• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Once Upon A Time

mood6

a roleplay by mood6 mood6

once upon a time
!

Happy endings aren't always what we think they'll be

main

gms

admin

tag one, tag two

dream a little harder

starkid

• introducing

Once upon a time, all our fairy tales were real. And sure, they weren't as happy as the disney bullshit they feed kids, but happy endings existed. That is, until now. The evil queen (yes that one) put a curse upon fairy tale land, otherwise known as the enchanted forest. Everyone there was transported to our world, to live their worst nightmares. Suddenly they have to deal with taxes, 401ks, and the fact that no one remembers their real past. All their stories are just gone, locked away in their brains because of the curse. So, they all have lives which the evil queen designed for them, with varying levels of suffering based on their relationship with her. And no one can save them

Yes, this is technically based on the show Once Upon a Time where there is a savior who fixes everything and blah blah blah. Here, there is no such thing. There's no way back to the enchanted forest, at least that we know of. However, that doesn't mean this curse is all powerful. It is possible to regain your memories, it just takes time and a lot of questioning reality. To help with that, a sprinkling of important items have been brought over from the enchanted forest, which you may be able to find in various locations around our town, Storybrooke. Of course, that'll take a while so for now we're stuck like this.

So, this is based on the show OUAT but you don't have to have seen it to join. A few notes, we're saying this curse was just put in place. However, due to the nature of the curse, these characters all already know one another. Also, magic is not a part of this world yet, so no characters will have special abilities or anything just yet. That may be a later plot line

a

b

c

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
May I please claim the jabberwocky?

hey uhis the musical version of anistasia cannon? cause i'd like to be gleb... if not, elsa?

edit: AaAAhg whY does everything need discordddddd

Totally here for Gretal or maybe a version of the Huntsman? Who knows!
Feel free to join the discord, so we can chat!
hey uhis the musical version of anistasia cannon? cause i'd like to be gleb... if not, elsa?

edit: AaAAhg whY does everything need discordddddd
At least for me, discord is a lot easier to communicate. I can send gifs, pictures, private messages, etc. From a gm standpoint, it's very helpful. Where I may need to make several threads or private message people, I can just create different channels and roles for a roleplay. I can also organize things, give reminders, and talk to people a lot easier. It also helps keep out people who are too young to be on the site who wouldn't have access to discord. I understand this makes some people unable to participate in my threads, but I think it has more positives than negatives.

At least for me, discord is a lot easier to communicate. I can send gifs, pictures, private messages, etc. From a gm standpoint, it's very helpful. Where I may need to make several threads or private message people, I can just create different channels and roles for a roleplay. I can also organize things, give reminders, and talk to people a lot easier. It also helps keep out people who are too young to be on the site who wouldn't have access to discord. I understand this makes some people unable to participate in my threads, but I think it has more positives than negatives.
i know, and i understand. this looks like a really fun rp, i just have had issues with adding people on discord in the past... yall have fun, i wish i could have joined! :)

I am an absolute sucker for twisted/fractured fairy tales. I would be interested in Belle and/or Christopher Robin? I know the latter is a bit obscure so I understand if you would prefer I didn't use that character.

I am an absolute sucker for twisted/fractured fairy tales. I would be interested in Belle and/or Christopher Robin? I know the latter is a bit obscure so I understand if you would prefer I didn't use that character.
Welcome to the rp! We've already spoken on the discord but the list here is now updated! Thank you for your understanding when it wasn't
I am very interested! I’d love to play Rapunzel if that’s available.
Yep, that's now reserved for ya. Hop on the discord so we can all get to know one another!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back