• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Ringo Kiritu
217-2174730_cute-anime-guys-hot-anime-boy-anime-sexy.png
Just as Ringo was about to start leading his two newest friends out into the market area of Anzen, he didn’t even realize that Ed hadn’t answered his question. The mere fact that Ed was accompanying them on their search for delightful food was enough for him to believe that she would be joining his crew indefinitely and he knew having someone far more skilled with navigation would be very much beneficial to his goals and dreams. What were their goals and dreams, though? Ringo realized that it would be a good thing to ask about when he got everyone together on the ship because he wanted to help them too. That was what made a family a family - everyone helped each other accomplish their goals and dreams. That was how his mind pieced it together, anyway.

Before he made it to the door, though, another person stopped him and asked him if he was recruiting. “Why yes, I am!” he proclaimed proudly. “Captain Ringo Kiritu at your service, beautiful lady!” Quickly, though, he realized that his other companions were getting away from him so he added, “This way!” Ringo reached out to try and grab her hand to pull her along with him and immediately he noticed that something felt funny about her skin. He didn’t piece two and two together in his mind right away, though, and he nearly stumbled and fell face first onto the wooden plank floor when his hand slipped right off of her. However, even that didn’t change his step or his attitude. Instead, he just waved her along. “Come on! It’ll be great! Promise!” There was something so easy going about his attitude that it was hard not to believe him.

Following Ed out of Dragon’s Mug Pub, the captain’s eyes followed where she was pointing to for his gaze to stumble upon Ruva, Brinley and Iris. His brow furrowed a bit at what Ed had to say about him, but he realized it didn’t really matter if the guy couldn’t cook. He could probably do other things.

However, Ed’s prompting - mimicking Ringo’s own words from just a few minutes ago - caught the young captain off guard, and so he said the most piratey thing he could think of. “AYE AYE CAPTAIN!” There was a brief pause before he seemed to realize that his words were… not quite accurate? “Oh, wait… AYE AYE SIR!” Another moment paused before he found another error in his words and let out a huff of frustration. “Uhm… Aye aye, compadre!” Though that last one came out with a little less gusto, Ringo finally decided he was satisfied with it. He nodded to affirm it.

With that being settled, Ringo ran to the edge of the dock and started doing jumping jacks while calling out to Iris. “Hey Iris! I got some crew people! This is Ed - she’s a navigator! And we’ve got Cait and…” Ringo paused as he realized he didn’t know names for the others who had caught his attention just before he followed Ed out of Dragon’s Mug. Presuming that they were still there, anyway. “Anyway, we were going to get juice and food, right?” he verified to the small collection of people he’d slowly managed to gather up behind him. “The market is this way, and I’m buying!” He didn’t remember exactly how much beli he had on him, but he was certain it would be enough as he started leading the way towards the market.

In the market, there were multiple food stands including a fruit stand, a vegetable vendor, a fisherman’s stand, and a candy connoisseur.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Japanime Japanime grudge grudge

Cait Merlin

dejznc9-fcaea92c-83b5-44d2-99b2-04d566def37b.jpg
"Huh?" Cait scratched her head. She didn't understand everything Ed said; some of it sounded like gibberish. She did pick up on the mention of food and followed anyway.

"Bad cook?" Cait asked, looking deep in thought. "But he works at a restaurant! Is his boss mean? Or do you think he's too experimental?"

Her thoughtful look was quickly replaced with a shark-y grin as Ringo flubbed his words and she let out a giggle; it was funny that he had called someone else captain.

She waved to the others and nodded her confirmation about wanting to find food. Looking at the market stalls, she quickly glossed over the fisherman's stand. it would have reminded her too much of home. Her eyes were drawn to the candy stand and her eyes rested on a rainbow lollipop as big as her mouth.

"Captain! Captain! I want that!" she said to Ringo, eyes sparkling with delight and pointing at the lollipop.

Mai Hanashi

full
Mai softly chuckled as Ringo slipped off her arm. He had learned the hard way about her Devil Fruit, but was in high spirits anyway. Maybe it hadn't clicked in his mind, or maybe Devil Fruits were much more common among pirates.

She returned to her cart and quickly tapped the ashes out of her pipe, setting it down on top of her trunk. "You coming?" she asked Talin. The captain was already off to catch up to Cait and Ed. She didn't really wait for a reply and started to push her cart after him.

Once at the market, Mai thought it would be a good time to introduce herself, since she hadn't back at the tavern. "I'm...Mai Hanashi," she said with a bow. She had to pause in order to say her first name first and her family name second; she was too used to saying it the Saga way. "It's nice to meet you all," she added politely.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock CelticHero37 CelticHero37 SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck Japanime Japanime grudge grudge

Ralph Trinity

HikrRnEQKy1UQyVfBoU4ER2uYei9aQKEtMuuYXLCsMJ7tVNb7A8OjI5NOyPubwoOy_F0oKOZMIb7FQu9lBUuoyMtrjc
Ralph munched on an apple that he’d stolen as he strolled through Anzen’s Marketplace, sharp eyes casually gliding around for something worth stealing. Anzen Island was a safe place for thieves and swindler himself, but it was little boring as well. The boy sighed loudly. Little coins and trinkets here and there weren’t enough to prove him a master thief. Yet that was all he was getting from the residents of Anzen. Ralph needed a bigger heist. Something big enough that it would blow Jack’s socks off and make the smug man admit that he was a worthy thief.

Not just a worthy thief though. A master thief. That had been the plan when he left Clockwork Island two years ago.

Ralph had honed his skills since then. He could tell the easy pickings from the difficult ones. Half-naked, blue haired over there was definitely an easy one. Ralph could hear the jingle of coins with every energetic step the young leader took. It normally wasn’t a good idea to try and steal from groups, as the more eyes there were the greater the chance of being caught, but a bit of challenge made things all the more interesting.

More fun than trying to nab from Mr. Oblivious alone at least.

Taking a final bite of the apple, Ralph tossed the core on the ground and made his casual approach, eyes averted from the target. People always tended to follow the eyes and rule number one of a successful theft was to not make his interest obvious. Rule number two was to keep an eye on his surroundings and blend in, following the crowd. Rule number three was to never act without a distraction. And rule number four, of course, was quick fingers. Bumping into the target was a great distraction for beginners and those whose hands weren’t fast enough, but it made the thief’s identity too obvious according to Jack.

Ralph wasn’t stealing because he needed money (though he didn’t have money that wasn’t stolen). He did it to prove he was a skilled thief. Therefore, Ralph wouldn’t use such obvious tactics for distraction. He had to watch for it. The moment all eyes were distracted. The best moment to act. Fishy girl's attention was taken away by the candy stall. Everyone was looking at the pretty lady as she introduced herself. Now! As his small form passed by Blue-haired, Ralph’s dexterous hand slipped in and out without so much as touching cloth. Perfect! Assured that no one had seen his act of thievery, Ralph glanced down at his heist—a handful of coins—and started to walk away.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock shadowdude505 shadowdude505 CelticHero37 CelticHero37 SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck Japanime Japanime grudge grudge

Last edited:
Iris Daphne Tsumire
c973e0a1349a95835d61f6f5728e6a29.jpg
Iris found herself very caught off guard when their conversation became so focused on her mentor and on her injuries. It wasn’t at all what she had anticipated, but once she became aware that her new companion was a doctor, it all started to make more sense. A doctor would also be nice to have on a crew. While she didn’t plan on getting injured anytime soon, she would not have been surprised if Ringo got himself into trouble at the first opportunity presented. Actually, Ringo seemed like he wouldn’t even wait for trouble to come to him; rather, he would seek it out himself. Now that she considered the possibility, she imagined Ruva would be pretty busy once their crew was fully established.

“In my experience, any type of person can be good or bad. That includes pirates, marines, merchants, wanderers… anyone really. Some pirates are going to be exactly as you imagined they were, and some are going to be like myself and Ringo,” Iris explained. “Ringo doesn’t seem bad and I don’t think anyone would perceive me as a bad person, but I suppose you never know.” She shrugged her shoulders as though she didn’t know where to further allow the thought to wander. As far as she was concerned, the thought had done what it was meant to do. “We’d love to have someone with your skills on the crew, though. While Ringo doesn’t seem like a bad guy in the slightest, he’s definitely the type to be reckless and get himself into trouble. I foresee your skills being needed sooner rather than later.”

Picking up her head, she was about to start leading their two newest crewmates back to Ringo’s ship to show them around. However, she didn’t get that far before she saw Ringo doing jumping jacks on the opposite end of the docks like some silly monkey with no manners. It brought a huff of exacerbation from her before she swallowed her pride and waved back in his direction. He was her captain, after all, and she’d chosen that life for herself.

“Actually, that’d be him,” she gestured in his direction so that Brinley and Ruva could see him. “That’s Captain Ringo Kiritu. He’s a little rambunctious, but I think he’ll be a keeper. I suppose if either of you want to go join the gaggle of gallopers he’s collecting, that’d be fine. There’s probably food in it or something along those lines. Otherwise, I am heading back to the ship if either of you want to come with me.” The choice was ultimately up to each of them individually.

Japanime Japanime grudge grudge

Interactions: Lady Warlock Lady Warlock shadowdude505 shadowdude505
Mentions: Everyone probably heard this dude scream lmao

As the taller woman began to explain to him how people's morality had constant fluidity, he pulled his arms into an over-the-top thinking pose, crossing his arms while resting a hand on his chin while his brows furrowed in uncertainty. It was almost as though the concept of being ethically gray was entirely new to him. "So...some people can be good or bad...even marines or merchants!?" Ruva's eyes widened as Iris's explanation 'clicked' with him, his head darting over to look at the merchants running the various stalls at the pier. His imagination slowly began to twist the image, picturing the butcher chopping meat covered in blood with a mad smile, the woman selling produce as an old witch with all her fruits and veggies having skulls on them, giving off a poisonous aura. Ruva took a step back at the scene he had made up totally in his own brain, sweat dripping down his face, "P-People at sea are terrifying. Maybe I should just go back home…" He hushedly said to himself.

However, once again, before his mind could wander off too far, he was brought back by Iris' assertion of the usefulness of his capabilities. His face was darkened as he slowly rolled over to face her, only to gaze up with a brilliant smile on his face and a light blush on his cheeks as he rubbed the underside of his nose with his index finger smugly. "Peheheh! Of course, my skills are useful. I'm a terrific doctor, after all! But, don't think you saying that makes me happy, ya hag!" He spoke, his cheery tone and gleam in his eyes not fooling anyone of how exuberant he was at her words. Then, a distant shout pulled him out of his arrogant daze, his eyes wandering across to identify the source. His eyes concentrated on a man who looked slightly older than him with vivid blue hair. He seemed to be undertaking some kind of exercise to gain attention. However, everything else met the mental barrier that was Ruva's focus once his eyes landed on one of the people adjacent to the pirate. Ruva's eyes flashed open as he assumed a wide stance, putting all of his mass into the action of pointing across the pier.

"F-F-F-F-FISSSSHHH PERSONNNN!?!?!” He cried out like a maniac, pointing directly at Cait. Then, in a blink, he was gone, running with speed he never shown while he was being chased through the town to race to the other side of the dock, his only focus was on approaching the fish girl. Once he was close enough to the other side of the pier, he took a great dive across, the weight of his landing causing the wood to groan as his head snapped up to stare directly at Cait, a wide smile on his features as he began to chuckle ominously. Internally, Ruva was amazed witnessing a fishman; he'd never even heard of such. But, seeing someone bolt at you with a smile and a sinister chuckle would definitely be less than welcoming to most people.

4pWa7Q2.jpg
~Davina McKay~

Davina wasn't excited to have to stay on this island, it seemed less exciting than living on the ship with the captain and the whole crew, but while she watch as someone rush past her shouting about a fishman, which wasn't all that interesting to her. At least the idea being so excited to see a fish man. A few of the crew were fishmen so it didn't seem all that exciting to her.. But she supposed for someone who hadn't seen one before it could be interesting, he the man's excitement made her smile and shake her head slowly as she walk further away into the nearby town. Davina wanted to get familiar with the town, considering she didn't know much about the place. At first glance, it was certainly a welcoming place and had all the regular things one would expect to find in a town. Shops, taverns, food stalls... People.

So she continue further into the town, making sure to tuck the coin purse given to her underneath all the tools in her tool pouch.
"Can't be too trusting." She said aloud the herself as she continue into the town. Davina wasn't sure where to go first, seeing as this was really the first time she'd been on her own in quite some time, at little over a decade since she'd been found by Hardwin. Now, Davina was a little excited, when she thought about being on her own with the gift of gold coins from Hardwin. She could do whatever, buy, go, and eat whatever she wanted without being told no! She'd miss the crew and Hardwin for sure.. But she was a girl on her own now!

"Well, now I don't know what to do with myself!"
Davina said, now excited to be on this island. Where would she go first? Would she find some fruit or maybe try out the local food? Maybe take a look at the clothing they sold here? Davina shook her head, she liked what she wore. Sure it was a bit much for what someone for her age, but she liked it. Her stomach grumbled and Davina put her hand upon it. Well, it was decided! She'd find the local eatery and enjoy herself eating something new. Sure, the cook on the ship always tried to surprise them with new food, but there was only so much that one could do on a ship with such a small kitchen. Quickening her walk, she searched the town of Anzen. In all honesty, Davina had cheered up from what had happened not too long ago. It would always be in the back of her mind, but Davina wouldn't let if affect her mood. No, she had to be the bright, cheerful, and sometimes infectiously fun person who made friends all to easily!

Passing people on her way to find a good meal, following her nose to the best of her abilities, she stopped before what appeared to either be a pub or a diner. She hadn't really seen either or, and couldn't tell from outside it either. It didn't sound TOO boisterous from where she stood, she'd have to head inside to find out of course. Nodding, she made her way inside, and shouted as she enter
"Whaddya got to eat here?! I hope it's good, cuz I'm starving!" Grinning to herself. her hands balled into little fists that rest on her hips.
((Mentioned: grudge grudge ))

Last edited:
Brinley Smith

Screenshot 2021-05-19 085339.png Brinley had been rather quiet throughout the trio's whole interaction. He opted not to speak much but instead observe and listen to his new crewmates. He agreed with Iris when she explained how anybody could be good or bad. You would never know unless, well, you got to know them. At that moment, a very brief image of his father flashed in his mind but his thoughts were cut off by Iris pointing out their captain.

"Huh?" Brinley looked up to see a young blue-haired boy seemingly exercising. "Why's he-" Not too far from their new captain stood a fishman. An actual fishman. Brinley had always wondered what it would be like to eat fishman. He wondered if it would taste the same as regular fish or even better.

All different kinds of thoughts and ideas about cooking seafood raced through his mind. It all showed in his face as his eyes comically grew larger and his face lit up like a little kid. "FISSSSHHH PERSONNNN!?!?!” It seemed he wasn't the only one interested as both him and the smaller boy next to him yelled out simultaneously. Like clones, they both immediately disappeared from their initial spots at the same time and raced to the fishman. Ruva moved faster than Brinley so he arrived a few moments later.

Upon Brinley's arrival his eyes locked on to the fishman. Like a predator that just found it's prey, drool fell from his mouth and he neared closer and closer.

Interaction: grudge grudge shadowdude505 shadowdude505
Mention: Lady Warlock Lady Warlock grudge grudge shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Cait Merlin & Mai Hanashi
dejznc9-fcaea92c-83b5-44d2-99b2-04d566def37b.jpg
She had just asked Ringo for the lollipop, when she heard people shouting about a fish person. Was there another one on the island somewhere? No; they were talking about her.

She looked down at Ruva, giving him a curious look. Once he smiled at her, she smiled a friendly shark-toothed grin back. Her happy expression didn't last long though. At the sight of a hungry Brinley, her expression became more fearful. "Not again!.."

Cait quickly dashed behind Mai. She was pretty and seemed kind, but most importantly, she was taller than her. Cait peaked out from behind Mai, showing Brinley her pouty face. "D..don't even think about biting me! I may take after my mom, but I'm only half fishman; that makes biting me half cannibalism!" Wait...what if he was a cambial? "I taste yucky! Really yucky! The yuckiest yuck ever! If you're hungry, there are tastier things on the stalls!"

"Ara Ara," Mai sighed softly, placing a hand on Cait's shoulder.

"Don't step any closer, you're scaring the poor girl," she said rather sternly to Brinley. "Don't you know it's creepy to look at someone like you're about to devour them? Especially the fairer sex." She hoped her words would knock some sense into the burly man. If a fight was going to break out here and now, all she could really do was protect the girl with her Devil Fruit powered body, leaving the real fighting to her new crewmates.

Interacted: Japanime Japanime grudge grudge
Nearby: Lady Warlock Lady Warlock CelticHero37 CelticHero37 QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Ringo Kiritu
217-2174730_cute-anime-guys-hot-anime-boy-anime-sexy.png
Although he was indeed very excited to get to know all the new members of his crew and familiarize himself with all the wonderful and awesome things about them, Ringo found his attention often shifted back to those he was most familiar with first and foremost. Maybe it was because they happened to be the most interesting, but maybe it was because they also seemed to have the best understanding of how to easily get his attention. “Ooh!” he proclaimed when Cait pointed to a lollipop. “That does look yummy. We’ll need to get at least three of them, yes?” Briefly, he glanced around to see if anyone else had found anything that they wanted from any of the food stalls yet, because if they liked something specific, then he definitely also wanted to try it. He needed to make sure his crew had good taste, after all.

As Ringo’s gaze surveyed his little gathering of prospective crewmates, he saw a smaller figure walking away from him. Completely oblivious to the fact that the boy had stolen food from him, the captain called out for another reason. “Hey you! Are you joining the crew too!? We’re gonna be pirates and we’re gonna find the One Piece and we’re going to sail the seas like a giant family! Oh… and we’re gonna find the One Piece!” He remembered that that had been the main motivation he’d shared in the pub so he wanted to stick to it. After all, real pirates would be more interested in treasure than in family, although he hoped he could change each and every one of their minds with a little bit of work. “I didn’t see you, but we’ve got lots of tall people here so… eh. It happens. You’re joining us, right!?” There wasn’t a doubt in his mind that the kid would say no. Then again, Ringo was more than a little naive and immature.

Just as quickly as his eyes had spotted the younger boy, Ringo’s focus shifted back to the slippery pretty lady. “Hi Mai! I’m Ringo! Captain Ringo Kiritu! You’re slippery, you know that!?” he remarked, seemingly oblivious to how odd it sounded to say that. He’d also completely forgotten that he’d already introduced himself to her.

Details. Details. They weren’t important.

His attention shifted as he tried to figure out what ought to happen next. People really needed to figure out more food stuffs that they wanted. “Is Cait the only one who wants food? I’m offering food!” He tried to rally his crew around a focus he thought everyone would agree with. However, it was quickly becoming apparent that not everyone was as food focused as he was. Ringo’s eyes shifted rapidly, trying to figure out what to do next. They had enough people so they could set sail, but he really imagined they needed to have some food on the ship.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Japanime Japanime grudge grudge CelticHero37 CelticHero37 SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Interact/Mention: shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Japanime Japanime

While Ruva came sliding to a stop in front of the fishwoman, he scanned over her walking in place excitedly as a number of thoughts flashed through his head.
"What hue is your blood?"
"How many organs do you have?"
"Can you recover missing limbs?"
Completely innocent inquiries.

However, before he could get a word out, Cait's expression suddenly shifted, prompting Ruva to peek over his shoulder, seeing Brinley with an expression of a savage beast who had just cornered a meal. His hair stood on end as a surge of horror rushed through him, prompting him to immediately follow Cait, joining her in cowering behind Mai as well. "Don't bite me either! Cannibalism is a felony, y'know!? I don't imagine human meat tastes that good—" He paused, resting a palm on his chin as he contemplated it a bit, "Maybe it does taste delicious, I've never tried it." He mulled over the taste of human flesh nonchalantly before snapping back to the problem at hand, "Ah! But biting someone is horrible! I'd have to heal them if you did that!" He realized, pointing at Brimley, "Don't worry if you gotta bite someone! I can patch them right up afterward!" He said, his pointing finger changing into a thumbs-up, complexly glazing over the core issue of devouring others.

4pWa7Q2.jpg
~~Davina Mckay~~

Ignoring that everyone just stare at this stranger who was in a way dressed like someone who belonged to the navy, although a bit more skimpy than the usual navy would dress, but she simply shrugged and made her way to the front of the restaurant and took a seat at the front. Davina took a look around and twisted her mouth in thought. Everything had a different smell to it. No smell of salt water, no constant smell of sweat, no smell of wood soaked in salt water. It didn't bother her at all, only made her a tick homesick. Quickly ignoring those thoughts, she didn't want to break down right here in a restaurant that no one knew her or would comfort her for that matter. No, she only wanted to fill her stomach with some tasty food that she, hopefully, hadn't tried. Looking at the person that approached her tentatively Davina smiled up to the female and spoke, once again in her overly and unnecessarily loud voice.

"Hullo there!" She said with a large smile wore on her face. "Do you have.. mayhaps... have a house special? I sure am hungry!"

The woman stare at her, wincing at Davina's loud voice. She responded with a few meals they had. The typical fish foods, which made sense for an island in the middle of nowhere. Sighing loudly, Davina had hoped to try something new. While she loved and enjoyed fish, she'd kinda grew tired of the taste as well. At the sigh, the woman mentioned some food that Davina had never heard of. She immediately interrupted server.

"CURRY!? What's curry! I'll have like... Three of those! Sounds like it's yummy!" She said with a wolfish grin, nearly drooling at the aspect of eating something new.

The woman nodded and went to let the cook know about the order that Davina had made. Davina was almost too excited to try this thing called curry. She honestly didn't care if it did have first in it, it was something she'd never heard of nor tried. And that excited her. As she waited she slapped her hands to a tune that the sailors used to sing back on the ship... That was until Hardwin scolded them, letting them know that song was inappropriate for a child and for a female. She didn't understand that, and when he'd left she encouraged them to sing it again, which they usually did. She liked the tune of the song even if she didn't fully understand some of the lyrics in said song. Most of it made her laugh, and she hummed the turn of the song as she tapped the table. The tune of 'What do we do with a drunken sailor'

Sure, the song made her think of better days, but it also made her smile. Davina was getting slightly impatient, but had to remind herself that she had ordered three servings of curry so it was going to take a while for the food to reach her. The sailors always wondered how she was able to each such large portions, sometimes even out eating them, and yet stayed so skinny! It bewildered them! She would just usually shrug her shoulders and continue to eat, which would make them all laugh. Then the first portion of curry, a bowl of greenish looking soup with bits of meat in it, reached her table. Eyes widened as she stare at the new food before her.

"Holy cow! This looks n' smells delicious! Thanks ma'am!"

Grabbing a near by fork, she immediately began to stuff her face like someone who hadn't eaten in week would. The smacking of her lips, the voraciousness of the sound of her eating would more than likely turn the stomachs of the patrons around her, and normally Hardwin would rap her on the head with a wooden spoon for eating like that, but currently she didn't care. This was something new to her, and there weren't too many people in the room anyhow. So manners didn't mean a whole lot to her at the moment.

Brinley Smith

Screenshot 2021-05-19 085339.png "Half fishman? Half cannibalism..?"

Brinley fixed his posture and wiped the drool from his mouth. It had seemed like hearing she was half human had knocked some sense into him. He stood and pondered for a moment. Suddenly his face deformed into a face of pure savagery.

"Which half is it?! Left?! Right?! Up?! Down?!"

The heathen had completely disregarded the fact she was half human. Blinded by the desire to taste fishman he had lost nearly all logic and reason. The woman Cait hid behind spoke up, warning Brinley. He seemed to heed what she said as he backed up and regained his composure. Considering all that had just transpired, he couldn't help but feel embarrassed. Brinley cleared his throat and changed the subject in an attempt to discard his earlier foolishness.

"Really? I thought the ladies liked it when you looked at them like that."

Haha... Surely he was being sarcastic. Surely he was joking. Right?

No.

Brinley was actually serious. He stood there, pinching his chin in thought. It was like he was making an extremely important decision. He actually was deeply considering if looking at women that way was right or wrong. A familiar male voice grabbed his attention. Finally glancing up, Brinley noticed Ruva was also hiding behind the girl.

"Relax! I'm not gonna bite anybody. Yet..."

The last part he mumbled as a light joke. The hunky man ran his fingers through his hair.

"The name's Brinley. I'm a cook and a swordsman. I'm part of..."

He froze.

He was going to mention what pirate crew he had just joined but was drawing a blank on the name. Was there even a name? Had he forgotten or something? Darn. Brinley accepted it and casually finished his sentence at "of". Instead of making things any more awkward he just gave a charming smile.

grudge grudge Lady Warlock Lady Warlock shadowdude505 shadowdude505

full

“Don’t encourage him,” Cait said to Ruva, directing her pouty face at him.

Just as it seemed like Brinley was done trying to bite her, he became intense again. She ducked back behind Mai. She peaked out again when she thought it was safe.

Mai pulled out her fan out of her sleeve and unfurled it in front of her face. “I’m sure some girls like it, but good luck using it on a woman with class,” she told the cook. She dramatically stuck up her nose. “Lose the drool…It would help a lot.”

Once she was sure that Cait had nothing to worry about, she turned her attention to the fishgirl.

“Why don’t you put your stuff down on my cart and take a seat,” she said with a soft smile.

Cait smiled and giggled as she walked over to Mai’s cart. She sat down on top of the trunk and gave Brinley one last wary look before getting comfortable.

Mai walked back over carrying three lollipops, her money bag jingled pathetically; her fan no tucked away. She smiled as she handed one to Cait.

“Thank you,” Cait said politely, before she started to suck on it.

Mai walked over to Ringo, handing the other two lollipops to him.

“So you noticed? Ever hear about Devil Fruits?” she asked with a smile. “As far as food goes, I’d love some grub, as the locals say. It’s not food I’m used to, but everything looks delicious…why don’t you pick something out for me, Captain.”

“Captain,” Cait said with her mouth full of lollipop. “Iz he pard of the cwoo?” she asked, pointing at the cook. “What iz arr piwate name?”

Interacted: grudge grudge Japanime Japanime Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

~~Davina Mckay~~

Sighing loudly as she finished all the bowls of curry she'd ordered, Davina pushed herself up from the table and handed her payment to the woman in waiting. "Oh boy, that! Was a delicious meal. Although I've gotta tell ya'!" She said rapping her fist on the table she'd be sitting at. "Ya'll might want to consider replacing the wood fairly soon. It's beautiful wood, and finely crafted, but the sea air is slowly making it weaker and soon enough it'll just fall apart. I doubt ya' want tha to happen to a customer." She said with a grin, patting the server on the shoulder. Davina then made her way out of the restaurant, patting her stomach happily. She was very satisfied with that thing they had called 'curry'. It had a nice spice to it, and the meat and potatoes they had picked out went perfectly with it. She'd be back for sure. Before that though, she'd have to find a place to stay or some work to keep her pockets filled with cash.

She then noticed a group, a boisterous one at that, in a loose circle around each other, making what seemed like a bit of a scene. She did miss that fun, loudness that took place back on Hardwin's ship. That and she was a stranger to this island and would need some kind of friends, why not them?! Davina approached the group, but stayed back a small distance, listening in on their conversation. Davina wanted to know who they were and what kind of people they were as well. She didn't want to jump right in, particularly since it seemed like one of them wanted to eat someone? That made her tip her head to the side and furrow her brow in confusion. Were their actually people who ate other people? That sounded like it would be a horrible thing to do. Then the lady dressed in fine fashion, although Davina believed she looked better!

And Finally the last person who caught her attention was a man with, what looked like, the sticks of lollipops protruding from his mouth as he attempted to speak around them. That made her smile as Davina watch the goofy man attempt to speak to... someone. She couldn't tell from here, but it seemed to her that they were comfortable being like that, so she decided to do her thing. She approached the group and with her loud, uncaring voice she spoke
"Hello everyone! If you couldn't tell, I'm new to this town! Looking for some friends, and maybe to learn how to make some money.I told the lady back at the restaurant that she needed to change out the wood, and I used to take care and maintain ships so I know what I'm talking about, so that'd be a quick buck... But after that.." She said, shrugging and putting her hand on her hips. "Well, that wont keep my pockets full of coins, ya know? So, i figured that I'd make some friends! Seems like you're all from this town, or at the very least know more about it than I do... So, how 'bout it!" She said, grinning largely as she watch all of them, hoping she'd gotten their attention... Although she was sure of that, She was Davina, and no one could ignore her boisterousness!

(( Lady Warlock Lady Warlock || shadowdude505 shadowdude505 || Japanime Japanime || grudge grudge || SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck || QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel ))

Last edited:
vux11hjo7lw11-gif.525423

Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivruski IV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The response Ed had gotten for her question certainly wasn't what she had expected, but it did bring a smile to her face. A smug expression stared back at Ringo for a moment. As the group started to interact with the others around, Ed stated in a silly manner to herself, "I am thee captain now. Geeheehee." However, not long after this, Ed's attention turned to the new people that had apparently joined their group. Ringo started talking to a girl in the group as if he knew her. From this point, Ed grew quiet for a short time. The lady in front of her seemed fairly human, but Ed's nose told her otherwise. Ed's eyes squinted as she sniffed in the air -- the scent was so clear that she knew her senses weren't playing tricks on her. This Iris -- as Ringo had referred to her -- seemed to be a fishy lady as well. However, unlike Cait, there was nothing fishy about Iris's appearance. This intrigued Ed. She wasn't sure what it meant, but she had a few theories.

"BAAAWK! Good birdie!", commented Popeye to which Ed responded with a nod as she started speaking out the side of her mouth as if having a conversation with the bird, "Hmm? You think so, Popeye. Interesting idea. Perhaps she is the Turquoise Turtle in disguise. I was thinking she might've been one of those Siren people. I read about them somewhere... I think." As Ed was having this conversation with Popeye, quite a bit was going on. The thing that brought her back into the moment was when she heard Cait saying something in a way that clearly indicated she had something in her mouth. She would have instantly gravitated to the idea of food herself had it not been for a topic that interested her even more. A name for the pirate crew. In normal sircumstances, she would have had a lot to say at this junction. Unfortunately, as even more new people showed up and one of them mentioned being friends, Ed started seeing things. The faces of her old crew started to appear on the bodies of these new people. So instead of exploding into her normal crazy and distracting self, she instead snapped her attention to the ground and went completely silent. Part of her wanted to run, yet another part of her wouldn't let her leave. She needed to help Cait get to where she was going. All sorts of emotions started welling up inside her. Anger, fear, confusion, uncertainty, self-doubt. For the moment, these feelings stewed within her. It didn't lead toa full panic attack, but it prevented her from speaking up and being her normal self.

Iris Daphne Tsumire and Captain Ringo Kiritu
c973e0a1349a95835d61f6f5728e6a29.jpg
Iris was a bit taken aback when Ruva called her an old hag, but she didn’t verbally respond to it because she wasn’t sure it would be worth her time. She knew that Ruva possessed the exact personality that Ringo would decide was worth keeping around so she wasn’t going to make her own life miserable by making an enemy of them that much more quickly. Chances were that they would have better things to fight about later on in life if they lived long enough.

Although she had meant to go back to the ship and stay out of whatever nonsense Ringo was planning to get into with all the new friends he seemed to have accumulated already in their brief time in this city, Iris saw that both Ruva and Brinley seemed to decide it was a better option to join the rest of the crew in their adventures. Normally, she would’ve been fine with that, but for some silly reason, on this particular morning, Iris didn’t exactly want to chill on the ship by herself. It would likely mean more nonsense than she was prepared to handle, but Iris followed the two she had recruited and was soon in the midst of the crew as they perused the market for foods and other goods that were presumably needed for a journey like the one they prepared to undertake.

Seeing the expression Brinley had adopted and directed towards the fishwoman, Iris decided the crew needed another demonstration of her strength and in a very controlled movement, Iris swung her large mallet so that it ever so lightly tapped the cook on the top of the head. “No. Women do not like being looked at that way. We are not food. And if you find us pretty, you can tell us. Staring is not a replacement for a compliment because most of the time, it's just creepy. Right, Ringo?” Iris turned to her captain briefly, hoping he would verify the truth in her statement as she knew everyone was more likely to believe a captain as opposed to someone who had no real role on the ship. Yes, she was the first crew member, but to Iris, that didn’t mean much.

However, when Iris looked towards Ringo, after swinging her mallet back into an upright position, he was still busy focusing on a small boy who seemed to be moving away from the situation. Iris watched it all unfold until the boy - unbeknownst to her known as Ralph Trinity - seemed to vanish into the crowds without having heard any of Ringo’s invitation that had been extended to them. Reaching out her arm, she roughly shook the shoulder of the blue haired captain until he turned and looked in her direction. “What was that, Iris? I got distracted.”

“Of course you did, genius. Do you even know who is on the crew and who isn’t at this point?”

Ringo’s eyes widened and he nodded fiercely. “Of course I do! We’ve got Cait! She’s gonna be a cabin girl. That guy is a cook. I… I dunno his name. Ed is a navigator. The bird said so. And… uhm…” Ringo’s eyes scanned the rest of their little gathering unsure of who some of the other people were. “Well, Mai is nice and I’m sure she’ll be a good addition. She had a friend, but they’re gone now apparently.” Of note, the guy who had been with Mai when they’d first been pulled into Ringo’s nonsense seemed to have found better things to do. Since Ringo knew nothing about the man, he didn’t imagine they were missing out on much by losing them. “And then you had one more friend with you, right, Iris?”

He was an idiot. A pleasant, friendly, goofy idiot and Iris was getting ready to follow him out to sea. Oh goodness gracious. “Yes. Ruva claims to be a doctor.”

“Ooh! Doctors are good!” Ringo nodded in agreement. “And then that loud lady said she fixes things!”

Iris briefly turned to look at a newcomer who seemed to have decided they were an appropriate group to start screaming at. Though she only heard bits and pieces, she already had a few objections. “Your eyes deceive you. We are not from here. We were actually getting ready to leave. If you’d like to come with us, I think that was Captain Ringo’s way of inviting you, but know that we already have one big mouth. We don’t need a second.” Sighing, Iris made her way over to the two other women in the group and finally spoke to them. “I’m Iris,” she introduced herself to Mai and Cait. “Please tell me the two of you have more brains than our sausage captain.”

Meanwhile, Ringo made his way towards the newest one - Davina. “Iris is cranky sometimes, but she’s kind of awesome too. Just don’t yell too loud and she doesn’t bite. Oh, and don’t follow her into the water. That’s when she gets really scary.” Not that Ringo could, but he had apparently tried at one point only to remember that he couldn’t swim.

“Goldflower Pirate Crewmates!” Ringo finally shouted. “Let’s go to the ship!” Leading the way, he neglected to notice or care about his slightly lighter pockets or the fact that he didn’t really buy food for the journey they were about to depart on. None of it mattered to him - only family.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Japanime Japanime grudge grudge CelticHero37 CelticHero37 BabyBundt BabyBundt

"Woah!" Cait exclaimed after Iris hit Brinley with her mallet. She accidentally bit through the lollipop stick; it wasn't the first time something like that had happened to her, but it was disappointing just the same. She poutily stared at the stick and started to chomp her shark teeth on the lollipop; eating it faster than she originally wanted to.

Mai had tried to hand the other lollipops to Ringo, but it seemed like he wasn't paying attention to her. He didn't even acknowledge that she had asked him to pick out a food dish for her. She softly chuckled and walked back to her cart, handing the remaining two lollipops to Cait.

"I...guess...," Cait replied to Iris. She didn't feel particularly smart, but she didn't think she was as airheaded as the captain. "I'm Cait." Iris could probably guess who-was-who since there were only two other females on the crew, but introducing yourself was the polite thing to do.

"I'm more brain than brawn. Where I'm from didn't allow women to fight...unfortunately," Mai replied. Out in the world, it seemed like fighting skills would come in handy. Luckily her Devil Fruit protected her from most harmful things.

"Nice work back there,"
she complimented Iris. "Name's Mai."

"No hard feelings,"
she added to Brinley. "If you ever need an assistant in the kitchen, don't hesitate to ask."

Both females directed their attention toward Ringo as he called out what sounded like their crew name. It looked like they were heading to the ship now. Mai started to push her cart, letting Cait ride on it.

Cait eyed the last two lollipops; she was tempted to eat at least one of them after her earlier lollipop mishap. Maybe it would be better if she shared.

"Anyone want one of the lollipops? There are two left." the fishgirl asked.

As she waited for any takers, she turned toward Iris. "Why can't we follow you toward the water? Do you like to swim alone?" she asked with child-like curiosity. She loved to swim herself. It would be nice to have a swimming buddy; maybe Iris would make an exception?

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Japanime Japanime grudge grudge CelticHero37 CelticHero37 BabyBundt BabyBundt

Last edited:
Hearing that Brinley didn't plan on actually taking a chunk out of Cait, Ruva softly clicked his teeth, a dark expression on his face. He was looking forward to showing off his medical expertise. However, he instantly turned back to normal at the topic of what the pirate crew's name actually was. He hadn't considered it before, but that was a pretty crucial component of being on a pirate crew. He massaged his chin, hoping whatever the crew's name was, it would be one that was cool. "If I was the commander of a pirate gang I'd probably name it...The Crimson Bloodletters or something," He freely thought, offering such an evil-sounding name with a straight face. However, suddenly the loud booming voice of a woman took his attention away from his thoughts. Ruva didn't really pay attention to what she said, instead focusing on how loud she was now being. "Oiii! Guards!" He cried out, being ironically louder than her, "There's someone over here disrupting the peace!" He said while pointing at Davina from over his shoulder. Then, comprehension hit him, "Ah, wait. We're pirates!" He said with a horrified expression on his face, "Nevermind" He shouted out again, still entirely clueless to the society of this island.

Ruva gave a blank expression, finally giving the time to pay attention to everyone who had congregated in this one area. Many various people with varying appearances, Ruva felt like all of them stuck out like a sore thumb, but it made him want to get acquainted with everyone. He wasn't sure where to start, as he hopped up and down, trying to figure out who to approach. His ear perked up as he heard Iris comment on his 'alleged' doctor credentials; he turned over to her, pointing at her accusingly. "Oi! What do you mean 'claims'? I am a doctor! A terrific doctor! How about you drop that mallet on your toes or something, idiot!" He obnoxiously shouted towards her, evidently taking offense to Iris being doubtful of him being a doctor. However, his fury suddenly disappeared as swiftly as it came when Cait brought up the lollipops. In the brief moment that she was distracted, talking to Iris, Ruva appeared in front of her, taking a clean bite of both lollipops, removing his mouth to reveal them entirely gone, along with the upper ends of the sticks. Ruva hopped off the cart carelessly, loudly munching on the sweets. "Thanks for the snack," He murmured through his full lips, then raised his fist up into the air. "Let's go go Goldflower Pirates!" He exclaimed, suddenly picking up Ringo's eagerness as he followed behind him towards the ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back