• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings On the Hunt for Romance

NightMoves

Hello, welcome to my abode! It's fairly plain in here, as we don't even have a couch yet, but please do make yourself comfortable. I'll get the hot cocoa.

Now that you're settled, let me tell you a little bit about me. People call me Night. I am 22 years old and I am a Software Engineer. My timezone is currently MST. Usually I work an 8-5 on every weekday, but sometimes I get a little carried away and all of a sudden it's midnight. Anyway, I've been lurking through pages of 1x1 thread, but haven't quite gotten up the courage to PM anyone yet. A lot of people are seeking individuals who post every single day, who are extremely literate, and can contribute the most detailed and amazing plot points of all time.

I, personally, am not sure if I can post everyday. I'll definitely try, but sometimes I just get really into my work and I honestly can't help it. It's like I've been hypnotized, I swear. I'm also mostly literate, I think. Who knows if I'm using punctuation correctly, but I at least know the difference between your/you're and their/there/they're. I think it's fairly hard to judge oneself when it comes to literacy. Like, sometimes I think my writing is the best and most coherent thing in existence, but then I read some posts on here and I feel my confidence slowly swirl down the toilet. It's as if my 10 years of roleplaying and writing experience means nothing sometimes. Not too long ago, I wanted to be an author.

Anyways, I'll stop rambling; It's something I do when I'm nervous. Let me tell you what you probably actually came here for, the things I am currently interested in rping. I feel most comfortable roleplaying males, but I wouldn't mind getting more experience with roleplaying females.

I've recently edited this since I deemed the last attempt too thrown together. Hopefully, this is better, but I don't have much experience creating these kind of threads so...who knows! Here are some general ideas! Feel free to PM me if you'd like to do any of them! Even if you'd like to make adjustments.

When Character A was born, their parents seemed to fall out of love with each other. They did nothing but fight for years and years, causing their child to grow up with sorrow in their heart. One night, after a particularly horrible fight between their parents, A storms into their room and begins sobbing uncontrollably.

"Why do they always fight?!" A asks themselves, wondering why they had a child if they were unsure of their love. They fall down to their knees, pounding at the carpeted floor with their small hands. "I wish I could stop them from fighting...please please PLEASE give me the power to stop them."

Unbeknownst to them, a shooting star dashes across the sky just outside their window. They wait and wait for something to happen, waiting for the power that they begged for, but nothing seems to happen...yet.

Character A wakes to their parents fighting again. An anger bubbles inside their tiny body, and they stomp their way to where their parents are. They scream "Just stop already!!!!" Suddenly, both their parents fly to the ends of the room, stopping the fighting immediately. This is the day that Character A gained the power of telekinesis.

Since then, Character A uses their telekinesis just about every day. Sometimes for simple things like brushing their teeth, one time to get a cat from a tree, etc.. They live a normal, telekinesis filled, life. That is until they're using their power one day and it...doesn't work. They hear a disembodied voice coming from the corner of the room. "Oh, sorry boss. I wasn't paying attention." All of a sudden, the book they were trying to move drifts over. They focus on where the voice came from and all of a sudden Character B materializes, holding the book.

Cece is one of the most popular girls in school. To all, she's known as the Matchmaker. Her instincts are extraordinary, and all matches that she's made appear to be loving and, supposedly ,everlasting. No one quite knows how the matches are made, but there are rumors about Cece's...unconventional situations. There are rumors of her kidnapping people, torture, chaos, etc.

But that couldn't be true...could it? Character A and Character B will have to find out the hard way.

Life continues after death. Souls wait in a pool of nothingness as they stand in line to be reincarnated. Most of them are hollow and insentient, but some have gained the ability to think and feel even in limbo. Character A and Character B are part of these rare few. At first they talk happily about their future lives, but every day they spend together, their excitement dwindles. They eventually fall in love and step out of the reincarnation line. Those who are reincarnated have their memories erased, and they couldn't bare the thought of losing each other.

One day, the reincarnation system catches up to them. They take A from limbo and force them to be reincarnated. Devastated, but not wanting to lose A, B spends their years successfully and seriously avoiding the system, planning their escape. Most of their plans don't work, but eventually...one does. B finds their way into the land of the living and steals the body of an unfortunate soul. At this point, A has grown up. Will A remember B? Will B be able to make A fall in love with them again? Will the system catch up with B?

Character A and Character B have been best friends since they were babies. They confide everything and anything in each other, never leaving secrets between them...except for just one tiny secret.

Character A comes from a family of powerful sorcerers/sorceresses. They've trained in the family arts since they were a kid, unbeknownst to B. Eventually, they even become a powerful member of the magic containment division; A team of magic beings that detain those who put the supernatural at risk of being revealed to the human world. One day, an evil magical being who has previously seen A hanging out with B, kidnaps B.

This magical being attempts to perform a ritual with B as a sacrifice in hopes that it will leave A in shambles, but fortunately, A comes to the rescue. Unfortunately, the ritual was already halfway through before being interrupted. Now, B has...something inside of them. Something that could possibly kill them and everything around them.

Character A and Character B are witches and training. Today is their birthday. They've finally come of age to leave their homes with nothing but a bit of food and their trusty animal familiar; A witch tradition that has been around for centuries.

Although being from different homes and areas, the two witches arrive at the sparkling city called MorningBell. Little do they know, something ominous is brewing under the city's shiny exterior. Will they discover sinister plans or will they live their lives happy and unknowing? Only time will tell.

That's about all I got for now. If you've got another romance idea you wish to pitch to me, I'd love it. I know these ideas here are incredibly rough, and not very good, but sometimes you're just in the mood for some cringey cliche stuff, right? Promise I'll try my best to contribute to ideas and plotting if you choose to PM me.

Thank you for reading if you've gotten this far. I look forward to rping with you.

Last edited:
I'm very interested in "A match made in...Where are we?" should I pm you or will you pm me?

I'm very interested in the Till Life Do Us Part or Witchful Thinking! I'd totally be up to RP either with you ^^

Hey! Your “A Match Made In.. Where Are We?” plot is very unique and sounds quite suspenseful, I’d love to talk to you about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back