• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece: Journey into the Undersea (AU, Open)

J
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

The index for this rp, you should be able to access all of the basic resources needed to find your way through things here.

AtlannianSpy

Alarmed and Strangerous
CXLT4XR.png

The meteorite was a stark reminder to us that our world has always been larger and more hostile then we imagined it to be. It lit up the night sky with an unnatural, emerald light and when it landed in the East Blue the resulting explosion and seismic activity was observed from several nearby islands. When the vast steam cloud thrown up by the boiling ocean had subsided and tremors of the earth below had stilled what remained in it's place was a new island. It was tall and narrow, the new island, like some ancient monument and at its centre was a cavernous, gaping maw, a tunnel leading deep into the bowls of the Earth that we named the Helmouth. but it was what that tunnel lead to that stunned the world.

We call it the Undersea, a vast, underground ocean at least as large as one of the Four Blue Seas and it was underneath us this whole time, as if waiting patiently for us to find it. We are only barely beginning to scratch the surface of exploring and mapping this new ocean but already we have discovered the Undersea has its own islands, its own ecosystems, plants and creatures. In places where the ceiling is high enough the Undersea even has its own weather system.

To those whose heart longs for adventure and mystery the Undersea is an irresistible lure. After all even the deadly Grand Line has been conquered at least once by the unrivalled Gol D. Rogers and his legendary crew, but as far as anyone knows nobody has ever seen the end of the Undersea. What riches might these unplumbed depths reveal? What challenges? None can know for sure. In the immediate wake of the Undersea's discovery Ezelred the Mad, one of the four emperors known as the mightiest pirates in the world lead his vast fleet through the Helmouth into the deepest reaches of the Undersea, but none of them have ever been heard from or seen since then.

The disappearance of Ezelred the Mad's fleet has done little to staunch the flow of adventurers into the Undersea. Most of the demand for manpower comes from the Undersea Trading Company, a vast mercantile concern granted a monopoly charter over the Undersea by the World Government. The UTC has been busy exploring the closer by regions of the Undersea and establishing colonies to begin extracting resources from the new territory. These colonies need colonists and generous incentives have lured thousands already to descend below the Earth in search of a new life. Although the Helmouth has now become Helmouth Station, a fortified marine outpost intended to regulate traffic between the Undersea and the surface, there are still ways for pirates and other renegades to make their way to the new frontier. Bribes or Blackmail will get a pirate past the Marine guards stationed at Helmouth easily enough and many simply apply as colonists and then desert from their assigned colonies to join or form pirate crews once in the Undersea.

This brings us to our business with each other. See I heard you were looking for a way into the Undersea and I happen to know of a Captain looking for crew. She might be inexperienced aye, and a bit reckless yes. But if you're serious about going down there then you're probably a bit reckless too and she might just be your best shot....

Welcome to One Piece: Journey into the Undersea!

Hello, Hello! Welcome to my latest RP project. Journey Into the Undersea is an AU One piece RP with a heavy focus on original characters, stories and setting. This is actually a reboot of an RP I ran previously but there's a lot of fun plans I never had the chance to implement the first time round. The premise as outlined above is quite simple, a fifth sea has been discovered below the Earth's surface and so Marines, a ruthless trade company and of course pirates are scrambling to be the first to explore it. Our characters will be forming a new pirate crew with the same intention, heading deep into the Undersea to discover fame, fortune and perhaps an ancient mystery or two... Most canon characters will be absent, with important positions like the Warlords, Marine Admirals and Four Emperors being filled by brand new npcs for you to contend with. My intention is very much for this to be "our" One Piece, for it to be a world where we can forge our own path and our own stories. If all that sounds appealing then keep reading and then pop in and say hi! I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

I'll be setting up a discord for communication as well, so let me know if you would like access to that.

Rules and Expectations

• The RPN site rules are in effect: This is pretty obvious and everyone should be familiar with them

• The GM and any potential Co-Gm's are in charge: That would just be me at present, but it's possible I'll take on more staff in response to the needs of the RP.

• Remain respectful of your fellow RPers: Just be cool to each other, even if you have disagreements or find your personalities don't quite mesh do your best to remain civil. If you can't resolve any disputes to your mutual satisfaction I or another GM will step in.

• Let your voice be Heard: If you're not sure about something or just have a great idea for the RP let us know! We can't do anything about it if it stays in your head. We will eventually have a discord server open to all players for easy communication. You can also post anything like that in the OOC and free to PM me if you would rather speak privately, I'll do my best to stay on top of such correspondence.

• No Godmodding: Broadly speaking godmodding refers to controlling someone else's characters by writing their reactions or confirming attacks on them in your own post. This isn't very fun to deal with for the other person and not conducive to good roleplaying. Don't ever do it to another player without their permission and be careful about doing it to NPC's.

• Do your best in terms post length and quality: We are aiming for detailed with this RP, multiple paragraph responses with good spelling and grammar are ideal. We can be flexible about this to some extent, scenarios and situations just aren't conducive to long posts and sometimes people are tired or busy. The bare minimum is a paragraph or so that's been given a good once over for errors. Detailed responses give your RP partners more to work with and make you more fun to RP alongside so it's to everyone's benefit if we all do our best. If I feel like your responses lacking then I'll reach out and we can have a friendly chat about how to extend and improve your writing.

• Post Regularly or Stay in contact when you cant: I'm pretty flexible with this sort of thing, mostly cause I often struggle to stay consistent myself, but hwhat I'd like to aim for is to get a post a week from most people: If you don't post when a scene is waiting on you after a week you will be skipped over, after two you will be removed from the RP. Now I'm not going to ever boot anyone from the RP because you have exams, or work is crazy, or you just feel like shit and can't write for a while, so if you reach out and let me know you can't post for a while then you are golden, but you do have to reach out. Ghosts get the boot.

• Read all the provided material: The mechanics and worldbuilding information will be posted in separate threads and linked here via the index. There shouldn't be too much to wade through so if you can give everything a quick once over that would be great

• Oh and most importantly of all...

Have Fun!

Last edited:
Id be interested in this, May not be the keenest on the entire stat system but up for giving it a shot. I would likely need to chat over the DF idea a bit as well due to how it may interact with the stats.

Though for reference of others might as well ask a broader version of it here. How would Devil Fruit abilities such as Zoan transformations and others affect the Strength/Agility/Stamina/Perception etc based on the Devil Fruit point amount?

generally you'd just add your DF power stat onto your other stats in situations where its relevant., your techniques might come into play as well when you use those. There might be edge cases where that doesn't quite cover the nuance of what's going on in which case we'd just hash things out with discussion,. The goal is to have fun, be fair and tell an exciting story, which I believe is helped with some simple limitations.

Then i guess ill give it a shot, Since it says you dont pick your DF is it ok just rolling it at the start then deciding if that fits a character you would like to play...and if not just ignore it when making the character?

well...kind of.

You can't find out what your fruit is without eating it and locking it to your character BUT you can start with an uneaten fruit. If you hold onto one for a while you'll have in game opportunities to find out what your fruit is without eating it and trade it for something that suits you better, or even use it towards some other end if you preferred. Like maybe you'd be able to swap it for some kind of cool prototype weapon or learn a special martial arts style.

Thats my worry, if you eat a fruit and it turns out to be something you wont find particularly fun to play. Would then be forced to play that....I mean i guess i can try and make it work but its still a bit of a worry. How much will you define the fruit as well? or will it simply be a name that you need to then define within that boundry?

Also you mentioned a Discord? Could you PM me the link if its already up?

they all have descriptions of 1-3 sentences generally which describe generally what they do, but I picture these as more jumping points where you can develop techniques and apply the fruits in pretty creative ways, especially as your character grows and invests points.

So like uhh, if you take something like Brook's cold powers which ultimately derive from his revive fruit, that's a fairly loose intepretation of the base concept of the fruit and I wouldn't be opposed to players taking directions like that with their fruits, especially if they roll one of the more eccentric fruits.

Guess only way to find out then for sure is to roll a fruit and then see if you can make it work.

Well hey it's your fruit, you're gonna have to have a role in this process as well~

Or you could just go the no fruit route, that's equally viable.

So.... AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy ... would I be able to get my Random Devil Fruit right away with my character having gotten it when they were young and eaten it? Mostly meaning like... before I even created my character? Or if you want I can come up with a very basic sheet with my character as a young child if you rather something like that to the point they would get the devil fruit and then work on it from there. Just kind of setting an element of the sheet out of my direct control I have to work off of seems a bit interesting to do (if it works for you at least). I mean heck to be fair if you really want to go for it having other elements locked in for my to work off of my character like place of origin and all could be fine to add in as well.

Or I'm being a pain and asking stuff I shouldn't and I should go back into the corner... I understand and I'll go right back into my corner.

you can just get your fruit if you want, I thought about trying to implement a stricter "character first" policy but its kind of impractical.

If you want your fruit you just have to gimme a number between 1 and 83

you can just get your fruit if you want, I thought about trying to implement a stricter "character first" policy but its kind of impractical.

If you want your fruit you just have to gimme a number between 1 and 83
A number between 1 and 83 huh? Hehe...hehehe... heheheheheheheh... sixty ni....

Nah actually 37

Although... maybe I could do like a Samurai too... never got to play that out....

NAH! Stick with fruit and see what the RNG gives me! Come on Wool Wool Fruit! XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back