On the Road

"If we are going to get into a fight with these soldiers, I would like Grond and Ozug at our side, too. Besides, you wouldn't want to leave them out of the fun, do you?" O-Ren continues on her way back to meet up with the rest of the team, wondering if there is anything that can be done to salvage the situation before full out combat takes place.

Liza Kreuzer

Before she leaves, the mystic turns around one last time: "Remember, it's never too late to talk - as long as both sides are truly willing to actually find common ground." She does not await another answer; as it seems, there won't be a peaceful solution this time around. And, in contrast to the dragon, Liza takes things not quite as lightly.

"For now, it looks as if the only option would actually be to fight them here - pointless bloodshedding, just because one person feels too superior to actually listen to other options. Killing her would not have changed things - murder never changes things for the better. If anything, it would have been the first steps for things to spiral out of control, and an easy way to get ourselves killed without accomplishing anything." She shakes her head, visibly disappointed. "We'll need the others, likely more. And a solid idea how we can turn things around."

And the first part of that might be to not make the first possible mistake Ozug pointed out. She joins the radio conversation as well, trying her best to be at distance to any member of the coalition around before she finally speaks up. "I hope everything is fine on your end? We'll meet where we entered the town the first time - quarter of an hour further south, just to have a bit more distance. If they want to track us down, let it be on unoccupied ground. Does not seem as if there will be any reasonable solution this time. Bring the others, and my staff, it might sadly be necessary to use it. And, most importantly, take care - they're not willing to talk, I'm afraid, so better avoid them until things change."

Alley Orzech

Back at the APC with Ozug and Grond, Alley keeps a low profile. The battle with the hydra had left her a bit shaken. But the discovery that the Coalition had occupied the town they'd just busted their butts to help with? That sent real chills down her spine.

Unsurprisingly, she opted to stay out of sight. Liza, Nasoth and Oren-Ishi all received a nervous smile as they left, equal parts relief and fear. All had proven their commitment to doing the right thing to varying degrees but Alley was worth a lot of money to the Coalition. In part because of the unique powers she'd gained, in part because she had the theoretical knowledge to potentially replicate the experiment that had given them to her. Thankfully, her crew had proven money wasn't nearly as important as it was to other mercenaries. Nasoth was the greatest unknown but she was also the one least in need of cash so that risk was probably a wash.

The radio chatter confirming that the Coalition wouldn't leave politely (or at all) makes Alley's heart sink her chest. But she wasn't all that surprised either.

As the team wrapped up their radio conversation and the rest of the crew returned to the APC, the ex-Coalition scientist glances at Ozug. The member of their team most financially minded, and not even human at that. Still, he'd been nothing but decent to her so far.

"They're not going to leave," Alley says to Ozug and Grond, and then to the others once they rejoin. "Not until they get what they came for or something worse comes along to pull them out of here. If you guys know how to engineer a crisis, like a D-Bee army out of nowhere, please do. Otherwise..." She takes a deep breath. "Otherwise the best way I know to get them to leave town is to give them something to chase. Like me."

Last edited:
O-Ren's response is quite to the point. "If they won't leave on their own, we will just have to get them to leave another way, one that won't involve the wholesale slaughter of the people of Haven. I am loathe to just leave, though. If we just go and run away, it leaves the prisoners that are in the custody of the Coalition still locked up. We need to do some serious thinking about this; brainstorm a good solution."

Grond gives out a grunt. "You know me; I'm all for giving the bad guys a good punch in the kisser. If we decide to take on the troops here, their real advantage over us is their air power. When we came into town, I was able to see at least six SAMAS power armor suits flying about on radar. If we don't stop them, they can just take to the air and hit us from a distance, and we don't have anything that can reach up and swat them down. I sure as hell can't fly!" He pauses, then wonders out loud, "I wonder if our weapons dealer has anything that can even the odds for us a bit. After all, as far as I know, only Nasoth can fly, and she is not a match for six SAMAS suits going full bore against her."

Alley Orzech

"Maybe we can whittle those odds down a little," Alley says thoughtfully as she considers the problem. "Okay, what do we know? Logistically, we've got two APCs in the picture. If they're the usual Mark Vs...there's six SAMAS? That's about all one of them can haul. Figure twenty troops max to an APC with six of those SAMAS pilots, no more than fourteen soldiers. Two of those were Dog Boys, one a Psi-Stalker plus you've got the LT so maybe ten on the ground six in the air."

The ex-Coalition scientist shakes her head and shrugs. "I'm not a soldier myself but I think there's a few ways we can even the odds. Starting with blowing up those APCs. We sneak in some explosives. I've freaking built the power distribution systems in vehicles like that, I can draw you a diagram to show you exactly where to plant some bombs to cripple them without having to worry about punching through all that ridiculous armor. Besides, these guys have to sleep too. They can't keep those SAMAS up there forever, those pilots need to rest so you can figure they'll eventually drop to three shifts of two SAMAS in the air, two on standby with two sleeping."

"Same with the guards on the APCs. Dog boys, Psi Stalker and the LT aren't pulling patrol so that's ten guys split up over 24 hours. You figure a pair for the doors, another pair at least for the prisoners, I doubt they have more than one or two guys watching the APCs while the rest sleep. Maybe no one, since Mark Vs are practically indestructible. So it shouldn't be too hard to get in there. Hell, I might be able to do it myself if I'm quick enough."

"If we take out the APCs, they lose their fallback command post, their supplies, their ammo and most of their sensory grid. Now, SAMAS run on nuclear power so it won't hurt their air superiority, more's the pity. But if we wait them out and they start parking two or four of them at a time, we might be able to blow up half of their capacity while it's on the ground. Even if we don't..." Alley snaps her fingers and grins. "If they have six in the air, they'll have to dispatch at least two to make the trip to get reinforcements since SAMAS almost never make solo trips because, well, something happens to one and no one knows. So worst case scenario, we can still drop those SAMAS numbers a little."

Alley clears her throat, having talked this long, and looks a bit uncomfortable as she says "Just so it's clear, I'm not a fan of blowing up people as a matter of course. But they're in control here, they're not willing to listen to anyone, they don't give a damn about anyone in town and they're absolutely not going to negotiate unless their bargaining position changes no matter how much we sweeten the pot. If we can get them on the defensive, give their LT something she can fall back on as an excuse to her superiors, we can maybe get them to back out of here. They don't want to die, believe me. We just have to give them a reason to stand down that won't get them screwed by command when they get back home."

O-Ren slowly nods as Alley gives her assessment of the troop layout of the Coalition people. "I agree with the desire not to blow up anyone indiscriminately, but I also feel that if we don't do something about these soldiers, it will go from bad to worse. Ok. Lets eliminate the advantages they have and make them feel vulnerable. Alley, you know your way around their gear; what do we need to do to take out those APCs?"

Alley Orzech

"A screwdriver," she quips. "Seriously though, APCs are incredibly durable. Us scientists and engineers did a hell of a job making sure you can't casually blow them up. What I can do, though, is...well I can show you or anyone how to get under an APC, how to unscrew armor paneling underneath and exactly where to put a bomb to shut the rig down. It won't blow the whole thing up, which is fine with me since I'd rather not kill people I don't have to. But, like..."

Alley flips out her laptop, pulls up an unclassified, decidedly vague schematic of a Mark V APC and draws circles around a particular point near the back left side just a meter up from the back wheel axle. "Take that panel off and stick a bomb in there, you'll blow the cooling system. APCs are nuclear. Safeguards will automatically shut the whole thing down, including environmental systems and sensors, the whole works by taking the power plant offline. The best part is a blown cooling system's a solid 24-96 hour repair job in a facility; you can't patch it, you have to pull the whole thing out and install a new one. We blow that, they're going nowhere."

Tapping her screen thoughtfully, she adds "I'm fast but not sneaky. If someone can sneak me to the APCs, though, I can get it done...eight minutes each, easy."

Liza Kreuzer

"It would almost certainly help a lot, if this is what we decide to do in the end. Perhaps, I could offer something similar, though slightly more limited in its core - as long as the psi stalker is out of position, the other guards might not see me as a threat and let me slip through to see the others. Any bit of information might help - however, they will only believe that I am not of interest as long as I truly do not plan to belie them; whatever the others should see when they spot you, you have to believe it for yourself, or it will never seem plausible. So the APCs would certainly not be my target, even if they are the core of the coalition's plans."

The mystic pauses for a moment, then turns towards Alley, eyeing the computer. "One additional thing to consider: If they are going nowhere, that is exactly what they will do - they will hunker down with their hostages until reinforcements are on their way. I am wondering if there is another way: A way to cripple their fire power and confidence without taking away their chance to retreat. In the optimal case, they would flee the village too suddenly to take any prisoners with them - we would simply need a way to convince them that trying again later on is not worth it. You know the coalition far better than I do - how would they react if a wild dragon attacked the village, seemingly turning against both sides at once and causing chaos left and right? Would they try to act and stop it, or would they simply retreat and let two foes of them duke it out until only one of them is left? After all, we have a dragon at our disposal, and I could shield Nasoth against parts of the incoming fire - also, given how impressive they look, every wild attacker would target the APCs first, right?"

Alley Orzech

"Uh, you can turn me invisible?"

Dressed as a mechanic and far from the labcoat-wearing scientist she'd been, Alley scratches the back of her head and mulls over the offer. It's one thing to suggest that someone better at stealth sneak her close to the APCs. It's another for them to do it by using magic on her. Her skin crawls at the very thought. It's instinctive, reflexive, a subconscious recognition of contamination. Like radiation, might magic not sink into her bores, into her bones, and lie dormant until it multiples like cancer?

Then she chuckles. Like her body isn't completely saturated with Rift energy anyway. "Sure!" Alley says at last, giving Nasoth a thumbs up and a mostly convincing grin.

Liza's comments take more serious reflection. Regarding her offer to create a distraction, Alley shrugs. "Pulling people off my position won't hurt but, hey, I'll be invisible so don't put yourself at risk if there's basically no risk to me."

"As for the Smaug approach, uh, you can try it but six SAMAS and a dozen ground troops carry a butt ton of firepower. Even with you, er, shielding her, that is a lot of focused fire. No offense Nasoth, you're a gorgeous dragon but you're pretty small and two APCs aren't going to retreat unless you're in the full size millenia mark or whatever that age band is. Not that my suggestion's much better," she adds with another shrug. "I know I can pull my plan off but it's got risks too; you're right, they may hunker down instead of getting out. I thought we might give them a vehicle to get back to their base with, something lacking in firepower, but there's no guarantee they'll take it."

"This is a hard nut to crack, no doubt. They're going to get reinforcements no matter what, unless we can make them not ask for them by, I don't know, mind controlling them or threatening them or giving them enough incentive to leave, never come back and tell no one anything. Don't suppose anyone here knows a better way to do that?"

O-Ren ponders the next step. "Ozug, you've been pretty quiet through all of this; do you have anything to add?"
Vaneheart Vaneheart

"In the meantime, lets take steps to disable the two APCs and give these assholes a really bad day. Alley, you are the best one to take care of the power systems, since you have personal knowledge of how they work. With Nasoth using her invisibility spell, she can cloak you out of sight, have you run in, and kablooey! The APCs go tits up, and we can then slip into the jail to free Sir Talbert's friends and get out of there before a full scale fire fight takes place."

Grond gives off a low rumble that you now recognize as laughter. "I can also use Chameleon and Shadow Meld, letting me get closer to the action without being seen. Other than that, I like the idea of kicking the Coalition in the teeth here and get our allies out of the lock up." He nods in a satisfied manner.

O-Ren looks about the group. "So, does anyone know anything about explosives? I sure as hell don't."

Liza Kreuzer

"Only that I would prefer to avoid its usage whenever possible. Alley knows how to avoid unintentional casualties, but others might take the noise as inspiration to do less careful things than what we have in mind." The mystic turns towards the technician, considering the woman's response. "You are probably right in that it would be too risky, at least as long as they have access to all of their weaponry. I was merely trying to find a solution that avoids any further coalition attacks, but most likely there is not such a thing. Maybe if we manage to surprise them completely and free the hostages before they can react - preferably in a way that lets them understand that they will not succeed even if they send thirty transporters next time. Not that I could think of a decent way to do that - Haven itself cannot be moved away to let them lose their interest, and if we show them that we are a threat by insight, magic or weaponry, they will certainly act accordingly. But this whole mess asks for a permanent solution - or death and trouble will follow on our tracks wherever we decide to go, and make things worse no matter what we try. We might be able to win this fight via brute force and insider information once, but that alone will not solve the problem. This is not about six SAMAS and two APC's, but also about all those additional ones that might get sent here in the future." She musters both Grond and O-Ren in particular, seemingly concerned with their eagerness to fight, then shakes her head as the technical drawing of the APC comes into sight. "There has to be a better way, even if we cannot see it right now. Give me a short moment to consider - perhaps, there is something we missed thus far."

With that, the mystic will turn away, walk a few steps to sit down on the grass, one hand on her flute, the other one grabbing the cross on her necklace. A silent prayer to calm her thoughts, a few deep breaths as she opens her mind. Then her thoughts focus on the two people who might be able to change things around - one of them probably more willing to do so than the other. At first, she focuses on Ser Talbert, who is somewhere out there, perhaps still hunting, or preparing to strike on his own. After that, her mind wanders off, trying to see a part of Lt. Corso's future - perhaps there is something or someone waiting for her further down the road, important enough to let her rethink her latest decisions at least partially.

I'd like to use Clairvoyance twice to get a bit more insight. Most likely, this will not be successful - but she'd be upset if she didn't even try.

LIza sits down and begins the process of entering her trance-like state, allowing her mind to drift as she tries to see clues about both Sir Talbert and the Coalition Lieutenant. First, your thoughts find their way to picturing a scene in some dark cave where the old Cyber Knight is busy dual wielding his rune blade and his Psi Sword as he cuts his way through a groggy swarm of vampires. At his side is the Ley Line Walker, Marcos, as he stands in a circle of light as he wields his magic to great effect against the bunch of wild vampires. Your image would seem to suggest that he is doing fine so far, but is either in the middle of a fight with the undead or will be soon.

The images you get when you try to look into Lt. Corso's future are also martial in nature, but instead of vampires, you see her involved in a pitched firefight with agents of the Splurgoth! It is a familiar backdrop for the fight; it looks like the very town of Haven is ground zero for a wild fight between several Slavers and their accompanying Altarians and the Coalition troops. Not a good scene.

"I can probably teleport away if their shooting at me gets too bad," Nasoth offers somewhat hesitantly, "but it is a risk, and if I flee, it's not really going to impress them very much."

Liza Kreuzer

At first darkness - the usual silence as the mystic prepares, breathing calmly as her mind opens up to all those impressions, breaking the mist between presence and possible futures. Then the first images, some unobscured, others as vague as swirling shadows. They all have their grim atmosphere in common, filled with the same hatred and brutal violence that can be found in too many places within this world; the mystic's face shows pain and sorrow as her closed eyes stare at surreal pictures. She sees the old hero as well as his friend, fighting the personifications of evil. For a moment, her own memories of a previous fight disturb her focus, the smell of death and chopped up bodies finds its way back into her thoughts - it takes a while before she can calm her breathing, just to delve into similar images.

This time: The coalition and the Splurgoth's servants, fighting in the midst of Haven's streets. Brutal firefights between the two groups, plenty of death wherever she looks. The vision how a peaceful town gets twisted into a place of horrors. There is a stabbing pain in her chest as she sees these startling pictures - and as another man is slain, it is enough to break her trance, gasping for air as if she'd been on the verge of drowning. Familiar voices around her, a freshening breeze. She clings tightly to her silver cross, and shakes her head as if trying to get rid of the last remnants of a very bad dream. Only then does she raise her voice once more, answering to the very first words she's heard after returning from her journey. How much has she missed? How long has she been away? Just a few moments, or longer than that? It almost felt like an eternity, and her throat is parched from the impressions. Have they already decided on anything?

"You could, Nasoth - but it might gain us little, if anything, at the risk of your life if things go poorly." Just a few words as she struggles to formulate a proper description of what she has seen. "There is more to be considered than just the coalition, as it seems." Her eyes wander off towards Atlanta, eyeing the woman without memories. "I saw servants of the Splurgoth fight the coalition soldiers in Haven's streets. Slavers and slaves against the narrow-minded, fighting for a place that is not theirs. It might never happen, or only in the distant future - but if they attack within the next few hours, weakening the coalition beforehand might actually make things even worse. Perhaps, it would be better to give them a hint, perhaps let them discover the danger themselves. And if they happen to realize that their own forces will not suffice, that might open up possibilites that seem rather farfetched rigt now." She pauses for another moment. "And if they want to fight on their own, we can still influence their fight and make sure that the end result is preferable to the current state. If they need their SAMAS against the Splurgoth, for example, that would make it easier to free the others. Speaking of them: I saw Ser Talbert fighting vampires in some cave, but I do not know where it is exactly. I also saw Marcos at his side" - a little pause as she notices another detail of what she has seen - "now that I say those words, they said that he is in custody for now, right? That might make things a bit more complicated. They seemed to be doing fine on their own - so perhaps, it is on us to free Marcos in time to help the knight."

O-Ren ponders the words of the mystic. "What is the old saying? The enemy of my enemy is my friend? While the Coalition is filled with a bunch of unreasonable bigots and zealots, they do try to protect humans from the monsters that come from the Rifts. I would hazard a thought that they might be the allies against the Splurgoth we need to keep the people of Haven safe. Fighting along side the Coalition troops might also help to convince this lieutenant that we are not the enemies that they suspect us to be." She lets out a sudden bark of laughter. "At least the vision you saw didn't involve the hydra we let live. I would never hear the end of it if it came here and began to attack the town."

Alley Orzech

The ex-scientist gets goosebumps listening to the mystic predict the future. Of course, it's bullshit, right? Has to be. Mystic mumbojumo reading tea leaves fortune telling. Except Liza's track record is good and she has nothing to gain by making up a story about those slavers coming here.

Alley shakes her head, grappling with the thought and conflicting emotions, before tuning into the conversation.

"The Coalition will fight Splurgoth Slavers, no question. And if those monsters really are coming here, we could probably use the firepower. The trick is to make sure the Lieutenant comes away with a report she can sell to her superiors. Even if we can convince her to do the right thing, she answers to the chain of command and she'll need to justify why they pulled out of Haven." Nodding with growing confidence, Alley adds "And decimating a bunch of Slavers could sell it to her."

"I say we wait for the Slavers to show. Then team up. And when it's done, we make a deal. If they pull out of Haven and leave behind their prisoners, we were never here and they get all the credit for saving a 'human' town from monsters, setting them all up for commendations. We can toss in a few enthusiastic letters from townsfolk praising their 'liberators' and 'saviors' so they can ride back to acclaim. On the other hand, if they don't play ball, they face a fight with us after they've been weakened holding off the Slavers. Or we record the battle and show them apparently collaborating with us 'D-Bees' and such, and threaten to drop it off with the Coalition. Maybe they can talk their way out of it, maybe they can't, but it's trouble and trouble they don't need."

"Carrot and stick. Work with us, be heroes. Work against us and suffer."

Alley chuckles, then grows sober again. "Bear in mind, we can't warn them. I mean, I want to. But if you try, one of two things will happen. They won't believe you. Or they'll think the Slavers are your fault and the whole 'vision' thing is a trap and plot on our part to trick them into a false alliance."

Liza Kreuzer

She'd much rather warn them ahead of time - perhaps find a way to stop the attack before it can even reach the town's streets. But if even Alley speaks against it, it would be foolish to ignore her advice. "True words - unfortunately" - one can clearly hear that the mystic would love to give the coalition another chance to do the right thing, against all odds - "they would likely use the knowledge to their advantage, no matter if they believe me or not - after all, they will think that their guns are needed to protect the town against the threat, and ironically, they might be right. So we will wait for the slavers to strike, then do our best to keep things under control. Help them out as well as we can, show them that we indeed do not wish to cause trouble with the coalition - and when the dust settles, we will see if their position has changed in the meantime, or if we need to convince them by other means."

She musters the others for a moment. "So what do we do while we wait? I would prefer to stay away from the Stonewell's, try to not give the coalition any hint where we reside - though it might be good if one or two could stealthily check if there is anything in store that might be able to help us. Other than that, I would like to find Ser Talbert before the fighting starts - but since we do not know when the attack will happen, we might not have the time to search him. Also, his picture was on the coalition's screens - since he seemed to be fine for now, it might be better to help him out after a solution with the coalition has been arranged."

Ozug

Ozug listened carefully to the suggestions. At O-Ren's question about explosives, he stated "Yeah, I am pretty good with setting them up and tearing them down." He considered Atlanta's actions against the hydra. "I think Atlanta isn't bad with them either." As the discussion continued, he thought more about the situation. The Coalition holds most of the cards here. More bodies, more support, more firepower. They even have the air covered. Hades, this looks bad. Only thing I can see of making this work is an insurgency, and that will get ugly. Guerilla warfare. Lots of collateral damage.

The ogre watched passively as Liza went off and sat down. Such a strange person. Some days I feel that I will never understand humans, especially mages. He added. "I kinda like Alley's plan of sneaking in and disabling their APCs and equipment, but we'd have to time it right with some other action, like an ambush, or a prisoner rescue. I am pretty sneaky and good with explosives, but I don't have a solid way of hiding my supernatural powers or my psychic powers from things like Dog Boys and Psi Stalkers. They'd probably track me down eventually. I can block them out of my mind though, so that's something." He frowned. "I'm not a fan of the idea of Nasoth being a lone distraction. Too risky to Nasoth." He grinned toothily at the dragon. "Sorry bud, I know you could pull it off, but I don't want to lose you." He crossed his arms and frowned in thought, thinking of past battles he had heard of. His mind wandered to the stories about Julian the First, the great Juicer commander who fought against the Coalition. "In situations like these, it usually comes down to slow, careful, and precise, resistance-style insurgency warfare, when faced with a superior opponent who is forcibly occupying an area. Hit and fade lightning strikes from multiple avenues, pick them off one by one, then put on the pressure heavily once a weakness or opening is found and exploited. It's an ugly process though. The civilian population usually suffers as well, as the occupiers crack down looking to flush out the resistance, or use the civilian population as shields. If possible, I'd rather find a way to draw them out, even some of them, and divide and conquer." He looked at the entranced mystic, and thought I thought mystics and shaman could use magic to put hexes and curses on enemies, or make plagues and diseases sweep through an army? Could get them ill enough to drive them off or at least slow them down. She's probably too sunshine to know that kind of magic.

When Liza returned and recounted her vision, his plans and ideas changed abruptly. He hadn't expected this information. He shuddered at the thought of fighting vampires again, and he felt his skin tingle as the bio-comp reacted to his remembered fears. "Well that doesn't sound good. Splugorth huh? I don't know much about them, other than what you folks told me." He glanced at Atlanta, then back to the others. "Why would they come here, with the sizeable Coalition presence? Wouldn't Haven be a tough nut for them to crack? Doesn't seem worth it, even for a sizeable haul of slaves." He frowned deeper, then looked again at Atlanta in suspicion. Might also be because of her. Could they Splugorth have tracked her here, even though we got rid of the communicator? Is she selling us out? He looked at Alley, then thought about Rebecca and the Stonewells. Then again, why is the Coalition really here? Who are they really after? Are we being played?

He returned his glance to the rest of the group, and forced himself to keep a passive look as he pushed his suspicions momentarily aside. "I don't like this. Too many unknown variables. We can't really count on the black lobsters teaming up with us against the Splugorth. For all we know, they might just fire on us as well. We have three very obvious D-Bees with us. Battles on this scale are also rather ugly and full of confusion. They might even think we are with the Splugorth." After listening to Alley's suggestions, he shrugged, and smiled at Alley in what he hoped was a non-threatening way. "I'm glad you're back friend. Alley is the most knowledgeable person here when it comes to the Coalition. If she thinks it's doable, and that we could team up with or leverage them, then so be it. That said, might also be a good idea to spread the word amongst the townsfolk and try to evacuate people ahead of time, then rescue the prisoners during the fight. Buildings can be rebuilt, crops can be resown, even out here in the wastes. People can't be brought back." His mind briefly lingered on memories of Hammet, and a wave of sadness washed over him.

He grinned at O-Ren's mention of the wayward hydra. "Would be great if we could get Alroc here to hit the Splugorth in the flank. Or those bounty hunters from before that were after Rebecca. They both owe us somewhat."

He checked his weapons, then said, "I agree with Liza, we shouldn't draw them to the Stonewells, and we should consider finding Sir Talbert and Marcos, if they aren't already captured. We could check with Mr. Stonewell and see if he has anything he can spare that might help with this fight. We'll need all the help we can get. Might also be a good idea to scout ahead and see where the Splugorth are, and how soon they will be arriving. We could also prepare some defenses, plan an evacuation route, or even set up some mines or traps while out in the field to slow them down before they arrive, and buy us more time."

O-Ren lets out a huff. "Damn. I hate this. We need to find Sir Talbert and Underdog, get Marcos, Tony, and Tia out of lock-up, and join forces with a bunch of unreasonable xenophobes in order to save the town from the even worse threat of the Splurgoth. Shit." She paces back and forth a bit, then nods. "Ok, here's what we're going to start off with. Ozug and Nasoth, get sneaky and go see the Stonewells. Tell them about the impending threat, and see what help that Dennis and Rebecca can offer up. From what I remember, the daughter was magically trained, so she might be able to help us out. Maybe there is a motorcycle or aircycle large enough for you to use. You can then go out hunting for any signs of Sir Talbert and Underdog. While you are doing that, I'll play diplomat with the townspeople with Liza and see if we can't prepare them for the fight of their lives. If we get lucky, we'll find that Talbert is here in town somewhere, keeping a low profile and looking for a way to get his friends out of the lock-up. In any case, we need to be ready to pounce on the Splurgoth as they show up, no matter what the Coalition thinks. We won't stand idly by and let this town get ravaged."

O-Ren then takes a long look at Atlanta. "I hate to have to ask this of you, but is there anything that you can remember of your life before we found you? Something about what the Slavers are doing out here?"

"Now, what are we going to do with the rest of the team? Anyone have any suggestions to run past the group? Alley, I want to make sure you and Atlanta stay under cover as much as you can. No need in getting you two nabbed or worse by the Black Lobsters."

Ozug

Ozug grinned at O-Ren's use of his term for the Coalition soldiers. He momentarily glanced at Atlanta. This has got to be awkward for her. If she's truly suffering from amnesia, she's going to feel really uncomfortable and on the spot. Going against her own people will be hard for her, even with no memory. If she's faking it, she's going to feel the pressure. She might act rashly. I don't envy the position she is in.

He looked back to O-Ren, nodded, and said "Sounds good to me. Radio me, or call me on my cell phone if you gals get any clues about Sir Talbert so we can narrow down our search pattern. Hopefully, someone knows something. Once he is found, we can consider scouting out the Splugorth." He gathered up his gear and looked at Nasoth, still surprised that the small pretty woman before him was, in reality, a vicious dragon. "Ready to go?" he asked.

Alley Orzech

"Let's get to work then, team!" The ex-scientist gave an approving thumbs up. "Or in my case, uh, I'll be on call and ready to run to the rescue wherever you are."

She unpacked her C12 Heavy Assault Laser, cleaned it and put it together to kill time. While everyone else got to be a hero. ...Because if she tried to be a hero, she'd just tip the Coalition's hand and all of this would end badly. Frowning slightly, Alley took a deep breath and prayed for some self control.

Users who are viewing this thread