• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece AU - Looking for players

Jensoman

Neutral Good
Some people think that maintaining an incredibly active core group in a text-based roleplay is borderline impossible nowadays.

SO91cVi.png

We’re trying our best to challenge that notion.​

Our One piece RP is being built as an Arc-To-Arc Roleplay inspired by Oda's wonderfully wacky world of One Piece. We strive to foster an interactive, close-knit group that allows for all of its players to share their time in the spotlight as they interact with the plot in ways that allow them to develop their characters, have a serious impact on the story, and feel as if though they're actually part of something bigger than themselves.

This is a heavy combat centric RP, keep this in mind.

We’re looking to accept most skill levels as long as players are capable of using proper grammar and communicating a clear understanding of roleplay etiquette. We're not interested in people who put other players down for any reason at all, or players who ghost others. The primary goal is to keep the roleplay healthy, and keep our players happy.

If you’ve ever ghosted anyone or put others down, and haven’t yet learned from your mistakes, we’re not interested in having you on board!

Details regarding the roleplay's content:
  • The Canon is seperate from the source material. Canon characters are not present, and most of the canon islands do not exist. Canon devil fruits, for the most part, will not exist unless a player requests access to one, and in those cases, they may be modified to fit the power scaling we have in place for the roleplay. Most of the defining concepts from the canon material are still in place however, but will likely be changed in some shape or form to better adhere to the world we've created.
  • One of the major changes worth noting is how we've adjusted the Haki system. To avoid powerplay and generally obnoxious application of techniques such as observation Haki, we've adjusted exactly how Haki works, and granted it more specific classifications that both widening and restraining its capabilities in a reasonable fashion.
  • Please note that the power scale for this roleplay is not in line with the anime. Canon feats are insane, and should not be used to scale character feats. You can never expect to see feats from canon characters that match those of Whitebeard, Zoro, Luffy, etc.
  • The players will be allowed one primary protagonist when first joining the roleplay. This character can be submitted to join a crew. If we find ourselves full at any point, then a new character can be submitted to join at the beginning of a brand new arc, as long as another character is not already in that queue. Please note that, despite being dictated as 'protagonists' in name, the primary crews are not forced to adhere to a Lawful Good/Neutral Good/Chaotic Good archetype. As long as you do not create Villains, and you do not break the server's rules, your actions in-character are yours to make in any fashion you so please.
  • The Server's Plot runs on an Arc-To-Arc path. There will be multiple crews, and each crew will participate in a single arc per island, with intermission periods between each arc strictly for player-character interaction. Although the arcs will offer total freedom in how the players can interact with the content provided, this Arc-To-Arc progression is quite strictly enforced. That is to say, this is not true sandbox roleplay. Once a crew enters an Arc, (Typically an island) they cannot leave that arc mid-way through, even if their character would reasonably do so. It is up to the player, or the GMs, to find a way to keep the players present in each arc, as to keep everything running smoothly. That being said, each arc will act almost like its own sandbox, allowing for players to interact with the events in any ways they would like to. Each arc will typically have multiple antagonists, several plot threads that intertwine, and anywhere from 20-50 NPCs depending on its complexity and length.
  • As a shounen battle anime Roleplay, it should be obvious that a fair amount of effort goes into the combat. Although combat is a very big part of the roleplay, we don't like to make everything about fighting people all of the time. Character interaction and development, paired with exploration, make up the meat of the roleplay. Battles will be closely monitored in order to keep players from power playing, and depending on how you feel about Combat Roleplay (CRP) your fighting experiences may be dumbed down to avoid overwhelming you, or scaled up if you prefer a challenge.
And that’s the meat of how we’ve planned to run things!

I am only looking for players that are committed to investing themselves in the meat of the roleplay. If you’re the type that joins roleplays left-and-right only to leave before an arc even comes close to concluding, we don’t want you either!

If you have any other questions, I can answer them for you, either in this thread, or through DMs.

If you’re interested in joining what might be the most successful and ambitious One-Piece Roleplay you’ve ever seen, please either post your interest here, or DM me!
Hope to see you soon.

Inactivity Disclaimer​

Although we strive to meet the busy lifestyles that people face on the day to day basis, we will be enforcing an inactivity system here to keep the roleplay healthy and alive. If you don't believe you can keep up with the fairly consistent stream of activity and content we plan to provide, (players are expected to post once a day, typically) you will likely not find this to be a good fit. If you have trouble meeting our inactivity expectations, there will be some resources available to keep people from getting booted due to inactivity. However, keep in mind that if you do not communicate with us regularly, we will remove you without hesitation, and without warning. Communication is key. If you're busy, let us know! It's that simple.

Last edited:
I'd be up for this, got a few characters potentially to use.
-Admirals wayward gambling daughter with Juice fruit.
-Undead Doctor from Municipal Darwinism.
-Sniper Mermaid with bi-tidal disorder.

Well that's 7 so far, Given current Manga crew is 10 and it was 5 pre-grand line i think we can maybe look about forming up now? Not sure how many the GM would want overall as i do know if a group gets too big it can get difficult to mange or devote equal attention to everyone. Then again alot of RPN games have people suddenly drop after first few weeks/posts. so thats also something to consider, so maybe a saftey net is good too.

I've found that it's highly unpredictable which rp's will die and which ones will stick. I think honestly what it comes down to is the people who join being willing to collectively leave behind those who fall silent. Seems like we're willing to do that here, so I hope there's room for me as well. I've actually never seen one piece, but i'm a fan of that era of anime. (DBZ, naruto, hunter x hunter,) and so I hope with a little guidance the abilities I come up with will fit your world. I'm a big CRPer so that's drawing me a lot to this as well, as I'm one of those who likes the challenge. Hope others are ready for a little mental chess every once in a while.

Finally an RP that someone wants to develop overtime. I'm 100% down for this. I recently started watching One Piece last year, and before you ask yes from episode one. I've fallen in love with the anime, and I'm currently pre time skip. I know I have a ways to go but I know more than enough to carry myself in a rp.

Not entirely sure, issue with crew being too big to start makes getting together a issue, but thats up to the GM. We havent even got to the CS's yet, and there may be a few that drop out never making one (or getting certain ideas rejected)

We have 14 so far I think, but minor worry GM doesn't seem to have posted since first one.

I'm glad so many people have shown interest! Forgive me for this, but I've been searching your backgrounds and posting history. I've only been Dming players whose posting habits and styles are more in line for what we're expecting in this role play. All details of how the roleplay will commence will be send via DM, and from there, you'll get all the information you'll need!

If you haven't gotten a DM, you may not be the type of player we're looking for. I don't mean to offend! We're just cautious about the registration process of our projects, and expect certain standards to be met. I don't mean to say that any of you are bad roleplayers at all. Rather, we just don't think that everyone will be a good fit in our RP at this time. Sorry again!

If you're still interested, we're still willing to look over more players, but we've more or less gathered the amount of player's we're willing to host for. Still, we may accept players to join during future arcs, so if you're still interested in joining up and waiting for your chance to join, please continue to post your interest here, or via DM!

Thats a shame, yet to find a good OP game that keeps running long term and doesnt fizzle out after first few weeks.

Dang, hopefully, I'm not too late! I have plenty of time and One Piece is my favorite manga of all time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back