On the Road

O-Ren comes out of the Zone Ranger in her EBA, packing her BigBore Shotgun. She slaps the new ammo drum into place and racks the slide. "No questions from me. I'm ready to deal out some hurt on these guys."

Alley Orzech

The mechanic sizes up the Badger's rear observation platform, then inspects Dennis' parts and supplies. Her original idea of a more traditional firefighting hoselay arrangement gives way to the relative simplicity of using air-compression to project streams of water out of a cannon. Much faster modify job too. So she sets to work with prodigious speed. It's exactly the same for an outside observer as watching a video on fast forward, as she rapidly assembles pieces, tools, machines out a cannon and starts rigging up a compressor. The slowest part of the job is actually mounting the thing, mostly because she's not strong enough to do the heavy lifting alone which means tapping in others.

Inside of 30 minutes, she's safely ensconced inside of a custom-welded turret. As fixed defenses go, it's not as good as a Coalition job but that's mostly owing to the need to take existing slabs of MDC alloy and weld it into place rather than casting it outright in a factory.

As an accent, Alley paints a bright yellow smiley face on the turret with the caption of "Have a Nice Day!" drawn in heavy characters with black paint below it.

In preparing for battle, Alley also dons her Coalition Dead-Boy armor. It's been thankfully modified, done up in a white base layer with images of golden wings drawn across the back, on the ankles and on the sides of the helmet. Although the anomaly made the ex-scientist far more durable than mortal women, she might need the extra layer against bloodsucking demons.

"I'll man the cannon here," Alley says to her team. "And if it comes to it, I'll hop out and handle staking or head chopping. I'm not carrying a lot that can hurt a vampire and Lord knows I've never used this knife in a fight but if you guys can lay a vampire out and I run out of water or something, I can at least remove its head and stake its body." She makes a face at the thought.

Vaneheart Vaneheart Esbilon Esbilon
As the gang gathers, armed and armored, Alley leans in and crooks a come-hither finger at Ozug. Assuming the Mega-Juicer draws closer, she speaks in a low tone. "Don't put yourself at risk or anything but, if you get the chance, would you mind trying that cross or crucifix? On the undead, I mean?" If she can catch the dragon's attention, she makes the same request, going so far as to hand over her own silver cross on the assumption the dragon doesn't have one of her own. "I don't want either of you hurt over my idle curiosity but but if you get the chance, I'd really like to know if it works for you both."

Grond straps on his heavy armor after helping Dennis and Alley to mount the water cannon on the observation deck, along with several massive water drums to provide ammo for the water gun. Atlanta makes her way down into the nose gunner compartment of the Badger and settles in, and Grond takes up his normal position as the driver of the big vehicle.

Once everyone has settled into the Badger, he starts up the powerful engine and starts out, following Underdog on his robot horse. At the edge of town, you meet up with the two Borgs, the brother and sister pair of Tony and Tia. They are loaded down with plenty of wooden and silver weapons, one packing a rail gun and the other carrying a water cannon and wearing a large drum of water. They have a reinforced dune buggy that is strong enough to carry the two of them, and they both wave in a friendly greeting as everyone pulls up. Underdog had radioed ahead to let everyone know that there are more hunters coming along for the fight.

On the radio, he calls out to those in the Badger. "The nest is roughly a twenty minute drive from here, so we'll still have a little bit of sunlight before it sets down all the way. Sir Talbert and Marcos are already there, waiting for us. With all of us working together, we shouldn't have any trouble with the fang gang out there. Lets go!" He gives a wild rebel yell as he spurs his horse on, easily keeping up with the other vehicles.

It takes only fifteen minutes before you find the two men waiting for you. Sir Talbert is a striking tall figure with bright white hair and archaic style armor, quite possibly magical in nature. His companion, Marcos the Ley Line Walker, is more subdued, with dark robes over his lightweight armor and a face mask concealing his features.

It is at this point that O-Ren can start to feel the distinctive feel of the supernatural undead nearby, along with Grond. He rumbles out, "I can feel them. They are nearby. Everyone, get ready."

Sir Talbert calls everyone over to stand with him. After introductions are made, he says, "Welcome, my friends. I am glad to see all of you here, doing Gods work in eliminating these fiends. We have tracked them to a abandoned farmhouse with a storm cellar. Most are inside the farmhouse, but some are down in the cellar with a dozen or so prisoners. After scouting around, I estimate that we are facing off against thirty to thirty five vampires, most of which should be the weaker Wild vampires, but I suspect that there is at least one Secondary vampire acting as the leader of this band. I suggest we perform a two pronged attack, with myself, Grond, Ozug with the rail gun, O-Ren with her shotgun and Tony with his water cannon heading down into the cellar, with the rest of you up on top with the Badger's water cannon and heavy rail gun providing cover. Once we clear the basement out, it will be easy enough to hold our ground and keep the vampires from coming down with Grond's Globe of Daylight ability, and we can then protect the prisoners while the rest of the monsters are taken out by the rest of you. Does that sound reasonable to you? If not, let me know what you suggest."

O-Ren hefts her shotgun as she ponders the words of the senior Cyber Knight. With a curt nod, she says, "I agree, up to a point. With Grond, Ozug and Tony down there, will they have enough room to maneuver? Depending on how large the cellar is, that might not work."
OOC I will now take the time to activate my Mark of Heritage of the Heart Pierced by a Wooden Stake to keep me immune to the effects of the mind control powers of the vampires for 15 PPE, and I'll spend 20 ISP to activate the Enhanced Perception and Enhanced Reflex psi powers just before going into the fight. Also will spend another 4 PPE to activate my Armor of Ithan on my body armor for the 50 extra MDC

Main Body: 70
Helmet: 45
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Armor of Ithan: 50 MDC, costs 4 PPE three times a day

ISP 48/28
PPE 38/19

Ozug

He considered Alley's request, and nodded. While his initial impulse was one of scorn, he had come to realize how important her faith was to her, and instead took her request seriously. "I am doubtful, but I will try." Later, as they approached the nest in the Badger, he considered it more carefully. Would a human god even offer me protection through his symbol, though my cause might be just? He looked at the crucifix in speculation. Do gods exist? What would it mean if it did work?

Disembarking from the Badger with some of the others, he listened to the plan as laid out by Sir Talbert. He didn't understand the difference between the wild and secondary vampires, but figured it wasn't important. The sheer number of vampire in the location was troubling to him.

"Greetings Sir Talbert. The plan sounds good to me, though O-Ren's concern has merit. We might be a bit cramped. I also have some concerns about the safety of the prisoners, once they know we are here. Otherwise, I am ready to proceed."

He glanced at O-Ren's shotgun with some misgiving. I hope she isn't loaded with scatter rounds, otherwise we might injure or kill the prisoners. He looked at his own heavy rail gun. I will be have to be careful as well. This weapon might not be the best choice for close-quarters combat in a basement, but I will have to make it work.

(Out Of Character: Once the assault happens, Ozug will ready his rail gun, make the silver cross on his necklace visible, and activate PSI: Mind Block)

Last edited:
Liza Kreuzer

Jumping out of the Badger, things feel odd - somehow, she had expected the evilness of the brood to be strong enough to be noticed, like the scent of a burning fire that you can smell miles ahead. For some, that actually seems to be the case - for her, however, her senses are blind, at least for now. The group seems to be a welcomed sight, especially the stronger Misfits with their heavy guns. By their description, this is a game of numbers, and the more firepower you can bring, the better.

As for the plan: Some people are gifted with the ability to plan ahead, finding a way to win a battle before it even begins. Others simply trust their intuition, doing whatever seems right in a particular moment, in hope that it'll be enough. Needless to say, Liza is of the latter kind - thus, she simply nods in agreement with both the plan and concerns - if they want her to stay with the Badger and provide cover, she'll do exactly that. "I can offer a second globe, if you need one - just tell me as soon as you need the help. Other than that, I might be able to get a more distinguished picture of their numbers. Maybe could track down that leader for you if he's distinguishable enough from the others, though that'd warn him ahead of time. Could give it a try once the fighting has started, giving him something else to worry about."

The elder Cyber Knight looks over at Tony, then gives a sigh. "Marcos has used his magic to scry down into the cellar, and says it is quite large, but you may be right. Alright, it will be me, O-Ren, Ozug and Grond down stairs, and the rest of you will deal with the numbers up here. Remember, the innocents that were captured have not yet had enough time to be turned into more of the fiends, so watch your fire. I want every survivor down there brought out alive."

Grond nods, flexing his large hands in anticipation of another battle with his hated foe. "I understand. Not one prisoner will fall so long as I have the means to fight. I can use my Globe of Daylight power and place a light over the top of the prisoners, keeping the vampires at bay from them. It is my experience that those that have been turned into the undead typically forsake such items as guns for their own natural powers to kill, so by doing that, it will keep all but the most berserk of the enemy away from them."

Sir Talbert grins. "I believe you, my friend. From what I have seen, your assessment is spot on. Very few of the undead continue to use modern weapons of any kind, so expect to be swamped by sheer numbers. An inhuman wave of bodies coming for you. We don't have much daylight left; lets move out while it is still an extra ally."

Nasoth takes the strange, metal symbol Alley offers her, and after a few moments of frowning skeptically, she shrugs and puts it around her currently elf-like neck.

"I can make one of those globes as well," she chips in as the others are obsessing over strategy beyond 'tear them all to shreds while laughing gleefully at their useless clawing.' "And if you prefer not going in blind, I could probably sneak past them all and take a look around. I'm stealthier than I look if I need to be."

Sir Talbert looks over at Nasoth, and as he is about to respond, Xera pops up. "I can look, too! I'm hardly enough to be a snack for a vampire, so they probably won't notice me!"

He chuckles. "Yes, I suppose you are right. If you think you can get in and out quietly and safely, give it a shot. Any extra intel about the numbers of guards down in the cellar and the number of survivors being held would be gratefully accepted!" He motions for you to set off at your convenience.

OOC what form do you take to try your sneak inside?

"Alright!" Nasoth says and strides forward, then pauses and looks around. "Where exactly is the storm cellar? Oh! There," she interrupts herself and continues walking forward. In mid stride, she turns from a beautiful elf-woman with the most colorful head of hair anyone is likely to see in their lifetime, and into a small black cat with an exceedingly arrogant swagger and the tail raised high. As she passes through a shadow, she vanishes from sight, and until her return, that's the last anyone outside sees of her.

OOC: Changing into a cat form (the smallest I can be) and activating Shadow Meld which is invisible even to See The Invisible, but only works in shadows. Then I'm teleporting inside the storm cellar (might take a few tries, but it's not urgent, and eventually it'll work). I have nightvision, so finding my way around inside shouldn't be much trouble.

Since Nasoth is planning on teleporting in, Xera is forced to either stay behind or go in on her own. She decides to let the dragon run solo for this.

As the Shadow Melded cat teleports in, a scene of true horror opens up in front of you. Bodies are piled up like cordwood in one corner, at least ten of them, rotting away after having their blood drained from them. This if not only horrible to see, but the smell is nearly enough to make a cockroach gag. Along another wall is a group of fifteen people that have been shackled up to one another, looking pale and lethargic, probably due to being repeatedly fed upon to near death level. Between the heavy chains and their general weakness from blood loss, there is no escape for the prisoners unless they are rescued.

You can see in here that there is a total of eight people, seven humans and one elf, that are lying down as if asleep, and finally, there are two monstrous dogs, each tall enough to ride upon that are curled up and napping, one with a leg bone from one of the bodies under a paw.

The whole basement is a true testament of just why people call vampires monsters. Even expecting to find a mess, this is enough to make you shudder in horror. (I rolled a Horror Factor save for you, and you just barely succeeded, so you do not have to worry about any lingering effects from experiencing this much death in front of you.)

What do you do now?

Suppressing her disgust at the place, Nasoth takes another round to make sure she hasn't missed anything and then teleports back out to the others. Taking on her elf-like form, she hugs herself tight, clearly distraught by what she has seen.

"It's terrible!" She exclaims, "disgusting too!" After a deep breath, she adds more useful information: "There are a bunch of dead people there, just thrown in a corner. The living prisoners are chained together and look awfully weak. I think the vampires were... sleeping, though," she looks up as she says that, "if you're careful and silent-like, you might be able to catch them before they know anything's wrong. I can also go back in and wake them up with some Daylight to the face!"

A wave of relief washes over O-Ren when she hears that there are still survivors. "Excellent news! The sun is slipping down, and for a little bit, the fiends will be sluggish and groggy. We must strike now!" She hefts her shotgun, looking between Sir Talbert and Grond. "I know we can hold the line in there if we work together. Are you with me, my large friend?"

Liza Kreuzer

Some are already gone, others are on the brink of death - at least, that's what Nasoth tells of when she returns. Too late already - although we came as fast as we could. "May God welcome those who already left these realms behind - may they find peace despite the horrors they lived through." A short prayer, spoken with pain in her eyes, as if the existence of such evil in this world would hurt her physically. But the cyber knight is right - now is the time to strike, while the sun can still be seen in the sky. Thus, she does not stop there, but continues, trying to find words of confidence for herself - and most importantly, all others. "May He protect every single one of you when the fighting starts, no matter what awaits us. May our rightful cause let us withstand all horrors. May His light shine upon us, even in the midst of darkness. May He guide our aim and thoughts when we wipe out the evil that nests within, may we all return safely, as well as those awaiting our aid - and may He welcome everyone who falls." The mystic grabs her quarterstaff tighter, and only now begins to prepare herself for battle. Activating her armor, for a bit of extra protection, calling a globe of daylight to break through the darkness once the sun sets. It's on the others to lead the charge, to give the start signal - she'll watch their back from on top of the Badger, ready to help out whenever she can.

As Liza states her prayer, Sir Talbert bows his head and grasps his gold cross that hangs around his neck. Once you are done, he murmurs, "Amen. Thank you for your words. We will not let the deaths of those innocent people go unavenged. Quickly now! Let us be on our way to end this scourge." With those words, the elder Cyber Knight draws a rune-carved blade from his back and energizes his Psi Shield. "To battle!" With that, he gathers up O-Ren, Grond and Ozug and charges forward, heading for the cellar.

OOC As instructed by Epiphany, I'll autopilot her until she returns. In the meantime, she uses her speed boost power on O-Ren before you go underground, along with Nasoth as she fights above ground. Keep note of the extra action and other bonuses as you post. Everyone has time to activate any two powers/spells that you choose before we are into actual battle. Liza and O-Ren have already started some of that. There will be two sections of fighting; one above ground and one below. Please be patient with me as I am working on a lot of numbers here.

Vaneheart Vaneheart and Esbilon Esbilon are up first

Above Ground
Nasoth (speed boost)<====
Liza
Atlanta
Vampires 1-5
Tony and Tia
Vampires 6-10
Alley
Underdog
Vampires 11-15
Marcos
Vampires 16-20

Cellar
Ozug <====
O-Ren (speed boost)
Vampires 1-4
Demon Hounds
Sir Talbert
Vampires 5-8
Grond

Last edited:
OOC: I'm not sure I understand the situation, but I figure that since there are vampires listed in the table, there are vampires I can attack. I'll do that then. Activating Mind Block and casting Globe of Daylight. Making a single strike (+10, 9d6 MD).

Nasoth, still in her elven form, moves casually towards their undead enemies and as the first one comes within reach, she reaches out with one slender arm and strikes with a force that trucks would envy.

Ozug

"Uh, wait, maybe we should sneak up on the storm cellar..." his worlds trailed off as Sir Talbert charged off towards the storm cellar. Well, there goes that idea. Readying his cross necklace to be more visible, and hefting his rail gun, the ogre quickly followed Sir Talbert to the storm cellar door. Close quarters urban combat with hostages involved is the worst. Heard underwater combat is bad too, but how often does that come up?

The juicer chemicals from the bio-comp raced through him, as Ozug looked at the door, and thought Who is on point? Who is doing the initial breach? Did we discuss that? His chemically alert mind raced through the briefly discussed plan, while he quickly studied the door. Hope there isn't a trap on it. If I was a nearly invulnerable vampire, I would totally trap that door while I slept. At least an alarm if nothing else.

He steeled his mind psychically and prepared to open the doors. Screw it. I'll take point. Even on Rifts Earth, you only live once. Might as well get it over with.

(Out of Character: Ozug will activate PSI: Mind Block, and if there are no immediately obvious traps on the storm cellar doors, and enough time to do so, Ozug will open the door, ready to blast anything hostile on the other side.)

Esbilon Esbilon Sorry, I should have been more clear in my post. There are no vampires out at the moment; they are still inside the farmhouse. I had assumed that everyone was charging forward to lure the vamps out where the big water cannon and wooden rail guns of the Badger can come into play.

With the companions of Sir Talbert running forward with you, Nasoth is the first through the door and into the blacked out farmhouse. A little bit of light is coming in through the now opened door with even more being provided by the Globe of Daylight spell you cast, and you see several groups of people, quite obviously vampires, sitting in chairs and lying down on the floor. Even in your elven form, you possess the power and abilities of a dragon. You reach out and plant a nasty punch into the chest of the nearest creature even as it lets out a scream of pain from the effect of the Globe of Daylight on it.

In the Cellar
With your enhanced speed, Ozug quickly runs past Sir Talbert and gets to the door on the ground before the old man does. Flexing your muscles, you are able to rip the door off of its hinges and toss it aside with ease, with no signs of any booby traps to slow you down. Since the door was so easy to pull open, you charge down the stairs and are confronted by the sights and smells described earlier. Even with your warrior spirit, it is a disturbing scene to come to, and there is a moment of horror before your training kicks in. This completes your action, and you are now in position to attack any target in front of you and have your full defense ready to dodge incoming attacks as they come.

Silanon Silanon is up with Liza, and Psychie Psychie is up with O-Ren

Above Ground
Nasoth (speed boost) [1] Globe of Daylight active
Liza <====
Atlanta
Vampire 1 wounded
Vampires 2-5
Tony and Tia
Vampires 6-10
Alley
Underdog
Vampires 11-15
Marcos
Vampires 16-20

Cellar
Ozug [1]
O-Ren (speed boost) <====
Vampires 1-4
Demon Hounds
Sir Talbert
Vampires 5-8
Grond

From the description of the cellar from Nasoth, O-Ren is quite glad to have her EBA sealed so she doesn't smell the stench of rotting flesh in the tight confines of the cellar. She charges forward and takes a quick read of just where everyone is, and sees the prisoners chained up. There. We must keep them safe, even if it means taking a shot or two ourselves.

Seeing a sleeping vampire, she raises up her Bandito Broom and fires a burst into the chest, six rounds of silver and wooden pain ripping into the monster.
Main Body: 70
Helmet: 45
Arms: 25 each
Legs: 45 each
Armor of Ithan: 50 MDC, costs 4 PPE three times a day

ISP 48/28
PPE 38/19

Liza Kreuzer

The mystic sees the others charge forward, in an attempt to use the moment of surprise. The dragon is the first one to enter the building, but certainly not the last one. It will take more than just one attacker to draw them into the badger's fire, and the more attackers back up Nasoth, the less likely it is for one of them to get separated. "Stay close together. Watch the others' backs. And do not fear them, for we will overcome their darkness." Where the others storm forward, trusting in their guns and luck, Liza only follows slowly - a tower of faith in the unfolding chaos. Quarterstaff and cross at the ready, her eyes mustering the sun one last time before it might be too late. Breathing slowly, she stands there, trying to find her inner strength to prepare for whatever might await them. Weird to see her ignore the surronding for a moment, some might say, as if she'd forgotten about the troubles ahead of them. But when she finally turns back towards the farmhouse and readjusts her hood to not be in her way, her movements seem almost dance-like, graceful and confident, as if nothing could ever overcome her.

[activating intuitive combat - 4 rounds remaining]

Above Ground
As a whole, the vampires are sluggish, and as you enter, they struggle to their feet for their first action.

Liza activates her power, and Atlanta is delaying until you draw the undead out for her to target with her rail gun.

Tony and Tia use the moment to attack one of the groggy vamps, one with a wood loaded rail gun and the second with a heavy water cannon. Under the flurry of blows, the vamp is incapacitated, but, given enough time, it will regenerate. With any luck, you can finish it off before it can get to its feet.

Underdog wields a wooden stake, and with it, plunges it into the chest of vampire #3, causing it to scream in pain as it claws at the protrusion in its body.

Marcos throws a Globe of Daylight spell into the corner, lighting up the room. As planned, he calls out, "There are too many! Pull back!" Hopefully, the undead will fall for the trick and follow you out where the Badger is waiting with the water canon and wooden rail gun.

Cellar

O-Ren's shotgun rips into the sleeping vampire with a chattering roar. Gouts of flesh and blood go spraying out, but the monster is still 'alive' and active.

Vampires 1-4 leap to their feet, claws and teeth barred as they prepare to attack.

The monstrous dogs respond faster than the vamps do, and they immediately leap at O-Ren. They will bite you unless you dodge

Sir Talbert wields his rune blade with deadly precision. Running forward, he slices the wounded vampire in two, and lets the two pieces of vamp fall to either side. He now has the attention of the remaining vampires in the room.

Vampires 5-8 also use their action to get to their feet

Grond powers through the crowd of undead until he is standing between them and the prisoners. Activating his own magic power of Globe of Daylight, he places the illumination over the prisoners, keeping them safe from all the undead. "Now, let us end this scourge!"

Psychie Psychie needs to declare a defense, and Vaneheart Vaneheart is up with Ozug, and Esbilon Esbilon is up

Above Ground
Nasoth (speed boost) [1] Globe of Daylight active <====
Liza [1]
Atlanta delay
Vampire 1 wounded [1]
Vampires 3-5 [1]
Tony and Tia [1]
Vampires 6-10 [1]
Alley delay
Underdog [1]
Vampires 11-15 [1]
Marcos [1]
Vampires 16-20 [1]

Cellar
Ozug [1] <====
O-Ren (speed boost) [1]
Vampires 2-4 [1]
Demon Hounds 1-2 [1]
Sir Talbert [1]
Vampires 5-8 [1]
Grond [1]

Nasoth is a bit disappointed that the plan involves luring the vampires out and not tearing them apart inside. On the other hand, it's a new thing to try, and she does love trying out new stuff. So in accordance with the plan, she lets out the most damsel-in-distress-like scream she can and surreptitiously navigates her Globe of Daylight behind the monsters. As she turns and runs, her hand "accidentally" strikes the same vampire she hit before and tears out a chunk of its chin.

OOC: Another strike (+10, 9d6 MD), and moving the Globe around so they get herded out from two directions.

The girly scream is almost ruined by a giggle, but Nasoth is fairly certain that she pulled off the ruse well enough. With her casual swing, you crush in the skull of the one vampire you attacked earlier, dropping it to the ground as you run out.

Silanon Silanon is up with Liza

Above Ground
Nasoth (speed boost) [2] Globe of Daylight active
Liza [1] <====
Atlanta delay
Vampires 3-5 [1]
Tony and Tia [1]
Vampires 6-10 [1]
Alley delay
Underdog [1]
Vampires 11-15 [1]
Marcos [1]
Vampires 16-20 [1]

Ozug

Ozug was almost stunned by the horror and carnage he saw in the cramped and dark cellar, and a cold chill crept across him. He had never faced vampires, or their minions before, and their glowing eyes and disturbing visages were frightening. The juicer chemicals flowing through his veins began to warm him in response, and paired with his combat training, allowed him to push it all to the back of his mind, to process later. These monsters more than deserve to die. The chemical surge of bio-comp and adrenaline filled him as he felt the rush of combat. He felt himself grinning as his perceptions of time caused everything to slow, and his ogre instincts for war kicked in. He briefly reflected that if he wasn't an ogre, the darkness in the cellar might have bothered him.

He looked at O-Ren. Sir Talbert should be fine. Too many are rushing her though. I'll see if I can draw some off. Ozug rushed over to alongside O-Ren, while triggering a burst from his rail gun at the nearest vampire. He growled a challenge at the monstrous dogs as he moved to guard O-Ren's flank.

(Out of Character: Ozug is going to try to present himself as a target for one of the monster dogs to go after, and attempt to guard O-Ren's flank as they (or anything else for that matters) advance. Ozug should still be sustaining PSI: Mind Block, from earlier.)

Users who are viewing this thread