On the Run

Just outside the village was a handsome looking man, who appeared to be incredibly strong yet intelligent, since he was selecting choice herbs and plants. Upon discovering the village, he decides to walk in to check out any shops they may have.
However, immediately upon entering the anti-magic field connected with him, causing the magical clasp on his cloak to overload and cut out, destroying the delicate enchantment locked within. As a result, the illusion that it provided fell revealing the horrifying truth to the town.
Screams from the townsfolk could be heard for miles as the skeleton walked around the town, somewhat angry for his enchantment to beak...it was a gift from a friend, after all.

"When did he get here!?" Eryn looked to see the man tackled on the ground. "Elijah, how skilled are you with your magic? I might have an idea, nows not the time to falter. If you buy me a small bit of time I can create a nullification circle and pair a reflector barrier around him." Eryn then points to Karlos. Then, some of the towns folk come screaming from inside town, only to stop and stare at the battle outside the barrier. "Oh come on! What now, is there some skeleton monster running through the place?" Then, Eryn pats Elijah on the back, "Come on, I need to get me a window." Eryn then crouches and begins making a circle big enough to fit him and friends.

(Yeah, my bad, i was kinda hoping it would be comical, i can change it if you want. Like the people running away wee coming from insdie the town, and he was making a joke assumption saying that the "monster is on the other side of the town from the battle)

(fair enough, but he isnt battling. im not bothered, i dont mind jumps to conclusions, but at the same time...there would be no sounds of battling.)

The skeleton seems perfectly able to walk through the shield (Lithi is more like a soul possessing an object than a magical construct, and a powerful mage anyways. I doubt the shield would slow him down) and seems to be looking for a specific building. He doesn't seem hostile in any way.

Kreig pulls Autumn into a protective embrace, keeping a wary eye on Karlos incase he decides to teleport. "Doesn't matter if you are useless in battle, not everyone is a born fighter. I grew up defending my self in the wild, so I am accustomed to combat. Besides, you have this group, who has already shown they will protect you, even though it hasn't even been 24 hours since we met you." Pulling her closer, Kreig wrapped his old coat around her. "If you really want, I can start to train you with a dagger next time we camp."

SarachaSauz06 SarachaSauz06 BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Elijah nodded as Eryn got up. "Okay, I'll likely forget though, so here it is: Don't do that again." Then, Eryn spoke again, something about nullification circles? Why do we need that? Elijah thought curiously. Then, he sensed what Eryn was referring. He turned, seeing Karlos with a blade against his throat. Annoyed, he said, "Seriously? Well, that makes two out of three people who want to kill us. I pray to Sarem the last doesn't show." He sighed, and then considered Eryn's question. "Fairly skilled, I'd say." BS. You're much more than fairly skilled, a voice in his mind nagged him. True, but I can't risk anything too strenuous. Not after what happened last time.

"I should be able to buy you enough time, depending on that Kirin's power." Elijah's mind went to the book, and he mentally flipped through the pages, finding what he needed. He then skimmed the edges of Karlos' mind, unwilling to get any deeper than he had to. Quickly, he enacted the spell. Surprised, he felt the mind fighting back. He audibly grunted with the effort.

"Damn! Been a while since I've been up against a mind that put up a fight like this. I'm rusty. Give me a minute..." Elijah put forth a burst of effort, and Karlos' defenses temporarily crumbled. Taking advantage of the opportunity, he managed to get the spell through. He felt the mind he'd handicapped try to reject the spell, but it would hold him for at least a bit. He stayed in Karlos' mind, forcing the spell to work. He looked at Karlos in the real world, and a new expression had come across his face, one of intense concentration. With a struggle, he managed to speak to Eryn.

"Okay, I'm holding him. He 's-" Elijah grunted. "-definitely not new to this. Work quickly, he'll be incapacitated for a bit. I can only guarantee you a minute, but I might can hold him longer."

Karlos grunted, his eyes narrowed as his mind barrier was broken and he felt his body reject any movement, but he was working on it slowly. Pushing the force from his mind, he was using so much power to do so that his body began to shift from it's human form to his Kirin form. More power flood into him, "A-autumn..." He growled out the words she was his, his target, his play toy. His every bit of twist sense of love. Now in his Kirin form the girl was off him but his body wasn't moving as it should.

Autumn nodded slowly, she heard Karlos say her name and looked over to him. She didn't know what was going on but she didn't like it even if he wanted her dead. "S-stop..." She said softly at first but then much louder. "Stop it now!!!" She pulled away from Krieg taking the chance and opportunity that Karlos was trapped in a way. Her kirin form burst free flames flared around her as she rushed to Karlos. Her horn glowed and a firey ring circled his horn. "No... Don't..." It was too late Autumn already had placed a binding spell on him. She didn't know what they had planned on doing but this was the best bet to keep his powers trapped. Her kirin form seemed to shatter, as she fell her knees. "What have you done?!!?" Karlos practically screamed at her. A dark band formed around Autumn's neck, "I can't...Watch you hurt them or them hurt you..." She whispered before falling unconsciously to the ground, her powerful presence seeming to have vanished.

Merci turned as Karlos screamed only to watch Autumn fall to the ground. She didn't know what had happened but Hogo was free of her and circling her frantically. "Merci..I I am sorry if I was..." That's all she heard, her brain instantly jumped to the conclusion that Autumn was dead. She shoved her sword back into it's sheath and ran for her, "Autumn?!?" She skidded to a stop on the ground checking Autumn's pulse. She sighed as she felt it, but it was very slow and faint. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER KARLOS!?!!" She grabbed him by his mane glaring into his eyes. "It's what she did not I..." His eyes held a solemn gloom in them. "She sealed my powers by giving up hers...When we don't have a master that's what happens but when we do it doesn't take our powers..."

"Alright, done. Guys, move from this guy I'm gonna put some reflecting barriers around him." Eryn walks over, tense from the feeling that he no longer feels Autumn's presence, despite looking at her. Within a moment, the circle is set. "Get Autumn inside town barrier that's strong enough to hold back this one."
Eryn knelt down next to Merci, come on, we have to get her inside the barrier, she's done a lot already. We need to return the favor. "Elijah when your ready, the reflectors will hold him still, but I don't know for how long. If you can step into the nullification barrier and begin to release large quantities of magic energy, the barrier will discharge it into him as a flame" Eryn finished while pointing at Karlos. Then steps inside the town barrier. "You guys might want to get in her as well. It's gonna get hot out there. I hope this works. The Order better learn from this example." Eryn begins to think a loud, "Never killed a man, but is will be the first time, hopefully the last time as well."

(How flame retardant is Karlos. If a lot cool, cause this next one is gonna hurt if he doesn't die, so it's up to you, BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising , whether he lives or not. Also, if you want me to, I'll change it so it doesn't come off as OP.)

(haha well see Karlos has pretty much just been bound to Autumn and is now kinda her bitch!!! XD at the cost of her power the only way she can get her powers back if he dies. Also a fire Kirin having bound him he is fire resistant. But I'm not sure if I want him to die just yet.)

Karlos glared at Eryn as he came up to him ready to do whatever spell he had planned. Merci nodded and picked up Autumn slowly. It was only a bit hard for her to do so but she could manage it. She shifted Autumn's weight so it was more comfortable for her.

Autumn was in a deep slumber dreaming of her previous master. A smile crossed her face softly as she was at his side once more.

(haha it happens I have my own little world or characters and stories so don't feel to bad!!!! XD Should be interesting!!!)

After getting thrown off of Karlos a scar on Lania's back opened up. Injured she tried to rush back to him as the girl he pined down earlier took away his powers and fell unconscious. And when Eyrn was building his spell she grabbed Mika's hand and rand into the city's barrier.

Now inside the town Mika tended to her half-sister's wounds taking a bottle of special water and dumping the whole thing down Lania's back. "We need to stop finding ways to run into those guys." Mika jokingly said as she applied a bandage to the open scar and making sure that none of her sibling's other scars were open too. "Yea that might be the best thing I've heard to today, other than where he is of course." Mika was initially confused by Lania's comment by fore excitedly answering "You mean our big brother right!" clasping her hands together she rushed to see if she could help with Autumn leaving Lania to her own devices.

with her older sibling helping tend to Autumn Lania turned to watch Eryn and Elijah's spell do it's thing before being drawn to large horde of soldiers from the order running for their lives. "
Get to the barrier surely it will keep that monstrosity from-" Lania able to overhear that much before a large vermilion plumed bird dropped from the sky and landed in front of the men. Spreading it's wings the bird cried out causing the soldiers to cower in fear before flapping is wings and sending out a torrent of flame in their direction. "If his familiar is here then where is he?" Lania scanned the strangely unburnt trees outside the town searching for someone among them, though ultimately found nothing but the charred remains of the soldiers their armor still glowing from the intense heat that had just incinerated them. she sighed before turning back to her sister who was just kneeling next to Autumn frozen from shock.

(master of disaster...again, also is just me or has anyone else not gotten any notifications from this tread show up?)

Kreig was surprised when Autumn broke free from him, leaped in the direction of Karlos, then collapsed. Assuming the worst, Kreig put on a passive face, but had the fires of anger burning in his eyes. Sheathing his sword, Kreig walked over to Karlos, and smashed the head of the cane into his jaw. Having temporarily satisfied his burning rage, Kreig knelt at Autumns side. "I don't think we should stay in the town any longer. It's high time we left. I can carry Autumn and any who can't fly. Let's put as much distance between Karlos and us." Kreig stood up, his face a blank slate that hid the storm beneath. He stepped to the side a ways, to ensure no one was squashed, then changed into dragon form. Lowering a wing so people could climb on, Kreig said, "Let's go, no time to waste."

Lithi sees a fight going on, and decides to watch. Hey, a resourceful man like him wouldn't pass up a freshly killed soul, would he?
He pulls out a strange crystal from his bag, as he moves over to watch.

"Wait, I have to grab my bag from the room, I knew we were, but this is ahead of schedule!" Eryn shout mid turn, then sprints towards the Inn. On his way there he spots a peculiar looking character, but he was so fast he didn't have time to stop and stare. The Innkeeper stopped Eryn abruptly on his way out, "Woah! Where do you think your going, buddy? You gotta pay for the rooms, there's a fee for havin' more to a room then recommended." "Are you serious, I'm in a hurry! Here, take your money!" Eryn there a wad of gold and silver at the man, overpaying, but he was also angry at the man for interrupting his stride. "Happy!" Eryn darts out the Inn. This time, he stops at the figure he passed on the way in. Eryn looks left, seeing his companions hurrily getting ready to go and signalling him to hurry there. But he only bounced hopped on one foot and went to the figure, noticing the cloak that was being worn. In some rushed words, "Excuse me, have I seen you from somewhere. Your cloak is very familiar. But, umm, do you mind coming with me, the town doesn't seem too fond. Sorry it's so sudden, but we kinda just hit a rock in a hard place, I think that's how you- nevermind. I need to ask a few questions." Not sure he sees or hears a response, Eryn then signals the group he's on his way. And begins to run to them.
(fair point) The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

Last edited:
( SarachaSauz06 SarachaSauz06 , are you referring to my character? sorry, but all i have to go on is 'cloak'. which i imagine a lot of people have. if you do mention my characters in the future, would you mind taggin me to let me know? makes life easier)

(nee bother)

Lithi looks surprised at the man (not that he'd be able to tell). It's a bit odd that he seems able to recognize one skeleton over another - curious. He nods, then follows him. As he does so, he places the crystal back into his satchel. The poor innkeeper looks shocked, almost terrified, as Lithi's old bones creaked as they stepped into the inn itself, and he goes pale as Lithi's unnatural green glowing...eyesockets stare him down.

SarachaSauz06 SarachaSauz06

Seeing Eryn running over, Kreig prepared to take off so they could leave as soon as he got on. With everyone on his back, Kreig had to be careful not to go directly upward when flying. As soon as Eryn had climbed aboard, Kreig jumped into the air, flapping his wings a few times to reach an altitude that was outside the normal spell range. Turning to face north, towards the mountains, Kreig sped forward, but keeping a moderate pace to unsure no one flew off. "Zydran can shelter us, at least, until we devise a plan." After about 5 hours of flying, Kreig starts to descend. Landing gracefully at the mouth of a monstrous cave, Kreig calls inside, "Mom, I have guests!" After a moment, a low shaking occured as a dragon larger than could be described emerged. "Bring them in, I have rooms in the upper cavern for them to reside in."

Zydran: (human in front of dragon on ledge for scale)
60fdb7d3797f134fcb88d017d2235a9a.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread