• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece: Journey Into the Undersea! IC

Cayden
Swears Tavern to Marine Base

So hey, Cayden, we’ve finally arrived, right here at Helmouth Island, home to the very entrance to the Undersea itself! From what I’ve observed, the place is, in all essence, pretty unimpressive. There’s not much flora or fauna to speak of that we can’t see in other locales, and no pretty vistas to check out. The soil is dead, the quarries unrewarding, and the people dead-eyed. It’s a slum. Its only significance is that it houses the only known entrance to the Undersea. After Ezelred’s gang crashed through here the last time, the Marines have since set up shop so no more scurvy dogs may pass through these here waters, yarr! I sure do pity the Marines stationed here though. They really have it bad, being stuck out here on this rock. I tried talking to some of them, but they weren’t in much of a talking mood. Must be the rations getting to them. In any case, they do serve some pretty good steak down here at the tavern, so I did us a favour and ate like three plates of it. Oh, and I did find this funny flyer stuck on the walls. Dread Captain Ichimonji! What a charming moniker for someone who might have the ticket to bring us down there, don’t you agree? In any case, something about the flyer seems fun--

That was the end of the entry. She must have fallen asleep at that point, but nonetheless, Cayden thought she had done a good job surveying the grounds. The next page had a neat map scrawled onto it, smudged slightly by the flyer that had been pressed onto the pages. Cayden shook his head. Their episodes weren’t as predictable as some of those books made it out to be. He really wished they could control when they could switch. It would be much more convenient that way. Then again, was it really an issue if they could? He mused quietly to himself as he looked at the flyer that Tzofiya had unceremoniously tugged free from some wall. Not that they were very scarce- the flyers seemed to dot every wall that he could pretty much glance at from his seat. Someone had been busy. “Dread Captain Ichimonji,” he read aloud, then scoffed. A pirate-- no. A troublemaker, most likely. Calling them a pirate was too much respect. He had never heard such a name being uttered in his life- whoever this Dread Captain was, they certainly weren’t a scourge of the seas.

Still, Tzofiya was right. This Ichimonji character was their one ticket to the Undersea. While Tzofiya was in pursuit of her own creative drive, Cayden was after something else. All the digging he had done, all the survivors he had tracked down, all the scraps of history books he had scrounged up, led him to the Undersea. Someone down there knew why Cavaliere fell, and why his people had to perish that night. His hand moved to the sword at his side, brushing against the hilt lightly. He had to find the truth. For his people. For his family. For himself, and for Tzofiya. Maybe knowing why would finally put him and Tzofiya to rest.

He scowled, and returned to the flyer. Meet at the docks, huh? At the mouth of the canal? Those were the only things that stood out to him. The rest just seemed like bluster. He turned the page over to tally his findings with the map. There was a dock, just right outside the tavern. However, further up ahead, the canal bridged the Undersea and the upper sea. Was that the mouth of the canal that the flyer was referring to? “Hmm.” He supposed that a Marine base ought to have a dock in it. Was this a Marine recruitment drive? And one that journeyed into the Undersea?

He sighed. This was confusing. His head was actually spinning just trying to think. This was too much for him. If only people just stopped talking in circles and got to the point, things wouldn’t be so complicated. He folded the flyer up, stuffed it between the pages, then snapped the book shut. He dropped the payment for Tzofiya’s meal on to the table with an extra tip and left. He supposed he ought to check out the Marine base, then.
-----

Which was, of course, pretty noisy by the time he made his way there, with the help of Tzofiya’s map. There was a group gathered right now outside of the base itself. Cayden studied them, and his eyes narrowed. These guys were...here for the same reason, weren’t they? They numbered three in total, with another one approaching them. Something didn’t sit right with him, despite the turnout. Was the bluster on the flyer just that? Big words and extravagant tones? Gods, he hoped so. He swept his hair back, tying it into a neat ponytail with a twine of black string, breathed in deep, then exhaled. Alright. Time to put on the people face. He balled his hands into fists, and marched up towards the group. Coming to a halt beside them, he, naturally, bored holes at each of them. “I assume you’re also here because of the flyers,” he said simply.

People were never his strong point. It was more Tzofiya’s style, he believed. Leave it to her to ditch him on a turning point such as this.

yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit pbtenchi pbtenchi Nuclear Magician Nuclear Magician Sir Fungus Sir Fungus

“Solid plan sunshine. Laying low sounds like a capital idea. Let’s do some more of it, shall we? Before the big scary men with clubs show up ya?.” Illyria spun on her very shiny heels, keeping an eye out for onlookers. “Dunno bout you folks, but I’d really rather not spend the next few years in prison.” She turned to the others, grinning, and winked. “I’m way too pretty to go to jail.” She wrapped a hand around the door and eased it open. “Found a decent hiding spot yet sunshine? Cause I figure mosta ya aren’t quite desperate enough to use mine just yet”

She glanced around at the others. “So, assuming where all here for the same Adventure-Flyer-Thing and this isn’t just some wild coincidence, might we take this inside? Cause we are just a touch conspicuous. And I have a sneaking suspicion things might get very adventurous very quickly if we don’t.” She nodded to the base, before sliding through the door to have a quick look around. “What do you guys do anyway? Flyer wise. Figure we should maybe know what each of us can handle if things go sideways.”

Outside the Hellmouth Docks
Although most ships did carry on loading or unloading this late at night the docks were not deserted. It was mostly drunken sailors looking for their next pot of cheap, watered down rum or prostitutes looking for their next drunken sailor, but they all melted into the shadows in the face of the column of marines marching grimly towards the docks. There was some eighty marines in all, marching in lockstep like some mechanical, many legged beast and the head of this beast was Staff Sergeant Rico Revera.

Oh sure Lieutenant Terrio was technically in charge, this fools errand of an operation had been the Lieutenant's idea. But if a band of marines is a beast then, and any marine will tell you this, the non commissioned officer is the head, they're the ones that tell all the legs when its their turn to step. The officer in command is more like the hat on top of the head, mostly just there to make the whole thing look respectable to civilised folk but of limited practical application in an actual fight.

So it was Sergeant Revera who raised a fist as the column reached the outskirts of the docks, bringing the marines to a halt. "Check your weapons then standby on high alert, awaiting further instructions" Revera ordered in a low but commanding tone. It was time to talk to the hat. Revera turned back towards the front of the formation where Terrio stood impatiently, vacilating between trying to squint into the darkness of the night ahead of them and turning back to study the marines with a critical but uninformed eye.

"Sergeant!" Snapped the lieutenant as Revera took a position next the officer. "Why have we stopped? What's going on?"

"The docks are just up ahead Sir," Revera said with the smooth, respectful tone he used to convince officers his suggestions were really their own ideas. "I thought it best to clarify our orders before proceeding,"

"What's their to clarify?" said Terrio impatiently. The thin lieutenant gestured vaguely towards the shadowy outline of the docks with a gloved hand. "Go in their and round up all the pirates,"

Revera sighed internally. "The men won't know who is and isn't a pirated," he said with outward patience. "And if we arrest everyone in their who looks like a pirate the whole docks will be empty come morning,"

"Hmmm," said Terrio, stroking his pointed chin thoughtfully. "Yes they are a disreputable bunch," The lieutenant opened his mouth to say something and then closed it again, opting for the safer option of stroking his beard. He had very clearly not thought this through and was now floundering.

"If I may sir," said the sergeant, throwing the lieutenant a conversational life preserver. "There's a particular tavern by the docks called the Swears where pirates are known to congregate,"

"Yes!" Terrio said quickly, then recovering his imperious demeanour. "Have the men surround this "Swear's Tavern and apprehend these patrons!"

"Brilliant thinking sir, it shall be done at once," said Revera, keeping his tone level.

Terrio had taken the bait. Now instead of trying arrest every misbegotten scoundrel in the Hellmouth Docks they could hit up one tavern, round up some sleepy drunks and let them sleep off their hangovers in the clink. Terrio wouldn't be able to make any piracy charges stick but they could hold them on public intoxication so the Lieutenant would have his arrests to preen his feathers over. The usual clientele at the Swear's weren't really dangerous either, just a bit rowdy and smelly but they'd be fairly easy to handle with this many men, or so Revera believed. Hopefully they'd all be back at base in time for a few hours of shut eye before breakfast.

Revera turned back to the marines, who perked up at his attention. "Move out! Follow my lead!"

Swears Tavern
Whatever drunken revelry or hushed conversations were being enjoyed inside the grimy tavern were suddenly interrupted as the wide, double doors burst open, allowing a flood of uniformed marins to stream in. As they entered the marines quickly fanned out, forming a long firing line with their rifles pointed towards the patrons and staff of the inn.

"ATTENTION SCUM!" Screeched a thin, blonde man dressed in an officer's uniform, his voice amplified and made tinny by the loudspeaker he wielded. "YOU ARE ALL BEING DETAINED AS PART OF AN ONGOING MARINE INVESTIGATION! SURRENDER ANY WEAPONS YOU HAVE AND PREPARE FOR INTERROGATION!" Yelled the marine officer through his auditory weapon, his voice piercing the ears of listeners.

"I think they'll hear you just fine without that sir," said an older, more grizzled man standing next to the officer, placing a large hand on the loud speaker to lower it gently, but firmly. Then the grizzled man turned to the bewildered patrons.

"Alright lads and ladies easy does it. We just need you to form a line and then answer some questions and give us some details. Firstly: Your name and address if you're a local, or the ship you came in on if you're not. Then, tell us if you know anything about any meetings happening tonight, or anything about this poster," Said the Sergeant, raising a hand to display a copy of the infamous poster that had been plastered all over the town.

THe grizzled man glanced around the room. "You," He said, pointing a thick finger towards one of the patrons. "You're up first, nice and slow now,"

PlusUltra PlusUltra MazaInferno MazaInferno Hanarei Hanarei EbonChevalier EbonChevalier Ace Cream Ace Cream

Outside the Marine Base
While the small gathering of applicants discussed the flyer that had brought them together and their next move the base itself loomed over them ominously. The outer perimeter of the base was mostly guard posts, now abandoned, and a chain link fence probably the meant to deter nosy children rather than attacking pirates. But beyond the initial fence was the base's true defences: a thick wall of concrete and steel topped with fortified sentry posts, searchlights and cannons, split down the middle by the canal and a massive pair of steel gates intended to regulate the flow of sea traffic to and from the Undersea. Shadowy figures could be seen moving around atop the walls in a rigid pattern, almost certainly marine patrols. However the patrols seemed sparse compared to the amount of wall they had to patrol and there were resulting gaps in their coverage. It was likely the base was currently severely undermanned.

Suddenly there was a disturbance at one of the sentry towers, as a secondary figure rose behind one of the patrolling guards and appeared to smack the back of their head with something bulky, sending the guard crumpling out of sight. The remaining figure then stepped in front of the searchlight, temporarily obstructing it with their clear cut silouhette. It was only for a few seconds, but the projected shadow over the figure made a waving gesture, beckoning towards the base before they stepped back out of sight again.

Meanwhile however another guard could be seen rounding the corner of the wall to the far left, another patrolling guard! For the moment the guard was poorly positioned but in short order they would be perfectly positioned to see anyone approaching the occupied toward from the outside. If the group planned to join the mysterious figure atop the tower they would need to make a run for it!

pbtenchi pbtenchi Nuclear Magician Nuclear Magician simj26 simj26 The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy leonhardt231 leonhardt231 Sir Fungus Sir Fungus

The Far Side of the Island
Helmouth Station's far side was almost entirely undeveloped, even by the poor standards of the rest of the island. Like the rest of the island the terrain was nearly solid rock, inlcing gently towards the ocean so that the waves were able to wash high up, leaving much of the surface wet and slippery to walk upon. The landscape was nearly deserted, except for any would be adventurers who had interpreted the mysterious flyer as leading here and one other, curious inhabitant.

The old man was easy to spot, partially due to the flat terrain, but mainly due to the fact that he was slowly pushing an old, wooden row boat towards the sea. The boat didn't seem to fare too badly for the journey as the wet, slippery rocks allowed it to glide forwards to a certain extent, but the old man was clearly not made for such physical labor and was clearly starting to struggle.

Venchi1986 Venchi1986

Last edited:
Kal Aguillard

E1F4AA64-524F-4BE2-99F1-190D116AC2E3.pngKal continued to watch as more and more of them gathered in this spot. The man’s pale eyes meeting everyone’s figures as they all came together. His nerves began to settle with each new addition; he felt better knowing that each one of them was coming to this point for the same reason. “It’s good to know that we’re all gathering here. For a moment, I was afraid I’d had the wrong idea..” He’d say nervously, a small chuckle escaping him ever so Amelia

One of the women who had joined this small gathering, Amelia, mentioned something about interviews. It caught Kal by surprise for but a moment, and he could tell it caught the larger woman, Sheri, by surprise too. He’d not mention much about it, a bit afraid about admitting the fact that he’d either skipped completely over it, or admit the fact he couldn’t read. He just laughed it off awkwardly, stammering from his nervous demeanour, “Ah- I- Uh.. yeah-“.

His attention shifted now to Francis, who arrived without a word yet. His silence made Kal uneasy, to which he’d avert his eyes from this man to another, Cayden. He was a bit curt, but Kal could understand why. They’re all a group of people who’ve never met in their entire lives, all now having to trust one another not to go and kill them in their sleep. It was a gathering of strangers all set for different goals, but they all took the same course. Though his unease was still with him, the weights holding his stomach down, he knew deep down that he had to put his faith in this group.

Then, Illyria spoke up. She spoke of the capabilities of the group, asking for their input as to what they could do. This simple question, though with no malicious intent sent a horrible pressure to his gut. He knew he had to trust these people, and that meant they had to trust him, too. He couldn’t lie to them, as it would defeat the purpose of setting up trusts. His mouth formed into different shapes as he tried to catch the right words. His fears set in. Though the flyer was meant for everyone, that didn’t mean that they couldn’t reject him to board. These people all looked so unique, and they were likely valuable assets.

Kal’s head lowered slightly, his brows tensing as he answered, clicking a rose pink cylindrical handle from his belt. “I.. I have an axe. It’s just uh.. I.. it’s-“ He began to stumble. He’d take a deep breath and look up, smiling softly. “It can extend, of course. This is just the handle. It can also separate, you know, in case anybody might need a spare weapon..” He’d trail off slightly. “And.. I’m a phytotoxicologist- er.. that’s a mouthful. To put it simply, I work with—and study—poisonous plants.” He’d turn slightly to reveal a small backpack on his back. “It’s not just the poisons per say, I work with their chemicals.. for various uses.” He’d say, not giving any further insight. He didn’t want to sound like a nerd and make it a long conversation about plants.

He wouldn’t reveal his Devil Fruit ability though, keeping it to himself. It wasn’t lying if he didn’t say anything.

It was then something caught the boy’s eye. He looked up to the towers, shadows moving around. “Hey..” He’d mumble aloud. “Is it just me, or-“ It was then a figure made itself known. The wave, the call. It had to be.. His eyes turned frantically to the approaching soldier, then back to the group. “Hey, I might be crazy, but do you guys think that might be.. the captain??” He’d shake his head slightly. “Whoever it is, that doesn’t matter now. We’ve got to hurry, someone’s coming!”

• Mood a tad on edge.
    Outfit A bladed hat adorned with pink bluebonnets and feathers, along with crystalline armour. With him, he carries an adjustable ax.
    Location Marine base,.

After a while Fuji spotted an old man with a rowboat. He really hoped that that wasn't the so-called The dread Captain Ichimonji given how much he struggled with his boat. Still he had nothing better to do and it didn't look he would have to far out enough for the sea to start messing with him, so he walked up to the shore. "Hey old man, need some help?"

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Maximilian the Drakskinned

Maximilian finished the jerky he was eating, got off his barstool and walked towards the sargent. "Alright Mariner. I'm Maximilian the Drakskinned formerly Maximilian the Bastard. I came to Helmouth on the Good Ship Nothung Captained by Snorri Boreson. As for what I know about the flyers, well I came here to inquire about joining crew and I'm certain the others in the bar are looking to join as well. He gives the Sargent a dangerous grin. "Be warned though! If you try to take we will not go without a fight!"

mCrVIWb.jpg
Mesa Fleisch
Mesa was strangely content by the conversation... even as a nice little cheers turned into a mess as it was suddenly broken apart. She blinked before laughing quite amused by it rather then showing any anger or distress. She wasn't going to clean it up, nor pay for it so it mattered not at all to her. A wide grin on her lips as she dropped the left over handle of her drink down on the ground. She heard as the woman seemed to inquire her further about it finding a sense of satisfaction filling the green haired woman with a great deal of joy. How she might deny it but it felt good to have someone talking to her that wasn't just some fool trying to hit on her only to be scared away by her rather... eccentric way of conversing. It was a delight to have someone who held interest into hearing what she might say.

Her head turned a bit surprised looking to the spry knightly fellow laughing a bit in response. Her attention shifting as she leaned forward almost as if attempting to be a bit seductive as she tilted her head to the side in part looking rather devious with the smirk she had on her lips. A small detour for the conversation but one that she wasn't able to help herself from being side tracked towards. She never was the type who could fully stay focused on one task. Sure, she could get it done in the end but it was often after going off the beaten path a few times before managing to find herself back on track and over the finish line.

"A submarine? Well... every ship might technically be considered one. It simply is a vessel that travels underwater. There is not a single ship that doesn't possess such capability... though when it comes to navigation, most only know how to go down and never to come back up again... and have a sorely lacking degree of oxygen to take advantage of. " She spoke keeping her head propped up by her folded fingers beneath her chin with her smirk only turning a bit more prominent. Such a gesture only lasted so long as a loud booming voice spoke up with rather ear shattering volume. Pleasant in a twisted way. Her eyes turning over noticing the Marines.

So much for being subtle... here they ended up coming straight to the tavern. Poor ol Mesa, trying to be smart about things and yet here she was getting too preoccupied drinking and having a bite to eat and lingering someplace the Marines ended up barging in anyways. Why must her luck be so poor? She sighed out loud as if in frustration though the lingering smirk on her face seemed to betray the fact she was annoyed. If anything it amused her. She wanted to find the captain to become part of the crew. Avoiding trouble seemed to be the best way for that to happen. Now it was clearly out of her hands, and how wonder it was. She blinked a bit more her smirk easing up a bit as she was still leaning over the table noticing the finger pointing in her direction, though it seemed the knight fellow stepped up instead to speak up

"Huh? Haha... what a rapscallion! Silly sit down and rest a bit ya drunk and let yer' captain tell the truth and nothing but the truth before you get in trouble." She commented jumping up and lifting her hands up over her head to show she was unarmed as she approached.

"Why you may call me Captain Mesa, born god knows where and raised on a hell hole and upon the seas. As far as the meeting goes, it is a simple meeting for those wishing to become part of a pirate crew on the docks. As for the posters, all I know is that it was that fine lovely fishy woman there who put them all up." She spoke as her hand lifted her finger extending pointing towards Danio Rerio who she had focused on earlier cashing in on some gambling being the chaotic person she was all so willing to sweep someone else into her fooling around. Although...

"Oh and I think it was a Marine ship? Yeah... a Marine ship might do... oh while the fish woman did put up those posters, she did sorta put them up because I might of told her to. So... bye bye!" She spoke just straight up lying as she let out a laugh, her right hand suddenly bloating up and pulsating before suddenly extending out like a whip. Mesa's lips turned into a grin laughing as she suddenly swung her arm out wide the flesh acting to catch the Marines as she worked to swipe them all at once right off their feet as they were left hopefully quite bewildered.

Interacted: MazaInferno MazaInferno EbonChevalier EbonChevalier PlusUltra PlusUltra AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Sheri Styrke
Hellmouth Marine Base
Tags: Lots of people
Sheri.png
"Skills?..." She said slowly, as though the word was a poisonous snake that might bite her if she provoked it too suddenly. 'Skills. Skills. SKILLS. COME ON THINK!' After a long pause, she came to an answer. "Umm... Landscaping?" she said it almost as though it was a question. 'Dang it! What does that have to do with anything!'

Then Kal pointed out the mysterious shadow on the watchtower and the approaching guard. “Uh!? Oh...” Sheri froze solid, as though she has metamorphosed from a person into a solid steel statue. She started to sweat profusely as she realized what was about to take place and her anxiety quickly turned into all-consuming terror. Her brain was moving a mile a minute, but it didn't look like her body could move at all. Forget about the interview, she was about to fail the first stage of the exam without even getting to meet the captain. They were going to have to run without getting caught and both speed and subtlety just weren’t in her wheelhouse. If she tried to run she'd probably just cause a commotion and give everyone else away. That wasn't fair, they shouldn't have to go down with her.

This was it. She made up her mind. She started to prepare herself to stay behind and be a distraction. She tried to swallow up her fear and accept the fact she was probably about to be arrested. Oh god, what would her parents think? Two months after leaving home and already a criminal. She knew pirate might not have been a good idea, but marines didn't really allow adventure. She gave the group a wave and silently mouth "Good luck" and she turned to face towards the oncoming figure and closed her eyes.

Last edited:
Maximilian the Drakskinned

For the first time tonight Maxi's face twisted into a frown. With a lion like shout the young knight screamed. "LIES! ALL LIES! I AM A KNIGHT KARKASSONE! NOT A DAMNED DRUNKARD." He turned to Mesa. "TAKE BACK YOUR WORDS YOU FORK TOUNGED-" His tirade stopped at the sight of violence committed against the Mariners. Wordlessly he pulled out the long sword at is side and the shield on his back. "We will settle this later. For now...." He charged toward the crowd of marines with his shield raised and sword turned towards the enemy. "THE BATTLE IS JOINED!"
Interacted: Hanarei Hanarei AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

JACC

Jack sat on the edge of the dock, he was carefully rubbing every inch of his anchor, making the already shiny piece of metal even shinier, he could totally use it as a mirror. He was so engrossed with his craft that he didn't notice rows of marines were lining up just a few meters from him. Thankfully a few crates stood between him and the marines, prevented him from being spotted. He overheard the conversation between the lietunant and the sergeant.

"A mass arrest? There's no reason for something like that." Jack scoffed as he muttered to himself. As far as he know Helmouth's current situation was pretty calm, of course there will be always theft and petty fight every day, but nothing that warrant a mass arrest like that. It wasn't until the Marines had marched toward the tavern that the thought of the marine's acitivity was connected to the information in the flier dawned on him. Did the Marines sniffed them out?? Before he's even able to join?? Jack let out a growl as he stood up and started stretching his body.

"Muscle, training... Protein!!"

illyria.png
Illyria
Interaction: yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit pbtenchi pbtenchi simj26 simj26 leonhardt231 leonhardt231 Sir Fungus Sir Fungus [ooc let me know if i missed someone]

Illyria studied the defences, examining them for gaps and trying to time patrols. "Alright, patrols pass on thirty-second intervals," she noted, glancing down at her pocket watch. "Spotlight sweeps their sector every fifteen seconds, then pauses for five. Timing intersects every two- minutes. We have to wait for the intersection and then run. Cut the fence, run to the wall, reassess from there. Easy. Twenty seconds is plenty of time, isn't it?"

She glanced around, studying the others in the group. Mr Pink, Mr Suit and Mr Patch all looked to be in good shape, with athletic builds. "This will probably require my air pumps should I wish to keep pace." Flexing her knees slightly, she heard the faint hum as the compressors warmed within her legs. However, as she watched, she noticed Mr Pink squinting slightly. "Alright, I'll need to get in front of him, make he has something clear to follow. Hard to say how bad his eyesight is." Illyria clipped her small lantern to the back of her belt, dimming the light to ensure it would not alert the people on the wall.

She let her eyes pass over the others, giving them her third friendliest grin. "Not too familiar, so it doesn't look like I'm trying too hard, but not so aloof as to make myself appear hostile. Perfect." Mr Specs was a bit more solidly built but didn't seem like he'd be much slower. But Ms Muscles and Ms Musician. "Both look a little slower… We may need to distract the spotlights to ensure they avoid detection. Should be relatively straightfo…."

Lost in thought, Illyria almost missed the shadow beckoning to them from the spotlight. Swearing under her breath she turned to the others with her absolute best "We're in it now" resigned smile. "Well folks, looks like the interviews have started, eh?" She jogged over to the fence and pulled out a set of wire cutters, dropping to her knees and quickly cutting the links to make a large opening. "Anyone with long-range skills, see if you can distract that guard, not sure if we can all get to the wall before he sees us. We're gonna need to bolt. Doubt getting caught is gonna do us any good eh?" She pulled the chain back making a gap big enough for them to squeeze through. "Get to the wall fast as you can. I'll get up top soon as possible, lower a line for anyone who can't climb. And, this is just a guess here, but I'd say get ready for a fight ya?" She slid the wire cutters back into her coat before pulling out a short rod, a large reel about halfway up its length. Pulling out a hook, she locked it into place and grinned. "Let's just hope our beloved leader has a plan for getting out of trouble ya." She gave a short chuckle and a reassuring smile, then ducked through the fence, legs letting out quick puffs of air as she darted forward.

Attachments

• illyria.png
    illyria.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 0
Indigo opened a door revealing an empty office. "Nope," he said to himself. Another door opened and another empty room. This process would go for several more rooms before Indigo finally looked out a window and saw a group gathering. None of them looked like Marines, and if he had to guess they were his new crewmates. In the distance he could see a shadowed figure knock out a guard, Indigo gave a small impressed whistle at the act. However the it seems that just waiting and watching would have to end, a marine was going to be rounding the corner soon. And reveal everyone's presence to the rest of the base. One of the crew members had decided to try to encounter the marine, while one had already started to make a run for it. Time was of the essence and Indigo could make the climb to the shadow figure easily if he needed to. So he opened the window and jumped out onto one of the lower roofs of the base. He moved closer to the group, just close enough that they would hear him if he talked loudly but not shouting. "Oi, I suggest you start moving, the last thing we need is the entire Marine base knowing were here." Indigo will then fish into his bag and pull out a firecracker and light it. He'll toss it in the distance in the opposite direction of the guard, hoping that it'll catch his attention. "Just in case take a few of these," Indigo suggests as he tosses a couple of smoke bombs for the group to grab.
lavi.jpg

Cayden
He didn't answer the question. He didn't know them, did he? It didn't matter what they did, or what he did. For all he knew, they weren't even here for the same thing. Something inside him told him that this was just an excuse he cooked up so he didn't have to talk, but he duly ignored that voice. It was the right thing. He turned his attention instead to the towering building in front of him. He said 'towering', but it seemed to be hunched over, like a tall, old man, hunched over above them, waiting for age to take him. The years have not done miracles to this place. It was clear that the Marines here were being neglected by their superiors. Tzofiya mentioned something to that effect in her entry. Their security was still, somewhat, solid, outside of the chain-link fence they had erected. He touched the fence, observed it for a moment, then pulled away, rubbing the rust off his gloves.

His eyes drifted up to the tower, where a guard had begun to peek his head downwards. Then someone beaned him across the head, knocking him out. The culprit made his silhouette be known to his audience, namely the gormless fools now standing beneath him, before he offered a wave, then vanished away into the base. What was that about? Did this mean that this wasn't a Marine recruitment after all? He watched as some of the others stirred into action, while some seemed to freeze up in trepidation. Cayden looked at the tall, burly woman who now seemed to have frozen in place. She wasn't his problem. People like her served to be only distractions, and distractions were deadly. The blue-haired girl produced the tools of a thief, and began to work her way past the chain-link fence, and once she had made her way through, she invited the rest in. Clearly, she was already on board the whole plan, despite not knowing what the plan actually was. Or did she? Was Cayden the only one left out of the loop here?

"Hmph." Cayden drew one of his swords, and slashed at the chain-link fence. With about the same formality one would toss their rubbish, he kicked a hole out of the fence. He wasn't going to scamper and squeeze through gaps like a common thief. He still had some honor to uphold, after all. He started to move through the fence, before he paused and looked back at the tall woman. What was she doing now? Was she just going to stand around and accept fate? His brow furrowed, and a look of irritation crossed his expression. He glanced up at the approaching guard, then at the fence, then at the woman. He clicked his tongue in annoyance, then jogged over to the woman. "What are you doing? Get moving!" he hissed, and took hold of her arm, and tugging at her. He noted, for just a moment, how firm her physique was, and was, in that same moment, quite impressed. That feeling lasted but only a moment, however. "Through the fence, now." He turned back to the fence, and with another casual slice off the top of the hole to accommodate the woman's height, he beckoned to her to follow.

Interacted with: pbtenchi pbtenchi (Sheri)

Danio Rerio
Tags: EbonChevalier EbonChevalier Hanarei Hanarei AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy (Open)
8qUpV7H.png

The day had been ticking by without much incident, for the most part, she been separating fools from their Beli for the past several hours and it was only by the grace of the odd smile and well-placed words that those same fools had not jumped the table and throttled her for their poor luck, or maybe it was simply such an act would require surrounding their pride. In either case, they seemed to be under the delusion that their poor fortunate would turn around if they simply kept doubling down in a sunk cost fallacy, and that served Rerio all the better as Beli could open many doors indeed.

All the while this was going on the woman had been keeping her ear trained on the environment around her, filtering out the useless bravado and sifting for the more interesting rumors or topics of conversation. The most relevant of these however was the mention of Captain Ichimonji from a group off to the side, stealing a quick as she called for more drink to evaluate them while continuing to listen. The first thing that became apparent was that one of them was unfamiliar with the concept of subtlety, but all of them seemed to be intending to try and join the ship down to the deeper seas.

However back to the speaking of poor fortunate and opened doors, the sudden appearance of the marines had a good deal of the patrons turn to the white coats and naturally Rerio to pocket her winnings out of sight before things kicked off. Taking stock of the situation she decided it was time to see what that other group had for substance, they were an easy distraction to make use of should they act otherwise she would need to persuade some others to take that metaphorical...or perhaps literal bullet, so, for now, she simply stayed silent and out of sight looking for her opportunity.

The opportunity was quickly apparent as the not so subtle man from before quickly spoke up and she rose from the table to take a few steps through the crowd out of direct sight, at least until it seemed another girl had the exact same idea as her. Stopping to stand up she looked over in thought for a moment before putting on her face "Eh? Oh sure because all fishermen look exactly the same to you I'm guessing? Anyone not a local is suspect? typical". Clicking her tongue in the feigned offense for a moment, her act was interrupted when the same girl attacked with a strange shift of her arm "Hey look! a distraction!".

As the chaos broke out Rerio quickly leaped over the counter to take cover from any stray gunfire and began launching as many spirits as she could, arcing over the heads of the crowd and direction of the marines "Rum, Rum, Rum, Whiskey, Rum, Rum, Vodka, Rum....Vermouth? nope, not wasting that." Pocketing the bottle before getting back to work but not before also napping a cigar that had been left lit within the ashtray on the bars counter. She was likely going to have to accelerate her plans now as even after these guys were dealt with the alarm would be raised, but that also meant maybe even more Marines on the Docks which was good for her, thought might as well give a little extra for good measure "Make sure you're all at the Docks for the Knight" the message more for the marines than anyone else.

Kalletta
Kalletta's eyes momentarily gleamed at Mesa's words, "Actually there is a special way to navigate the undersea! Underwater, whatever! Its this thing called a-" However whatever explaination she was about to give was very rudely interrupted by some boys in white, on very aggressively going straight to the point of their arrival in the otherwise unassuming tavern. Kalletta tilted her head to the side and gave a weary sigh, she really wanted to explain her current knowledge on underwater navigation...

She got up and grabbed onto her weapon with a scowl, but was herself distracted by Mesa's blatant lying, raising an eyebrow at her before scowling again, "Hey! Lying cool and all but I don't approve of fishman discrimination! Those guys got their own problems!" She chided at Mesa, of all the things Kalletta could have chosen to complain about the girl she was personally glad it was this. However there was something even more important than that, like caving some unlucky Marine's skull in.

Kalletta swung the Old punk above her head, strange bulbs of greens and blues forming onto it as she leapt up toward the group of Marines with a wide grin on her face as decided to use the opening so graciously provided by the others to swing downward, treating them to a nice, explosive fireworks show right in their faces, COMPLETELY, missing the part where they ought to be running instead.

Interacted: Hanarei Hanarei PlusUltra PlusUltra EbonChevalier EbonChevalier AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

DF0D2779-FF57-4BE7-B424-1EF71CE29E9D.jpegFrancis F. Contour
Mentions: AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy
Interacted with: No one yet

As Francis was about to speak up with everybody else, he noticed the shadowed figure and blinked, perhaps this was the captain here to recruit everyone, but on the other hand, it could be a marine watchman, regardless, he began running towards the tower at full speed, using his devil fruit power to turn his feet into air to give him more pace. He then looked to the wall again to see another as he quickly made it to the walls, and boosted himself up with a gust of air to climb at least half-way up the walls, he stayed there for a little bit to rest “Maybe they didn’t see me yet...” He said quietly to himself as he slowly began making his way upward.

Beneath Amelia's skin, something squirmed. Within a network of cannibalized veins, a cavalcade of insects chittered away in agitation, and Amelia suppressed an urge to scratch at the sensation. They were always like this when there was a fuss being kicked up, and she still hadn't gotten used to it. The bustle of rushed footsteps and the reverberations of hushed commands and demands was enough to clue the creatures into the fact that something was afoot and they didn't like it. Often, Amelia was glad that the little critters were clever, but equally often she just found it annoying.

"Now now, you two." Amelia spoke at Sheri and Cayden. "There's no need to be so brash! Or harsh." Amelia adjusted her bangs, and allowed a few of her bees to scuttle their way out onto her fingertips. Her flesh stretched open and they squeezed their way out of the meaty honeycomb that had once been an eyesocket, though her hair hid most of the gory display from her would-be crewmate's eyes. She outstretched her hand in the approaching guard's position and the squad of tiny soldiers went off to meet them in battle. Or, at the very least, pester them into taking a few minutes shooing them away.

"Hopefully that should keep them distracted for a moment. Let's all head inside now, okay? I don't imagine my little buddies will be able to stall him for too-too long." Amelia tried to speak as nicely as possible, but her voice was clearly urging Sheri in particular to cooperate. For some reason, she had a feeling that leaving a man behind this early wouldn't look the best on their assessment for... Whatever exactly this was.

"Oh! And, before I forget-" Amelia spun on her heel and hurried through hole in the fence and open door. Once she was safely through, she paused for a moment to turn towards Kal. "Um, I never caught your name, but thanks a million for the door! I imagine things would've been a lot... Er, louder if you hadn't been here."

talked at: pbtenchi pbtenchi simj26 simj26 yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy

Last edited:
The Marine Base
A clever combination of distraction and harassment halted the oncoming marine patrol for a precious few minutes, giving the motley group of strangers enough time to cross no man's land and make it to the watch tower the shadowy figure appeared at. Even at the slower pace of the more ungainly members of the crew there was just enough time to safely make the trip. When the group arrived at the tower wall the next challenge would be to surmount it. While some members of the group would have their own means of scaling the wall one had been provided for the convenience of the less nimble: a curious chain dangled down the wall from the top, seemingly made of locks rather than ordinary chain links.

"Oh you guys made it!" said an excited voice from above the group. At the top of the tower wall a beaming face peered down at the strangers, ornamented by a jaunty tricorn. "Okay listen, get your butts up here! We've gotta ship to steal!"

When everyone had made it up to the top of the watchtower the shadowy figure was finally revealed to be a fairly normal looking young women dressed conventionally except for the aforementioned hat, but she did welcome the group with a warm smile and her manner seemed relaxed and friendly her current location atop a marine base watch tower.

"Alrighty! First off thanks for coming everybody," said the woman, putting her hands together. "I know we're all super busy so I appreciate everyone taking the time to be a part of this little event regardless of how things turn out. I'm Sora Ichijomae and this is your ship! or uhhh, it's going to be anyway," With a grand, sweeping gesture Sora drew everyone's attention down to the private marine dock within the base, where among the inky darkness of the night a sleek little ship could be made out at one of the berths. The ship was of an unusual design, featuring only a very small top deck and larger cabin that covered most of its length, its masts and sails were also swept backwards and angled out oddly, giving them the appearance almost of fins and lending the ship an overall air of some kind of marine predator.

"Her name is the Eurydice! And I've been studying her since I snuck my way in here in a crate of MRE's," said Sora proudly. "She's a one of a kindly prototype for exploring the Undersea so once we get her down there we'll be able to outrun any ship they send after us! The tricky part is going to actually stealing the thing but I've been working on that too! Most of the marines are out of the base tonight at the docks so we have a perfect window to swoop in and grab the ship. We're going to need two teams. One team will come with me to grab the Eurydice and then take it down the canal to the docks, we wanna pick up any supplies that aren't bolted down and also any stragglers who took the posters literally and went down there. There's a while platoon of marines down there causing a ruckus so if they can survive that I'm sure they'll come in handy and I'd feel bad if they got arrested on my account." Sora paused and took a deep breath. "While that's happening I need the second team to stay here and take and hold the control room," Sora pointed out a round, fortified building not far from the docks. "I've been scoping this place out for a while and it seems like the gates separating the docks from the canal and the Undersea entrance are controlled from there. When we take the Eurydice down the canal you'll need to let us out and then back in we return and then let us through the other gate to the Undersea and if possible, find some way to jam it closed behind us to buy some time. Anyways I'm sure it'll all work out. Do we have any volunteers?" Sora asked, looking around at the gathered strangers with an expectant smile.

pbtenchi pbtenchi simj26 simj26 The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Nuclear Magician Nuclear Magician yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy Sir Fungus Sir Fungus leonhardt231 leonhardt231

The Far Side of the Island
The old man spotted Fuji and sighed in relief. "Thank ye kindly youn'un, I've got to get meself off this island before anyone realizes I was working with that fool of a woman!" The old man straightened up from pushing his boat and cracked his rickety old back loudly with a stretch. "I figured it'd be easy money printing off all those damn posters. Not much work for a printshop in this bilgey little backwater of a town y'see! But I didn't realize that lady was planning some kinda crazy heist on the marine base! If anyone figures out I had something to do with it then I'll be tossed in jail! And I run the only printshop in town so it won't take 'em long to realize! That's why I'm gettin' outta here while I still can!" The old man nodded firmly and then went back to pushing his boat. With Fuji's help the process would go a lot faster and the wizened fugitive would be at the water's edge in a few short minutes.

Venchi1986 Venchi1986

Honestly when he learned the actual meetingspot was the Marine base Fuji wanted to just run off in hopes of reaching it before it was too late, but he helped the man out first anyway. When that was done he exited the water and shifted to his full animal form and took off running at full speed. Unlike before he didn't bother with stealth and ran across the roofs of houses and through crowded streets if necessary to stick to as straight a line as possible. He still refrained from actively harming anyone since he had no issues with the civilians. Eventually he arrived at the Marine base but since he was a different spot than the other intruders had to find his own way in.

Changing back to his human form Fuji used his spear to cut a hole in the chain link fence before going back to beastmode since a smilodon despite grabbing a lot of attention if spotted was generally more stealthy.Not knowing where else to go he headed in the direction of the sea figuring that the others would have go to the docks at some point.

illyria.png
Illyria
Interaction: AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Illyira sprinted across the killing ground, her metal feet barely touching the ground. At each step, her compressors fired, creating a cushion of air to glide across. She made each step carefully, leaping over debris. Careful to avoid alerting the guards, she made sure to keep her light covered, so that only enough light for her companions to follow her. Nearing the base of the wall, she slid to a halt, the air muting the sound of gravel beneath her iron heels. Arm arching behind her as she slowed, her rod slid to its full length with a whisper. Resting both hands on the grip, she sighted upward. Making a few adjustments to the reel, she slid the rod over her shoulder. The line slid through the grass, a faint whisper filling the air as the tension on the rod built, arcing it backward. As it reached the ten-o clock position she snaped her arms forward, pulling her elbow towards her body as the line shot upward in looping arc. The line spiralled through the air, striking the railing with a soft thump. The weighted head spun the gossamer cord around railing. The lure clicked, its hook shooting outward and catching on the metal bars. She pulled on the line, testing its stability. Nodding, she slipped her finger over the reels trigger, and was just about to pull the trigger when a smiling face appeared next to the hook. Illyria blinked at the surprisingly youthful face.

That cannot possibly be the “Dread Captain.” Could it?” She paused for a few moments, just barely managing to keep her jaw from dropping. She is hardly any older than I. A younger sister perhaps?” She glanced about, searching for a grizzled older man, covered in scares and at least a little more dreadful. However, as Sora kept speaking, it became clear that her visions of a gritty, hardened marauder were nothing but a fantasy. Sighing, she slid her finger back onto the trigger. So much for THAT fantasy.”

The reel clicked, then began to whirl. Illyria gripped the rod tightly as the line drew taut, then hauled her into the air. Soaring past the dark grey stone, she flew to the top of the wall, the “Dread Captain’s” face a blur. Nearing the top, she kicked against the wall, bursts of air firing at the impact. She flew over the railing in a tight arc, landing on the stone with a soft thump.

Winking at her new captain, she knelt down and began to fiddle with the chain. Alright then Miss Hansa, time to put our best foot forward. Miss Dreadful might actually be all that dreadful, but this is still the best chance you will have to be free of this Celestial Dragons cursed island any time soon.” Straightening, she lunged forward, gripping Ichijomae’s hand in both of hers and shaking vigorously. “Nice to meet ya Cap. Names Hansa Illyria, I’m here about the Piracy Job.” Reaching into her satchel, she pulled out a slim folder and thrust it into the captain’s still shaking hand. “If I may direct your attention to the first page...” she gripped Sora’s hands and used them to open the folder. “you will see that I have five full years of maritime experience. The past two years I have been drawing bo’s’n’s pay. I’m well acquainted leading watches, setting and keeping to maintenance schedules.” She ushed Sora’s finger to flick the page. “And as you can see here, I have met all the requirements to qualify as a journeyman shipwright and am more than able to meet the vast majority of your new shipping needs.” She let her eyes play over the wall to the Eurydice’s sleek predatory silhouette, a small, yet eager smile crossing her lips. “Including,” she said, eyes locking Captain Ichijomes. “Stealing it.”

As she spoke, the lock chain began to shake, and Illyria glanced downward. “Just a sec Cap, gotta get that.” Bracing herself against the railing, she gripped the rod and pulled the trigger. The rod bowed, and Illyria was almost dragged forward off the wall, but managed to hold herself in place. The reel whirred, hauling the chain up along the rods outer edge. A faint yelp echoed up from above, as whoever held the other end was jerked into the air.

“Anyway, if you turn to page three, you will see an extensive, all with den den mushi access, and available between the hours of three and eight. All in all, I belive this should be more than sufficient to compensate for my lack of practical pillageing epxerience. Besides, I doubt you'll have much luck finding another qualified engineer this side of the marine defensive wall” She grinned, glancing back at the Sora. “So, oh dreadful leader, do I have the job? Or do you need a demonstration?"

Karl Brauer
Helmouth Island Marine Base

Grimacing as he puffed away at his pipe, Karl's face was briefly obscured by a gray haze as he plodded his way through Helmouth Island's Marine Base, having spent the greater part of the night singlehandedly offloading barrel after barrel of rum into the fortress stockpile. Delivery orders for the Marines never failed to put him in a foul mood, those seabound bonobos had only passing knowledge of the concept of professional courtesy, nor could they tell the difference between good alcohol and sewage runoff. Still, he could hardly complain; their lack of discerning palette meant they still paid good Berry for bottom shelf hooch, and money he would need if he intended to make any sort of headway into his venture to the Undersea.

Ticking off the order entry in his pocket ledger, the Brewer took a moment to scan the uncharacteristically quiet grounds around him. Though the marines rarely provided him assistance anyway, that was usually due to a general lack of manners and human decency, and not due to understaffing. Tonight however, it would appear they were gearing up for a score like no other. A meeting of knaves, blackguards and rapscallions was said to be happening that very moment at the Helmouth docks; recruitment for a grand expedition into the Undersea lead by one unknown Dread Captain Ichimonji himself. The bold words emblazoned on the flyers plastered all over town drew many an eye, and Karl himself was no exception.

"...ON THE DOCKS AT THE MOUTH OF THE CANAL! " read the recruitment flyer, a copy of which was stuffed into Karl's breast pocket. Whoever this young hothead was, he clearly didn't seem to be one for subtlety, loudly broadcasting the meeting location like that. Karl had initially planned to head directly to the docks via boat as soon as he finished the order, but the unforeseen circumstances of the night had delayed the delivery process significantly. By the time he'd finished, the ferryman who'd brought him in had departed the Marine Base docks, having long since grown impatient with waiting for Karl. Now he'd have to make his way to the docks on foot, which was no short trek given the size of the base. This combined with the prospect of the impending Marine ambush on the docks, along with the sheer idiocy and audacity displayed by this Ichimonji character were beginning to give Karl pause as well.

"This fool can't possibly be serious about this could he?"

Fishing the poster out of his pocket as he walked, Karl gave the crumpled flyer another once-over, searching for some hidden message or insignia the piece of paper surely held. His efforts were for naught, for the poster appeared to hold no other meaning than the one plainly printed on it, a call-to-arms for pirates islandwide and a bold challenge to those who would try to stop him.

Karl scowled and threw the flyer aside as he began to approach the base entrance. Whatever this alleged Captain was playing at, he must have planned it under the influence of a drop too much firewater. The sparse sentry postings even this close to the main entrance meant that the Marines were sparing no expense on their assault on the docks, and Karl didn't fancy himself being caught in a clash between overzealous Marines and a greenhorn pirate captain with delusions of grandeur. Perhaps it was time to cut bait, and wait for another shot at entering the Undersea, hopefully this time with more competent compatriots...

"Hang on a tick..."

Just as Karl was about to call out to one of the sentries to unlock the gate for him, the glow of his pipe illuminated a section of the chain link fence that he was passing by. Obscured by the cover of night was a cleanly cut hole, just the right size for some regular sized individuals to squeeze their way through. Incompetent and inobservant they might be, but there's no way the Marines wouldn't notice the gaping hole in broad daylight. Whoever these tresspassers were, they couldn't have been been here for long, no doubt they were taking advantage of the Marine Base's recent lack of manpower.

His suspicions were confirmed upon closer examination, for there were several fresh sets of fresh footprints leading towards the base of a seemingly manned watchtower a short sprint away. Now that he took the time to look closely, he could see that several of the silhouettes were lithe and feminine, a far cry from the standard stocky and homoerotic Marine build. Advancing as stealthily as a man of his stature could, Karl positioned himself under the tower railings and began to listen in on the conversation taking place above him.

Eavesdropping on: A bunch of people

Swear's Tavern
The marines barely knew what hit them. One second they were calmly interrogating some drunks, the next some kind of fleshy whip had bowled over several of their members and an angry, shield wielding warrior bowled over several more. An instant later and the tavern had erupted in flame as the bright, sparking pyrotechnics provided by Kalletta met the layer of spilled liquor and broken bottles that now coated the ancient, wooden floors. The result was, well, explosive, flames immediately erupted and raced outwards and upwards across the floor, eliciting yells and shrieks from patrons and marines alike.

"DAMN IT ALL!" roared the grizzled looking sergeant as the marines were assaulted and the slender lieutenant let out a loud, unmanly shriek. Thinking quickly the sergeant launched himself at Maximillian, seizing him from behind as the knight attacked other marines. The sergeant then executed a clumsy, but effective wrestling throw, launching the armour clad knight back towards Mesa and Kalletta to slow all three of them down. "FALL BACK! FALL BACK!" The sergeant shouted at his men, hauling some of the knocked over marines back to their feet and sezing the Lieutenant, who had tripped over at some point, by the scruff of his collar. "THIS PLACE IS GOING UP IN FLAMES!"

"DAMN YOU FILTHY PIRATES!" Screeched the lieutenant as he was hauled out of the flaming tavern. "DON'T LET ANY OF THEM ESCAPE!" he yelled at the marine retreating to link up with their reinforcements outside. "WE'LL LET THEM BURN TO DEATH INSIDE THIS RATHOLE!"

"ARE YOU MAD SIR?" Roared the sergeant, but outside the tavern the other marines heard the lieutenants instructions and had formed a perimeter around the tavern, firing on the panicked patrons who were attempting to escape the fire through windows and other exits and driving them back inside.

Ace Cream Ace Cream PlusUltra PlusUltra Hanarei Hanarei MazaInferno MazaInferno EbonChevalier EbonChevalier

JACC

The shark man was minding his own business, exercising while waiting until the one who spread the fliers come. However, things turned unexpected when the marines poured outside of the tavern. He glared at the flame burning the tavern from the inside while the marines preventing anyone from escaping, the veins popping out of his neck as he clearly was not happy with what he was seeing. He caught the sight of the one who had been shouting orders to the other marines and decided to take things into his hand.

"Oy, oy. You damn marines. I thought of leaving you alone but you didn't give me much choice now that the lifes of my former co-workers are in line." Jack approached the lieutenant with a furious expression on his face. A deep growl could be heard as he was getting closer to the lieutenant.

"You're looking for the ones who spread this flyer, right?" Jack showed the lietunant the flyer that he stored in his pocket, before shredding it to pieces right in front of him.

"If yes then look no further. Because he is right here in front of you, and he is very angry." Jack then launched a whole heartful right hook towards the lieutenant's face.

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Kal Aguillard

kal.pngIt wasn't too long before the lot of the meetup began to scatter. Kal himself was left a bit in shock as everyone moved about quickly. He wasn't sure who to go with, as everybody was soon to become an indescribable blur with how quick they moved, how far they were going. The man tried to adjust his sight, but would ultimately do no luck. However, the one thing he could follow was the light set by one of the women, Illyria. He'd take what he could get, despite the risks he might have to take. Anybody could very well get caught, but at this point he was running out of options.

Though his sight was not in his favour, the man would keep focused on her shape as they made their exit. He watched as Illyria made their way up the wall with not only graceful speed, but fair silence. The girl had made her successful landing at the top of the wall. Though, impressed, Kal began to realise that he himself wasn't up there, too. He looked around momentarily in a slight panic before his eye caught the other end of the woman's rod. He'd take it in his hand, tugging slightly.

Truth be told, he could have very well just went bat mode and flew himself up there. But, he wasn't quite comfortable exercising his ability in front of others, even if it were to escape the possibility of being arrested on sight. He was caught up in his own head when the line he held jerked suddenly.

Kal was the unfortunate soul who was on the other end. The man was sent into the air with a sudden speed, which would normally cause him to scream or something, but this was a stealth mission. The man let a slight yelp go through instead as he made it into the air. He hit the peak of his trajectory, which was a moment in still air before he'd come crashing down. The man fell directly onto the wall, as it was the intended target. Though, his landing could've been a tad better. He had landed down on his side with an 'oof'.

It hurt for but a moment. He stumbled up and dusted himself off, taking off his hat to adjust his dark blue hair back into place. As mentioned before, this guy was blind as a bat hahasorry. He looked up to say thank you to Illyria, but he was also greeted with another face, though he couldn't make them out well. Though, he could tell from Illyria's mannerisms that this person was..

No other than the captain!

Kal immediately took a bow. "It's- wow-" He stood up straight and squinted, trying to make the figure of the captain. Well, it definitely wasn't what he'd expected, but he'd take what he could get. He stayed fairly silent, though would speak up when it came time to make a choice.

"I- Um.." He paused to be sure he'd choose what he wanted. "I'll stay control with group 2," He'd state, fumbling with his backpack before explaining himself. "I can scout out here, notify everyone if something's gone awry.. not that it will! I mean.. but if it does.."

• Mood jitters teeheehee
    Outfit A bladed hat adorned with pink bluebonnets and feathers, along with crystalline armour. With him, he carries an adjustable ax.
    Location Marine base,.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back