• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One on One Phantom of the Opera

Jello

Phan
I'm looking for someone to do a Phantom of the Opera inspired role play with me. I doubt I'll have many takers, but I'll give it a shot.

My biggest concern when looking for a partner for this type of role play is that they be willing to stray from the original plot line with me. I've done many past fandom role plays and they end up feeling like an exact re telling of the original story. That's not what I'm looking for because I just don't find it very interesting. I'm looking for a new story, even if we use the canon characters.

I'm willing to play canon characters, OC's, or a mixture of both.

I would prefer to keep this particular role play MXF at least with the main characters. If you wanna double up on characters and have some side MXM or FXF I'm totally ok with that! The reason I say so is because I'm not as good at portraying MXM or FXF relationships so I'd like to keep that away from the two main characters.

Like I said, I want to steer clear of the original plot. However, touching on it is fine. I'd like to keep the time period and location mostly the same. I'd just like to add a good bit of variation to the events that happen within.

Here are some very vague, first draft ideas for basic plot lines I've come up with so far: (all of these are very loose ideas and open to changes/suggestions/add-ons. Also, open to completely new ideas as well)

OC's: role reversal in which a female character is haunting the opera house. Her male counter part comes in, perhaps as a casual show goer, mingles with the managers/cast/crew and hears stories of this female "ghost". He then goes on a search to find her and...

Canon Character Role Reversal: A literal reversal in which it is Christine that haunts the opera and Erik is the performer who comes in contact with her. Obviously this changes the personality of each of these canon characters and also changes their background/history. With this particular plot I would want to be very careful not to fall into the original plot line of the movie/book because it would be very easy to do so with just a canon role reversal. This would need a very creative story to keep it from heading for that path.

OC, Canon, or Mixture: a childhood friends plot in which Erik and Christine, at some point in their childhood, briefly became friends before being separated. They become reunited at the opera house in a situation similar to the original plot line, but again with a lot of variations. (OC's, or a combination of both Canon and OC characters could be used for this plot line as well)

Those are all I have so far. Again, I stress that I want to stay far away from the events of the original story and use some imagination to sort of recreate these characters/settings/plot lines, and make it something fresh and exciting.

Also, a little side note here. I would prefer to play the male character. I plan on doubling up our characters and would absolutely be willing to play some side female characters. But my main character I would prefer to be male, as I'm much better at portraying males.

Alright, I believe that's everything I needed to say about this. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or comment below. Hopefully I have someone who is still interested in this sort of thing.

Also, one last side note. I have a lot going on in my personal life at the moment and I will be pretty busy for about the next two weeks. I will be on as often as possible and after things slow down I plan on being on for a few hours a day at least. All I ask is that you bare with me in the meantime.

Thanks for reading! I hope someone is interested!

I forgot to mention that I'm willing to role play in both the forums and pms. Whatever works for you will work for me.

I
Still looking. Also, I have a more detailed plot if anyone happens to be interested.
*Raises hand* pick me! I am more than down for a phantom rp of any type, but would especially love an OC version, I would adore playing a female phantom. Feel free to pm me!

I

*Raises hand* pick me! I am more than down for a phantom rp of any type, but would especially love an OC version, I would adore playing a female phantom. Feel free to pm me!
Hey! I would love to role play with you. I would have sent you a pm but since I haven't reached the 10 post minimum to be able to send pms you would have to send me one first. Just so you know I've been really busy lately in my private life but I'm hoping that slows down within a week. So if I don't get back to you right away just know that I will be on as soon as possible and I will message you back right away

I'm still looking for partners for this. I don't mind having a couple role plays of the same fandom going at a time. So if anyone is interested this will pretty much always be open! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back