Anime & Manga One piece binge. any bets on how long it will take?

Vali Ulfr

The Battle Slain Wolf
Im going to start watching one piece from ep 1. SEE YOU IN A MILLION YEARS. but you guys have an ETA on how long it will take?

Jesus... I don't think the show will ever end. I tried a challenge in reading every chapter of Hajime no Ippo. I died around chapter 300.

At least a couple months if you are watching at a reasonable pace. At 777 episodes currently there is around 16317 minutes of animation minus openings and endings. Which is around 272 hours. If you were to watch 2 hours of anime a day every week. You'd be done in approximately 19 weeks. This is not counting the continued release of the anime that would account for another 4 hours of one piece you'd have to watch.

I started watching One Piece from episode one in December. I'm like 224 episodes in rn. But it's so worth it. Do it. It has become one of my favorite anime.

As for how long it will take it's hard to say, since in the later episodes there is a long recap as well as the op and ed meaning that in later episodes you might end up watching less then 20 mins. But if we make the assumption that it is 780 (the number of episodes) /3 = 260
So it would take 260 hours.

If you watch 5 hours a day it would take 52 days.
If you watch 2 hours a day it would take 130 days.

To save yourself 104 episodes worth of time (34 hours 20 minutes) you could skip the filler (I didn't but if you want to catch up quickly it might help)
http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/one-piece

Vali Ulfr Vali Ulfr

Assuming you have the time to do that, a few months. It's well worth it, it's a deep show.

Took me 3 weeks of 8 hour marathons to go from episode 1 to 550ish, 3 years ago. Lots of lost sleep,but it was worth it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back