• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
O
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Ringo Kiritu leads the Goldflower Pirates throughout adventures in Paradise and beyond. Though the One Piece seems like the obvious end in sight, there's more to it than that. Ringo wants a family and he's determined to form one through the members of his crew by helping each and every one of them achieve their hopes and dreams. In the end, his dream will be real as well.

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
One Piece: Crew of Dreams
Our story begins on an island called Anzen. It’s an island free of marine involvement and intervention which also means they are unable to call on the marines for help if something goes terribly horribly wrong. This has never been a problem for the islanders, though, who make a living by helping wanderers, wayfarers, refugees and escapees start new lives for themselves; they forge new identities for anyone who needs it with very few questions asked. This is also where Ringo Kiritu has decided to recruit for his crew of pirates because surely joining his crew would be at least as good as starting a new life. It basically would be a new life, after all.

Each person comes with their own baggage, their own pasts and their own aspirations for the future. Ringo Kiritu is well equipped to assist with all of them in hopes of fulfilling his grandfather’s last wishes - for him to create a family of his own on the ship his grandfather found happiness. Be prepared for nonsense, joy, insanity and much more on board a ship with the Goldflower Pirates.

Please do not post here yet. This is a filler post to hold the thread so that the threadmark index can be created to link all the threads together for the roleplay. If you are interested in joining, please feel free to submit a Pirate Application or ask questions on the Ship’s Deck (OOC). Don’t worry, you can come aboard soon, and bring along all your hopes and dreams!

Ringo Kiritu
Portrait_expansive_cove.png

217-2174730_cute-anime-guys-hot-anime-boy-anime-sexy.png
A young man took a deep breath as he stepped onto the docks in Anzen, having passed through all the security protocols the island had to offer. A surprising amount of effort went into ensuring that there was no marine presence on the island and it made sense that they put an effort into such a thing. After all, their prime customers were those working to escape the heavily militarized organization. Though most didn’t know it, the security protocols did more than that, though. Their efforts also ensured that no one seeking to cause trouble landed on the island. Everyone there had a purpose that was somewhat sincere.

That included Ringo Kiritu, recently self-declared captain of the Goldenflower Pirates. He only had one crew member to his name, and she’d told him countless times that she wasn’t going to stay with him if she had to primarily help him man the ship to move it from place to place, but that was why they were in Anzen. That same individual had suggested this might be a good spot to scrounge up a crew. Having never heard of the place himself, Ringo had decided it was worth a shot. After all, a crew was what he wanted. Well, no. It was the first step in what he wanted.

Iris had already wandered off on her own and Ringo didn’t precisely know where to, but he did trust that she would be back. Maybe she would even bring some new souls along with her. He certainly imagined her vivacious soul would draw some attention even if she wasn’t precisely showing off what she was, so there was hope there. The mere thought sparked competition in his mind, though. He could be charismatic, too, and if he was going to be captain, he had to be. Ringo set it in his mind then and there that he needed to recruit more crew members than Iris would so that more of the crew was loyal to him than they would be to her. It seemed like it would be a fun game to play.

With that in mind, Ringo rolled up the edges of his shirt before sliding it off his head entirely and tossing it back onto the deck. He wouldn’t need it where he was going because against many of his more prominent urges, he knew the best place to go to find more members of a crew. Ringo was headed to the tavern. Even Anzen had one. Actually, it only had one.

Dragon’s Mug. That was the name of the pub. It wasn’t entirely clever and neither was it too creative, but it served alcohol and was also apparently where agents of Anzen would meet with new clients sometimes. It was a comfortable place for refugees to be, the environment was familiar, and people were often too rowdy for anyone to really overhear anyone else’s business. It made sense given all that information. Ringo wouldn’t argue. Instead, he walked right up to the bartender. “Excuse me, Sir,” he got the man’s attention. “I’m looking to recruit for a pirate crew. Any chance you could help me out?”

“First thing oughtta be a barrel ‘o rum!” the bartender boisterously offered. “Hey e’ryone! I got a barrel ‘o rum on this fellar here! He’s looking to recruit for an adventure! Come grab a pint and ‘ear him out!”

Although Ringo began to interrupt and decline the man’s suggestion he buy a full barrel of rum, he heard some rousing cheer from the pub-goers and it dawned on him that the man really was helping him out more than he’d anticipated he would. Sure, Ringo wasn’t a fan of alcohol in the slightest, but he knew it was a centerpiece of pirate culture and he couldn’t guarantee that his crew wouldn’t enjoy it’s wiles from time to time. He just needed to make sure it didn’t get excessive. Looking at everyone who eyed him expectantly, Ringo said, “Uh… yeah! Sure! What he said! Name’s Ringo, and I’m looking to be one of the finest pirate captains sailing the seas, just like Salazar Kiritu!” Some would know the name because his grandfather had been a prime rival to one of the four pirate emperors once upon a time.

Then Ringo realized he didn’t know what to offer from there. He wanted a family, but would these guys really leap at that? He doubted it. In fact, now that he thought about it, it sounded very silly. He needed something else. “And… uh… we’re gonna go on an adventure for sure! We’re gonna set sail to find the One Piece!” Without thinking, the words just spewed out of him and then he couldn’t take them back no matter how much he might have wanted to. The One Piece was a legendary treasure for sure, but so many had died trying to find it and Ringo wasn’t out to get himself killed. However, it certainly would be a journey to be sure, plenty of time to have the family his grandfather often spoke of. Maybe, just maybe, it would work.

Sincere as sincere could be, a smile was plastered on his face as he chuckled, curious if anyone would buy into his proposal.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 grudge grudge SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Cait Merlin

dejznc9-fcaea92c-83b5-44d2-99b2-04d566def37b.jpg
Cait had enjoyed the ride to Anzen as much as she could; spending it alone and occasionally feeling glares coming her way. Why couldn't more people be open minded like her father? She wasn't even doing anything.

The ocean could only distract her for so long. Finally able to leave the passenger ship, Cait lugged around a backpack with clothes and hygiene products, and her guitar in its case.

So this was Anzen? A shark-toothed grin beamed bigger and brighter on her face. She'd never been here before; she'd never been much of anywhere, just her home and her dad's fishing bout. It was an adventure!

Cait excitedly twirled as she took in the sights, but wasn't paying much attention to the people and ended up bumping into a man. Before she could say sorry, the man yelled. "Watch it, fish!" And then he was walking angrily away.

Well...she wasn't going to apologize now. With his back turned toward her, she poutily frowned and crossed her arms. She childishly stuck her tongue out at him; that would show him.

She should really be looking for a bulletin board, a town square, or maybe a pub.

Cait started to walk, this time she was careful to be aware of her surroundings. There were still some interesting things though, like a lady manning a hat stand. "Top o' the morning!" she called out, waving as she walked by.

She soon found herself in front of the tavern. The food smelled good enough...but there was also the familiar stench of alcohol. Even if she wasn't underage, she didn't see the appeal. That one sip she snuck had tasted awful and she had seen what it did to some of the people back home; turning her father into a blubbering sad person.

Cait clutched the locket around her neck, fighting back a tear. She missed her father. He should have found the note by now. Would he be mad? Maybe, but she had to do this...

"Smile," she told herself. She took a deep breath, plastered on a toothy grin, and stepped inside.

Planning her next move, she glanced around the room. Most people looked like the ruffian types. She wasn't sure how they'd react to her.

Out of all the patrons, there was one skinnier man with blue hair; no shirt, but he looked kind enough. Honestly she would have sprung at the offer of a family, but she wasn't aware of his thought process.

"The One Piece? Sounds fun!" she said cheerfully, walking up to Ringo. "An adventure like that is bound to take you to Fishman Island! There's… a friend I'd like to meet there. If you can get me there, then I promise I'll be the best cabin girl you've ever had."

She reached out a hand. "Name's Cait Merlin...oh and...would it be possible to get a juice around here?" she asked, grinning widely.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock grudge grudge SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Last edited:
The sounds of waves crashing against the seawalls accompanied the cries of seagulls. Ships sat along with the port as it bustled with the various men and women who crowded the docks, whether they were returning to ship or making their way onto the mainland. On the island of Anzen, it was a kaleidoscope of different paths of lives, whether it be people here to rest on their travels or those seeking to change their lives entirely. The island was no less colorful in the types of people that inhabited the island.

Carrying a large box over his shoulder, a burly man walked down the long plank propped up against the ship's deck. He took his time as not to lose his footing. As he finally reached the dock, he took a deep exhale in relief, as with a grunt as he crouched down to put the heavy box down next to the long plank of wood. Then, standing up and wiping the sweat off his brow, with his arm whilst blocking his eyes from the sun, the man looked towards the sea. "You're workin' pretty hard, ain't ya?" A voice said beside him as their footsteps approached. The burly man looked over, smirking as he saw the tall woman wearing a bandana. It seemed they were acquainted. He chuckled in response, "Y'know how it is. We always got a big shipment for this island," He said whilst patting the large box that stood beside him. The woman nodded her head in understanding, crossing her arms, "I'm not surprised, the fruit from your island is hard to come by anywher-,"

Just as she had begun to speak, from the deck of the ship that sat behind them, they heard a loud yell, "HE'S GETTING AWAY! GET THAT BRAT!" On reflex, they both looked back in shock, just in time to see the shadow above them. Landing on top of the huge box that sat between both sailors, a boy with spiky white hair came to a shaky landing. His eyes had bags under them as if she hadn't slept in a while. Attached to his back was a large knapsack, so filled with whatever it contained that it completely covered the teens back. "Safe..." He said under his breath as he was able to straighten his posture without falling off the box. He glanced over his shoulder as he saw his pursers rushing down to the dock to chase after him, "Ah! I gotta run!" He reminded himself, jumping down from the box onto the dock with enough force to kick the box that sat under to begin to tilt back towards the water. The stout man and bandana-wearing woman screamed in unison as they quickly rushed to hold the box up and keep it from falling while the spiky-haired boy ran past with a burst of speed, the merchants trailing behind him as they left the two to try and save the cargo themselves.

Running around the dock, the teen bumped into everyone. Even despite his best attempts to avoid them, the large bag on his back made it hard to not come in contact with anybody at such close quarters. "Sorry! My bad! Sorry about that!" He shouted out apologies but didn't attempt to slow down as the people he bumped into cursed and swore at him whilst he rushed past. Finally, reaching the top of the cobblestone steps, he turned around to take in the full sight of the dock, his eyes widening and his mouth opening slightly in awe.

"I've been stowing away on that ship so long I forgot what the sea looked like...but this is completely different! This port is way bigger than the one on Trampoli!" He yelled out in enthusiasm, spreading his arms out wide as he twisted back on the heel, looking at the rest of the island that stood in front of him. "And this island is so BIG! The sea really is something else!" The teen smirked, clenching his fists as he raised one in the air, "It starts here! I can feel it! Just ya wait you old hag! I'm gonna drag you right back home with my own two hands!"

The teen continued to stand there awestruck, filled with confidence until the voice behind him brought him back to the reality he was currently facing. "Stay right where you are!" The same aggressive voice shouted as the sounds of multiple footsteps approaching caused him to look over his shoulder. "That's right, running!" He said, nearly dodging under one of the merchant's grip as he ran down the path, blowing into the nearest crowd of people, the large bag on his back continuing to give him more trouble as he resumed bumping into people. He had no clue where exactly he was going, but one thing for sure was that losing the merchant's tailing him before he could figure out his next plan of action was a must.

Brinley Smith

Screenshot 2021-05-19 085339.png Two men stood face to face in an open road. There was a fair distance between them similar to that of a western gunfight. One of these men was Brinley. He wore a hideous frown and glared at the man across from him. The man across from him was a filthy pirate who also donned a frown and had his hand rested on the hilt of his sheathed sword.

Surrounding them was a small crowd of civilians and the mucky pirate had members of his crew in the midst too. "You should be damn ashamed of yourself for serving that trash to someone like me!" The pirate said angrily. "I should be ashamed I even served to you." Brinley answered with complete sarcasm with hopes of provoking the pirate. The pirate unsheathed his sword, fueled by rage. "Do you know who I am you shitty cook?! I gotta bounty of 470,000!!" The crowd gasped at the seemingly high bounty.

"That's cool." Brinley uttered blankly. He was completely unfazed even if it did seem like a high number. This infuriated the pirate. "I'll kill you bastard!!" The pirate charged at Brinley, his crewmates cheering him on. "You know..." The cook tightened the grip he had on his sword. "Annoying the cook..." The pirate was just upon him. Brinley quickly unsheathed his katana and slashed the pirate diagonally across the chest. Blood sprayed out of his chest as he let out a distressed bellow. "Can result in starvation." Brinley swung his sword to the side, flicking the blood off the blade and sheathing it again.

The civilians gasped while his crewmates charged forward. "Captain!!" "What'd you do to our boss?!" "Damn you, cook!" "Get 'em!!" Several men rushed at Brinley but he stood there, calm. Within moments, all of the pirates would be struck down, their blood all spattering out simultaneously as Brinley stood off to the side. He turned to the injured pirates spread out across the road. "Listen, don't insult my cooking and don't ever waste food. Got it? You buncha weak lankeys!" Just then, a large man taller than Brinley appeared behind the cook.

He loomed over the swordsman, his shadow casting a monster on the ground in front of him. "Huh?" Brinley turned to see a familiar face. "Brinley... Why the hell... WERE YOU FIGHTING AGAIN?!!" Brinley looked up at his boss with a dumb expression. "Hey, at least I wasn't inside this time." His boss rose his giant arm and swung it into Brinley's side. "YOU DUMBASS WHO CARES IF YOU WERE INSIDE OR NOT?!!" The blow sent Brinley crashing into a couple of wooden barrels.

At this point, the crowd had started dispersing. "Appar-" Brinley was cut off by his boss' big hand which had grasped his whole head. "CAN IT! YE' DARN SCOUNDREL!" His boss threw him into the middle of the road, amidst all the injured pirates. "You can't cook, and don't even think about coming back inside until you bought supplies to last us a week!!" Brinley stood up and dusted himself off. "Yeah, sure."

Interaction: Open
Mention: N/A​

Interaction: Japanime Japanime

The white-haired teen continued to rush through the streets, barreling through people as he did. His large bag chimed and clunk continuously as the contents moved around inside. He might have been seeing things, but it felt like as he ran, the number of people chasing him had increased as he continued to bump into people...Nah, probably just his imagination, he concluded. He turned another corner into an alley as he still tried to shake off his pursuers, the cat who was feeding on the scraps from the nearby dumpster hissing and climbing up the roof as he ran past it. Finally, he left the alley and went to make another turn but skidded to a stop, dust coming off his heels as he was f greeted by a dense crowd of people. They all seemed to be ogling at a scene, some seemed to have lost interest in whatever it was had begun to leave the gathering. While what they were looking at interested him, more importantly, he knew going through them would be an excellent way to increase the distance between him and the vengeful merchants.​

"I never imagined stowing away on a ship and stealing their food would be that big of a deal," He mused while he squeezed through the crowd of civilians. After a handful of apologies and bumping into people with his large medicine bag, Ruva finally reached the center of the surrounding group. He looked away from them to see what exactly they were looking at, his eyes widening as he saw what they were gawking at. The crimson of blood immediately was recognizable, which could easily be traced back to the incapacitated pirates it came from. He quickly began to rush towards one of the injured pirates, but just then-

"CAN IT! YE' DARN SCOUNDREL!" He heard someone yell from outside of his field of view, then all of a sudden, a man was flung onto the ground in front of him, causing the teen to come to a halting stop. He looked over from where the man came from, seeing someone with a giant arm, and based on his attire, and he seemed to be some chef. "You can't cook, and don't even think about coming back inside until you bought supplies to last us a week!!" The cook continued, seemingly very mad about something. Ruva's head snapped back to the tossed man in front of him. He had gotten up and dusted himself off like it was nothing. The suddenness of the whole situation had distracted him from the various pirates splayed out on the road, focusing on the seemingly uninjured person in front of him. "Oi! Are you alright old guy?!" The teen asked, circling Brinley, looking for any signs of injury, "Broken bones? Internal bleeding?!" He asked, getting up close to him. Even though Brinley carried a sword, it seemed the spiky-haired boy wasn't intimidated or simply didn't notice.

Last edited:

Mai Hanashi

full
Disowned by her family and low on funds, Mai felt like she was on her own hero's journey.

Perched on her small bamboo cart, sitting on top of her plain travel trunk, Mai watched the busy harbor. Her pipe was lit and she calmly exhaled smoke.

Among all the activity, shipwrights worked on ships, supplies were being moved, ships docked, people got off, and one induvial was being chased like he was some kind of thief.

She rubbed a hand on the trunk full of her clothes. Maybe it wasn't the smartest idea to pick the island without a marine presence, or maybe it was the smartest; she'd be able to make her next move without interference from the law. But what was her next move? Join one of the crews, write down their adventures, and memorize any other stories she came across; but most all, just live life.

She chuckled to herself. Who knew being banished from home could lead to such a free feeling? The question now was, what crew does she join? She'd have to let the story unravel a bit more. Hopefully fate had decided that she was at the part where she'd meet the one person she needs most.

Interaction: Open
Mentioned: grudge grudge (Ruva when he was being chased.)

Last edited:
Talin Cruz
1622088772834.png
The sound of metal clashing metal, of wood being cut, and men yelling orders rang throughout the warehouse. This is the usual sound of the Langreen Shipyard, the most reputable shipyard on the island of Anzen, just a few minute's walk away from the port. In the midst of these people working a long-haired youth exhaled and wiped the sweat off his brow. "Goddamn, Langreen better appreciate this cause it took me all week!" Talin muttered to himself as he looked at the small model of a ship that he had just created, alongside it were blueprints of a similar vessel.

He took the two items and walked across the warehouse, despite the small drafts of breeze managing to pass through the building it was still scorching hot, walking through some of the other shipwright working on the larger projects some called out to him. "Hey Talin, heard that the armoursmith's daughter gave you a real mean one yesterday! How're you holding up?" one said jokingly, "Oh now that was another firey beauty alright, felt that love hit all night!" Talin replied, chuckling as he rubbed his cheek. He walked up a flight of stairs into a small office situated far off into the warehouse, opening up the door to an older man sitting, he was big, grizzly, and showing signs of balding, he seemed to be looking over documents on his table before Talin came in.

Talin walked in and casually plopped down on the seat opposite of him, placing the model and blueprints on the table "Langreen, I made your damned blueprints! I even made you a model!" Talin told the man as he started to try to waft the air to attempt to cool himself off, the office was unpleasant to be in, to say the least, it was humid and not to mention not the slightest hint of a breeze to cool the residence inside the room. "Talin..." Langreen sighed "How many times do I need to tell you to not randomly come into my office?"
before Talin had a chance to answer that question Langreen continued "Ah whatever, let's just see what we have here..." as he started to look over the blueprints Talin stood up and started to leave the room "Well since you have those I'll be on my way." "Ah, wait what if I need to change things." Langreen tried to stop him but Talin merely turned to face him, with a wide grin on his face and giving a thumbs up said "There is no need to change anything, the blueprints are perfect. Plus there are too many beautiful women out there to meet, I can't wait!" and he left. Langreen merely shook his head and sighed "That idiot, Carter why did you send him here?" then he continued to look at the blueprints.

Walking out of the warehouse, Talin took in a deep breath as he felt the cool breeze of the sea past by him, the smell of saltwater, and the sounds of waves crashing onto the shores. He smiled and said to himself "Now which beauty will I meet today? Who knows maybe God will bless me." picking up a small book from his pocket labeled "The Master's Guide to Flirting, Success, and Life" he flipped opened to a chapter and started to read as he took the nice walk towards the port, humming along the way.

Last edited:
Iris Daphne Tsumire
1981_042_0101_Fan_01.jpg
Having woken up with the sun, Iris knew that she was going to be out and about far earlier than Ringo ever would be. He wasn’t much of an early riser and that wasn’t really a problem. Iris wasn’t one to be picky about when people chose to wake up in the morning, after all. However, she did like to know the people around her to some degree which was why she paid attention to such things in the first place. Knowing people was the first step in trusting them, after all, so it was something of a process, particularly when one took into account that life hadn’t given Iris many good reasons to trust people in general. She was trying and the fact that she was trying was certainly worth noting.

Why had she picked Ringo to try working with first? Well, when she first met him, he had quite honestly seemed too entirely focused on getting his ship back to possibly have been planning anything else. He seemed like someone who wore his emotions on his sleeve and therefore, would be very easy to read had he been planning anything that Iris ought to be concerned about. He was also super friendly and open. It made Iris want to try being the same, although she was careful not to let it affect her too much.

All of her protections remained in place. Iris wore shoes and a pair of black pants that flowed around her ankles, but still adequately concealed everything she needed to hide - most notably her scales. No one needed to think she was the merchandise on display. She left her hammer on the ship, but knew precisely where it was so that she could find it quickly if it was needed; everything she’d heard about Anzen led her to believe it was safe enough to wander without an immediately available weapon. Troublemakers came here to start over as non-troublemakers. Or, well, Iris heard it was something along those lines.

Naturally, that meant that most of the port was filled with merchants selling things to people starting over. These items included clothing, weapons, wigs, log poses, maps, ship parts and all other sorts of fancy knick knacks. Iris would’ve thought that people starting over wouldn’t have had a lot of money to spend on such things, but she wasn’t an expert on many human things and wasn’t going to claim otherwise. Then again, she could hardly claim to be an expert on her own kind either, seeing as she’d rarely been able to spend time among them since her youth; fate took those opportunities away from her. Iris was only an expert in herself and that expertise in particular guided her to the smith’s shop where she perused the weaponry for sale, more to see what was in style than with any intention of buying anything.

“Can I help you to find anything, Miss?” the shopkeeper offered assistance almost immediately. “I’ve got some nicely crafted fans that might be appreciated by someone of your beauty.”

While it was a very kind suggestion and Iris appreciated it, she was chuckling at the oddity of it because she knew that when she turned around to face him, he wasn’t going to be commenting on her beauty in the slightest. Half her face was scarred halfway to hell and back again, after all. With a brilliant smile on her face, she turned and watched as his expression shifted to shock. “Although I have to disagree on your last point,” she began, “I do think that maybe a fan would improve the situation.” A fan was something any formal lady could hide behind, Iris included. “I would also like to know if you buy as well as sell, though. I’m something of a craftsman myself, you see, and that’s where accidents happen from time to time. I’ve a few finely jeweled daggers that might be more in line with the beauty you’re looking for.”

As Iris spoke, the man kindly gestured towards the fans he’d been referring to before acknowledging her words. “Apologies, Miss,” he began, as though he were sorry for calling her beautiful. He wasn’t quite sure whether she had taken offence to it or not, but he felt it was better to play it safe and apologize. He had, after all, been more than a little taken aback when she turned to face him. There was still a chance that she could be a paying customer, though, so the politeness remained. “Eh… I’m not usually one for buying, but if your work is any good, I’d recommend making a stop in Valheim. It’s an island two stops ahead and the warriors there go nuts over fine craftsmanship. I wasn’t able to sell much of my work there, but my work’s usually more for function than beauty. The fans are a bit different because my wife designs the fabric and I just create the frame.”

Shrugging her shoulders at the apology, Iris didn’t need to make a big fuss over it. She did grab one of the fans, though, and flare it open. Unbeknownst to the man she spoke with, it matched her scales. “Thank you for the advice,” she commented, making a mental note of the place. Ringo might be agreeable to taking her there because he didn’t seem like he actually had much of a plan for what they were doing once they found this crew he needed so desperately. “I’ll take this.” Iris handed over a few coins to the still smiling and kind man before she departed his shop and hung around on the docks, determined to keep an eye out for Ringo who was likely out and about by then.

vux11hjo7lw11-gif.525423

Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivruski IV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ed was curled up underneath a bench near the docks, seemingly dead. Ein the Mongoose was rolled up in a ball in the little pocket Ed's body created, resting peacefully. Perched proudly atop the bench was the brilliant white cockatoo, Popeye. Popeye had woken up early and was being rather vocal today. He would comment whenever someone walked past, "HAAAI! HERROOO! BIC BOOOI! HEY YOU! SHUDDUP! FUCKIN' BASTARD! HAAAI!" Of course, not all the comments were so friendly.

SPLASH! Ocean spray shot into the air and rained down on the bench. Popeye flapped his wings and squealed in surprise. A few drops fell onto Ed's cheek. It twitched slightly. Then, all in one instant, Ed sprang to life. Her eyes shot open and she bolted up, "No! We can't go there! Ow..." Ed had smacked her head against the bottom of the bench, giving her a harsh reminder of where she was. Crawling out from under the bench, Ed rubbed her forehead for a moment, wiped a bit of drool from the corner of her mouth, and then pulled up her mask. Ein came out and stretched in the sun, taking in a big yawn. Then he scurried up inside Ed's coat, his head popping out of her collar as Popeye perched on her shoulder with an enthusiastic, "HAAAI!"

Ed smiled softly. As long as she had these friends with her, she didn't feel quite so alone. "Gee-hee-hee, hi guys. Hmmm, what should we do today?" Ed looked around, her mask wiggling slightly as she sniffed around. Nothing specific jumped out at her right away, but the noise from the tavern caught her attention. Ed had been in Anzen for a little while and found herself frequenting the tavern quite regularly. After all, it was easier to sneak off with a bit of change without being detected if people were drunk. Then, with that change, she would be able to get more of what she wanted without resistance. As much as Ed enjoyed the challenge, being treated like a nuisance all the time got old.

"BAAAAWK! ONE-PIECE!" commented Popeye randomly. Ed gave him a confused look and responded, "No, no silly. The one-piece isn't here. Or is it? Hmmm. It'd be the perfect hiding place. Make an island where pirates can come to relax and feel safe, then hide the one-piece right under their noses. I wonder if we could smell it. Does it smell like fish? I bet it's tasty. Gee-hee! If we ever find the turquoise turtle, we could ask him. I wonder if anyone here knows him. Or if they have breakfast for Ed-Ed. Let's go find out!"

Ed had a rope sitting free next to her and then a substantial black rucksack with some sort of pipes strapped to the side of it. She slipped the rucksack onto her back and then slung the rope over her shoulder. Once she was all ready, Ed got to her feet and was about to head to the tavern when she noticed someone getting yelled at about their cooking. It was negative energy and Ed didn't like it one bit. She made a face at the guy when he wasn't looking and slipped a can of spray paint out of her rucksack. She crouched behind a stack of crates so that the man wouldn't see and then she proceeded to paint a silly face on the man's boat. It made her feel much better. Once she had finished, she slipped the paint back in her rucksack and very naturally headed toward the tavern as if nothing at all was wrong.

The only sign that she had anything to do with that scene was the fact that Popeye had picked up something from what the yelling man had said and was now repeating it in a sing-songy voice, "HAAAI! DARN SCOUNDREL! CAN IT! CAN'T COOK! OH SHIT! WAKA-WAKA-WAA!"

Unfortunately, that noise drew the attention of someone on the island who had caught her stealing in the past. "Hey, it's you! Those are my bagpipes! Stop her!" The man started to chase after her and for a moment, Ed just acted innocent and oblivious. Due to this, the group of people around her didn't instantly react. Whether they even would have cared was unknown, but it was a useful strategy either way. Then, when it was absolutely necessary, Ed snapped into a sprint. At the same moment, Popeye caught wind and launched himself into the air. He dive-bombed the guy chasing them a few times to get him to slow down. Realistically Ed could have easily made herself disappear, but she couldn't help herself. She needed to have some fun with the situation.

Leading the man toward the tavern, Popeye alighted on Ed's shoulder right as she was disappearing into the building. For a moment Ed's head was on a swivel as she analyzed the room and looked for an interesting distraction. Then her eyes fell on Cait. A big smile spread across Ed's face under her mask as she made her way toward the fish lady. She slipped her mask down under her chin and then snatched Cait's arm and instantly began to gnaw on it. Right at that moment, the man that had been chasing Ed burst in. Ed stopped gnawing and shot a pointer finger at the man, declaring, "He made me do it!" Then she licked her lips and slipped the mask back over her face. Of course, the diminutive man realized he had just walked into a bad situation and decided it was better to let Ed go and avoid further confrontation.

Interaction: shadowdude505 shadowdude505
Mention: Japanime Japanime

Last edited:
Brinley Smith

Screenshot 2021-05-19 085339.png Just as Brinley was about to be on his merry way, he was drawn to a rather close voice that sounded young. He looked down to see a short male with spiky white hair circling around him. "I have a pulse, so I must be okay." Then it dawned on him. "Hey who are you calling old?! Broken bones? Bleeding? Quit joking around. I'm fine." Brinley squinted his eyes and studied the male. "What's a kid doing around here? You lost or something?" The childish habit Brinley had, had sprung up again and he started digging in his nose ever so casually.

"You looking for your mommy?" The expression he had was a very deadpan one. As if his mind just went blank. The finger stuck in one of his nostrils paused and his expression returned to a normal one. "Hey, wait. Why are you concerned about me? Shouldn't it be the other way around or something?" The deadpan expression returned and Brinley turned to walk away without saying anything. Shopping for supplies could prove timely and he did not want to spend a load of time on gathering a week's worth of supplies. The faster he got it done, the sooner he could get into the kitchen and try out some new recipes or experiment with some old ones.

Interaction: grudge grudge
Mention: grudge grudge

Ringo Kiritu
Somehow, when Ringo delivered his attempt at a rousing speech, he’d expected some people to respond. He wasn’t sure where that silly string of confidence came from, but it had most certainly been there which left him more than a little disappointed when not many people jumped up to join him. However, just before he was about to turn away and find something to drown his sorrows in, he heard a surprisingly young voice call out to accept his proposal. Ringo spun around on his feet almost as though he were a practiced dancer; he wasn’t, and it was just a random coincidence that it looked so formal and routine. A vibrant smile decorated his expression because one interested soul was better than no one at all.

His expression brightened when he saw how excited she seemed to be about the whole situation. “Yeah, I do think Fishman Island is on the way,” he recalled as he pulled an image of a map into his brain. Of course, no one knew for sure where the One Piece was, but everyone seemed to agree it was somewhere in the New World so he presumed he would head in that direction if anyone who joined his ship actually wanted to find the legendary treasure. “So, would you actually be looking to join the crew on adventures or are you just looking for a ride?” He tried not to sound too sad about the potential that she just needed a ride, but really, Ringo wanted people who were going to stick with him. Of course, there was also a chance that on the way, she might change her mind and decide to stay with them.

In the meantime, she’d asked about juice. “Juice? They probably sell it here, but you’ll find better juice at a fruit stand, I would think. It’s fresher there, anyway. Let’s go!” Just as he was about to start leading her more into the market of Anzen, Ringo was caught completely off guard when another stranger ran in and promptly bit down on Cait’s arm. Sure, she did look a little fishy, but so did his other crewmate so Ringo didn’t understand the point behind it and promptly screamed, “Excuse me! Please stop eating my friend!” He briefly glanced in the direction the stranger had pointed, but there didn’t really seem to be anything exciting there. “You can’t just go around eating people!” Ringo scolded as though he had any right to scold a stranger.

“If you need food, you could just ask. We were heading to a fruit stand and I can buy you some. One caveat, though, is that you’d have to join my crew. What say you?” The young captain was actually quite proud of how he’d turned a very strange situation into a recruitment opportunity and he stared the individual down with as much fearsome pirate-y-ness as he could muster. Unfortunately, Ringo didn’t actually have a lot of that so he was instead going to have to wait and see if whimsey was in his favor.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Interaction: Japanime Japanime

Through his pestering, Ruva was able to grab the cook's attention. To his relief, the man stated that he had no injuries. "Ah, what a relief...I don't have the time to give proper treatment anyway," He mumbled to himself, clearly forgetting about the bodies of pirates that currently surrounded him. Seeing as the man was okay, Ruva prepared to leave him be. Unfortunately, he was still probably getting chased. He prepared to turn to go, but then the man said something that made him completely spin back around.

"What's a kid doing around here? You lost or something?" Brinley said whilst picking his nose nonchalantly. Ruva's face exploded in an overtop expression of shock as he stepped back dramatically. "H-HOW DID HE KNOW!?" He wondered, shocked how the man had much such a correct assumption. However, in a moment of clarity, he came to his senses, calming himself down. "No, I'm overthinking things! He's probably lived on this island all his life and could tell that I was lost, just like an old hermit! It's not like he's a mind reader or somethin-" Ruva's thought process was shredded entirely to bits as Brinley made his following statement.

"You looking for your mommy?"

Ruva's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets as his jaw dropped, shocked by the man's intuition, "H-HE'S A MIND-READER- NO! A PSYCHIC!" He was in a complete state of shock for multiple seconds, not even realizing when the man had begun to walk away from him. However, he promptly regained his composure as he began to follow behind Brinley, stepping over the pirates sprawled out over the road like they were not even there, and he rushed to catch up. "Old guy! I really have no clue where I am! And I'm looking for my mom too! How did you know?! Do you have a magic glass ball or something?! Incense?! Are you listening to my thoughts right now?!" Ruva had quickly attached himself right back to Brinley, circling him again as he began to spout off inane questions. It seemed like the kid wasn't too bright and had already started to make the wrong assumptions about him.

Last edited:
Talin Cruz
As Talin came closer to the port he closed his book, placed it carefully back into his pocket, and looked around. The sounds of sailors loading cargo onto a ship, of merchants peddling their goods, of men cheerfully drinking outside of the tavern filled his ears. Talin stretched, "Alrighty, now let's see what beautiful ladies are here!" he exclaimed before walking through the town with a whistle.

"Creep!", "Jerk!", "Ugh Lame." These were just a few of the myriad of quotes Talin received in the few minutes he had been walking around, attempting to flirt with any cute girl that passed him by. Currently, Talin was flirting with another lady holding her hand "Madame, in this fine summer day nothing shines quite as brightly as you." as he leaning in to kiss the hand it jerked back with a resounding "Gross!" before he felt a sharp blow to his face, causing he to fall back. The girl left with a resounding hmph and Talin chuckled as he rubbed his cheek. "Ow, twice, this has happened to me twice in two days. Can't say I'm surprised but still hurtful," he said to himself, still seated in the middle of the road he looked up into the sky, then with a heavy exhale he lept right back onto his feet and said, "Welp, can't let that hold me down, there is gotta be another girl out there. Let's just keep trying I've got the whole day after all"

Walking alongside the harbor he happened to catch up on another girl, a foreigner it seemed, dressed in clothes he had no recollection of. She was sitting in some sort of cart, smoking a pipe, but Talin only really paid mind to one thing. Her beauty, she was stunning, slim, with her hair tied in a knot, Talin had seen many beauties before but this, this was in a league of her own. He paused for a moment before snapping out of his daze, shaking his head, and with a smile walked up to the girl.

"Hey there, the name's Talin, I couldn't help but notice your radiance. I've got to ask you, why is such a rare foreign beauty like yourself doing on such a dangerous island?" he quizzed jokingly as he leaned against a post near her cart, looking at it curiously, "Some guy could cart you away, but don't worry cause now I'm here gorgeous!" he grinned as he gave a thumbs up.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Cait Merlin

"Ow!" Cait was downright shocked that someone had bit her arm. She jerked her arm back and quickly got behind Ringo. She rubbed her arm as she slid her head out from behind the pirate captain, giving Ed one of her pouty looks. "Ya! I'm a person. Not a fish...," she said, echoing Ringo's sentiment.

She wasn't sure how to feel about the whole ordeal. No one had ever bit her before. On the other hand, Ed didn't seem particularly malicious. Was she being treated better than at home, or worse? Did it really matter at the moment?

Realizing she hadn't answered Ringo's question, she looked up him. "Um....," she started to say. She rubbed a finger against her cheek in thought. "Could I come, if it's just a ride?...For now?" she asked, trying to process things out loud. "I have to go to Fishman Island! I have to...!" She sounded desperate. Fighting back tears, she cut herself off. "I just have to...," she added softly, making another pouty face.

If she really liked Ringo's crew and they started to feel like a family, well...she'd probably choose to stay with them if that was the case. She didn't want to promise anything though. Right now she only had one goal in mind. She had to find her mom, for her father...for herself.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Mai Hanashi

full
Mai chuckled softly after Talin's introduction. "It's quite a story," she replied, exhaling smoke. "Ever hear about Devil Fruits? I was offered one by a suitor and I ate it without knowing what it was. Frankly, I don't think he knew either. In summary, everyone thought I was demon possessed and banished me from my homeland, not caring about my fate after that. Part of me wishes things turned out differently, but I wouldn't have realized how...ignorant my homeland was otherwise."

She gracefully stepped down from her cart and formally bowed. "I'm Hanashi Mai," she introduced herself formally; an old habit. "But seeing as I'm in a foreign land, I shall adopt the customs around here. You don't have to call me by my family name. Mai will suffice. It's nice to meet you Talin-han."

Mai stepped back onto her cart and sat back down on her travel trunk. She put her pipe to her lips and took another drag. "Tell me...are you the one I'm waiting for?" she asked. What she meant was the person that would help push her story forward, but the way she said it could easily be interpreted as flirty without the context. "I'm hoping to join a pirate crew. Are you a part of one? If not, would you accompany me? I dare not leave my stuff alone. I hear there's a tavern here, maybe someone is recruiting; Would you be so kind to cart me there, Talin-han?"

SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Last edited:
vux11hjo7lw11-gif.525423

When Ringo interjected himself into Ed's fun for the day, her attention snapped to him as if she'd just locked on to a new target. This allowed Cait the opportunity to get away without protest. Ed's head cocked to the side, "Can't? Did he just say Ed can't, ein?" Ein the Mongoose trilled in response, tucked safely in the collar of her coat. Popeye the Cockatoo flapped his wings once and called out, "OH SHIT! BETTER RUN! BAAAWK!" When Cait commented about not being a person and not a fish, Ed raised a finger and stated, "Nope, actually you're a cute Fishman person. A Fishperson. A girl with the identification of Ichthyoperson. Icthyo Sapiens, yes indeed. Icthyopersons are cool! If someone says they are not, they're lame."

Then Ed turned her full attention back to the person who had said 'can't'. However, just before she took action on that matter, the man seemed to realize his misstep and offered free food. Ed's interest was all but piqued when the man stated the caveat. Ed went stiff and her face went white. For a moment, she didn't move. Then she realized she was no longer hungry, so she turned to leave. It was then that Cait mentioned that she had to get to Fishman Island. Everything in Cait's presentation told Ed that the fish girl needed to get there. Part of Ed connected with that. Needing something and having all sorts of roadblocks put in the way. It was the same as being told 'can't', and that pissed Ed off. She balanced on her decision for a moment until Popeye chimed in with a, "NAVIGATOR! HAAAI!" Before Ed could think, she had spun back around and stated, "I can get you to fish man island. My only caveat? He buys the food because he said a bad word. He said can't. Watch your language, mister." As if on cue, Popeye emphasized this point by shouting, "FUCKERRR!" Which was received with an appreciative, "Yup, I think he's the captain too, Popeye."

Interaction: shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Iris Daphne Tsumire
c973e0a1349a95835d61f6f5728e6a29.jpg
Just as she’d anticipated, Ringo was gone from the ship by the time that she returned to it. In a bit of a paranoid panic, Iris looked to make sure all of her belongings were still right where she’d left them; it wasn’t that she didn’t trust Ringo, though. Rather, she didn’t trust the random creeps of the island they’d landed on. Even if people were mostly in Anzen seeking a new beginning, that didn’t erase the fact that most of them were criminals in some form or another. They had all still demonstrated their capability of committing crimes so Iris wasn’t about to let anyone off the hook. Luckily, though, all of her stuff was right where she left it. Iris scooped up her rather massive mallet and made her way back out onto the docks, wanting to draw attention to herself so that maybe she could make one or two sales on the island before they departed; she knew that it was hard to ignore an oddly tall woman carrying a mallet almost twice her size. At least, in her experience that was the case.

She walked back and forth along the docks, trying to appear non threatening, but also wanting to be visible. There was a difficult balance to be found between the two elements and somehow, Iris felt as though she achieved it quite nicely once everything was said and done. All that was left was to see whether or not other people noticed.

Whether by fortunate or unfortunate circumstance, Iris’s gaze found a scene that she was curious about before anyone within the docks decided to directly approach her, and once she decided she wanted to know more, Iris was heading in that direction whether anyone stopped her or not. She wasn’t sure whether those who approached her noted her presence or not, but once she was close enough, she made herself known to everyone involved with a brisk movement to lower the mallet and a slow spin to clear a wide circle around them. There had been others in pursuit, but she had no intentions of allowing it to continue because to her, it quite honestly looked like they sought to kidnap one of the poor chaps.

“Sorry to barge in on you fellas, but are these people bothering you? I thought Anzen was supposed to be a safe place for people, but it seems even here strangers pursue without care.” Although she hadn’t seen much of what had been unfolding, Iris did note the sword that one of them was carrying and she also noted the frantic nature of the younger one. “By any chance, are either of you interested in joining a pirate crew? My friend Ringo’s looking to gather some people to man his ship and form a family of some sort or another. Sounds silly, I know, but he’s nice enough from what I’ve seen and Anzen certainly doesn’t seem like it lives up to the hype of being a safe haven for anyone right now.” Iris tossed the thought out more on a whim than anything else. She’d never actually agreed to help Ringo recruit but there didn’t seem to be any harm in mentioning it to these two.

Japanime Japanime grudge grudge

Ringo Kiritu
Although Ringo was clearly a little disappointed that Cait just wanted a ride for now, he tried not to let it show too much. After all, friends could be just as awesome as family sometimes even if he was seeking more long-term plans and things. “Yeah, you can still come along,” he agreed. “I just need to find some permanent helpers before we leave, though, or else I’d be stranded on Fishman Island when we dropped you off there. Manning a ship with one person isn’t exactly ideal.” Ringo certainly wasn’t wrong on that point.

However, before they could get moving, Ringo still needed to make heads or tails of this new person. There were certainly tails involved although it didn’t appear as though any of them actually belonged to Ed. Then again, Ringo didn’t make assumptions.

“I don’t run from anything!” Ringo asserted firmly. “Most certainly not from a fight. But if you’re a navigator, then I don’t want to fight you. I need someone who can maneuver through these perilous seas.” Just as he was about to get dragged into another monologue, Ringo was completely thrown off by being told to watch his language.

His eyes narrowed and then he heard Ed assert that he was the captain. “Your damn right, I’m the captain!” he agreed with much enthusiasm. “I’m gonna be the captain of the best pirates out there and I can guarantee you that the best pirates are certainly well fed. Although… we do need a cook for that. Wanna help me find one while we’re buying food?” One thing was certain. Ringo’s energy did not waver even in the midst of uncertainties.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Brinley Smith

Screenshot 2021-05-19 085339.png Brinley dug into his loose robe and brought out a fresh apple. It was red and the sun gave it an almost divine shine like it was gifted from the heavens. The swordsman was on his way to pick up supplies and seemingly left the kid and his problems behind. Or so he thought. As Brinley was enjoying a tasty bite of his apple, he could hear the increasing sound of a younger male's voice.

The same voice from before. Before he knew, he was being circled around by the same guy. The younger male went on to admit Brinley was right and questioned his methods of how. "Oh you are looking for your mother? Crazy. No magic ball, just two ordinary ones in a sack. Guess I'm just good at guessing." Brinley's expression and tone were entirely deadpan. Like he wasn't fully into the conversation.

If anything, he was most focused on enjoying his apple and only gave the other boy a part of his attention. The male asked to make sure he was listening. Brinley scratched his head and gave the guy a little more attention by simply glancing at him for a couple seconds. "I guess." Then he resumed pretty much ignoring him. He continued on his path and eventually reached a food stall near the docks, not particularly caring or paying attention as to if the other boy followed.

The stall had a wide variety of fruits and vegetables and a stall next to it was selling meat. Brinley pinched his chin in thought as he scanned over all the different food, trying to figure out what was needed to pick up. Nearby, a woman with red hair approached the boys. She was heavily scarred and carried a huge mallet. Somehow, Brinley didn't notice her presence until she spoke.

She mentioned something about people bothering them but Brinley hadn't even noticed they were being pursued. That's just how clueless he could be. "What are you talking about?" That's when he noticed the large mallet she had. Just like earlier, Brinley had began digging in his nose ever so casually. "Were you raised by a gorilla? How are you lifting that?" The expression he wore was blank as if everything happening right now was completely normal.

From being pursued, picking his nose in front of others as well as being a full adult, a heavily scarred woman in front of him carrying a mallet two times her own size, a kid following him around searching for his mother. It never really occurred to him that anything was out of the ordinary. The woman then went on to offer a place on a pirate crew to the boys. For once, Brinley actually took a second to think. He had a cooking job in Anzen, but if he became a pirate he could sail the seas and discover new cooking experiences.

"I'll go." And just like that he gave the idea like two seconds of thought before answering. Not even bothering to consider negatives and cons of his decision. "Who's pirate crew and how many people are in it?" He rested his hands behind his head as he listened for more information.

Location: Outside restaurant in Anzen > Food stalls near docks in Anzen
Interaction: grudge grudge Lady Warlock Lady Warlock
Mention: grudge grudge Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Interactions/Mentions: Japanime Japanime Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

As soon as Brinley disregarded the concept of him being a psychic, Ruva instantly came to a halt behind him, his expression contorting to one of intense dissatisfaction. "Oh well, I don't think psychics are real anyhow!" He exclaimed, completely altering his attitude. He continued to follow Brinley, not for any real reason other than the fact that the concept of leaving him alone hadn't occurred to him yet.​

"Man, you're super tall! Did you drink a lot of milk? My mom told me drinking a lot of milk makes you grow big! That and eating your greens."

"Oi, how do you get to carry around a sword without getting in trouble? Do you have some kind of permit or something? Or are you just special?"

"How old are you? You look like you're twenty years old! My mom told me that people who hit the age of 20 usually start to hit a stage in their lives when they try too hard to be cool and leave their imprint on society. You seem pretty cool to me though."

"You ever play Magical Banana? We used to play it back at home all the time! Though, I guess we can't really do it with the two of us..."

These were only some of the things the teen rambled towards Brinley, either not caring or not knowing he wasn't paying attention as they reached the docks. Then, the older man came to a sudden stop, causing Ruva to almost bump into him. Ruva gazed up at him, trailing after his line of sight to see what he was looking at, entirely missing the stall that was standing next to him until now. As he browsed over all the different fruits and veggies, saliva began to form from the corner of his mouth. There were numerous things there he had not ever seen before, from grapes that had pink leaves to turnips speckled with yellow spots. "Ah...I haven't had anything to eat but rations and whatever I picked up from around the forest for..." He interrupted his dreaming to count on his fingers, "5 or 6 years. I lost count," he murmured, reverting to his slouched over and slacked jawed position.

"There's that damned brat!" A shout erupted from behind him, prompting him to snap out of his imagination, he slowly glanced over his shoulder, blinking stupidly. "Ah, I forgot I was being chased."

The swarm of his pursuers were bathed in sweat, some had paused to regain their breath when they had finally caught up to Ruva. Nevertheless, they closed in, the gleam in their eyes made it look like they were craving blood. Ruva sat there, pondering what to do, there weren't many places to run on the dock, after all.

Just then, seemingly out of nowhere a woman with a large mallet emerged in between him and his pursuers, prompting him to step back in shock. "Woah! Thank-" As he proceeded to thank the woman, his joyful demeanor quickly changed when he took sight of the burns that marred her face. He brought a hand up to his chin calmly as he proceeded to fill his mind with thoughts. Unlike Brinley who took interest in her strength, the young medic couldn't help but gaze on her ravaged looks. The woman in question seemed to be looking for members of a pirate crew, but Ruva's mind couldn't take the time to analyze the offer as a glaring query rose up from his throat.

"Oi, granny. What's up with those burns? They look pretty terrible," He said the obvious, sans a single ounce of tact as he drew closer. "...They didn't seem to be treated by a professional, it honestly looks like a wonder you're alive with that. Can you even see out of that eye?" He continued to question her but compared to how he questioned Brinley this was of a considerably more serious and clinical tone. "We're you even offered anything to help prevent scaring?"

Ruva stepped away from Iris, resting a finger on his brow as he continued to think, even without hearing an answer for the woman, he was digging through his internal memory to question if there were any tactics that he could use to help, despite the fact the burns were healed long ago.

Last edited:
Iris Daphne Tsumire
When she finally got a full look at the two individuals she had just saved from a rather lackluster mob, Iris had to wonder why she had been motivated to do so in the first place. Neither one of them appeared particularly interesting although the younger one certainly had an oddly appealing amount of energy in his step which she saw right away. It almost matched Ringo’s… almost. Before she could truly inquire about it, though, the other one spoke while doing some things that had Iris not so casually averting her gaze away from him.

“Not a gorilla, no. A half-giant, actually. I actually don’t even notice how heavy it is,” Iris explained as though they were the simplest things in the world. To her, they were.

Against Iris’s more feminine desires, he was interested and so she found herself regretting having asked. Ringo would probably be happy about it, though, because more bodies meant a bigger family. While Iris had been willing to join in the blue haired boy’s silly fantasies, she didn’t want to be family with this one. Again, though, she didn’t want to say anything. It felt inappropriate since she’d already invited him. Maybe she could eventually help him find a better habit, though. She wasn’t quite sure.

However, the younger boy’s remark definitely had her emotions flaring more visibly. “Granny!? I’ll have you know I’m quite spry for my age and I’ve seen more in my 41 years than you could ever dream of seeing by the time you’re my age, boy.” It wasn’t until after she’d yelled at him about it, though, that she realized the topic of his concern was her face and the scars she wore as a mark of some of her history. For a moment, she was quite tongue tied and at a loss for words. Yes, people had seen her scars before, but no one had ever really seemed concerned about them or wondered where they had come from. She was a blacksmith, so most seemed to assume it was an occupational hazard and while that was only half the story, they weren’t wrong.

Finally, after a heavy swallow, Iris managed some answers. “I… uh… they weren’t treated by a professional. They were… uh… my mentor did the best he could with what we had. My eye can see some, though I think the other does a lot of compensating to make that work.” She really wasn’t comfortable going into more detail with a stranger.

“Anyway, would you like to come? The captain will be Ringo. He’s a good guy if a bit silly at times. His intentions seem honest, though. I don’t know how many he’ll have recruited so far, but he would definitely welcome two more. Would you guys like to come back to the ship with me?”

Though she hoped the conversation of her scars was behind them, she kind of doubted it.

grudge grudge Japanime Japanime

Interactions/Mentions: Japanime Japanime Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Hearing Iris's age from her lips pulled Ruva out of his internal ramblings with so much force she may as well have smacked him with her mallet. He staggered back with a hand on his chest as he peered up at her, mouth agape in disbelief. "4-4-4-4-41!? I assumed you were considerably younger than that! Like 50% at least!" Ruva yelled out, pointing at her forcefully before a lightbulb seemingly lighted up in his head and he put a palm on his chin, "I guess that's what my mum meant when she said beautiful women age like excellent wine," He added, not even understanding it could be interpreted as a compliment.

Luckily, before Ruva's mind could stray off in a different path, Iris brought him back into focus by offering a quick explanation of her scarring. It was tough for her to talk about, Ruva acknowledged that as he listened closely. "So your mentor was the one who treated you, huh?" Ruva pondered about the concept for a second. It was certainly a shame that Iris couldn't have properly been treated by a professional, the reality of the matter was that someone who loved her did all he could to heal her. Ruva had a silly smile on his face after hearing the story, "Your mentor sounds like a terrific guy," He added, then gazing down at his hand to clench it. "I'm sure he desperately worked to help you. It reminds me of why I want to be a doctor," He eased the grasp of his palm, looked back up at Iris, "I don't want anyone to have to face the terror that comes with being unable to save their loved ones. It's a doctor's responsibility to heal 'em up."

Finally realizing the truth of Iris's scars, Ruva felt satisfied. And with that gratification, he was finally able to bring his mind back to the main reason the woman had approached him and Brinley, to offer them a seat in a pirate crew. He looked back at Brinley, who hadn't hesitated to accept the offer, then back to Iris, who had been nothing but gracious to him. "Well, I assumed pirates were nasty people who performed a lot of crimes and whatnot. But you're a nice lady. So, I guess that not all pirates are terrible!" Ruva tucked his hands under the straps of his luggage, a huge smile on his lips, "I'll come too! I got nowhere else to go after all! Plus, if I sail with a pirate crew I'll see a lot of amazing stuff and become a brilliant doctor before I track down my old hag!" Ruva spoke excitedly, all but sold on joining the crew. It looked like Iris' was lucky enough to gain two more members to the crew.

Cait Merlin

Cait shifted her pouty face toward Ed. Ichthyoperson? Icthyo Sapiens? If she knew all that, then why did she bite her?

She still wasn’t quite sure what to make of Ed, but her animals were cute, even the swear-y bird. They say animals are a good judge of character…

Cait's face lightened up after Ringo agreed to let her tag along.

"I'll help!" she exclaimed, raising a hand in the air and flashing a shark-toothed grin; it seemed like she forgot about the whole being bitten thing.

She clapped her hands together. "What kind of food are we getting? I'm hungry for anything!" she added cheerfully, rubbing her hands together.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Last edited:
Talin Cruz
1622866658624.png"Devil Fruits eh, makes sense considering those devilish looks of yours." Talin jokingly said, listening in to the foreigner's story, intrigued. Upon hearing her blight at her homeland Talin took a deep breath in and thought to himself with a cold sweat appearing on his forehead "Wow, this girl has been through a few. I can't even joke about that, I mean that was heavy. What do I even say to that?"

As he contemplated his reply the young lady stepped down from the cart and introduced herself, Talin dazed out as her grace as she bowed before him captivated Talin, looking at her up and down. Once he realized that she stopped talking he slapped himself lightly in the face to regain his focus. He adjusted his eyepatch continuing to just listen to Mai, taking in all that she said before she asked if he was the one she was waiting for. Talin took a step back after hearing the flirtatious comment, he didn't expect it and taking a second to gather himself, a bit red and flustered replied: "What can I say, even fate wanted us to meet Mai, it just..."

Once she continued, he took a deep breath "Oh, oh that's what you meant" Talin said somewhat disappointedly, a small frown appearing on his face, "Um no I'm not part of a crew, but if such a fine lady asks for my help I need not refuse. The tavern isn't far, just a few yards away." as he walked over to Mai's cart

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 (Sorry man I've been gone, crazy busy week)

Mai Hanashi

full
Mai smiled and took a drag on her pipe as Talin started to push her cart toward the tavern.

"Are you a local, Talin-han?" she asked, trying to make polite conversation. "If you were on a pirate crew, what would you do?"

Once at the tavern, she reached a hand out for Talin and stepped off. "Thank you," she said with a smile and a bow.

She opened the door and walked inside. Smoking her pipe as she took in the place. It wasn't as grand as what would be considered a tavern back home, but there they served a different kind of clientele. Though, the Dragon's Mug did look better than the few taverns she came across on her way to Anzen.

She noticed a fishgirl stopped rubbing her hands as they made eye contact. The girl looked dazzled, like she hadn't seen a person like Mai before.

"What about her?" the fishgirl asked the young man beside her. "Are you a cook, Miss?"

Mai smiled and let out a soft chuckle. "I don't claim to be one professionally. I'm more of a storyteller; but I'm competent enough to fill in from time-to-time, if you wouldn't mind trying the dishes of my homeland." she replied, before taking another drag. Her gaze shifted to Ringo. Judging from the way the girl was talking to him, it seemed like he was the captain of the bunch. "Are you recruiting, sir?" she asked with a honeyed tone.

SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck Lady Warlock Lady Warlock CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Last edited:
vux11hjo7lw11-gif.525423

Although Ed had said she would get Cait to Fishman Island, it was more out of impulse than anything else. As such, she had quickly turned as if she were leaving the tavern. After all, they were going to get food. In reality, she did this to keep her uneasy expressions to herself. She honestly wasn't sure if she wanted to do this. Fishman Island wasn't too much of a problem. It wasn't like they had to do anything super tricky to get there, so for the moment she felt comfortable enough with the situation. Whether she was going to stay or not, though, was yet to be seen. When Ringo asked about finding the food, Ed was a bit relieved as it distracted her from the issue for the moment. She began to march toward the door as she called out, "Yes, yes. Ed knows the best food here! Come for to the buying food. Let us leaf, let us go, to the land of the dude that makes the cooking food! Foie gras, with spekulaas, and a side of escargo! Es car go. Vroom vroom broom broom. Sweep sweep swoop swoop. The fish flies down to meet the clown and they go off to Gungeon town, good night! Yes, this way. Come icthyofriend and captain man. Captain man, hero of the cap people. Geeheehee."

"BWAAAK! CRAP PEOPLE!" added Popeye as they headed out the door. Clearly, Ed wasn't intimidated by the captain, but she was actually going along with things, and in reality, it seemed like he might actually be a decent person. Although he did say the word can't, and she wasn't going to let him forget it. Then, assuming the others followed her, Ed skipped forward to where the docks were visible and pointed toward the scene unfolding where Iris happened to be as well. Then she added, "There you will find the dude that makes the cooking food! He can't cook, and shouldn't even think about coming back inside until he brings supplies to last a week, so he's looking for a new crew, see?" Then she looks to Ringo and Cait with a strong expression and asks, "What say you?!"

Interaction: shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock
Mentions: Japanime Japanime

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back