Chak (Ava) D dieforonepiece

Also tagged: Exanis Exanis (Syrin) Refaulted Refaulted (Peanut) thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl (Oliver) Felix Felix (Jayjay & Thing) Comancherah Comancherah (Rey) Phayne Phayne (Levi) animaltankthing animaltankthing (Nereus) JayeTheKat JayeTheKat (Ezra)

Kiki
“Oooh” “Aaah”
a chorus of nervous giggles and excitement went through the group as the cable car started moving. Kiki already felt claustrophobic and she hadn’t even reached her final destination yet. Adelheid had gone ahead quite some time ago, since they did not want to look related. About 30 people were crammed in the this tiny wagon, most of them adults. There was barely any breathing space for anyone, let alone personal space. The air was hot and humid. Kiki was lucky though. For Kiki it was more like a forest of legs, which was a lot more comfortable and she could actually move by wiggling herself between all those legs. Angry and annoyed grumbles arose as Kiki made her way to back. “Watch where you’re going.” “Those are my feet, asshole” “It’s just a kid, let her enjoy the view.” “Hrrmpf.”

The voices went silent as she finally made it to the back. Apparently the view was breathtaking. Or maybe it was just all these people packed in a tin can. Kiki wouldn’t know. There were windows all around, but she was just too small. She jumped to reach for the window frame. She really wanted her Jo right now, then she could’ve pulled herself up. Adelheid had been mean when she told Kiki not to take it, but she did understand. They would probably take it away at the intake anyways. She managed to pull herself up far enough so she could see and put her elbows in the frame to sustain herself.

It wasn’t just the people. The view truly was spectacular. There was the sea as far as the eye could see. Kiki longed to be on the ship again and break through the waves, but she had a job to do. Besides, something else that stretched all the way to the Horizon was a neat line of marine battleships. Kiki really hated the blockade. Why couldn’t they just sail wherever? Because they would probably get blown to bits and Kiki valued her existence.

The rest of the view was not bad either. The blockade was connected to a small marine base on a small island, which in turn was connected to a bigger one by a nice bridge. A nice little village was built against the mountain. It was just a little too straight and perfect for Kiki’s liking, but that was probably the marines striving for order again. There were quite a lot of people in the streets and even more in the square, all moving out of the town to make room for the new recruits. They all looked like ants from up here and growing smaller by the minute. Kiki had never been this high up and it was making her feel uneasy. Beneath them the jungle spread out, as a green sea of trees looming over the picturesque village. At least she could feel a little at home for a moment, a little wild. Not for long though. Kiki shivered at the thought of what she had to do.

The cart came to a sudden halt. It was so unexpected that Kiki’s elbows slipped away and she fell with her chin on the frame before falling to the floor. A den den mushi blared with a voice so bored and disinterested, it was dripping with sarcasm. “Welcome, Fresh Meat. Your other colleagues have arrived a week before you. The veteran’s will be so happy to see you, as will you when the next shift comes to free you in six months. We are now arriving at the intermediate station, where all food and supplies are stored. In a minute you can leave the cart in an orderly fashion. Please keep your hands inside the cart while we reel you in, or your hands will make the splendid view even more handsome. FOREVER! Hihahahihoohaha! Seriously though, no going over the balcony with any limb or we have to detain you. You have an hour to change into your uniforms and do whatever and then you have to report for the mandatory introduction by me, Bonzai, chief of staff and your worst nightmare. It will be soooo much fun. Enjoy the view and fresh air, because it will be the last you’ll get for the next months. Over and out. ... God, why couldn’t we just record this f-“ and it went silent. People were way too nervous now to care. With a slight shock and another gulf of giggles, they docked.

After the doors opened. The people stormed out in an ‘orderly fashion’, or whatever that was supposed to mean. Kiki would have to remind this word for whenever she wanted a stampede. When it was safe for her to move she ran outside onto the platform. You could now look down from both sides, one towards the village and one inside the crater. Both were full with crowds though. Kiki took a long breath, it would probably be one of the last she could take freely. She moved into the crowd on the crater side. It was way less dense now, so she didn’t have to anger anyone.

The air was way warmer and much more humid on this side. The boiling spring on the bottom of the crater probably had something to do with it. There was barely any wind, so the steam kept piling up. All visitors were staring into it trying to see it and pointing each other towards it. “… Dangerous pirates and criminals”. “No one ever escaped …” “I heard they even have Devil Fruit users in there.” “Are those even real?” Kiki immediately saw it. A gray fortress loomed in the mist. The Devil’s Cauldron, one of the most notorious jails outside the grand line. Adelheid was in there. Maybe they held their Pops here as well. She had to get in somehow to check and find Adelheid. Then break them out, but first things first. How to get in?

She remembered the inspiring voice and got an idea. She walked to a piece of railing where nobody was standing and started climbing. Then she stood on the railing and reached one arm demonstratively over the railing. “Iiiiiih!” One of the recruits shrieked and pointed at her. One of the guards that was already in uniform saw and yelled: “Get off of there right now lady!” Kiki shook her head. “I’m warning you.” He moved closer. Kiki took a step back on the railing. Kiki laughed her signature giggle: “Kikikiki!” The other recruits were moving away, afraid to bring her out of balance and be responsible for her fall. Kiki took another step, and another. She was really glad she was wearing rain boots as the railing was slippery. Another recruit had taken it upon himself to help out and was also moving in. she took another step. And tripped over a gun that was mounted on railing. She almost felt weightless as she tried to regain her stability. She was wailing her arms almost comically. Then she felt her other foot slip as well and fell over the edge. The guard was just in time as he grabbed her wrist and tugged her back in. The recruits applauded as they brought the little girl to the cable station.

“Sir, we captured a girl trying to climb the railing.” the guard said as they answered.

“Boring! give her a lollipop or something. And don’t call me sir.” it was the same voice as the recording, but Kiki couldn’t see him because the desk was too tall.

“But Sir, I mean Bonzai-sama. She was actually already dancing on top of it.”

“Hhmmm?!” That seemed to have piqued his interest. Kiki heard someone move before a head loomed over the desk. His skin was dark and he had some dreadlocks on the top of his head, but was mostly bald. His eyebrows were slightly raised. “You’ve got spunk kid.”

Kiki moved her arms up to present her wrists. If he had to handcuff her, better get it over with. The guard looked at her in confusion. Bonzai laughed really hard. “Hihahahahahoohaha! You thought - Hihahahaha! You think we would actually - Hoohahaha!” He was gasping for breath. The guard laughed nervously with him. Kiki didn’t understand the situation at all, so she just laughed as well. It took more than a full minute before Bonzai finally came to his senses.

“I like your style kid! And you are in luck, as I am incredibly bored with these guards with sticks up their butts. You seem like fun though”

“But s-sir, we don’t even now how she-”

“Oh, shut up will you! Hey kid, how would you like to see how we deal with real criminals?!”

“Sir, you were specifically instr-”

“Zip it! and if I hear you blab to anyone about this, I‘ll have your head. Now out with you!”

“Y-yes sir!” He saluted and went through the door.

“God, always the yes-sir, what-can-I-do-for-you-sir, lick-your-ass-perhaps? Gah! but enough of that. How about that tour?”

Kiki wasn’t quite accustomed to this kind of hospitality, but it was probably a lot better than actually being imprisoned. She nodded enthusiastically.

“Alrighty then! Little missy! This way!” He nudged her into a different cable car, this one made of iron and completely open.

Kiki climbed on a bench near the side and hung out. Bonzai sat next to her and switched a lever. This cart was much faster as they were going downwards. Kiki enjoyed the wind they generated and hung even further outside. “Oowoowoowoowoooh!” Kiki turned around and saw Bonzai do the same. The man clearly had longed for this. Kiki was much obliged to help.

They slowed down as they neared the entrance on the roof. “Welcome to the Devil’s Cauldron, kid.” The two guards next to the door clicked their heels and saluted Bonzai. “Welcome back Head master Bonzai!” “Yeah, yeah. Quick look over there! something is approaching over the water!” They looked in alarm. “Hah, you gullible twats. Don’t let me catch you off guard again!” “Yes sir!” Bonzai and Kiki were already past the heavy metal door.

“You were probably wondering why it was so easy to get in here.” Kiki nodded. “Well, if any prisoner manages to make it this far, the door won’t do much. After they are out there simply isn’t any cable car for them to get out of this boiling pit. And even if they still manage to get onto the cable, we can simply cut the cord and let them fall to their deaths.” Kiki shivered, even though it was boiling hot.

“So here we have the gym, here is where the real powerhouses were gathered!” Kiki saw some buff people doing stuff, but nothing really compared to Adelheid. Kiki was slightly disappointed, but she hadn’t expected to find Adelheid yet anyways. She was probably just finishing the actual intake for prisoners or maybe she didn’t have fitness privileges yet. They went through another door. “And this is where all the criminals are. Behind bars of course." A corridor with cells on both sides was slightly curved and slanted downwards. “And yes, you see it right. The entire prison is built like a spiral, so our pets can easily roam the entire hallway." The inmates that noticed them were taunting them. “Bonzai-sama, let me out!” “Hey, little girl, want some sweets?” “Damn, Bonzai, you brought another one? You old dog!”

“Shut up or you’ll be Dusty’s new rag-doll!” Bonzai barked. They immediately fell silent. “See kid, this is where you end up if you keep being a bad girl. We wouldn’t want that, now would we?” Kiki had to think about that question for a bit. She did not want to be a good girl, but she also did not want to be confined, which was much more important to her. Ferociously, she shook her head.

Bonzai continued walking and Kiki followed along, making a mental map of the place ashe pointed out the interesting sights. “Here is the Mesh Hall, it can be quite rowdy in here, but it isn’t dinner time yet.” The tables in the room were made of metal, but some head heavy dents in human shapes. “And here they have their showers, but don’t drop the soap. Hihahahahoo!” Kiki didn’t get the reference, but she laughed anyways. “And this is the silent wing, but it’s boring, so let’s continue.” A maid threw over a bucket and got their feet wet. While Bonzai was scolding the poor girl, Kiki had a better look. There was human sized monkey in a cage, meditating as it seemed. In the cage next to him, a red haired guy laid in a weird position. He seemed drugged. Kiki took pity on him. “Let’s move on kiddo!” Bonzai said a little angrier. Kiki didn’t want him to be mad, so she quickly continued with him.

“And here is the library, for when any of these evil prisoners decide to become good, or at least smarter, or commit suicide by boredom. You really don’t want to end up -” “Pulluh Pulluh Pulluh!” The tour was quickly cut short. “Pulluh Pulluh Pulluh!” The den den mushi on Bonzai’s belt rang. “Pulluh Pulluh - Roger”

“Yo Bonzai here.”

“You idiot!”

“Hey Sis. How is your day? Mine is fine, than-”

“Shut up!” And Bonzai was actually silent for once. “You brought another visitor didn’t you?”

“N-no”

“I saw her on the surveillance mushi’s, you imbecile.” Bonzai swallowed audibly. “Scar specifically told you not to do that anymore! You had one job!”

“But I was so bored, why do I always get cart duty?”

“You know damn well why! You wouldn’t want to put poor Eddy up there now would you? Or are you suggesting Scar or me should do it? hhm?!”

“No, Shenzi-chan, I wasn’t.”

“Okay.” She seemed to relax a little. “Just get your ass back to the platform. And take the kid with you!”

You heard the lady, kid. The tour is over.” He looked over his shoulder. “Kid?!”

“ehm … Sister darling …”

The voice on the other end was deadly calm. “She’s gone, isn’t she?” You could almost hear the face palm through the line.

“What should we do? Should we sound the alarm? Should we send our pets?”

We, don’t have to do shit. You go back to your post and defend it in the unlikely event this gets messy. Take Dusty, just to be sure. Just do the presentation for the plebs, like you are supposed to, or even tell them to search for a girl in a yellow raincoat as a training exercise. We don’t sound any alarms. Scar doesn’t need to know as long as we fix this and I don’t want any of the inmates to get any ideas. Eddy and I will also take our Nandi’s and we’ll sniff her out. She’ll remember this day alright! This will be the day her bones were snapped in half! Hahahahihahoohaha!”

Bonzai awkwardly laughed with her, but deep down he realized how big of a mess he had gotten himself into this time. The poor little girl.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Azure Sky Azure Sky Rurnur Rurnur

Adelheid’s common sense declared that perhaps this wasn't exactly the best of ideas, and that maybe this was, in fact, the worst one she had in a while. What else could she do, though? Neither she nor Kiki were particularly gifted in strategic command nor were they actual pirates that commanded armies of ships. If she had tried to ram The Ship With No Name into the blockade, it’d just be rendered into a thousand tiny splinters. It wasn't that she didn't trust the ship, it was more of that she knew how much punishment the ship could take. She wasn't smart, but she knew enough.

Like how to act as if the manacles that held her were strong enough to keep her in place in her cell. What did those weirdos think she was anyway, some common thief? All she had to do was give a moderately pained look at the manacles before they thought it was fine to confine her in them. Her expression wasn't entirely faked though-- she only recently got out of the ones on her arms from the last time she was chained up, and the all too familiar metal on her wrists was not a welcome one. However, while they underestimated the tensile strength required to keep her chained to the wall of her cell, they certainly didn't waste any expense in keeping the door between her and the outside world shut and bolted. From what she had seen, this lock-up was for special criminals, a far cry from the bars that held the other inmates. She brushed a hand across the steel door and pushed against it. It barely moved. It was solidly built. At least the people running the show here had some foresight.

Well, the young lady thought to herself, if a push wasn't enough, then perhaps some more force was required. She raised her foot, reared it back, then slammed it straight into the steel door. It shuddered, and crumpled ever so slightly, leaving an indentation. It looked like it needed more coercion, and this sort of coercing was right up her alley. Grinning from ear to ear, glad to finally be able to let loose a little, Adel swung her arm, warming it up for the beatdown to come.

Francesca’s common sense dictated that this was possibly the BEST idea she had in a while. How could it be so simple? All she needed was to toss a dumbass on patrol into a locker and squeeze into his outfit, throw on a cap, and dip it low enough to hide most of her features, and bam, Bob’s your uncle, father, and brother! She allowed herself a grin that would befit a shark more than a human, then promptly dropped it to give a courteous nod to another passing guard. She had to get into the role- just some underpaid guard working for the head honcho and his lackeys, two of which were not particularly bright. Still, this was a brilliant stroke of luck, and an amazing stroke of genius. Not only had she managed to sneak in undetected, she had also managed to find where Holiday was situated. All she had to do now was break her out and…maybe find a uniform for her? Or she could just kill everyone on the way up! Both ideas were very entertaining. She would like to see Holiday try to fit herself into a uniform for many reasons, and one of them included finally being able to see her bare skin. Was it scarred and rough, like the kind a prizefighter like her should have, or was it smooth and pearly? A reddish tinge came to her face as she brought the image to her mind’s eye, then abruptly dispersed it with a shake of her head. She had to focus. She sidestepped one of the ‘pets’ that the head honcho had left patrolling the prison, quickly moving away from it before finally coming down to her objective- one of the lowest floors, the cell block holding dangerous criminals.

She approached one of the steel doors, to the cell with a piece of paper next to it that read ‘Holiday’, and rapped against it experimentally. It was solidly built, almost like it was forcefully wedged into a gap in the brickwork. A bang resounded from the cell next door, but she ignored it. Probably some rowdy prisoner. She clicked her tongue in annoyance, and pulled out a set of hairpins. She would have to crack this lock the hard way. She wasn't too sure about how good her lockpicking skills were, especially with such a troublesome and cumbersome lock like this one, but she had to try. It was her duty after all. She couldn't fail after coming this f--

“Hey, what are you doing?”

Shit! She spun around, chucking the hairpin behind her subtly, coming face to face with another guard. He approached her slowly and warily, his eyes scanning her appearance.

“I...I don’t recognise you,” he started.

“Uhhhh, I’m a new entree, sir! Just came in with the most recent batch!” She was flying off the seat of her pants now- she had to lie through her teeth with everything she had.

“Riiiiight,” he drawled, unconvinced. “And when was this last batch’s arrival, huh?”

“Uuuuuuuuhhhh…” This was bad. There was no way around this. She probably had to kill him before she could get anywhere. Her hand reached behind, under her uniform, and grasped at the handle of her machete. She just needed him to get a little closer, and then she can bury it right into his neck. Just a liiiittle clos--

Another loud bang hit the door behind her, and this time she noticed. She turned towards the sound, and the guard arched his head slightly, glancing at the door behind her. With a grumble, he seemed to forget all about her and pushed past her, moving towards the other steel door. “Hey! Keep it down there, inmate! You’re riling up boss’ pets!” He yelled, slamming one hand against the steel door.

He turned his attention back to Francesca, and opened his mouth to say something, but was very abruptly cut off when the door beside him burst open, slamming into his face, pieces of metal and concrete scattering through the small hallway. Francesca darted forwards to the unconscious guard, and, with her machete, cut free the keys from his belt, and returned back to the door she was tending to earlier. A well-built, tall woman exited from the cell that had just been ruptured from the inside, but Francesca was far too busy fiddling with the keys and the door to pay much attention to her.

She was halfway through the ring of keys when the woman finally spoke up, her voice sounding much younger than Francesca thought it would be. “You. What’s the way out of here?”

“Just head on up straight. Exit’s at the top, ya can’t miss it.” Francesca groaned when the key refused to turn, and went for the next one. It HAS to be one of these, right?

“Oooookaaaaaay…” the woman seemed unsure. From the corner of her eyes, Francesca saw her approach the entrance and peek out. “So, what are you doing?”

“Tryin’ to free a prisoner? What does it look like I’m doing?” Francesca shoved another key into the keyhole, and paused. If this was the high security lock-up, then these people must be really important or strong criminals. She could attest to that fact for Holiday. She rubbed her chin, deep in thought. If she were to use the rest of the prisoners here to cause a distraction, then slowly proceed upwards and free all the other prisoners in the process, one way or another- the woman with her right now seemed to be able to break those bars upstairs easily- she would be able to extract Holiday easily. She nodded to herself, satisfied with her plan. She’d just have to wing it as usual if shit hits the fan. “Hey, before you go, would you mind dearly if you helped me with the rest of the cells here? If you could free ‘em, the prisoners in this block might just be able to work with ya. It’s a long way up, and there’s those pets that the head honcho has.” She kept her accent- she was still roleplaying as a guard here, after all.

The woman ruminated on this for a while, as Francesca gave a fist pump of victory when the keys turned in the lock. Pushing the door open, she glanced inside, and found, to her joy, her favourite playmate. She struggled not to smile, and approached her carefully, putting her best act of a scared, whimpering guard who was just bullied by an inmate. “U-uh, M-ms. H-Holiday? I-I’m here to f-free you, s-so don’t hurt me, a-a-alright?” She crept up to the woman, and worked through her manacles, and once they fell to her side, she quickly scurried out of the cell, cowering outside behind the door. Meanwhile, a loud crash sounded out from behind her, as another steel door had met its match in the hulking lady from earlier. She was useful. Very useful. Suppressing another laugh, she continued to keep up her mouse-like scurrying, heading to the next door of the cells and unlocking it.

AllHailDago AllHailDago Azure Sky Azure Sky Rurnur Rurnur Hanarei Hanarei

Geraldo Marxheimer and Luminaria Shakes
5b6a768308c0a673171e67417b165ccb.png
Edit
Geraldo couldn’t really say why he’d chosen to join the main blockade assault team. Perhaps it was because the robot at the meeting sounded too…insane? Cannons and loudspeakers were fine…but glitter? He wasn’t certain if he wasn’t certain if he could take the robot seriously or not. Working with someone he didn’t trust not to do something stupid didn’t appeal to him. Though, he had to admit, a large reason for his choice had to do with the woman that currently hanging onto his arm.

No, not woman.

Kid.

She was only 16, after all. There was an 11 years difference between such that he couldn’t really see her as a fully grown member of the opposite sex. That’s not to say she wasn’t attractive. She was cute. He could see why young boys were attracted to her. She just…wasn’t his type. Geraldo doubted her affections towards him were serious anyhow. The real her didn’t like any man from what he could see. It was all an act to her. A game. Something to boost her ego and get her what she wanted.

He’d seen through to the nastier side of her personality.

Frankly, it didn’t matter to him one bit.

It didn’t change the fact that he owed his life to the Mayor of Moonshore Isle and his daughter. He’d been watching her—the entire time he’d acted as her bodyguard. She wasn’t the angel the townspeople made her out to be. Nor was she the queen of evil either. She was simply an entitled kid. One that didn’t belong in a pirates meeting.

How she managed to get in, he could only guess. Probably flirted with a foolish scallywag that her in. However, he hadn’t been able to drive her off and leaving her alone in a room full of seadogs wasn’t an option either. One thing led to another and she ended up becoming his “gal”. Wonderful, right?

Withholding the urge to shake her off, since he was a gentleman and he knew she was only using him to drive away other men, Geraldo instead focused his attention on Bella Mae. He’d seen her in a wanted poster before. Though, no poster ever depicted her with a child. Seemed he wasn’t the only one who brought a kid to the battlefield. If Geraldo were superstitious, he’d almost believe it was his father’s curse.

Good ol’Petey did so love picking up kids for his pirate crew.

“I’m Geraldo Marxheimer,” Saying Captain of the Gentleman Pirates wouldn’t be true since he no longer believed himself worthy of the title. However, he didn’t want to say former Captain of the Gentleman Pirates either because he refused to believe his friends were dead. They were out there. Somewhere. That was why he needed to get back to the Grand Line. He needed to find that ghost ship in order to find out what happened to his crew. How else could he apologize for being a lousy captain that led them to their apparent “deaths”? “A fellow scoundrel and savvy sailor of the open seas." Despite his play on words words, his tone was flat. Far too serious to be a joke. "As such, I can play any part that’s needed to get the job done. But I guess I’m best at riding the waves.”

“Good god, is she making us work?”

Ignoring the annoyed whisper of his companion, Geraldo walked over to helm where Airy was. Kneeling down to her height, he offered the girl a friendly smile and a pat on the head as a greeting, though he was mainly inspecting the steering wheel. “At least, that’s what a friend of mine once said. I have a lot of experience in steering a ship through storms.”

Nevermore was his father’s ship. He’d grown up on it. Commandeered it as his own. Weathered it through storms and rough seas. The Airkeeper wasn’t exactly the same, but he didn’t he couldn’t handle it either.
original.png

“Oh! Aren’t you the cutest thing~!:”

His attention flickered back to Airy who was at the helm. Luminaria let one arm go to wave at the child. It gave him a sense of nostalgia. That was where he’d once stood, watching his father steer Nevermore with pride. Back when he still believed his father to be a good man. It was ironic that all the skills he now prided himself in were gleaned from watching the very man he killed with his own hands.

Well, sword really.

If Airy was a pirate’s kid, she’d also be watching her mother sail the seas. It would leave an imprint in her mind. Then, just like him, she wouldn’t be able to leave it. Or maybe not. Who knows? The pirate blood wasn’t in everyone.And I’m sure you don’t mean to let your daughter have the wheel.”

“That’s silly Geraldy! The child can’t even reach it.”

Geraldy.

Yep. No doubt about it now. Luminaria was definitely making fun of him. Geraldo gave the girl hanging onto his arm a nudge.

“Oh, is it my turn now?” Luminaria shot an angelic smile at the crew. “I’m Lumie Shakes. Unfortunately, I’m a weak girl that’s not good at anything.” Which was basically her excuse as to why she couldn’t work. “I’m just with him~”

Back to the arm hugging. Geraldo rolled his eye.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Chak Chak shadowdude505 shadowdude505 NUSKI NUSKI

Last edited:
"God is it that time already? I think I overslept...."

Rey stated to no one in particular as he got up and stretched out. Not an intimidating man in most respects He was thinly built but very muscular, but it worked for him in his line of work. He was a performer! Among other things of course, but mainly that. Rey heard a commotion out on the deck as he shook himself the rest of the way awake. what was that Robo dude up to now? Rey wondered as he wondered out onto the deck a couple of his throwing knives being juggled in his hand absentmindedly. What was that robot's name again? Willy, Walther..... Walter? Yea I think he said his name was Walter.... maybe... Rey probably should have paid more attention at the meeting, but with so many people around it was hard to concentrate when there was all that gold just waiting to be appropriated. Rey smiled to himself a bit as he thought back to how he leasurly meandered on through the bar taking a few bits here and a few bit's there. All told he could complain ended up with about 200 beli or so he would need to check later.

"Hey Robo-dude, or whatever your name is! What on earth with the ruckus?"
Rey asked as he stepped out onto the deck. "Oh..." Rey managed as he looked around and saw the robo-dude crushing in a Marines skull. "Well I thought we wernt making a huge scene till after we made it into the town, were still on the docks here." Rey called out after him; to be fair though this guy was kind of interesting and apparently didnt like the marines anymore'then Rey did. Might as well make the best of it.... Rey thinks to himself as he ducks back into his cabin to grab his bag. Well off to see what kind of mischief he could get into.

Rey walked into the town and looked around, marines everywhere that he could see. Rey looked a little dejected for a moment, he was hoping there would at least be a few folks he could perform for, though taking out marines was a very close second.. Rey's eyes turned cold, it was the marines that caused the deaths of his dad and his mom, it was the marines that would PAY for that!. Rey gripped his knives grips harder and his knuckles turned white. Well he may not be able to perform, but the least he could do was cause mayhem and damage here. That he could do.

"Well, lets get this party STARTED!" Rey called out with a grin floating back onto his face. Time to get things going, as it were; as the knives he was holding got flipped into the air and the juggling act started. Rey quickly picked out two marines starting to make for the robot and with a quick toss embedded two of the three knives into their chests. Catching the third knife Rey pulled out his dad's three sectined staff and with a quick toss and a flick of his wrist popped the two knives back into the air where he used snatch to retrieve them. catching the staff back in his right hand Rey started juggling the knives again in his left and turned to follow the robot, at least he seemd to be the most interesting, and hey there was always a trasury in a base that could be visited. Well lets get the mischief going

Last edited:
Safia
I wonder if this was really a good idea after all... Safia wondered, her feet softly bouncing against the wall of the building whose roof she was perched atop of. Sneaking into the meeting had been pretty easy and following the small party of pirates this far had been pretty trivial, but storming a prison seemed like it might be a little bit troublesome to be involved with. It was probably time to do some cost-benefit analysis.

Benefit: The blockade stood between Safia and her promise to Emine, so sooner or later she would have to find a way through or around it, working together with lots of people who wanted the same thing made a lot of sense.

Cost: Most of these people who wanted the same thing seemed loud and a little bit insane. Maybe a lot insane in the case of the funny metal man, but the others didn't seem especially level headed either. Working with these people would attract a lot of attention that Safia would be able to avoid pretty effortlessly if she was alone.

Benefit: Regardless of whether this assault succeeded, the marines would almost certainly tighten the security of the blockade in the aftermath, if Safia passed on this opportunity it could be a lot more difficult to sneak through in the future.

Cost: If Safia went along with the blockade run she'd almost certainly have to board one of the pirate ships, she'd be stuck with a group of strangers for some time. What if they were bad people? or untrustworthy?

Benefit: But if they ended up being good people maybe she could make some friends? That might be nice.

Safia sighed, stood up and then disappeared from her position with an explosive burst of speed, reappearing a little bit ahead of the group headed for the prison, attracting their attention with a gentle wave.

Safia opened her mouth to speak, then closed it again after a few seconds when no words came out. This was a bit embarrassing, speaking to a crowd was tricky, how had the old guy and those other captains gotten so good at it.

"Ummm," Safia managed eventually, after closing her eyes so that she couldn't see the people staring at her. "I can scout ahead for us, I'll find a vantage point up high and signal if there's enemies ahead or if the roads are blocked and so forth." Safia drew her two curved shortswords and angled them to reflect sunlight at the party, showing off a few basic signalling patterns. "So! Okay! I'm gonna go ahead now! Watch our for my signals bye!" With that Safia disappeared again with surprising speed. Akin was one of the techniques she had learned before escaping from Janissia, a silent fast movement technique prized by assassins. As it turned out is was for escaping embarrassing social encounters as well. Safia sighed again she crested another building and then leaped from its roof to a taller vantage point, where she could observe the terrain between the party and the cable car station that would take them up to prison. The pace Safia moved at was fast enough that the wind slowly robbed her cheeks of their blush. Emine would probably have said something really smart and cool, she'd always been good at talking. Even though Safia had always been the one looking after her and cleaning up her mistakes, moving forward without her was tough in unexpected ways.

NUSKI NUSKI (Ricky) Arne Arne (Uroko) CelticHero37 CelticHero37 (Wasabi) Chak Chak (Iliaya) D dieforonepiece (Ava)

Last edited:
Lexi May
Today was the big day. Today was the day that Lexi would take her first real steps toward being a pirate. The girl arrived to the meeting in her orange work clothes, her big wrench strapped to her back. "Excuse me." "Pardon me." She said as she pushed her way to the front so that she could see. She couldn't help feeling excited as she listened to Captain Grimm. "There are so many people!" she thought to herself, practically fan girl squealing in her mind. All of them were pirates, or at least wanted to be. "Woah! Is that a robot!" She had never seen a robot before. Seeing all the new sights and sounds kept her in a sparkly eyed daze, making it hard for what was being said around her to register in her mind.

Suddenly the group was the dispersing. Lexi quickly noticed the sea of people starting to part as people chose what crew to go with. Lexi hadn't really been paying attention to the plan being formed. All she knew was that the marines were keeping people out of the Grand Line, creating an obstacle to Lexi's plan of adventure. She spotted a girl around her age holding onto the arm of...her big brother? Lexi decided to follow after her, finding herself in a line of people behind Captain Bella Mae. Lexi looked up at the person she found herself next to, a woman holding a doctor's bag. Lexi smiled up at her, but received a serous glance in return.

Now on the Air Keeper, Lexi kept her composure until after Geraldo and Luminaria introduced themselves. Lexi's hand shot up in the air. "Me next, me next," she said excitedly before clearing her throat.

"I'm Lexi May and I'm a shipwright. An old pirate known as "Shipshape" Castro taught me everything I know. He even gave me this hat before I left home." Lexi crossed her arms. "So don't mess with it, it's special."

Lynn Aquari
Why was she doing this. There were so many people. Lynn stood near the back of the group, off to the side so that she could still see. Trying to pass herself off as human, the mermaid wore a white buttoned up shirt, a black skirt, solid black leggings to cover her purple scales, and black boots to cover her yellow fin feet. She held her doctor's bag with her supplies and doctor coat neatly placed inside it. She didn't trust any of the pirates and constantly shifted her gaze over the crowd as some of the other pirates talked. She wasn't a pirate, she didn't even want to be one, but she felt like this was her only choice. The marine blockade was blocking her way back to Fishman Island. Maybe if she was lucky she could track down a marine, but in her mind there was no guarantee that she'd get home safely instead of winding up in a cage. She wanted to get home. Soon. This was her only way.

Out of the pirates that had talked at the meeting, Bella Mae seemed the most sensible (other than bringing a child to this shindig). Lynn followed the captain to her ship and maintained a neutral frown on her face. After Lexi had finished, Lynn began to introduce herself. "My name is Lynn Aquari. I'm a doctor from the Seabody Archipelago in the Grand Line. I'm not a pirate, I was actually kidnapped by pirates too weak for that world," Lynn replied dryly, still maintaining a serious look. " I just want to go home. If you'll still have me, I'll gladly treat your crew free of charge. Just be aware I plan on leaving once this ship docks back home."

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Chak Chak QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel NUSKI NUSKI

DOKUSHIRA KREIGS | WHITE ROSE PIRATE

This was so exciting!

For Dokushira, this was the first time he had been a part of something like this. Sure, he had originally sent out to be a pirate and explore the world but he never expected to be fighting against marines so soon. After this, he would finally be able to go to the Grand Line and call himself a real pirate. As Captain Quincy spoke, Dokushira held on to a leather strap which was connected to the bag that held all of his belongings, though there wasn't much to carry. Most of his luggage included blank journals which he would scribble upon once he got on a ship. While the other members of the meetings spoke, Doku was lost in his own thoughts about what the Grand Line looked like. He wasn't worried at all about the blockade as there was no way the marines would be able to hold them all back if they worked together. Even if it was going to be difficult, he had to do this... he couldn't stay in Shimotsuki Village forever.

One of the pirates attending the meeting bumped into him, causing Doku to re-focus his attention to reality. He was grateful he had started to actually pay attention to what was happening as details about who was going where were finally revealed. A small laugh escaped from his mouth as he watched the robot-man walk away with someone slung over his back. As the crowd slowly started to scatter, Dokushira's head swung side to side, looking for someone he could tag along with. Unfortunately, he knew no one here and wasn't familiar with the island they were on so he had no idea where he as headed. Even so, a large smile remained on his face as he felt an overwhelming fluttering sensation in his stomach. This was it, the opportunity he had been waiting his whole life for. If only Juno could see me now! Attempting to destroy a marine blockade! Dokushira thought to himself as he repetitively pumped his arms into the air, attracting some odd looks from the pirates who were leaving to their assigned crews. His enthusiastic air-pumps came to a quick stop as his eyes latched on to a brown-haired girl wearing orange clothing. His head slowly turned side to side, then behind him as if someone was watching him. Seeing that the people around him couldn't care less about his odd behavior, he slowly marched behind the girl, following her without the slightest idea of where she was headed. Looking closer, he could tell that were several people walking in the same direction as her including one of the pirates who spoke up at the meeting.

Eventually, Dokushira had reached what seemed to be the group's destination: a pirate ship. Assuming the people following Bella Mae were as lost as he was, Dokushira skipped onto the ship with confidence so the people around him wouldn't notice that he had no idea what was going on. Before he could speak up, the women who he had assumed was Bella Mae had introduced herself, the ship, and the child that accompanied her which she revealed to ber child. He was never too good with children as they always thought his permanent smile was creepy but he was already on the ship.

As the other people on the ship with him began introducing themselves, Dokushira's smile widened. He was on a pirate ship... with real pirates! Before anyone could cut in before him, Dokushira raised his arms in excitement and stepped forward.

"I am Dokushira Kreigs!" he started, his arms lowering to the side. "You may call me Doku and I am very excited to be working with all of you!" Doku's eyes suddenly widened as he simultaneously removed both of his katana's from their sheaths and slammed them into the wood he was standing on. There was an unnatural sense of enthusiasm surrounding him, but he couldn't hold his feelings in anymore. "I consider myself a pretty good fighter," he continued, grabbing the hilts of his swords and using them to swing himself back and forth. "I can fight so no need to worry but my true talent lies with this!" he said, pulling out one of the blank journals he held before. "I write stories but they've all been fiction. I want to write something real and I'll start with this! The day the pirates on The Air Keeper, led by Miss Bella Mae broke through the blockade" the ashen-haired man ended, his voice lowering and his swinging coming to a low stop.

He pulled the swords out of the wood and carefully placed them back into their sheaths, holding the brown blank journal above his head.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Chak Chak QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Nereus and Frank
Nereus had just finished reorganizing his toolkit, everything put nicely in its proper place.

"God, you're so boring. What's the point of all this organizing if it's just going to get messy again???".

"I work better if i'm organized. I wouldn't expect you to understand."

Nereus loved his fluffy friend, but dear god he could be annoying sometimes. He had insisted that the pair follow the tall robot named Walter, telling Nereus that the more... interesting minds would gravitate towards the charismatic circus performer. Frank did know how to make an argument, Nereus had never psychoanalyzed a robot before. On top of that, maybe here Nereus's companion would seem more normal. A commotion outside drew Nereus to the deck of the ship, where he noticed Walter confronting some Marines who were inspecting the ship.

"This cannot be good. We aren't even supposed to be fighting until we get to the Marine base." Nereus ignored the shy mechanic who was staring at him talking to Frank. "I don't expect him to understand" he thought to himself.

"Maybe you'll at least get some study material out of th-."

Frank's thought was cut off by the sickening crunch of Walter crushing the Marine's skull into the pavement.

"DON'T RUIN THE BRAINS" Nereus shouted, jumping over the rail of the ship onto the dock to (hopefully) save his specimen. Not many Marine brains were in his collection, and he had hoped to add more.

"Wow I kind of envy this robot's enthusiasm. He doesn't do anything halfway."

"Who's side are you on??? The frontal lobe is completely INSIDE the occipital lobe! I can't even use this!"

"Oh stop whining you big crybaby. You'll get more if you get your ass in gear and find some specimens."

Frank had a point. Nereus dumped the unfortunate soul into the water and climbed back up onto the ship to grab a few things. From his medical bag he grabbed some ice bags and formaldehyde for storage, a few syringes and scalpels, and a folding hacksaw for his creative removal techniques. He finally made sure to double check the straps on his backpack to make sure Frank was completely secure. Nereus then grabbed his rifle and rushed outside, only to be greeted with absolute chaos. Walter was shooting fire everywhere like a maniac, and several squads of marines were trying both to subdue the insane robot and to approach the ship and cut off his escape.

"SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT" Nereus began firing his rifle into the fray, trying (and failing) to both defend himself and remain unnoticed.

"You'd be less noticeable if you weren't screaming like an idiot"

"This is REALLY not the time!! We are most definitely going to die!"

"Oh shut the hell up and follow the robot. The marines are completely incapable of dealing with him right now."

"Follow the crazy, fire-spewing robot who's currently being shot at from all sides, GREAT plan"

More marines were closing in from other parts of the dock, and Nereus was very quickly becoming more noticed as he shot down a few more marines.

"Christ's sake would you just trust me? I got us off that island, didn't I?"

"You really aren't going to let that go, are you? FINE, crazy robot it is."

Walter continued forging his way towards the marine base, with Nereus and Frank following. Nereus was doing his very best to stay out of the crossfire, hoping that no marine of any importance would notice a regular guy while being distracted by a giant fire robot.

jayjay-banner-jpg.385968

For Jayjay the choice was rather easy. He really liked the robots bubbly demeanor. It clearly spoke his language and he hoped it did not have a sense of smell. Also, he had a slight suspicion that the people that hung around him needed medical attention on a regular basis. During the meeting he did not dare speak to it, afraid that the people around it would discover his nature and exclude him from the mission, or worse. Getting through the barricade was more important. Jelly and Kate were behind it and Jayjay was dead set on finding them. Making friends along the way would just be a nice side product. He kept his nature hidden, standing in the back of the room with his skin swathed in bandages. Thing had to wait outside.

When he got back and enthusiastically told Thing about his plans to join the robot, Thing had protested. Something with their last show that had gone up in flames, which had led them to this rescue mission in the first place. Not to mention the kind Zambini who had turned out to be evil, to everyone’s surprise. However, Jayjay still had a good feeling about Walter, a malfunctioning 8-feet-tall robot who liked glitter canons. How bad could it be? Their discussion went nowhere, so Jayjay proposed a game of rock, paper, scissors to settle their differences.

Jayjay had won, so now he was running behind the robot and the fishman, sword in his left hand and Thing sulking on his shoulder. Fighting was not his thing, but he had to at least look the part. He felt a bullet penetrate his chest. How annoying! He hoped the various spores growing in his lungs would withstand the heat. Another bullet grazed his calf. Were they even aiming?! More bullets found their way into his belly. Jayjay stopped in his tracks in front of four marines with guns.

“Boys?! Those bandages were new! I am not a meat shield!” The marines legs were shaking, too scared to say a word. Thing shrugged. “Okay, maybe I am a bit of a meat shield, but it’s still rude to shoot at a corpse.”

“Aaaaaaaah!” One of the marines screamed. “Mummy!”

Jayjay sighed. His cover was blown already, so he might as well make full use of it. He reached up to his faces with his hook and grabbed the bandages. “I don’t think I have ever been called someones mommy before. Your real mom most look lovely.” He moved the hook down revealing his monstrous grin. “I actually prefer the term undead, or zombie if you must.” The marines still didn’t respond. A wet spot was spreading over one of their trousers. Jayjay waited a small moment to build up the suspense.

“BOO!” struggling to keep their feet underneath them the marines ran as fast as they could.

“Jayhayhayahay!” Jayjay laughed as he tried to catch up with the others. Maybe this was going to be fun after all.

Last edited:

Can't see me
giphy.gif

11766308.gif

7eaf2210e35c812136f8dc64d0644539.png

Their boat had been stationary for awhile now; the sound of Oliver warning Walter about the marines had garnered the interest of several of the other passengers on board; an air of excitement growing steadily as a few of them listened intently to what was going on outside and in that sense Levi was in the minority; unfazed by the building suspense and not bothered by what was immediately happening just outside the door. His attention was drawn instead towards the item in his hands, a fiendish looking mask.

Both hands gripped the mask tightly as he stared down into its eye sockets, the darkness beneath the sinister smile of the metallic face cover beckoning him ever closer, tempting him to embrace the sense of power and confidence that seemed to rise to the occasion whenever it was worn. Yet the price for attaining that power and confidence was often paid for at the expense of those around him. Bad things tended to occur whenever he wore the mask, almost as if the inherent limiters that governed his sense of morality seemingly became non existent, the young man fully embodying that second persona residing within the mask. Yet, despite the darkness of this ethereal entity, Levi was never afraid to put it on, he was never afraid to let go of the reigns of control.. after all it was this darkness that had given him the power to go on.. to survive despite all that had happened.

This of course was a stark contrast to the mute who had remained inconspicuous throughout the whole preparation of their plan. An individual so inclined to remain innocuous that you could not be blamed for questioning his current presence on a pirate vessel on course towards attacking a marine base. You'd have to be bat shit crazy to even consider attacking a base full of marines more so if you were given the choice of pirate captain to follow.As considering the options on the table, it was clear that following this mechanical contraption of a Captain seemed to be the most absurd of the options available. Yet here he currently found himself; a willing participant of the Marine base strike force and if everything were to go smoothly and as planned, he'd find himself entering the grand line soon enough, perhaps with a few more mechanical components courtesy of Captain Walter.

The room he was in had quickly begun to grow more spacious as more of the passengers left for the action; weapons of all kinds clasped upon their hands as they exited the room and entered the fray outside, a few roars and whistles as they reacted to Walter's theatrics could be heard until the sounds themselves began to diminish and Levi found himself alone.

It was time.

Taking that final breath before releasing the reigns that held him back, Levi slowly placed the mask upon his scarred face, the cold darkness engulfing him completely as the face plate hid that human part of him from view. Almost instantaneously, a smirk appeared across his hidden face, as if a key had been slid into the lock and opened the door for this 'other Levi' to appear. The quiet recluse that hadn't whispered a single word was no longer in the drivers seat, now a passenger to the inevitable chaos and bloodshed that the other side of his inner coin would purchase. Right hand dashing outwards, the young man grasped for his large weapon, slowly securing it upon his back much like a two handed sword would have been held, his left hand tapping away at his waist as he felt for his three barrel revolver that he kept holstered there. His tail silently swishing from side to side; the use of this mechanical addition to his body on the right path towards becoming second nature for him.

Geared up and ready, the masked figure stepped out from the confines of the ship; his hand raised upwards as he blocked out the sudden embrace of the sunlight upon him. The sounds of fighting as the others got to work was akin to a melodic chorus that resonated with him and had stolen his full attention away from the deck of the ship and towards the starboard side. "Just like before...so... familiar" croaked Levi as his gaze was drawn towards the sound of gunfire; then beyond that to see the Robo-Captain running off towards the island with his companion upon his shoulders and a string of pursuers right behind them; a fishman, a man wrapped in bandages, the doctor and the knife juggler.

Levi however was in no rush to chase after them, his attention drawn towards the pile of bodies that had been left in their wake as they made their rush towards the base. The sight of which reminded him of his past. Walking calmly down the gangway onto the docks below, Levi slowly took note of all the marines still alive; the small movements they made as they tried to grasp what had just happened and pull themselves together were the last mistakes they would be making today. "So... familiar... " he muttered once more, slowly bending down to retrieve a discarded Marine blade; a katana of no name and poor origin; yet a blade still worthy of what was to come next.

"I suppose.. I'll clean.. their mess.." he croaked once more, embedding the blade into the spine of the closest marine; ceasing the mans squirming almost instantly as he twisted it ever so slowly; a loud blood curdling scream escaping the mans mouth before welcoming the silence of death. "Just like before... I'll send them on... Please the crowd.." he muttered to himself over and over as he made his way to each marine presently plastered on the docks yet still alive. Between the orchestras of pleas for mercy and screams of anguish, the masked man had repeated the vile act several more times as he slowly made his way onto the island all the while muttering to himself, "Doing my job... Cleaning the mess... Just like before..."

fackel33231.gif
Can't see me

Syrin Insinu and Stacy Beauregard
If Syrin was going to be honest with himself, this wasn’t how he was expecting his day to go. These past few months have been pretty swell, or as swell as it could get for someone like him. While he would never admit it aloud, Stacy coming along when she did was a veritable godsend, something only further solidified the more time they spent together. It would be safe to say he was protective of her, something he didn’t quite understand, what with his whole outlook on the world. Nevertheless, it is what it is, so when she told him of this meeting to get past the marine blockade and how she wanted to go, well, why not? He needed to get into the Grand Line eventually, and any chance to make the marines suffer was great in his book.

That line of thought lasted up until a giant robot man made his way onto the scene. Syrin honestly and truly had no words for that. It was just… Walter. Still, there was the possibility that they wouldn’t be dealing with the bucket of bolts and his nervous, and extremely skittish, sidekick/apparent engineer. That possibility was promptly shot out the water when the man who called the meeting walked up to Stacy, and spoke as if they had some connection, which they did through her uncle. Being told that he’d be keeping an eye on a crazy robot ringmaster just made Syrin sigh. At the time he thought it couldn’t be too bad.

Then the robot crushed a man’s skull underneath his foot as if it was a child stomping on an ant. Syrin wasn’t going to lie, that put him ever so slightly on edge. Still, he was here to do a job, and the mood was already set thanks to ol’ Rusty and his merry band of misfits. So, here Syrin stood, watching as the Robo and Friends ran at a town filled with marines as an alarm blared incessantly in his ears. Turning to Stacy, he just raised an eyebrow and made a wide sweeping gesture as if to ask ‘Were you expecting this?’ and ‘What now?’

At Syrin’s nonverbal question, the only reaction Stacy could honestly offer was a shrug of her shoulders. Technically, what Walter was doing did qualify as a distraction of some kind or another although there were many less violent ways to approach the situation. She really didn’t think there was much point in attempting to propose those options to the crazy robot. “I guess we just… uhm...follow along?” There was absolutely no certainty in her voice, but she did pull out her pistols and prepare herself regardless of that.

Before actually following them, though, Stacy cast a single sidelong glance at the ship. ‘Do we really want to leave the ship unguarded right now?’ She was slightly concerned that they’d get themselves stuck.

Sighing again, Syrin rolled his shoulders and let the chain wrapped around his arm unwind as he tugged the pistol hidden on his person out into his free hand. ”Well, you were asked to make sure Scrappy followed through with the plan…” As he said this, Syrin gave a longing glance to the ship. Oh how he wanted to just sail away and not bother with this, but curse it all he’s committed. Yet another sigh escaped the dour man. ”Well whatever. Let’s just deal with this nonsense and get out of here. Push comes to shove, we can just steal a marine ship and bail.”

His piece said, Syrin rolled his shoulders one last time, and adjusted his scarf to be firmly in place. As he began to make the motions to move forward, he paused, and after a second, glanced back at Stacy. ”Do me a favor… Let get as much attention as I can, yeah? I’d rather you not have any higher of a bounty.”

“Fuck that!” Stacy remarked. “I’ll shoot what I need to shoot and that’s the end of that. Come on now. Let’s get moving before both our asses fall behind.”

Syrin tried to resist the urge to roll his eyes, he really did. Luckily, he managed to succeed, at least this time. ”Sure, sure. Let’s all get directly associated to an eccentric murderbot, why not? That won’t cause any trouble down the line.” Anyone watching could tell from the dead look in Syrin’s eyes that he was most certainly not enthused. Still, he listened to Stacy and followed along the path of destruction, carnage, and cackling bots, being more than willing to toss his own brand of savage murder to the straggling marines along the trail of death.

Running along with them, Stacy had her pistols out and shot at any marine who got in her way… if they weren’t already handled by the crazy robot or by Syrin or by whoever else decided it was their turn to kill a marine along the way.

I41g59f.jpg
Alicia Harte

Alicia stumbled her way back towards the mess hall looking as if she was about to burst out in tears holding onto the bucket mostly empty having been spilled moments ago particularly one being on her boss's feet. She was shakey as the bucket seemed to rattle a little bit as she looked as if she was about to break into pieces as she stumbled over to the sink to put the bucket in, turning the faucet on to let the luke warm water fill it back up. The white haired made looked meekly down at the bucket as the eyes of the head cook seemed to take notice of the girl looking at her with both worry and disappointment. It was mostly due to her Alicia even managed to keep the job after she managed to blunder so often letting her nerves get the best of her in a setting it was clear Alicia was not use to.

"What are you crying about this time girl? I told ya' to stop being a little cry baby and toughen up! Your just going to get yourself into more trouble acting like that." She spoke quite firm in her tone though not really injecting much as far as anger towards her. She was fortunately much more lenient of a boss though she wasn't going to just simply dismiss it either. It was a bit of tough love perhaps combined with the need for the staff to do their job, after all one weak cog in the wheel meant it hurt the entire staff.

"S..s..s..s..sorry! I'm... I'm such a failure... good for nothing... worthless. I'll... I'll t... try and stop! S..sorry! Please forgive me!" She spoke her eyes watering again as if to start crying despite just being told to not do so. She took her hand to wipe off her eyes bowing her head lightly as an apology. She heard the sound of water running over as the bucket was over filled gasping out as she rushed back quickly turnign the faucet off fumbling to poor out the bucket a bit trying to not splash water all over the place.

"I told you to quit it and stop apologizing so much! Just calm yourself down and hurry up and finish up cleaning. I'm going to need you in here in a bit to help cook. Gotta work with a bunch of scraps for the prisoners this time off the meat from the other day so I'll need your help to clean off the meat to give them a little protein in their meal at least while I work on making something nice for the staff. Just calm yourself down else we won't have a choice but to toss yah out with the riff raff. The only place your going to get employed after getting kicked out from here would be with some pirate scum ya know."

"S...s.s..sorry... I mean s...sorry for apologizing.... I mean s... sorr....I... I'll do it and I'll be back again soon ma'am. S..sor... I mean... I'll be back soon!" She spoke fumbling quite heavily as 'not apologizing was clearly an extremely difficult thing for the white haired maid to do. She brushed herself off a bit helping to clean up her maid outfit a bit before she took the heavy full bucket lifting it as if it was nothing to her with one hand. She scurried off down the hall back to where all her cleaning supplies were to get back to washing up the hallways. It was always rather scary having to clean up near the prisoners, cleaning up the area. The sound of a loud metal clash echoing through the halls didn't help her as it caused her to jump a bit, causing a loud thump as she fell onto back onto her rear. The prison itself sounded as if it was falling apart, it was much worst then normal though she didn't really think all that much about it... maybe it was all apart of that weird tour he was giving that girl before? She continued cleaning in a rush trying to make it up for being such a massive screw up.

Scarlet Johanna Indigrid and Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivruski IV
The young former captain hadn’t been quite so sure about going to the meeting that would bring a whole bunch of pirates together. The plan, apparently, was to attack the blockade in the Grand Line. She really wasn’t sure she was ready to go back to that place so soon after… well, after everything that had happened. However, they didn’t really have anywhere else to go. The little rowboat they had wouldn’t get them very far for very long and they needed something to sustain them. Scarlet couldn’t let Ed perish too, just because she was too afraid of the Grand Line. So they’d gone to the meeting, sat in the back, and tried to avoid the chaos where they could. For a while, too, she seriously thought about turning around and leaving. The whole plan… well… it sounded dangerous. “Gotta move forward, Scarlet,” she whispered to herself, trying to inspire some confidence in her soul. Unfortunately, there wasn’t much there.

As the meeting ended and people began dispersing, Scarlet stood up. “What do you think, Ed?” she asked her companion. She didn’t trust herself enough to make decisions without help.

Ed was reclined with a disinterested postur. The brim of her hat and the mask she wore obscured her face as she sat and sketched some complicated design onto her sketchpad. Scarlet had dragged her along to this meeting and, while Ed hadn’t said she didn’t want to go, she just wasn’t feeling it. She’d had enough of the pirate life and now she just wanted to disappear and be left alone. However, for some reason, she couldn’t bring herself to leave Scarlet’s side, either.

When Scarlet asked for her opinion, Ed let out an annoyed sigh, and looked up slightly. Had she been younger, she probably would have sprang after the crazy robot, but now, after all that had happened, the recklessness had somewhat lost its appeal. Looking over at the other group, she thought the leader seemed more sensible. With a shrug, she spoke through the mask over her mouth, “I don’t know, she seems nice. I’ll go wherever, though.”

Ed mentioned a ‘she’ and Scarlet’s eyes followed her companion’s to see that it was the White Rose lady who seemed to appeal to them the most. She had to admit she was glad Ed didn’t choose to follow the robot. He just… something about him made Scarlet very uncomfortable. He had too much energy. Kinda like she’d used to be herself… and Scarlet knew all that energy she’d had had cost her the lives of her crewmates. It wasn’t a state she wanted to return to. “Roses and ribbons…” she muttered softly. Something about it sounded pretty. That had to be a good sign. “Alright. I guess that’s where we’re heading, then.”

Leading Ed along, Scarlet found herself taking a step onto Air Keeper behind the rest of those who had chosen to follow Miss Bella Mae Lynns. And already, it seemed that people were introducing themselves. She wasn’t entirely sure how she felt about that. Scarlet had just been planning on tagging along for this little adventure. She wasn’t sure if that meant she’d stay with them after or not. Introductions seemed to make things… well, more permanent. However, eventually eyes fell to Scarlet and Ed.

“I’m Cap… no… wait. I’m Scarlet. Just Scarlet. And… uhm… well, I’m not sure how much use I’ll be, but I can clean and stuff. A ship needs that.”

Old habits die hard. Ed positioned herself behind Scarlet and continued drawing, pretending to be super focused on it and hoping others would just move on and forget about her. She felt Scarlet was short changing herself, but since she didn’t want to say anything, there wasn’t much she could do at the moment. That was until a strange chattering sound resounded from her coat. Ed’s head snapped away from her sketchbook and she mumbled angrily into her coat, “No, shut up Ein. Don’t, ow! Claws! Watch it.” When she looked up, she noticed everyone looking at her and blushed a bit. Thankfully her mask mostly hid that fact as she just looked back to her sketchbook. She really didn’t want to talk to people.

Collab with: Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Chak Chak (Messenger Eight & Rei) QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel (Luminaria & Geraldo) shadowdude505 shadowdude505 (Lexi & Lynn) NUSKI NUSKI (Dokushira)

Erik Pasteur- A Man of Culture

Erik was lost in thought. It hadn't been long since he deserted the Marines and freed the pirates on his former ship. He didn't know from where to start, but he wanted a change. He wanted to bring a change. To the Marines. To the World Government. To society in general. He wanted a revolution. And yet he let himself get caught before reaching beyond the Grand Line. He was initially sulking, he felt pathetic, but it was too early to give up, so he was trying to think of a solution. Yet his options were limited. With Seastone cuffs around his arms and legs, Erik felt incredibly powerless, as if all of the strength in his body was being rapidly sapped away. But there must have been a way. An opportunity for him to... Someone ripped apart the bars from his cell.

That was way too easy, oi.

Erik got up and slowly walked out of the cell, to take a better look at his saviour. The moment he laid his eyes upon them he got awestruck. Such...such perfection. Everything from her trapezius to her extensor digitorum longus, was so well-built. All of her muscle groups where evenly trained, and she expressed great power with each movement. He had never witnessed such incredible muscle mass at work. Such health. Such vigor!

Oh my, look at those deltoids, those biceps, those perfectly defined rectus abdominis and external obliques, the adductors, quadriceps, calves, hamstrings... Not to mention that gluteus maximus. She is... she's so...

"Beautiful." he said, with sparkling eyes, as he watched Adel do her thing. He was a bit dizzy because of the Seastone though. And that snapped him back to reality. He could admire the mighty woman's perfection later. He needed to get the keys to his cuffs. If the woman was doing all of this without interruption then the marine on guard must have been knocked out. This was his chance. Take the keys while he was knocked out.

Felix Felix simj26 simj26 Rurnur Rurnur AllHailDago AllHailDago Hanarei Hanarei

Last edited:
Jericho
Sat cross-legged upon the jail cell floor was a peculiar creature, one that might be mistaken for something humanoid, if it were not for the massive sets of claws sprouting from the beast's long arms. It's lengthy mop of forest-green hair hung over it's face, obscuring it's features, giving the appearance of some sort of old tree covered in moss. One may even question whether the thing was alive or not, if it weren't for the rather loud chorus of snoring, echoing about the chamber. "Mmm.." It mumbled between breaths, it's mouth mimicking the act of chewing, for far away from the confines of the prison, in it's dreams: the sloth was hanging peacefully from a tree, munching on it's most favourite leaves. That was, until his concentration was broken, with the metallic clang of metal against metal. With that, his eyelids slowly lifted, blinking rapidly in adjustment to the light. "Ah.." He exclaimed softly, before attempting to stretch his arms, failing as per his usual morning routine of neglecting to remember his state of incarceration. Glaring at the seastone cuffs around his legs, Jericho let out a heavy sigh and pushed himself off the ground. Upright, his appearance was quite different, far taller and lankier than what one might assume from seeing him folded up like that, with his fur puffed up for warmth. Twisting his neck around unnaturally, he cracked it twice and ran his claws through his hair, pushing the green strands over his forehead and out of his eyes, before making his way out of the cell.

Stepping over the remains of the cell door, Jericho pondered the strength of the sort of creature who'd be capable of such a feat. Though, he wouldn't have to ponder for much longer, as his attention was immediately caught by the hulking human woman who he could only assume was the perpetrator. "Appreciate it." He offered to the large woman, tilting his head in curiosity as she put her raw strength on display. Could this be one of the pirates from the Grand Line? He thought to himself, before wandering up to the prisoner from next door, eyeing his seastone cuffs. Grinning, Jericho slung one of his arms over Erik's shoulder in a "friendly" gesture, before sparking up a conversation. "That's better, huh?" He chuckled, before adding "Now, you wouldn't know how to get these.. things.. off, would ya?" He questioned the man while shaking his cuffs in annoyance, with Jericho's large green eyes boring into his all the while. It was clear they were both in the same situation, although, Jericho knew all too well that he'd quickly fall behind if he was forced to figure things out by himself.

simj26 simj26 (Adelheid) Azure Sky Azure Sky (Erik)
AllHailDago AllHailDago Hanarei Hanarei Felix Felix

Adelheid Read, Holly Holiday, Definitely-Not-DrakeCollab with AllHailDago AllHailDago
Slumped against a wall she had been using for squats, Holly sluggishly awoke to chaos and confusion. A massive slamming noise from the cell next door managed to rouse her slightly, and it was followed by her own cell opening. No one had opened her cell in weeks, instead simply sliding food through the slot in the door. So it came as a surprise when a guard she didn't recognize slowly crept forward, muttering about not attacking her. Holly snorted out a breathy chuckle and simply extended her cuffed hands. Seems rumors of her had continued to spread unnecessarily, but in this case she'd take the benefits and stay quiet. A sound if tearing metal and a heavy impact snapped her more fully out if her sleepy state.

She shook her head and swiped at her eyes until she could see clearly. What in the world was going on? By the time she had cleared her vision and stretched properly she found the guard had scurried on out. Holly cautiously approached the open cell door, wary of the sounds of keys jingling in the hall and varying shouts of joy, fear, and other feelings. Was… was this her chance? Was there a riot?! She stretched and flexed as she prepared for necessary violence. She'd been out of practice for a couple years now, but she'd made to sure to workout as much as possible so raw strength should suffice to help make up the difference. She did lament her lack of pistols though… Ready as she could be she exited the cell and looked down the length of the hall.

A tall woman emerged from one of the cells, having thoroughly destroyed the foundation around it. She swept off the bits of debris still clinging on to her knuckles and swept her hair behind her shoulders. She glanced quizzically at the guard who had only just recently released Holly, and was now only creeping out of the next cell, having released its occupant, and was now going about unlocking the seastone cuffs of one of the prisoners. She shook her head, as if to convince herself of something else, then opened her mouth to speak to the rest of the criminals gathered here in this cramped corner of the prison. “You guys are pretty strong, aren't you? Otherwise, you wouldn't be put this deep down.” She cleared her throat and rubbed the back of her neck, clearly uncomfortable with addressing this many people. “What I’m sayin’ is that it’s a literal uphill climb to freedom from here. I ain't trying to appeal to your better selves, but there’s probably a lot more you want to do outside than you could in these cells, right? Let’s work together- crush our way up to the top, and out of this place.”

Holly was taken aback at the sheer musculature of the woman she found herself sharing the hall with. Not someone she'd want to fight unarmed even being stronger than she's ever been raw power wise. However she got a good vibe from her, and the speech reinforced that. Holly nodded firmly to the woman, simply saying, “I'm with you.” Holly eyed the form of the retreating guard curiously. Something about them seemed…. familiar. She couldn't place it, so instead she shrugged it off as effects of being suddenly roused and prepping for violence for the first time since she was put in the maximum security wing. She made firm, but non-aggressive, eye contact with the larger woman and asked, “So what's the plan?”

“Uh.” The taller woman scratched her head, clearly not having thought that far ahead. “We clear our way to the top the only way we know how?”

“T-there’s an armory here, w-where we keep some weapons and a repository for the prisoners’ belongings. Y-you could try that!” The conscious guard piped up from her place in the corner.

The tall woman gave another look at the guard then shrugged. “I guess that’s where we’re headed, not that I have any idea where it actually is. But let’s mark that on our objective list.”

Holly nodded, and turned to the oddly familiar guard. “How close is the armory? I want you to lead us there as fast as you can.” She clenched one fist, cracking all the knuckles on the hand to make a point. She wanted her guns, and arming the other inmates would drastically improve chances of escape. Perhaps there would be more cells along the way. Gods, this guard was really familiar somehow. She had to figure out what was up with that along the way or it'd bother her for days. “Up. Let's go.”

The guard gave a panicked squeak at the command, and darted out of the hallway. The larger woman shrugged and turned to the rest of the prisoners with her. “It’s gonna be confusing to work together without names. Mine’s…” she paused, then continued, “Adel. Shall we?” She indicated the way the guard had run off to.

Holly eyed the retreating guard warily before returning her eyes to the woman she had to thank for freeing her she supposed.”Adel? Alright. Name's Holly. Nice meeting ya, let's go!” She dashed after the guard, intent on making sure they led the group to the armory rather than abandoning them to get back up. She wasn't about to lose this shot at freedom already. She had to get that fruit back from Francesca.

Rurnur Rurnur Azure Sky Azure Sky Hanarei Hanarei Felix Felix

Erik Pasteur- A Troubled Man
Indeed, all he needed to do was search the guard that fainted for the keys. It was simple. But suddenly he felt heavy. "That's better, huh?" The person asked. What was? Did they feel lighter? Well of course they did, at the expenses of Erik. Taking a better look at Jericho, Erik only just then realised that he was a talking sloth. With a funky hairstyle! Wait, the sloth was talking? A Devil Fruit user? No, they had seastone cuffs that would revert them to their original shape. Could it be one of those fabled Minks he heard about before? He always thought his superiors were making fun of him when they talked about it.

"Now, you wouldn't know how to get these.. things.. off, would ya?"

So, he wanted Erik to sort it out? How lazy. They truly were a sloth, but Erik had no energy to argue. "If we just search the passed out guard over there we may find the keys to..." The mysterious woman in marine attire just came to them and unlocked the cuffs.

Again, that was way too easy, oi. Not that I complain.

Now finally free, Erik could feel his energy coming back to him. Devil Fruits abilities were indeed convenient, but their drawbacks were quite severe as well. Shifting his attention back to Adel, Erik's eyes sparkled as he gazed upon her utterly amazing physique. He was once again brought back to reality by her short speech. Work together to get out, eh? Sure why not. He was a bit taken aback when he heared about taking items from the armory. He knew there'd be guns, and other instruments of bloodshed.

"If you don't mind, I'll be the vanguard. My Devil Fruit abilities are useful against gunshots. I'll deal with the Marine gunslingers on my own." Erik spoke up. It was a way of assuring that none of the prisoners would kill any marines, and that the marines would focus their attention to him.

Felix Felix simj26 simj26 Rurnur Rurnur AllHailDago AllHailDago Hanarei Hanarei

Bounty Hunter Isadel “Isa” Moarton with Lancel and Lawrence Seasen
If anyone had asked him where he expected to be on this particular afternoon, Isadel Moarton would not have anticipated that time would find him on Maroon Summit. In fact, he was usually the kind of person who preferred to stay much further down the line and who preferred to avoid any major marine business because… well, he had his reasons. They were his own reasons and he didn’t really share them, but he did put stock into them nonetheless. However, for some reason - a reason he wasn’t quite privy too, actually - this particular bounty had to be collected on Maroon Summit. And it had been collected, too. Isadel’s pockets were flush with beli as he made his way down the path along the volcano’s edge and headed back to where he’d left his little vessel....

His little vessel, parked in the town’s port with only two crew members.

Small was the way he preferred it, after all. Fewer people to pay meant more money for him and it also meant fewer people to ask questions about his methods. And the lack of questions wasn’t so much relating to his methods of attack as it was relating to his odd amount of restraint when it came to those attacks. There was a lot that Isadel wouldn’t do, but what he would do tended to work out rather well as far as he cared. Plus, Lancel and Lawrence were used to him by now and he was used to them as well. So it all worked out in the end.

It was Lancel who greeted him when he stepped onto their small vessel, and thus, Lancel was the first he handed a small purse to. “Thanks Isa,” Lancel called out as he caught the little coin purse. “Everything went well, I take it?”

“Yes, everything did go well. Is the ship ready to set sail?” Isadel answered and inquired all at once.

“Yes it is, boss-man. Do we have a heading?” Lawrence replied as he came up from what little space there was below deck.

“East.” It was a rather vague heading, but it would get them away from the marines and it would get them further into the Grand Line… back to the area where Isadel normally convened his craft in the first place. He was the kind of person who had his reasons for everything.

“Sure thing, boss.” And the two brothers got the ship up and moving. Sailing out of the port was as normal as sailing into the port usually was for them. The two brothers managed the ship and Isadel fixed his gaze on what laid ahead of them, seeking the next bounty he would be claiming.

Of course, on this particular day, that sight came much sooner than he expected it would. “What the heck!? STOP THE SHIP!” Isadel’s eyes focused on what ensued in the docking area as soon as they’d sailed out. A single ship had landed, the marines had arrived to expect it - as was their routine on Maroon Summit - and then all hell had broken loose. Isadel knew from a single glance that there had to be someone bounty worthy on that ship. The first person his eyes fell to, though, was the robot who initiated the slaughter. ‘Definitely never seen a face like that on a poster…’ was the thought that ran through his head as his gaze drifted along, searching for anything remotely familiar to him. He spent a fair amount of time studying all the wanted posters the marines put out, after all, so he was familiar with quite a few faces.

The ship had come to a stop shortly after he’d barked the order and the Seasen brothers waited for further orders. They both could tell from the look on his face that plenty of thoughts were running through Isadel’s mind.

“Back to port!” Isadel snapped.

The two were quick to follow that order and Isadel was glad for it. They may not have been the best fighters, but the two of them knew this little ship of theirs better than anyone else ever could. It was one of the main reasons he kept them around. Before the ship even managed to reach its original position in the dock, Isadel had pulled a longer curved dagger and a pistol from a holster, readying himself for whatever he would find left on that ship. There had to be something that was worth a decent sum, if not a bounty to hunt down. Right when they came alongside the ship the robot man had come off of, Isadel jumped onto it, his feet landing as silently as likely was possible.

“What have we here?” he murmured to himself.

CelticHero37 CelticHero37 [Wasabi] NUSKI NUSKI [Ricky] JayeTheKat JayeTheKat [Ezra] Arne Arne [Uruko] (And if there is anyone else from Crimson Horns or Steam Powered Pirates who hasn’t posted yet, they can reply to this too. Sorry if I missed you in the tag.)

Geraldo Marxheimer
5b6a768308c0a673171e67417b165ccb.png
Edit
Poor ship.

That was Geraldo’s thought as he watched Kreig slam his katanas into the wooden boards. A hole in their boat even before attempting to breach the blockade would not be amusing. Fortunately there was a shipwright on board, even if she looked young. Luminaria’s age, to be exact, yet so much more useful. Even the author on board could at least fight in the upcoming battle if his claims were to be believed.

Geraldo glanced at the girl clinging to his arm. If Bella Mae did not put her to work, he would. Joining a pirate crew wasn’t just playing around. Everyone had to do their part. The sooner she realized this the better.

His gaze flickered to the brown haired woman that offered to clean the ship before whispering to his companion. “You should join her.”

Pretending not to see the dirty look Luminaria shot at him, Geraldo strolled over to the woman who had introduced herself as Lynn Aquari and held out a free hand. She was quite the lovely female—a fact that had Lumie look her up and down with concealed jealousy—but it was mainly her status as a doctor that drew Geraldo’s attention. His experience at sea lead him to understand the importance of a doctor’s role on a ship. Scurvy. Pathogens found on different islands and climates. Accidents. A pirate’s life was full of occupational hazards and few pirates were lucky enough to have a learned healer on board.

It reminded him of the doctor on his own crew. He wondered how Homura was doing—whether the guy was even still alive.

“We’ll be counting on you to take care of us, especially given the upcoming battle.” With any luck, there would be no fighting at all. If the marines were that caught off guard by the robot’s distraction, pushing through the barricade without lifting a sword shouldn’t be impossible. However, Geraldo no longer liked to bet on idealistic notions. Realistically, there would be casualties—even some men overboard—if the marines decided to open fire or climb on to the Airkeeper. Better to be safe than sorry. Besides, if they manage to engage the marines it would allow for other ships to bypass as well.

This wasn’t just about getting to the Grand Line (though that was a large reason Geraldo decided to undertake his current venture).

It was about the freedom of the seas.

Adventure, fame, glory, riches, treasure it all lay beyond the Grand Line. Who were the marines to stop a man’s dream? A pirate’s dream? Such grand visions were an all-consuming force. A wildfire of passion…that sometimes burned those around them.

“Based on what you just told us, I don’t imagine your love of pirates to be very strong. I won’t excuse those who have done you harm. However, I do hope you come to look at pirates aboard this ship with untainted eyes. Not all of us are the same.”

To take but not steal.

To touch but not destroy.

To be true Gentlemen.

Those were the principals of the Gentlemen pirates. Something he’d worked hard to instill into the kids his father kidnapped and turned into pirates. Many of them were still scoundrels—rough in words and deeds. No one was perfect. However, they all had a degree of honor to them. A sense of right and wrong that his father had never taught.

He looked to the rest of the crew, though it was Bella Mae his gaze finally landed on. “If I may make a suggestion, those that aren't confident in their fighting skills should remain below deck with the doctor and focus on assisting her during the attack.”

There were more women on the ship than he’d thought. Counting Luminaria, Scarlet, Lexie, Airy, and Masked Artist (Ed), there were already 5 he assumed wouldn’t be much use in battle—granted emergency ship repair might become a necessity depending on how many cannons were fired at them.

As for the doctor, well, it was simply common sense. Whether she could fight or not (Homura was a monster at hand to hand combat), losing the crew’s only healer in battle would be a crippling blow. Who knew how many casualties would arise from the assault on a marine blockade?

It was better to be safe than sorry.

“Awww, but I want to be with you.”

Fortunately, Luminaria quieted upon seeing his set jaw. If Luminaria got killed because she got involved in a pirate's fight (more specifically his), Geraldo would never be able look the mayor of Moonshore Isle in the eye again.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , Lady Warlock Lady Warlock , Chak Chak , NUSKI NUSKI , CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Last edited:
Lynn Aquari

Lynn maintained a serious expression as she politely listened to everyone introduce themselves. Well mostly everyone. The masked woman didn't give hers, but that didn't bother Lynn any. As a mermaid she knew of the power of secrets. She didn't want to pry into anyone's background, otherwise she might have to give out more half-truths about herself.

"Yes, of course," Lynn replied flatly as she shook Geraldo’s hand with a rigid politeness. "Though modern medicine can only do so much. Try to be prepared for what's to come."

Lynn released Geraldo's hand and dropped her own hand to her side. "I'm quite aware of that. I actually have no ill will toward piracy as a profession. I've willingly helped pirates before and most have been grateful after being resuscitated. I was just merely stating that, unlike most of you, I'm not here because I want to be a pirate. Right now I just trust pirates more than the Marines. They're a bit too gung-ho right now. If I explained my situation to them, they'd probably assume I was a pirate trying to pose as a civilian. I may be wrong, but I didn't want to take that chance."

Lexi May

"So cool!" Lexi thought, all stary eyed after Doku pulled out his swords and started to show off a little. It didn't really occur to her that she'd have to patch up the spot he stabbed later.

Lexi looked around at the rest of the crew. There wasn't anything too outlandish, like the Fishmen and merfolk that her adopted father, Castro, told her about, but the fully human crew did seem to be full of interesting characters. There was the writer who could fight, a pirate-y looking man, a girl around her age, and a masked artist that seemed to have some kind of pet, just to name a few.

Excited about the who piracy thing, Lexi remained stary eyed until Geraldo's suggestion anchored her back into reality. That's right. The blockade was still blocking the entrance to the Grand Line. There was supposed to be some kind of fight to change that.

"I can patch up whatever damage the Marines can dish out," Lexi said confidently. "I just might need a hand depending on how fast and how many holes there are."

"But, uh...what exactly is the plan?" she asked sheepishly. "I was so exited about finally becoming a pirate like my father that I accidentally tuned out the meeting." Lexi let out an embarrassed laugh.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Chak Chak NUSKI NUSKI CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Ezra Osher
「You asked for a distraction.」

What possessed Ezra Osher to join the crazy robot on the distraction team, who knows. Perhaps he figured that it would be the best place for his explosive expertise. At any rate, that fateful meeting lead to the demolitions expert getting aboard Captain... W-something's ship--Ezra really hadn't paid attention to the robot's name--and from there somehow wound up in the current location. The trip over he'd spent in a corner of the ship, quietly making as many explosives as he could for he had a feeling they were going to be needed in the very near future. He'd actually managed to use up the majority of the spices he had with him, so a number of the explosives had no spice to them. He wasn't sure if those would work quite as well, but it would have to do.

Upon arrival, Ezra had stuck to the back of the group and watched as the giant robot who was called their leader literally crushed a mans skull and burned another bunch of marines who couldn't take the heat. He strange man who panicked over the crushed mans head caused Ezra to question the sanity of this entire group for a mere few seconds before he decided he just didn't care. At least he now knew if he ever needed a lighter, he just needed to ask the walking flamethrower. As one by one the people piled off the ship and took off after the robot, marines falling left and right, Ezra stayed standing on the ship, holding one of his custom grenades in hand. Just watching the chaos. It didn't take long for him to realize one very important fact. "I'm gonna need about 100 more of these."

And thus, instead of immediately taking off after the robot, or heading for the prison, he turned right back around and headed to his stash below deck. He snagged a couple empty, random bags on his way and made a pit stop to the kitchen. When he left the kitchen, it was quite lacking in a number of it's previous spices. They ended up in one of Ezra's bags. Next stop for those poor spices: Explosion City.

After he'd thoroughly raided the kitchen for spices, Ezra made his way to where he'd stored the majority of the explosives he'd made on the way over that he hadn't initially taken with him. He began loading the bags as much as he could, explosives of many different shapes and caliber. It became a struggle for his weakling arms to carry all of the explosive devices he had, so he took what he could. "Where's the robot, or the fishman even, when I need them." Properly equipped now with two medium shoulder bags he personally owned slung on his body and another two sack style bags he'd found on the ship in hand, he started lugging himself back up onto deck.

By the time Ezra had loaded up and made it back onto the deck, it seemed everyone who was part of the '100% Distraction Murder Squad' had left the ship. Whoever was left didn't really draw his attention and he had a mission to get to. He didn't really even stop to look around anyway, as his feet carried him as quickly as he could move while being weighed down by every explosive he could possibly bring. It wasn't hard to follow after the robot and the others, the trail of marine bodies was tell-tale enough.

There were several points when he had to stop to set down the bags--he was not built for this man--and quickly found himself face with another problem. There were still marines going after the group, why wouldn't there be. While in motion, he'd just been completely ignoring them and hoping he didn't get shot to death or something, and it was somewhat working. Marines he was faced with didn't seem to be in the best shape, he assumed they'd gotten hurt by someone earlier but who knows. Nevertheless, they were in his way and he had places to be.

During one such a stop, he'd solved the problem rather easily. It seemed marines weren't a fan of explosives, a fact that made him highly disappointed. So while he'd been stopped and had to pick up a couple grenades that had fallen out of one of his many bags--he was slowly losing explosives to gravity along the way there was nothing he could do about that--he'd quite literally well, hired some help. "Hold this for a sec, you can stab me afterward." There was no stabbing afterward actually, only Ezra rushing away with the sound of a small explosion and the marine pair shouting about something in their eyes as a background noise. "Pepper works wonders to deter idiots."

The next few times he had to utilize one of his many tools they were increasingly not as amusing, and more destructive, as he grew more focused on just catching up to the group. There were buildings and spots of the street that were no longer entirely whole. "You know, another set of hands would be great right about now!" He'd actually shouted that in the general direction of the others following the robot at one point. There were a varying degree of explosions sounding off and adding to the commotion, as he'd taken to literally chucking an explosive in whatever direction he was having interference from. They asked for a distraction, he wondered if they were doing a good job yet.

Tags: DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo Exanis Exanis Refaulted Refaulted Comancherah Comancherah thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl Felix Felix animaltankthing animaltankthing Phayne Phayne Lady Warlock Lady Warlock (Just tagging literally all of SP because why not i guess...?)

template by astraea

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back