• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy On Treacherous Tides & Whirling Winds

Fable

₮ⱧɆ ₥Ɏ₮Ⱨ, ₮ⱧɆ ⱠɆ₲Ɇ₦Đ, ₮ⱧɆ ₣₳฿ⱠɆ
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
[div class=topimg][/div][div class=fyuricontain][div class=imagecontainer][div class=mainimage][div class=header]On Treacherous Tides
&
Whirling Winds[/div][/div][/div][div class=txtcontain]
Ahoy there mateys! Might ye be interested in a proposal of an adventure of a lifetime? Come see the world, find great treasures, and learn the lore of the vast world! We just need to you sign this waiver! N-No need to read the fine print I assure my friend!

Ah, good good, thanks much for your signature mate, you're in for a blast, just mind the gunpowder barrels and whatever you do, don't piss off the cook.

[div class=music1]Click for Mood Music
[div class=music2]
[/div][/div][div class=txt]Welcome to a pirate's life! On Treacherous Tides & Whirling Winds is a high science fantasy epic which your characters embark on various pirate exploits. You'll explore the world seeking treasures while learning the myths and legends of the world all while fighting against various enemies; ancient monsters, naval ships, and other pirates.

[div class=smh]About the World[/div]
Tune is the name of the world which this take place in during a time period similar to that of our of Golden Age of Piracy. Absolute Monarchies, Theocracies, and Plutocracies are the major powers in control over the various countries that exist. It is a time of war and wealth which pirates take full advantage of. However, there is more to the world than meets the eye. Large ancient structures of unknown origin are vastly spread throughout the world with technology that is far more advance than what is currently available.

There are many theories about these ancient ruins but so far no answers beyond the ones provided as propaganda. Most believe they are the works of Gods who have abandoned their creation. Relics of whoever or whatever created these ruins fetch a pretty price resulting in a very competitive and deadly market.

The world is also full of danger in the form of dangerous beasts on land, sea, and even sky. From the legendary Kraken to the mythical Roc there are many kinds of fantastical creatures one can encounter. You best know which to avoid though lest you become a beast's meal.

Come explore the world. Encounter danger. Learn the lore. Gain wealth and notoriety.

[div class=smh]Roles & Races[/div]
There are a few limited named roles that players may opt to apply in addition to the generic role of Crew. The named roles are specific positions on a ship and characters must fulfill their duty if they are allowed a particular named role. This means if your character is the Surgeon they will do the tasks of a Surgeon when required of them.

Named roles are not first come first served and are under stricter scrutiny, so players who create a pirate with no knowledge of anything medical obviously would not be accepted as the Surgeon for example. Generic Crew roles will always be open to those interested in joining this criminal crew, so if you don't get selected for a named role you can still join as a normal crew member.

You can be nearly any fantastical race (not sci-fi or futuristic) you want to be or you can just be a normal human, just remember they have to be able to work on a pirate ship. Your character will be part of a savvy pirate crew who has joined for whatever reason.

[div class=smh]High science fantasy epic, what now?[/div]
Science Fantasy is a mixed genre that contains both science fiction and fantasy elements. TTWW is a more high fantasy than science fiction, but there are some science fiction elements that exist within this universe that has enough influence within the roleplay to change it to this mixed genre.

[div class=smh]Interested?[/div]
Lemme know.
Birdsie Birdsie Noble Scion Noble Scion Tarmagon Tarmagon BackSet BackSet (People who showed interest in the teaser info and friends I wanna drag in)

[/div][/div][/div][div class=bottomimg][/div]
[class=fyuricontain] max-width:1053px; min-height:600px; margin:auto; background:url('https://i.imgur.com/ROvSFjm.jpg'); overflow:hidden; color:#000; [/class] [class=imagecontainer] max-width: 1053px; height: 580px; margin: auto!important; background-size:cover; line-height: 0px; [/class] [class=mainimage] position:relative; z-index:2; height: 100%; width: 100%; pointer-events: none; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/xBKXI63.png) no-repeat center center; background-size:cover; background-position:left; [/class] [class=header] max-width:400px; position:relative; top:100px; z-index:3; font-family: 'Trade Winds', cursive; color:rgba(0,0,0, 0.5); font-size:50px; line-height:40px; text-align:center; [/class] [class=txtcontain] position:relative; z-index:1; [/class] [class=txt] padding:25px 30px 0px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#313131; [/class] [class=smh] display:inline; font-family: 'Trade Winds', cursive; font-size:20px; [/class] [class=bottomimg] max-width:1053px; min-height:174px; margin:auto; background:url('https://i.imgur.com/z8BZsi3.png') no-repeat; [/class] [class=topimg] max-width:1053px; min-height:174px; margin:auto; background:url('https://i.imgur.com/C2YTdWE.png') no-repeat; [/class] [script class=music1 on=click] slideToggle 1000 music2 [/script] [class=music1] color:#000; text-decoration:underline; cursor: url(https://i.imgur.com/tpfY9S6.png), auto; [/class] [class=music2] display:none; cursor: url(https://i.imgur.com/tpfY9S6.png), auto; [/class]

Last edited:
*Your pal Birdsie dabs into the thread*

How about I grab that Surgeon position?

*Your pal Birdsie dabs into the thread*

How about I grab that Surgeon position?
Lol, I haven't even posted the OTHER threads, shush!

A wild vampunk!
The wildest of 'em all!

Gloomy urban cities and gothic castles are my usual habitat but hey, some sunny pirate fun seems like just the holiday I needed. Now let's just hope there's sunscreen strong enough.

In an attempt to bring myself back into roleplaying, i shall join, or at least start to work on the cs.

Hm, defiantly intreasted, any more spots open? Maybe a master gunner?
There is still room, but there isn't a named role for a master gunner, though that can easily be a 'class' type of you wanted.

Blimey! Me rusty beard be late for the party. Tis time to teach em bilge-sucking landlubbers a lesson in plunder!
Rusty Beard! I fully expect something of that nature huehue.

There is still room, but there isn't a named role for a master gunner, though that can easily be a 'class' type of you wanted.

Rusty Beard! I fully expect something of that nature huehue.
Actrually, is first mate taken?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back