On the Run

"There is not need for anyone to sleep on the floor, as I am fairly certain we can at least order more mattresses. However, if you feel more comfortable sleeping on the floor, I won't stop you, as I myself prefer the ground. Kreig went down to the front desk and asked if it was possible to get more beds. After a quick chat, Kreig cam back upstairs with the bad tidings. "I was wrong, we can't get anymore beds due to how pack the inn is this season. Anyone who wants a bed, work it out with the others, I would prefer a place on the floor near the fireplace." Kreig took a log and the tinderbox, and procceeded to start a small fire.

"Yeah, I would like to hear more about you, too, Elijah." Eryn said in agreeance of Merci.

Last edited:
(xD *is now here*)

Elijah listened to their conversation silently, absorbing the information they provided. When she got to the part about the Order, he instinctively flinched. They were not his favorite people, and he knew quite certainly that he wasn't theirs. He looked between Merci and Eryn as they questioned him.

"Well...that's a difficult question to answer. As you've likely pieced together, I'm a mage. My full name is Elijah Kaylen, and for the past year, I've traveled in order to learn as much as I can, and do my best to secure important tomes and relics for the posterity of the Mages. Possible enemies, well..." Elijah mentally went through the large number of people he'd manage to piss off in the past year. "...there's quite a few. Most notably, someone unknown has been out for me for about a month now, but I can't figure out who it is. However, the Order in particular are not fond of me either. I might have," he cleared his throat awkwardly, "stolen a few things." A short pause. "And killed one of their priests." A slightly longer pause. "And mistakenly burnt down a library full of their holy texts." The longest pause thus far. "In my defense though, they started it."

As he said all this, he considered telling them of his amnesia, but something held him back.

Feng-Shui-Gold-I-ching-Coins-Money-Tree-with-Chinese-Coin-Bag-Wealth-H-7-8inch.jpg
"Well then, sounds like a fun time." Eryn joked, "If you don't mind me asking, what have you 'procured' thus far, I have a little knowledge on the contents of their inventory. I was gifted this and told it was from the Order," Eryn lifts up the bag of coins, "Divine prayer bag, has an infinite amount of coins, but uses my magical energy to do anything, though." Eryn then looks to Merci, "Took all I had to keep her from dying...But, it was worth it...My teacher always said, 'Money isn't made to last, family and friends are.'" Eryn said while imitating the voice of his mentor. "But, I shan't reminisce, there isn't time for that." Then, he tucks the bag back into his coat.
SarachaSauz06: needs to get more salsa...and tortilla chips

Merci did her best to hold back laughter as Elijah told them all about why the Order was after him. "I am thankfully not on the Order's list for now because they don't know about me. The only one I need to worry about is Karlos." Autumn had already signed off into a deep sleep. She had been weakened by the smell of the blood and it made her tired.

Karlos paced back and forth, " I didn't want to fight today but later on trust me you'll all be summoned and in a place that isn't anti magic.

After FINALLY lighting the fire, Kreig turns to Merci and asks "How easy is it for Karlos to find us after we leave this town. I know that if we get to Zydran, she can protect us, but I don't want to have to face him while traveling. A few possible strategies could be to leave separately and meet up outside in the forest, however we run the risk of Karlos getting to Autumn with no one to protect her. Alternatively, we could all leave together, stronger in numbers sort of thing, but we would be more easily spotted." Kreig leaned against the fire place, considering different strategies for escape. Being the type of person he is, Kreig's thoughts wandered to why he was still here. He really didn't even know why he was still trying to help these people, he barely just met them. The conclusion he came to in the end was, these were the first few people he had ever not totally hated, well except maybe that Elijah guy, he was a bit iffy. In the end, Kreig decided he should rest, think over escape strategies in his sleep. "I think I am gonna follow Autumn's example and sleep. It's been a few days since I last slept and I'm starting to feel a little tired. Merci, why don't you move Autumn to one of the beds, she could use the comfort." Kreig took his coat, rolled it up as a pillow and curled up next to the fireplace, not even bothering to take of his suit, as he knew the fabric was incapable of wrinkling.

Merci bent down next to Autumn and ran a hand through her mane. "She is fine. Anyways you guys should get some sleep." She stood and turned to walk out of the room, "I'll see you guys later." She opened the door and closed it leaning against it her blade formed. "Now maybe I can go get that drink I was going to get..." She whispered with her eyes closed.

(hmm...ik its different on the sheet...but im sorta tempted to make deja what she was in the original thing she was for (not on rpn) where she was created by gods along with her brothers to create the world...hmm...idk, prolly a bit op. XD)

Meanwhile, in a nearby lake, a large whirlpool forms in the centre of it as a bright blue light emanates from it. A few seconds later, a woman emerges from the lake's surface and walks to the shore.

The woman is strange looking for several reasons. Firstly, she is made entirely out of magic water. Secondly, she is naked. While she may have breasts, she doesn't have nipples or...other parts like that (similar to the Zora from Legend of Zelda). Thirdly, she has no face. While she has got large eyes that are more like the watery outline of large eyes, she doesn't have anything else except a smooth, oval face. Lastly, she has a strange blue orb in the centre of her chest.

After awakening from her long slumber, Deja decides to wander into the nearest town mainly out of curiosity.

Hearing a conversation out in the hall, Eryn is startled awake. Muffled behind the door, some people are talking, "Hey, did ya see that thing at the lake? I swear it was a water demon, in the shape of a pretty lady. I'm talkin' really fine shape. I've never seen anything like it!" Soon his words became inaudible as he began to walk away. Eryn, then checks to see who is awake, failing to check either bedroom only assuming they are asleep as well. Eryn sneaks out the room to try and catch the person talking about water demons. Soon, he caught up to the man. Whispering to prevent commotion, "Excuse me, what were saying about a water demon?" The man's friend responded with, "Oh lord, not another one...look you seem like a respectable guy, but fall for his bs, okay?" Eryn looked puzzled and realized he forgot to change into his pajamas. "I am sure that what this man says has some value behind it. Please, enlighten me." "Suit yourself" Then the other man begins. "So I was down at the lake doing some late night fishin' when this thing step out of the water. It had no face, but it was like a woman in every other way. walk, shape, you name it. But, the darn thing was made of water! Look! there it is! I'm not goin' near it." In response, "Alright, thanks, I'll investigate it." Then in a hurry, Eryn was outside confronting the water demon. "Hault, while I'm here demons are not to be permitted! What be your business?" Eryn questioned the spirit just outside the anti-magic barrier, but he remained inside, conscious of the searching Order.
(Sorry I said demon, but this town is very anti magic and can ignorant about most things magical.)

Merci hadn't slept at all, then again she never slept. She was sitting on the roof of the inn they were staying in when she noticed the watery shape. "Jenso." He appeared next to her and she climbed on his back he jumped down landing next to the watery girl. "Hello...I'm just for warning these town's people aren't friendly towards none human things." Jenso cocked his head to the side at the watery woman, "What are you anyways..." Merci glanced over as she saw Eryn, "Hey did you follow the power or did you see her?"

Last edited:
The woman looked confused as two figures started talking to her. They seemed to have different questions for her, but she didn't care. She had her own agenda.

"What year is this?"

Her voice is soft, and ethereal and also incredibly calm. As if all the strife in the world had left, and what remained was in her voice as she spoke.

(should warn you, im british. im with GMT)

Kreig is startled awake by the closing of the door. At first, in his sleepy state, he thinks nothing of it, but then he remembers the events of yesterday and bolts upright ready to fight if Karlos was back. By the light of the dying embers, Kreig was relieved to see no attackers, but was a bit worried that Eryn was gone. Looking out the window, Kreig saw both Eryn and Merci speaking with a strange water lady. He started towards the door, curious as to who the new arrival was, when the sleeping figure of Autumn stopped him. He realized that if he left, the only person who was left was Elijah, who could't use his so called 'powerful' magic inside the town. Sticking another log into the fire place and coaxing it to a steady flame, Kreig sits down to wait for the others to either bring back news or mysteriously disappear forever. By the light of the now steady flame, Kreig saw that Autumn had a slightly pained look on her face, as if she was trapped reliving the day's events in her sleep. Kreig took his suit jacket and covered Autumn, and moved her closer to the fireplace.

Autumn would have freaked out if it wasn't for the fact that she smelled krieg. Ass his scent filled her nose she seemed to relax and today's events seem to go away along with those of the past few decades. Slowly her strength began to come back once more and she woke up. She shifted to her human form and stretched, "Krieg..." She said softly holding his jacket out to him. In a way she kind of didn't want to give him back his jacket she liked his scent for some odd reason but she knew that would probably weird him out.

Merci was a bit caught off guard by the water woman's question. She glanced at Eryn for the answer to that. She and autumn have been traveling together for so long that she had lost track of time

Eryn had this look on his face like he was trying to figure out the reason for the worlds existence. "ummm, I think it's like...umm...year of the monkey" he said trying to recall the last time he used the date for anything. He looked back to Merci for confirmation on his guess. "Why do you need to know?" Eryn questioned the water spirit once again.

"I've...been asleep for a while. People don't seem able to trust something they can't kill, so I go into hibernation for centuries, it seems."

As she says this, the orb in her chest glows brightly for a second. As it does, it seems that Deja's hair grows slightly longer. Technically Deja is immortal since her form isn't the water itself, but the orb. The orb is also incredibly magical, on par with artifacts from gods (I've always imagined that water spirits at least the older ones, to be created by gods) and has often been an item of conflict as mages have tried to steal it for their own power. One of the reasons she sleeps at the bottom of a deep lake away from civilization.

Kreig was sitting, whittling away at small chunks of wood to form chess pieces, when Autumn woke up. "Thanks, but I don't need it right now, you can hold onto it for now if you still need it," he said when she started to hand him back his jacket. " Merci and Eryn are just outside the town, speaking to some form of water sprite. I probably would have joined them but then there would only have been a useless mage to protect you. How did you sleep?" Kreig continues to carve away at the wood, slowly uncovering the queen hidden inside. Kreig put away his whittling materials and said, "If you are hungry I can have food ordered to this room. They slid a list of breakfast options under our door some time ago" Kreig indicated to the slip of paper on the table that sat in the middle of the room.

Autumn smiled softly, "No I'm good, we Kirin do not have to eat. Also the only time we ever sleep is when we have been weakened." She sighed holding the jacket back to her body, it wasn't that she needed it, she was after all a free Kirin. She just enjoyed having it, she didn't exactly know why she felt so safe with Krieg. She nodded, "Thanks for that, it's not that he is useless it's just the town's anti-magic barrier." She said with a small chuckle.

Merci watched the girl, "Well you came..." She tapped her chin, "If you are wanting to hide from mages would this be the right town to do so? It is anti-magic your only problem is the fact that you don't have a human appearance. I can help you with that if you like. You'll just appear human to them but your physical form would still be water if you want. That would be the power of dreams for you though." Jenso shook his head a Merci, she was always quick to help others whether they were a threat or not.

"Oh, I choose this appearance to blend in more. Appearance means nothing to water. Still, the anti-magic field might be a problem to a being of magic. We'll see what happens, won't we!"

She says in a more cheerful tone, contrasted to the calm tone from before. Her voice is still as ethereal as ever, though. I think since she is one of the first spirits made, and one of the most powerful (hence the orb. The orb acts like a capacitor for her magic, as well as her actual being. The orb is also indestructible. Don't worry, she isn't OP in terms of power. She has aquamancy, but she has near infinite mana) spirits, so would the anit-magic field affect her?

Users who are viewing this thread