Other One fact a day makes for interesting ideas.

According to historians, only four total splinters of the True Cross have been confirmed, each located in major churches around the world. This was difficult to prove, as merchants in the Middle Ages often peddled regular splinters as part of the Cross to gullible peasants. About 98% of the entire Cross has yet to be identified.
I really appreciate Cross facts.

Esperanto is the most well known constructed international auxiliary language, this means, that Esperanto is a language created consciously instead of letting nature run its course to develop phonology, grammar and vocabulary.

PTSD was only recognized by the DSM in the 1980s. Before then, people were just considered crazy I guess. There was very little sympathy for soldiers during WW2 who demonstrated PTSD symptoms, and those who did were scorned.

PTSD was only recognized by the DSM in the 1980s. Before then, people were just considered crazy I guess. There was very little sympathy for soldiers during WW2 who demonstrated PTSD symptoms, and those who did were scorned.
For most of the 20th century, PTSD was often called "shellshock" or "combat exhaustion." Especially during WWI it was seen as cowardice, and many people suffering from severe PTSD were executed for not fighting. It's honestly heartbreaking, seeing as the same people who sent these people to fight killed them for the trauma they received.

Punching is a good way to hurt someone, but the surface of impact needs to aim towards a soft point to make lasting damage. A slap actually hurts more and stings due to the way it hits against the surface. This is a reason getting punched hurts, but getting slapped stings for longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back