• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Once I Had The Rarest Rose...[Vampire Stories]

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

Cruel Winter Chilled The Bud

And Stole My Flower Too Soon

Vampires

Welcome to my search for partners interested in vampire threads! I have many, many ideas, however, I am also very attached to how I depict my vampires. Think Anne Rice and Vampire: the Requiem-esque. All the details of how I like my vampires are in this thread, as are my rules, and my plots.

So, without further ado, let's get to the point of things, shall we? First things first are the rules, then the Vampire-specific rules, and then finally, my plots!

Rules:

1. Don't God-Mod. In other words, don't make my character speak, don't make my character, don't make my character take damage, and don't control my character. If you want something to go a certain way for plot purposes, just PM me and ask. Usually, I accept "god-modding" during travel and the like. It is usually acceptable to assume movement if a character is already committed to the journey.

2. Please be able to play both genders, and play multiple roles. Your main character(s) may be just male or just female, but I expect all the side characters and NPCs to have life and flavor, too.

3. On the note of characters: I will always play one female character. So, be aware of that. With that said, I usually also always play one male character, and I do MxM, MxF, and FxF pairings, though I prefer MxF.

4. I only RP on threads, so no PM rps with me. So that I know you’ve read the rules this far, please tell me about your favorite food!

5. Please be able to write more than a couple of sentences as responses to me. I have tried to do “simple” RPs, but I end up not feeling motivated to respond or continue the RP. I will need you to be able to write a paragraph or two, each post, at least.

6. PM if you are interested. The only reason for you not to PM me is if you cannot do so due to the fact you haven't reached 24 hours/10 posts.

Guidelines:

1. I do not like to be hassled for posts. Especially if I have already posted that day or the day before. Do not bother me for posts until at least two days have passed. Otherwise, I will start to resent our RP and lose interest in it.

2. I enjoy OOC talk, however I will not respond to "hi" or "-poke-" or equivalents. Have substance to the chatter, even if it just asking "How are you?".

3. Do not bump our thread if I have not posted. I will not post out of spite. I have a problem with this, I acknowledge it, I'm not fixing it.

4. On that matter, please keep OOC to PMs and not on our IC thread. IC is for posting. If you have a question, concern, or comment, just shoot me a PM.

5. In general, I do not enjoy immediate romances or "slice-of-life" RPs, so do not come to me expecting I'll do either. I may make rare exceptions.

Vampire Rules:

So, you want to play with vampires? Let me give you an idea of how I see vampires, then.

The Physical

In a word, my vampires are the "undead".

My vampires cannot go out in the sunlight. It will kill them. They are also usually quite weak to fire, to damage to the heart, and to beheading. They can potentially starve to death, as well, but they can feed on animal, human, and vampire blood.

They cannot reproduce with each other, and they cannot reproduce with humans. Their only means of reproduction are by spreading their "undeath" to others. All vampires were once humans.

So why be a vampire with all these weaknesses? Time has frozen for the dead. You remain as you were before death, age-wise. You are stronger, faster, better, harder--I mean, your senses have improved, as have your reflexes, and they can potentially grow even more powerful through honing them. You are the top of the food chain.

Vampires are usually in existence, for me, since human civilizations started. There are the potential for ones older than that, but let's keep it on the human timetable. Obviously, the majority of vampires will not be that old.

Some negotiable things that I enjoy include: the idea of vampire blood is the best tasting/potentially addictive, and to toy with the idea of Amaranth (read: drinking the heart's blood and inheriting the power of the other vampire). I also enjoy the theme of the "beast" in the vampire, or a nature that the vampire inherits upon becoming a vampire that an make them become a bloodthirsty monster, a primal aspect that is a "curse" to be overcome, but that is negotiable.

I also enjoy playing with the idea that vampires can have powers beyond just being really strong. They can hypnotize. They can manipulate blood. I usually like to limit it to "one power" per vampire, but if Amaranth is in play, that can get...messy. Obviously, an ambitious vampire seeking power is going to cannibalize for it, and I'd love to play with that.

The Society

Vampires do not have a monarchy, over all of them. In some locations, some vampires may rule as Kings or Queens, but there is no overarching hierarchy that every vampire everywhere listens to.

There are, however, vampires that are renowned and generally respected (or feared) wherever they go. There is a council of elder vampires who try to maintain a few rules, and they expect other vampires everywhere to adhere to these rules. Generally, they are in place so that vampires do not destroy each other and so that they are not revealed to humanity. Other than that, the Council is rather hands-off, and mostly meet to catch up with each other, flaunt and taunt, and antagonize old rivals.

I say this to prevent people coming from me with characters that are "vampire princesses, kings, queens" and the like. I do not play with vampires that accept a monarch on a world-wide scale. Local, perhaps.

The Mental and the Emotional

Just to be clear: your vampire was once human. If they've lived a long time, do your research on the culture they were a part of, and the times that have impacted them and shaped them into who they are now. Do they cling to their past? Does feeding on humans bother them? Do they try to change and fit in?

Explore this fun and beautiful thing called immortality. Don't make them all angsty like goddamn Louis (I mean, yes, some can be, but come on!).

Plots!

Gilded Blood: Old and new vampires. Secrets in a city. Supernatural destruction. Discovery and challenging traditions.

Old and new vampires collide in a city with a tightly-kept secret…or fifty.

In a large American city, a group of vampires have ruled as aristocrats for centuries. They are quite unwilling to give up their lofty positions, and over time, they've grown strict and unyielding, or that is how the neonates see them. What few know is that the founding members hide a secret that has the potential to destroy their society as they know it, and they will kill to keep it hidden.

This secret is up for discussion, but it was sealed away. It could be a powerful spirit, a demon, or a vampire that was too difficult to kill. Whatever the case, these neonates are obviously going to stumble upon it, release it, and unleash hell.

It isn't that simple, of course. The Elders and the Neonates have their own secrets bound up in all the years they've lived, and they'll start to come out as they all have to pull together. Some will be damning. Some will be weaknesses. Many of them will test whether or not these bloodsuckers can remain loyal to each other.

Will the neonates take the opportunity to dethrone the Elders, who hid such a dangerous secret?

Will the elders oust the neonates for not following the rules and releasing this hell?

And what secrets can they use in the long game of long life and blackmail? What alliance will forge in the darkness, and which ones will break?

To play in Gilded Blood, you will likely need to be up for playing at least one Elder and one Neonate, and potentially three characters total, as well as plenty of NPCs. The main cast will be vampires. There may be room for hunters and demons, if we go with demons being the thing sealed.

Blue Bloods: Vampire families. Wealth and bloody pasts. Old and new enemies collide. Hunters and vampires.

Council politics. Fame and infamy. Hedonism and Stoicism. Old Flames and Older Rivals.

There is a family with two members that stand on the Vampire Council. Two are old, and the third is young. This family has a bloody history, and a not so savory reputation, though they seem to have cleaned up their act since the Renaissance period. It is now the modern era, and they own an international hotel business that helps to cater to the supernatural. They are rich. They are powerful. They are loved, and they are despised, by vampire and hunter alike.

Since "settling" they have been a key part in opening negotiations with hunters around the globe, and keeping their own "in line". They also hunt down other occult happenings. They've been stirred from their havens in London by a particular disturbance in New Orleans. Daughter and Son travel, leaving the Father to tend to European matters.

This disturbance could be issues with the American vampires, a supernatural happening, or an issue with hunters in the area. I intend to play the whole family, and the roles available are completely open in this case: normal human dragged into it, hunters, other vampires--whatever will work with the plot we devise from this disturbance.

I especially love to play this one with Amaranth and Addictive Blood in play, to help give sense to the early "blood lust" of the elders of the family. It isn't necessary, but it does add for a fantastically taboo twist, and temptations abound with other vampires in play who may know of it.

Eternal Knowledge: Demons and vampires strike a deal. Faustian contracts. Pursuit of freedom, truth, and meaning.

Demons and vampires, the “greater good” and the “greater evil”. Faustian Contracts.

A vampire makes a deal with a demon: their soul and/or their servitude, for knowledge of the cosmos. The vampire has all of eternity to take in this information, and the demon gets to be away from hell for all that time—what could be better?

Obviously, not everyone is going to be happy with this. There is plenty of room for conflict in the relationship between the Demon and the Vampire, of course.

There is also room for conflict if the Vampire has a friend, which I usually like to include and play myself. I had a fun RP going on for a while where said friend went to a witch to try and get assistance in removing the Contract. It never finished. A pious vampire might also go to a priest, a minister, or any other number of religious figures that we could play with.

Other vampires might become jealous or afraid if they learn of this.

Then, there's angels and demons who wouldn't want the demon free to roam about.

This should all escalate to something, and we can discuss that. I will be playing the vampire in the Vampire and Demon deal. I would also like to play the Vampire's friend if we want to go that route, but that is negotiable. We can also discuss whether or not demon blood is a thing that vampires can drink, because that's probably important, and if it has any side-effects, good or bad.

Waxing and Waning: Original vampires. Old blood and old power. Rebellion. Vampire-run world.

Original vampires. Vampires won, humans are cattle. Rebellion.

There were 7 vampires who came about by no other vampire. These 7 claim to be originals. There was a time, supposedly, when they all met and set down the rules that the others have governed themselves by ever since. One of these rules, set down by the council, was that they were to keep their existence secret from humanity.

Then came 2000, and in a large city a vampire swaggered into the city and threw all of that into chaos. It's now 3000--the war with the humans is done. Vampires rule. The war lasted through centuries, ending approximately 300 years ago. Technology did not advance much, and if anything, it died out some. Not all vampires kept up with things, and many of the humans who did understand were slaughtered.

Resistance still exists. And the 7 may still be around...or at least, some of them. One, going under the moniker Lord Edom, certainly does--he set all of this in motion back in 2000.

I generally look to play this with a main rebel character, and then Lord Edom as a major villain. I'd also enjoy playing with Cain as one of the "original" vampires and potential rival to Edom. How we set this up, and the spread of characters, though, is all up for discussion!

General Pairings I Like, and Related Fandoms:

• Vampire Princess Miyu

• Vampire Hunter D

• Elder VampirexElder Vampire

• Elder VampirexYounger Vampire

• SirexChilde

• VampirexHunter

• VampirexHuman

• VampirexDhampir

• DhampirxDhampir

• DhampirxHuman

• DhampirxHumanoid

• VampirexSupernatural

Last edited:
Hello, I have read you request, and I agree to all of it, but there are some parts you might have to explain to me further in. But other than, I like your ideas. 

PS. I like most foods.

Oh. My. God. Finally someone with the same ideas on vampires as me, that they need weaknesses as well as strengths! I bow to you *bows*. And on that note, I am most definitely interested in roleplaying with you, if you're still open for partners. 

As for my favorite food... It depends on the meal. Southwestern Omelets for breakfast, I don't do lunch, Lasagna for dinner, and Red Velvet Cake for dessert. 

Also, one thing you didn't mention that I'm curious about your opinion on: Vampires and human food. Can they consume it at all, or did death limit them to a blood only diet? I personally like toying with the idea that they can consume small amounts without too much trouble, but it has no benefit for them and has less flavor than it would have if they had still been living, essentially everything would taste bland other than blood, so the only reason they would have to eat at all would be for blending-in purposes. What do you think?

Hoi! My favorite food is (mmm) Shrimp Tempura (mouth is seriously watering irl rn)

I love vampires (sorta)! I'm very interested in this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
:P I see you read some of the rules, but not quite all, Sans! Shoot me a PM with what you're interested in, in particular!

I know I just bumped this but I'm craving a Vampire Hunter D RP so much - the comic Message From Mars just started, and I am already in love with it! If anyone is interested in this, please hit me up, haha.

I'm interested. I'll shoot you a PM with some details, but I had a short question first. (Sushi is my favorite food).

Would you be interested in a story taking place in pre-Victorian (possibly victorian) period or earlier? I'm not a big fan of the modern settings in general.

Depends on how much research I have to do. I haven't been huge into doing much quite honestly, so if it is going to be a heavily researched/historically accurate RP, then probably not that interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back